Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! (6284 Views)

Kenya: Increasing Access To Sanitary Pads Using Banana-fibre / Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / Dairies Sanitary Pad Kills - Ladies Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by CHIMCO(m): 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2010
I'm considering leaving my "lady" cause she cannot use always sanitary pads fr her montly discharge. I just discovered recently dat she uses something like customised rag & it is irritating to me. I told her dat i dnt like it but she is stil using it secretly. She is a business lady. I know she can afford it. She said hygiene but that's bul-shit. Pls what do u think? I need candid advise.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Omolola1(f): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2010
Oh my gawd! anyway, if that is what she feels comfortable in, leave her! i really do not see how it affects you~
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by cpatra(f): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2010
Do you mean rags or towels? Some use sanitary towel b/c they're having heavy flow. Don't c anything wrong in that, though I prefer pads.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Odunnu: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2010
Its her flow abi?leave her to her choice of what to use.
Wud u change if she asks you to wear pants against boxers?
Let her be,its her choice.Just advice her to be clean at/with it
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by tpiah: 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2010
which one is customised rag.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by yjay(f): 2:01am On Sep 27, 2010
tpiah:

which one is customised rag.

lol, i so would like to know too tpiah, so chimco wld u pls do us the honours?
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by madlady(f): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2010
@Poster some females are very sensitive, they are not able to use the average commercial brands, these are normally made from non organic non natural fibres.

If organic natural fibre products are not readily available customised cotton products are just as good. smiley
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by CHIMCO(m): 7:33am On Sep 27, 2010
The last time i look at it, it was like a self made 'towel' or 'rag' preserved for her discharge. Pls save me from the argony of explaining. It concerned me b/c i care. What do you think? Thanks.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by phemmy88(m): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2010
"Customized Rag?" That's hilarious!
Anyways, I'll advise you to take ur time and explain to her why she needs to use the one you prefer- and while doing so, DO NOT OFFEND HER!
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Hauwa1: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
OP
buy her truck load of high efficiency pad like Poise wink great for heavy flow and quit complaining. Always is not too ideal for heavy flow undecided
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
Funny comments, customized rag ke?
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2010
Maybe she is sensitive to the commercial sanitary towels. If she keeps it clean then I see no reason how that should affect you. Besides its only once a month and if it irritates you that much then avoid her for the 5-7days of her period. You wouldnt want her dictate to you how you should clean your arse after you poop now would you?
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by tpiah: 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2010
CHIMCO:

The last time i look at it, it was like a self made 'towel' or 'rag' preserved for her discharge. Pls save me from the argony of explaining. It concerned me b/c i care. What do you think? Thanks.

buy her the one you want her to use, or find out if she's allergic to regular pads.

simple as abc.

it could also be she's from a poor or traditional background and couldnt afford pads when she was growing up.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by MissyB3(f): 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2010
Rag? shocked
Can you post a photo, please?

Years back, in the hostel, I know a girl that uses hygienic paper roll. Like, does pad itch these people? undecided
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by xxcarolxx(f): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Rag? shocked
Can you post a photo, please?

Years back, in the hostel, I know a girl that uses hygienic paper roll. Like, does pad itch these people? undecided
[/quote I don't think there is a need for a photo,
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by MissyB3(f): 9:54am On Sep 28, 2010
If I didn't want to view it, I wouldn't have asked.

BTW, I don't want a photo of his girl while placing the rag. Per carità!
I wouldn't mind a picture from the internet. I just want to know what a sanitary/customised rag grin looks like, as I've never seen one before.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by akwaowoudo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
I'm well versed with the fact that most girls use rags, tissue paper and at times a piece of foam. I don't know the reason why. Can a lady explain why?
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by tpiah: 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^which part of growing up poor do you not understand?

do you want to be cussed out before you get common sense?

kindly roll yourself into one corner abeg.

hiss.

isnt it people like you who will be searching for used menstrual pads to do rituals with.

1 Like

Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by tpiah: 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2010

22 May 2009

11 people went on trial in the Netherlands accused of using voodoo to force up to 150 Nigerian women and girls into prostitution in Europe.

In a statement, Spanish police said they had detained 23 people after raids on 10 homes across the country. Material used in voodoo rituals, computer equipment and several passports were also seized.

"The girl is taken to a shrine or a cemetery in the middle of the night, her finger nails are cut off, her pubic hair is shaved, a menstrual pad containing her blood is taken away, and then a piece of her clothing is removed," he said.

"These are deposited in a shrine with wicked incantations that this girl should die and her family be wiped out in the event that she runs away or [exposes] these criminal practices," he added.

Mr Arinze said that such was the strength of the girls' belief in the oath, that even if they were presented with the opportunity to escape from prostitution once in Europe, hardly any would dare.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8063205.stm
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by tpiah: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2010
it was reported that two out of four young men, whose desire for riches led them to the shrine of one Nana Ogya at Aburi New-Town, in the Eastern Region and purportedly turned into snakes for failing to put menstrual pads of their girlfriends into some ritual pots, which were given to them by the fetish priest.

http://justiceghana.com/index.php?view=article&catid=39%3Alaw-reports&id=815%3Asakawa-snakes-criminal&tmpl=component&print=1&page=&option=com_content
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Hauwa1: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2010
you mind him, let him and his likes continue to pretend. african women and maybe women around the world in the past use old clothings for their period.
we grew up with always, poise, tend, tampoos etc. true that some pple do use old clothings to protect themselves.

even the baby diapers in nigeria wasnt there before. mothers use napkins and old rag (call it customized lol again) for babies.
maybe some low incomers still uses napkins and rags for baby and old rags as sanitary towel.

poster should know to show his lady the new and hygienic way instead of denge denge
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by madlady(f): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
Not to contradict anyone on this @Topic but COMMERCIALLY Made custom-made items are twice as expensive hear in the UK.

Tampons are not always acceptable to some cultures due to the method of use.

I know that their may be many different reasons for using custom made products but, they are as hygienic as any other method.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by tpiah: 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2010
as long as whatever is being used is kept clean, no biggie.

if you have to use rags for safety or whatever reason, just wash them as necessary.

anybody wey no like am, should keep their noses firmly glued to the discharge while monitoring you.

they should never ever remove their eyes, ears and brain from in between a woman's legs oh.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Sissy3(f): 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
tpiah:

as long as whatever is being used is kept clean, no biggie.

*Hauwa*:

you mind him, let him and his likes continue to pretend. african women and maybe women around the world in the past use old clothings for their period.

whatever she prefers to use on her cycle should be her business as long as everything is clean at the end of the day. maybe thats what she is used to way before you met her and prefers it. leave her and cycle alone jor
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by MissyB3(f): 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2010
tpiah:

^^which part of growing up poor do you not understand?

do you want to be cussed out before you get common sense?

kindly roll yourself into one corner abeg.

hiss.

isnt it people like you who will be searching for used menstrual pads to do rituals with.

This was uncalled for. All he did was ask a simple question. No? undecided
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by CHIMCO(m): 3:35am On Sep 29, 2010
Missy please, dont mind tpiah. She wants me to exchange words with her but i won't. I need opinion not criticism.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by tpiah: 3:41am On Sep 29, 2010
^^you do not need opinion.

what you need is to get your behind out of creating daft threads.

you've received enough advice- if you cant live with your girlfriend then find someone else and let her get a more matured and responsible guy.

i dont respect men who start threads like these.

neither do i think you're above suspicion yourself, given the nature of some ritualistic africans.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by InkedNerd(f): 4:49am On Sep 29, 2010
~Sissy~:

whatever she prefers to use on her cycle should be her business as long as everything is clean at the end of the day. maybe thats what she is used to way before you met her and prefers it. leave her and cycle alone jor

Yupp, well said.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by slap1(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
I don't see any problem since the rag is customized. It shouldn't worry you since she's Ok with it and you're not supposed to go there when she's on it, or am I wrong?
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by Odunnu: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2010
Bia nwoke m,where u @? You are safe abi?
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by slap1(m): 12:53am On Sep 30, 2010
^^ I am, thanks. But with gunshots punctuating the night, I fear I'm condemned to keep vigil till day breaks.
Re: She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! by akanke79: 10:54am On Sep 30, 2010
The danger of sanitary napkins
Posted on October 16th, 2008 in Health
Ladies, be aware of this. I received this interesting analysis of what makes a sanitary napkin and tampon, and I get the shivers thinking how we are regularly exposed to hazardous elements month after month for so many years! I will share with you the content of the email as I have received it, and let you decide whether or not there is any truth to what is said.

No wonder so many women in the world suffer from cervical cancer and womb tumors. Have you heard that tampon makers include asbestos in tampons? Why would they do this

Because asbestos makes you bleed more, if you bleed more, you’re going to need to use more. Why isn’t this against the law since asbestos is so dangerous? Because the powers that be, in all their wisdom (not), did not consider tampons as being ingested, and, therefore, didn’t consider them illegal or dangerous.

A woman getting her Ph.D. at University of Colorado at Boulder sent the following: ‘I am writing this because women are not being informed about the dangers of something most of us use: tampons. I am taking a class this month and I have been learning a lot about biology and women, including much about feminine hygiene. Recently we have learned that tampons are actually dangerous. I’ll tell you this – after learning about this in our class, most of the females wound up feeling angry and upset with the tampon industry, and I for one, am going to do something about it To start, I want to inform everyone I can, and email is the fastest way that I know how.
FOR MORE CHECK
http://www.everywomansblog.com/the-danger-of-sanitary-napkins

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Stammering Hereditary?if Not, Why Has My 4 - Yr Old Son Taken After Me? / Virgin Coconut Oil & Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER For Skin & Hair Beauty / PHOTOS: Result Of Excessive Steroid Use And Squats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.