Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences (20205 Views)

Interested in Studying Abroad? Education Consultancy with a difference! / 2013/2014 Romanian Government SCHOLARSIP (study In Romania) / Tution Free University Education In Finland; Am In Finland Studying Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
You are interested in studying in Romania?

Everybody who is interested to study in Romania next year, I want to give you my experiences about the applying process. As it it very complicated because you will not get every information from the embassy or from the university where you want to study.

Important to know, you don`t need any agency for the application, they take only a lot of money and sometimes the Ministry doesn`t want their applications.

First experience: For self sponsored students from Nigeria, you can send your documents only between the March and September otherwise the Ministry doesn`t pay attention to your application.

Second experience: In several documents it it written that Nigerians have to submit their documents exclusively through the embassy. This is not completely right: you have to legalize your documents through the embassy and !very important! be sure that you will receive a stamp also from a person who is from the Ministry of education from Romania (He/She is in the embassy in Nigeria for some time) otherwise your application file will not be accepted at the Ministry in Romania.
Then you have to send your documents to the Ministry of education in Romania. Not to the university or a language school. They are not allowed to take them.
And very important: don`t forget to put the name of the university where you want to study in the application form and the field of studies (It is not very clear in the application form if you have to write it or not) The reason why you need it is because the Ministry will send a copy of your application form to the university.

Then you have to wait till the embassy calls you to invite you for an interview/test to know why you want to study in Romania. Just after the test you will be informed if you have passed it or not. If you are chosen then the process goes on, if not you will not receive any acceptance letter anymore.
The embassy will tell you that you will receive the acceptance letter in 2-3 weeks after the the test but is not right.
The best thing is to call the university after 4 weeks and to ask them if they have received the letter of acceptance (through the Ministry it is sometimes difficult to get somebody but try it nevertheless)
From sending the documents to the Ministry and receiving the acceptance letter, it took 4 months in my case.

If the university doesn`t have your name in their system, then the Ministry hasn`t send your application file to the university already or you haven`t been accepted.

So good luck.
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2010
Student Visa Romania

Those who want to study in Romania, I give u the information about the rquired documents and the costs for the whole procedure (after my own experience cause it is not very easy to get the information in advance)
Standard information you find here: http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2054

Good to know: actually the visa is guaranteed if you have the documents and the required money

Documents what you need to obtain the visa:
* letter of acceptance issued by the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports in Bucharest
* passport
* copy of the filled form to apply for the letter of acceptance and copy of the school certificate with the stamp from the Romanian embassy (they will ask you for that when you ask for the visa so make a copy of all the documents before you send them to The Ministry in Romania)   see above
* proof of payment of the tuition fee for at least one year of studies  ( between 2000 – 4000 Euros depending on what you want to study)
proof of the means of support in amount of at least the minimum net wage at country level per month, for the entire period specified in the visa
which means: statement of bank account (showing approx 4000 $)
additionally if u have a sponsor (family, friends, organisation):
Confirmation letter of the financing of the studies including the period of financial support and the monthly amount (minimum net wage ~ 200 €/month)
if ur sponsor is from a foreign country you need the confirmation letter
has to be notarized by a solicitor and legalised with the Hague Apostille
(stamp)
* high school Diploma with the transcript of records
* a criminal record certificate or another document of the same legal value;
* medical insurance for the entire period of the visa validity; (you need it for the first 3   
months )
* Birth certificate
* if the applicant is a minor: approval of the parents or foster parents as to the stay on the Romanian territory for study purposes;

Important! The documents written in purple have to be translated in Romanian language; in English is not enough for the visa

you need also:
* reservation of a flight ticket (actually Turkish Airlines are the cheapest ones where u don`t need
a transit visa, for the European airlines you need a transit visa which means u have apply for it
after receiving your student visa for Romania and that means to wait again some weeks)
* reservation of an accommodation at the place of studies (Hotel, Hostel) , 3 nights is enough
(universities write in their documents that they offer accommodation for students but they are not for self-sponsored students only for them with scholarship, self-sponsored students have to organise it by themselves)
important! Possibility to cancel the reservation cause it is sure that won’ t obtain the visa in the time what the embassy says.
* visa fees (actual) 385,- € (have to be paid in euros)

Also important to know:
* date when you can apply for the visa at the embassy, actual it`s Monday but inform you before especially when you are living far.
* Bring a lot of patience! You can sometimes wait till in the evening

When you have presented all the documents you have to wait, they will tell you it takes 2 weeks but it`s not true (i`m still waiting for I`ve given my documents end of October)
Also it is good to call them after 3 weeks cause they change sometimes the procedure and u have to show other documents additionally.
Like in my case, when they call u now, u have to show a flight ticket for Romania (reservation is not enough, !be sure that u can change the date of the flight cause u will not get the visa immediately) and the prove of money written in the acceptance letter (actual at least 2.500 $ ) in cash. (that' s the money what u have to present in Romania when u apply for the residence visa of 1 year, the visa from the embassy is only valid for some weeks)
If u cannot show the both ur visa will be cancelled and the effort was for nothing.
If u have shown them the two things then u will get another appointment where u can pick the visa.

Costs for the whole procedure:without any agent
(including transport from Lagos)
Letter of acceptance: 1.160 $
Visa: 1.620 $
+ student fees 1 year : ~ 2830 $ (economics)
+ flight ticket:    ~ 1600 $  (actual with Turkish airlines)
+ cash money: 2.500 $  actual

Everybody who is courageous to start the procedure and has the money, I wish good luck.
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by kambo(m): 3:16am On Dec 14, 2010
stress. shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

did you do the stress cuz it's cheap?

what about other countries - ukraine,u.s.a,u.k?
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2010
just want to inform u about the actual situation, I take back that "the visa is guaranteed" cause it isn't.  cry
My visa has been cancelled in the last moment but not only for me. For all the Africans who were applying for a student visa through the embassy in abuja, the visa has been cancelled. Reason is a new ambassador and the changement of rules in Romania.
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2010
What is the language of instruction, English?
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by jikings(m): 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2010
Raghilda, Thanks for your post on visa procedures. I think you may need to include the benefits of studying in Romaina for others to learn from you?What kind of accreditation does the universities have internationally that will attract foreign students and how can you compete favourably with a Romanian degree? For all I know Romania seems to be one of the poorest countries in Europe with very high levels of poverty and crime
That are very many options available and should be strongly considered before leaving your home country to head North!!!
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by lovethk: 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2010
I think this is quit expensive, the amout there is excluding the student visa passport proccessing and other things
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2010
@ naijamark 
language of instruction:
Romanian mostly and only some courses are in English.

@jikings
It's true Romania is actual not in a good financial situation, the economic doesn' t function very well. To study there is mostly possible for people which have a sponsor or a rich enough. Cause to find a job there as a student is not very easy and then u don' t earn much.
But everybody most know by himself why he wants to study in Romania or in another European country.
I have post it mostly to inform the others, when they are interested and to know really what u need, cause the Romanian embassy is absolutely not cooperative, that means it is difficult to reach them by phone and the most money u spent is to get the informations.

@ loveth k
the amount is inclusive student visa processing otherwise i wouldn' t have written it like that (the most I have spent for the transport from Lagos to Abuja and it was only by bus)
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Lsoldier: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
Do i need to legalize my documents to get the visa in the Romanian embassy? or it's just required to get the acceptance letter?
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Ortega01: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
Raghilda: Student Visa Romania

Those who want to study in Romania, I give u the information about the rquired documents and the costs for the whole procedure (after my own experience cause it is not very easy to get the information in advance)

Good to know: actually the visa is guaranteed if you have the documents and the required money

* letter of acceptance issued by the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports in Bucharest
* passport
* copy of the filled form to apply for the letter of acceptance and copy of the school certificate with the stamp from the Romanian embassy (they will ask you for that when you ask for the visa so make a copy of all the documents before you send them to The Ministry in Romania)   see above
* proof of payment of the tuition fee for at least one year of studies  ( between 2000 – 4000 Euros depending on what you want to study)
proof of the means of support in amount of at least the minimum net wage at country level per month, for the entire period specified in the visa
Confirmation letter of the financing of the studies including the period of financial support and the monthly amount (minimum net wage ~ 200 €/month)
(stamp)
* medical insurance for the entire period of the visa validity; (you need it for the first 3   
months )
* Birth certificate
* if the applicant is a minor: approval of the parents or foster parents as to the stay on the Romanian territory for study purposes;

Important! The documents written in purple have to be translated in Romanian language; in English is not enough for the visa

you need also:
* reservation of a flight ticket (actually Turkish Airlines are the cheapest ones where u don`t need
a transit visa, for the European airlines you need a transit visa which means u have apply for it
after receiving your student visa for Romania and that means to wait again some weeks)
* reservation of an accommodation at the place of studies (Hotel, Hostel) , 3 nights is enough
(universities write in their documents that they offer accommodation for students but they are not for self-sponsored students only for them with scholarship, self-sponsored students have to organise it by themselves)
important! Possibility to cancel the reservation cause it is sure that won’ t obtain the visa in the time what the embassy says.

Also important to know:
* date when you can apply for the visa at the embassy, actual it`s Monday but inform you before especially when you are living far.

When you have presented all the documents you have to wait, they will tell you it takes 2 weeks but it`s not true (i`m still waiting for I`ve given my documents end of October)
Also it is good to call them after 3 weeks cause they change sometimes the procedure and u have to show other documents additionally.
Like in my case, when they call u now, u have to show a flight ticket for Romania (reservation is not enough, !be sure that u can change the date of the flight cause u will not get the visa immediately) and the prove of money written in the acceptance letter (actual at least 2.500 $ ) in cash. (that' s the money what u have to present in Romania when u apply for the residence visa of 1 year, the visa from the embassy is only valid for some weeks)
If u cannot show the both ur visa will be cancelled and the effort was for nothing.
If u have shown them the two things then u will get another appointment where u can pick the visa.

Everybody who is courageous to start the procedure and has the money, I wish good luck.

Please i just got admission
into babe bolyai in cluj
napoca. I need help on how to
get accommodation in cluj
napoca
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by bigfat12(m): 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
Bloodofjesus: 2013/2014 Admission to Romania AND Bulgaria Universities,any interested person should contact me this email mymother60@gmail.com or 08039707404

how is business my dear follower ...
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by mickiq: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
So what happened to the fees you paid to the university, was it refunded?
Raghilda:
Student Visa Romania

* passport
(stamp)
months )
* Birth certificate
you need also:
Also important to know:
So what happened to the fees you paid to the university, was it refunded?
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by vanosky: 12:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by temidee011: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
The visa fee is 160dollars.
And pls my ppl, is Romania that poor?
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Mcee60: 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hello dear prospective students coming to Bucharest, Romania i want ensure you that you have not made a bad decision.
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Joiceee(f): 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2021
Mcee60:
Hello dear prospective students coming to Bucharest, Romania i want ensure you that you have not made a bad decision. i got into romania last year december for masters and it has been much better than i expected however i am here to render help of accommodation for anyone coming to bucharest for the first time and does not have a place to sleep for the first few days. i am willing to help you with a place to lay your head for few days and eventually if you decide to stay a bit longer you get to pay half the price of the rent. below is my number+40764319380
please I will need your help. I want to apply for the masters scholarship

1 Like

Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Olowookereoe: 12:54am On Jan 29, 2021
I want to also apply who is applying along?
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Olowookereoe: 12:54am On Jan 29, 2021
Joiceee:
please I will need your help. I want to apply for the masters scholarship

Brother are you applying for 2021. You don get all documents?
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Amicableoga: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Pls l need guide on how to apply for masters
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Smithkafors(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
Does anyone have a number of any agent who can help with Romanian admission.
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by Alabig22: 3:36am On Mar 21, 2022
Contact T empires and tours. As I speak am in Romania and it was through the platform. A reliable one at that +234 816 884 6483
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by ewanza: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
Alabig22:
Contact T empires and tours. As I speak am in Romania and it was through the platform. A reliable one at that +234 816 884 6483

Sure plug. He is a reliable and sure agent to work with.
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by ewanza: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2022
https:///DjyRHEjL0DKEPYx8gOireH

Join the Romanian Student WhatsApp group for information
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by ewanza: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by ewanza: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
Re: Interested In Studying In Romania? My Experiences by isiaka: 2:38pm On Feb 26
Hello guys! Any updates??

(1) (Reply)

I.C.T Training And Diploma Certification / Boost Your Career With 3D Animation Course And Certification / Quality Education In Ukraine At An Affordable Rate For Nigerians

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.