Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History (1146 Views)

Resources For Young Writers / Young writers start new chapter in Nigeria’s literary history #CNN / Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History by JUO(m): 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2010
CNN's new series i-List takes you to a different country each month. In September, we visit Nigeria focusing on changes shaping the country's economy, culture and social fabric as it celebrates 50 years of independence.

(CNN) -- A 19-year-old Nigerian undergraduate student has signed a two-novel deal with the British publisher Faber, making her its youngest ever woman author.

Chibundu Onuzo, a history student at King's College London, will have her first novel, "The Spider King's Daughter," published next year.

"I wrote the book in my last year at school," Onuzo told CNN. "I've been writing since I was 10, but this was the first novel I finished, so it was very liberating to be able to write 'The End.'"

Onuzo, who moved to England to go to school five years ago, found an agent before she had even finished writing, and sealed the book deal on her first meeting with a publisher

Her editor at Faber, Sarah Savitt, describes Onuzo as a "very talented writer at the beginning of an exciting writing career."

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/09/21/nigerian.authors/index.html?hpt=C2

i like this
A 19-year-old Nigerian undergraduate student has signed a two-novel deal with the British publisher Faber, making her its youngest ever woman author.
Re: Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History by JUO(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
where are the Yorubas and Hausas?

anyway the corrupt nigeria is making names every where. after oyibo go say we no get anything to offer
Re: Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History by iyeyemi: 10:53am On Sep 29, 2010
does everything have to be about tribe and ethnicity?
Re: Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History by AloyEmeka5: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2010
Re: Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History by djayxpro: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2010
But seriously, must it bring about an ethnic anything. She z a Nigerian girl, dat's al dere z to it
Re: Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History by maedan(f): 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2010
Don't mind these tribalists. Nigeria's first literary Nobel laureat is Yoruba (Wole Soyinka), so what is the noise about ethnicity. I'm glad for her as a Nigerian, even tho' she's been away for 5 yrs.
Re: Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History by gorociano: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2010
the girl got her break through a literary agent, the question is WHERE ARE THE LITERARY AGENTS IN NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

Chika Unigwe and Naija Stories Want Your Best Short Fiction / If A Word Is Mispelled In The Dictionary,how Do We Know? / EDUCATION IS NOT ENOUGH.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.