Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? (6664 Views)

Patience: I Haven't Packed Out Of Aso Rock / Patience Jonathan Commences Packing Out Of Aso Villa / Aso Rock Belongs To Nigerians...in A Democracy We Have No Pictures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by chrisrock(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2010
hello nairalanders there is this issue that has been bothering me,we all see the Pentagon house on the internet and so many other countries Presidentail Villa,but how come a country like Nigeria the Gaint of Africa presidential villa is not on the intenet? Am just curious,
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
Because its just a Rock,the Building is located inside the Asokoro Rock. if they will post any picture it the Rock picture
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by desgiezd(m): 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2010
Abomination!!! You are asking for the impossible!

On a serious note, one gets to see the White House including the interior of the White House on the internet but one has never seen our own Aso Villa either in newspapers or on the internet. I know whoever ventures snapping the pictures can get killed for planning coup or for planning to kidnap the president!
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by chrisrock(m): 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
I totally dis-agree with u,what kind of rock is it, such that a camera lens can't zoom to penetrate the inside view of it, just like the way we see the pentagon house,
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by chrisrock(m): 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2010
desgiezd:

Abomination!!! You are asking for the impossible!

On a serious note, one gets to see the White House including the interior of the White House on the internet but one has never seen our own Aso Villa either in newspapers or on the internet. I know whoever ventures snapping the pictures can get killed for planning coup or for planning to kidnap the president!
But is it suppose to be so? I feel they have cockroaches in there cupboards that why they are afraid.
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Beaf: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
Becomerich will be jealous of this one! grin
Behold Aso Rock;

Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Beaf: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by desgiezd(m): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2010
chrisrock:

But is it suppose to be so? I feel they have cockroaches in there cupboards that why they are afraid.

This is why it is Nigeria. People do go as far as seating and playing beside the fence of White House while one can clearly see the White House through the fence but in Nigeria ants cant even dare not to talk of human beings because we are all potential coup plotters and kidnappers!

@ Beaf
Nice one!
Becomerich just got a competitor!
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by desgiezd(m): 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
Thanks Beaf. Its not even an impressive building!

I want to believe this picture was taken during the construction process before the President moved in. Also by now, all the dry ground around  the house is now covered with lush green grass.
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by calyx: 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Beaf

A house in construction? You can do better than this na
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
Another IBB legacy to Nigeria. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Beaf: 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
calyx:

@Beaf

A house in construction? You can do better than this na

Ok o! Henter dia an take pishure na! grin
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

Another IBB legacy to Nigeria. lipsrsealed

I hope someday, someone will rebuild all those Islamic looking buildings to reflect the secularity of Nigeria.

I have nothing against Islam and I like the national mosque, I think it's quite beautiful.

But I don't understand why the seat of government and the national assembly should look like something out of Saudi Arabia!!
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Onlytruth(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

I hope someday, someone will rebuild all those Islamic looking buildings to reflect the secularity of Nigeria.

I have nothing against Islam and I like the national mosque, I think it's quite beautiful.

But I don't understand why the seat of government and the national assembly should look like something out of Saudi Arabia!!

Totally agree.
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by Onlytruth(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2010
Beaf:

Ok o! Henter [/b]dia an take[b] pishure na! grin

lol. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by tpiah: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2010
and where is it written that every tom, d.ick and harry must be allowed to access aso rock?

una wan carry una terrorist and boko haram reach there?
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by chosen04(f): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

Why are you complaining?

Are you sure the you with hold the sight of ISLAMIC BANK'S BUILDINGS when they become operational? thanks to Sanusi
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by GAR3TH(m): 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2010
the picture (2) that beaf showed is NOT aso rock villa. that is a building on the aso rock complex but not the villa it self (could be something like a police or medical building, not sure). the way abuja masterplan was design is not the same as Washington's masterplan. unlike washington, abuja designed its government complexes so that it does NOT interact with the public. the reason is for security. it is easy to maintain a high level of security when the public is not in view/ interacting. nigeria is not the only country that does this, many other countries do the same.

also I'm not really sure, but a while back I read state documents that say they might build a new presidential complex, in side the three armed zone were the old presidential complex is, looking of millennium park
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by GAR3TH(m): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

How does the national assembly look islamic? if anything it looks similar to the capital building in washington.
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by desgiezd(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
GAR3TH:

also I'm not really sure, but a while back I read state documents that say they might build a new presidential complex, in side the three armed zone were the old presidential complex is, looking of millennium park

After attaining this feat, I'm sure there will be food, clothing, shelter, jobs, money and everything yanfu-yanfu for every Nigerian because that in itself will solve all our problems!
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by xterra2(m): 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
[size=13pt]Okay if you have been to the gate of villa not entering the presidential building just passing by you would notice that there is a "No photography" sign

Secondly,if you are to enter the villa like a visitor you phones and camera /camcorder bla bla bla would be taken from you so how do you take a picture then ? No way

The people working there have their mobile phones of course but they know the rules they wouldnt upload any pictures else

But if you havent seen the Villa no worries for now,Vote me for President sometime in the future and i would invite you , cheesy cheesy am not joking here wink wink

[/size]
Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by shotster50(m): 12:43am On Sep 29, 2010
chrisrock:

hello nairalanders there is this issue that has been bothering me,we all see the Pentagon house on the internet and so many other countries Presidentail Villa,but how come a country like Nigeria the Gaint of Africa presidential villa is not on the intenet? Am just curious,

This coming from someone who lives in a country where everybody strives to have a higher fence and burglary proofs than their neighbours

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? by chrisrock(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aigbofa:

I totally agree with you,the sight of these buildings really pisses me off,

(1) (Reply)

Now There Is Adequate Power Supply In Nigeria And Nobody Is Talking? / BREAKING: APC Headquarters Shut Down, As Obasanjo, / Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.