Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,454 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:41 PM

Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery (1276 Views)

Where Can I Replace My Laptop Screen In Abuja / Who Can Replace My Asus Transformer TF201 Tablet Broken Screen? / Laptop Battery replacement For Sale @ Reduced Price in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery by mekaboy(m): 8:36pm On May 05, 2007
Lagos Na Wa!

My fellow Nigerians, i want you all to listen carefully to my situation and advice me on what to do. I am a Nigerian, residing in Enugu state, a computer tech and website designer. One day i walked into a friend of mine's office in enugu and i saw a nice looking laptop on his desk and i admired the laptop and asked how it came by. he showed me an advert on a newspaper by a Company in lagos called (Binary Digits) which stated that they had lots of laptops for sale at N100,000 and more, so i decided to make arrangements to get one. My friend said he had called the guy in charge who's name was (Gbenga ) and phone number (08023206176) and he was given their company account number in a bank in Enugu state where he paid the money and after somedays he sent him the laptop.

I was impressed and interested so we had to call Gbenga and he said they had ran out of stock but they would have more in 2 weeks. Exactly 2 weeks gbenga called and said they had laptops in stock and this new ones came with free Bluetooth Device. So I was given the account number of their company, i went to the bank and paid in 105,000 Niara, we contacted gbenga he confirmed the payment and sent the laptop , it took over a week to arive after some delays by the road transport service so we later used the airlines.

I got the laptop i was happy but there was no bluetooth, we called gbenga, he said he forgot and there was no way he could send it unless if i came to lagos he would give it to me because he was not ready to spend anymore to send it.

After a month i traveled to ghana where i schooled , just to wake up one morning and turn my laptop on and it showed nothing on the screen, as a technician i removed the batery and connected it direct and it came on so i knew it was a battery problem. I called gbenga and told him he said they would replace it since its under waranty and i should let him know as soon as i am in Nigeria .

In 2 months i came back to Nigeria and went straight down to enugu state, called gbenga and told him i was in Enugu and i could not see him in lagos but i would send someone who was going to lagos to go with the battery.

He said as soon as i send the battery with the person i should i should give him the contact details so he could pick the battery up and replace it.

The person got to lagos, i text the contact details to gbenga, and then called to confirm, he picked and said he would get in touch with the person. After 2 weeks , i called the person and she said she had not heard from gbenga. I called gbenga and a lady picked up and said she was the wife and gbenga had traveled to the UK and i should call after 2 weeks.In 5 days time i called Gbenga's phone with a different number and i got gbenga on phone. Guess what? he said he just got in from UK and he was going back 2 morow that i should call in another 2weeks.

after 2 weeks, when i call gbenga he does not pick up the phone, I told my friend about the problem and he called gbenga . gbenga said the company had not sent the batteries yet and thats why he does not pick my call. After 1 week i called him and he picked up and guess what he said, He said he traveled to the UK and there was no battery in the UK and Even in lagos the battery could not be found. So what is going to happen i asked ? he said i should wait until the company sends it. When will they send it i asked? I don't know but as soon as they do i,ll let you know. Its been over 3 months the battery has not arived and Gbenga does not pick my calls anymore. I contacted someone in lagos and they said the battery cost 17,000 Niara for that model ( Toshiba Satelite pro , Celeron M, M50 model).

I can't speak to gbenga anymore, he does not pick my call anymore. if i call with another number he picks up, hears my voice , he pretends that the network is bad and he can't hear me and cuts the phone, he has done this several times.

Please could someone tell me what to do if he or she was in my position? If anyone knows gbenga in lagos from binary Digits, please tell him thats not the right way to do business. toget to him call (08023206176).
Re: Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery by naijacutee(f): 10:39pm On May 05, 2007
I hope he's on Nairaland to see this!
Re: Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery by texazzpete(m): 12:08am On May 06, 2007
and why the frag can't you go to Lagos yourself to raise some dust?
I'm sorry, but i just don't think you're a serious person.
Re: Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery by Seun(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2007
As long as he is serious enough to drop cash for his purchase, he's serious enough to be treated like a customer.
Re: Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery by jidody(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2007
Typical of a lot of Nigerian Businesses. Customer Service is far below average. I think you should pursue the issue to its logical conclusion, they are usualy encouraged to continue delivering bad service because a lot of us give up easily and accept the standards they give us even though we are dishing out our hard earned money.
Re: Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery by mekaboy(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2007
I wish i could go to lagos and raise some dust as i have been adviced by many. But IT Person and have a project i am working on in Enugu.I have to save N17,000 and replace it myself. But this is the price i have to for all Nigerian's. I have posted this to all naira landers so no one makes the mistake of buying anything from binary digits.
Re: Gbenga At Binary Digits Doesn't Want To Replace My Laptop Battery by texazzpete(m): 6:30pm On May 11, 2007
Seun:

As long as he is serious enough to drop cash for his purchase, he's serious enough to be treated like a customer.

yeah well, he isn't being treated like a customer. this much is clear from his post. he now has two options:

1. Stay in enugu and keep crying or

2. Go Lagos and have it out with this person.

Because the truth is, anyone who can afford to pay N17k for a new battery and stay for weeks without using his laptop in the way it should be used should have the resolve to get on a flight to Lagos, get to the office, kick some arse, grab the battery and return back with the prize. That's what i'd do.

if you'd rather waste time and then allow yourself get cheated, that's your lookout!

(1) (Reply)

Www.ooaap.com / 2 Tb And 1.5 Tb External Hard Drive(verbatim Combo Drive ) / Apple Ipad 2 (64gb Wifi + 3gb) N195,000k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.