Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

What Is Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Sin? (959 Views)

What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? / How Does The Fact That There Are Gay Animals Impact The Idea That Gay Is Sin? / What Is Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Sin? by bioade(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
WHAT IS SIN?
ALL HAVE SINNED
The Bible says “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God” [Romans 3:23]. It also declared that “if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us . . . if we say we have not sinned, we make Him (God) a liar, and His word is not is us” [1 John 1:8,10]. Therefore, all men have sinned.
WHAT IS SIN?
“Sin is the transgression of the law” [1 Jn 3:14] “vain talk is sin” [Proverbs 10:19] “He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth” [Proverbs 14:21] “The thought of foolishness is sin” [Proverbs 24:9] “Whatsoever is not of faith is sin” [Romans 14:23] “Therefore, to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin” [James 4:17] “all unrighteousness is sin” [1 Jn 5:17]
“Sin is an offence against God” (Oxford Dictionary), Sin means Stubborn In Nature. It is disobedience to God’s law and ordinances. Sin is Satan’s Impacted Nature, it is Satan’s Identity Number, it is insulting God to His face. It is enthroning Satan at God’s expense in your heart. It will sink you in hell except you repent.
Lying is a sin, all form of corruption are sin, embezzlement of public funds is a sin, oppression, violence, rigging of election, hatred for fellow men, examination malpractices,, stealing, philandering, premarital sex, indecent dressing, polygamy, cheating on others, extra marital affairs, murder, slander, abortion, homosexuality and a host of others are sinful and they attracts God’s judgment.
Also, sin is an unwholesome habit, speech and behaviour against the word and will of God. It includes all acts of ungodliness and unfaithfulness before God
A sinner is a man or woman, boy or girl without God and without hope. A sinner takes pleasure in committing sin, he has no self control, he is a victim of the devil and is doom for hell.
THE CONSEQUENCE OF SIN
Sin sinks sinners in hell. It rob you of your peace (Isa. 48:17) It separates you from God (Isa 59:1-2), It brings death (Eze. 18:4,20; Rom. 6:23), It exposes you to sicknesses, curses, yokes and satanic attacks, it brings about unanswered prayers (Psalm 66:18), reproach (Prov. 14:34), and it eventually leads to eternity in hell. (Psalm 9:17)
C.H Spurgeon noted that “sin and hell are married unless repentance proclaims the divorce”. The story of the rich man and Lazarus further confirms the horror of hell. It is a place “where their worm dieth not” (Luke 16:19-31)
THE WAY OUT OF SIN
Jesus is the ONLY WAY out of sin. He is the way from sin to salvation, from curse to blessing, from Egypt to Canaan, from bondage into freedom, from hopelessness into hope. He is the perfect substitute from God. The death penalty pronounced on you was transferred to Him because “God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come into repentance” (1 Peter 3:9)
Jesus said “I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (Jn 14:6)
What then should you do?
Accept Christ as the only way to God, to heaven. Accept Him as your sin-bearer and acknowledge your sins. (Romans 3:23; 6:23)
Believe that God loves you and that Jesus died for you. (Romans 5:8;10:9-13; Jn 3:15-16)
Confess and repent of all your sins. (Acts 3:19; 1 Jn. 1:9)
Prayer
Lord Jesus, I thank you for paying the price for my sins. I do herebu plead for mercy and pardon. I invite you Lord to live and reign in my heart and solemnly promised never to continue in sin. Thank you for your forgiveness. I am now born again. Amen.

For spiritual help and counseling, please contact;
The Evangelist,
2, Badru Street, Olorunsogo Street, Abeokuta. Ogun State
E-mail: bioadealways@yahoo.com
E_vangelist@yahoo.com
Tel: 08068824624; 08062877250
NB; YOU CAN REPRODUCE THE TRACT BUT DO NOT ALTER THE CONTENT AND ADDRESS. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: What Is Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
Sin is not accepting my ideological standpoints. Sin is not accepting that i am right and you are wrong.
Re: What Is Sin? by yeswecan(m): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
Since is an offense against GOD by any thought, word, did or omission against the laws of GOD.
Re: What Is Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2010
The OT God himself, is a sin against God.
Re: What Is Sin? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2010
bioade:

WHAT IS SIN?
ALL HAVE SINNED
The Bible says “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God” [Romans 3:23]. It also declared that “if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us . . . if we say we have not sinned, we make Him (God) a liar, and His word is not is us” [1 John 1:8,10]. Therefore, all men have sinned.
WHAT IS SIN?
“Sin is the transgression of the law” [1 Jn 3:14] “vain talk is sin” [Proverbs 10:19] “He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth” [Proverbs 14:21] “The thought of foolishness is sin” [Proverbs 24:9] “Whatsoever is not of faith is sin” [Romans 14:23] “Therefore, to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin” [James 4:17] “all unrighteousness is sin” [1 Jn 5:17]
“Sin is an offence against God” (Oxford Dictionary), Sin means Stubborn In Nature. It is disobedience to God’s law and ordinances. Sin is Satan’s Impacted Nature, it is Satan’s Identity Number, it is insulting God to His face. It is enthroning Satan at God’s expense in your heart. It will sink you in hell except you repent.
Lying is a sin, all form of corruption are sin, embezzlement of public funds is a sin, oppression, violence, rigging of election, hatred for fellow men, examination malpractices,, stealing, philandering, premarital sex, indecent dressing, polygamy, cheating on others, extra marital affairs, murder, slander, abortion, homosexuality and a host of others are sinful and they attracts God’s judgment.
Also, sin is an unwholesome habit, speech and behaviour against the word and will of God. It includes all acts of ungodliness and unfaithfulness before God
A sinner is a man or woman, boy or girl without God and without hope. A sinner takes pleasure in committing sin, he has no self control, he is a victim of the devil and is doom for hell.
THE CONSEQUENCE OF SIN
Sin sinks sinners in hell. It rob you of your peace (Isa. 48:17) It separates you from God (Isa 59:1-2), It brings death (Eze. 18:4,20; Rom. 6:23), It exposes you to sicknesses, curses, yokes and satanic attacks, it brings about unanswered prayers (Psalm 66:18), reproach (Prov. 14:34), and it eventually leads to eternity in hell. (Psalm 9:17)
C.H Spurgeon noted that “sin and hell are married unless repentance proclaims the divorce”. The story of the rich man and Lazarus further confirms the horror of hell. It is a place “where their worm dieth not” (Luke 16:19-31)
THE WAY OUT OF SIN
Jesus is the ONLY WAY out of sin. He is the way from sin to salvation, from curse to blessing, from Egypt to Canaan, from bondage into freedom, from hopelessness into hope. He is the perfect substitute from God. The death penalty pronounced on you was transferred to Him because “God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come into repentance” (1 Peter 3:9)
Jesus said “I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (Jn 14:6)
What then should you do?
Accept Christ as the only way to God, to heaven. Accept Him as your sin-bearer and acknowledge your sins. (Romans 3:23; 6:23)
Believe that God loves you and that Jesus died for you. (Romans 5:8;10:9-13; Jn 3:15-16)
Confess and repent of all your sins. (Acts 3:19; 1 Jn. 1:9)
Prayer
Lord Jesus, I thank you for paying the price for my sins. I do herebu plead for mercy and pardon. I invite you Lord to live and reign in my heart and solemnly promised never to continue in sin. Thank you for your forgiveness. I am now born again. Amen.

For spiritual help and counseling, please contact;
The Evangelist,
2, Badru Street, Olorunsogo Street, Abeokuta. Ogun State
E-mail: bioadealways@yahoo.com
E_vangelist@yahoo.com
Tel: 08068824624; 08062877250
NB; YOU CAN REPRODUCE THE TRACT BUT DO NOT ALTER THE CONTENT AND ADDRESS. GOD BLESS YOU
Too much story. sin is that which you will not like done to you but which you do to others.
Re: What Is Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2010
lexio:

Too much story. sin is that which you will not like done to you but which you do to others.
Gba sibe, omo! grin
Re: What Is Sin? by bioade(m): 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
i have posted the article on what is sin so that you friends can read and share from my knowledge base and beware of sin in its slightest form. most importantly, you might run to Him who alone can save your soul. shalom

(1) (Reply)

My Children Are Not Ready / Devil's Ploy To Accelerate Immorallity = 2go / Dead Man Wake Up In The Moque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.