Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! (2876 Views)

Rivers Killings: Buhari Orders Security To Punish Sponsors / Court Renews Arrest Warrant On Tompolo, Orders Security Agencies To Produce Him / Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by wales(m): 6:18am On Sep 29, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday ordered security agencies in the country to find the 15 nursery and primary pupils kidnapped on Monday in Aba, Abia State.

The children, who all attend Abayi International School, Aba were abducted in their school bus on their way to school. The kidnappers have since posted a ransom demand of N20 million.

Doing our best

In a statement by the president's spokesman Ima Niboro, Mr. Jonathan also directed the acting Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, and other security agencies to immediately take all necessary steps to rescue the children and return them safely to their parents.

"The President urges the parents and relatives of the children to remain calm and assures them that government will do everything possible to apprehend the kidnappers and bring closure to these ugly incidents as soon as possible."

The Abia State government had last week given kidnappers in the state a two week ultimatum to surrender their weapons and be rehabilitated in an amnesty programme.

Speaking in Abuja, Mr Ringim said competent police officers have been deployed to rescue the school children, adding that, "We have received the report that the children were kidnapped when the bus conveying them to school was attacked. We have already deployed some police officers and men to Aba. The police have also deployed the Anti-Terrorists Squad (ATS) to the state for quick intervention." He said, "We are doing the best we can, going by the training and leadership capability of our men, to ensure that the situation is brought under control. We have capable and competent men to do the job. In a shortest possible time, the situation will be turned around."

State of anomie

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has ordered all corps members serving in the state to withdraw from their places of primary assignment to the orientation camp in Umuahia, if they feel threatened by any attack.

Five corps members kidnapped in neighbouring, Rivers State weeks ago have not been heard of since. Five journalists were also kidnapped in the state in July and released a week after.

Meanwhile, the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Okwesilieze Nwodo has condemned the abduction of the pupils. He described the incident as callous and unacceptable. A statement by his media aide, Ike Abonyi, said the incident has soiled the nation's 5oth anniversary celebrations at a time when many foreign dignitaries are in the country for the golden jubilee.

He said the hijackers are wicked and challenged relevant security agencies to fish them out and save the children, their families and the nation the trauma.

The chairman said that the issue of kidnapping in the South East geo-political zone, especially Abia State, has become a huge embarrassment to the nation and should be condemned by all.

The Network of Police Reform in Nigeria, a non governmental organisation, noted that, "the police and other security forces have, not just lost control, but have themselves become targets of unrelenting attacks by the hoodlums they are expected to checkmate." A statement by Okechukwu Nwanguma, the Programme Coordinator said the state government has lost control of the situation adding, "Any government that cannot protect lives and property is not worth the name."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5624514-146/jonathan_orders_security_agencies_to_find.csp

Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by wales(m): 6:19am On Sep 29, 2010
I believe the abia state government has handled kidnapping issue in the state which has reached an epic with unseriousness and laxity. the government should have known by now that establishing local security service just like the days of bakassi boys is the key to stopping the re-occurring inhuman trade.I STATE HERE CARTEGORICALLY THAT THE UGLY TREND COULD BE MITIGATED IF THE GOVERNMENT RISE UP TO ITS RESPONSIBILITIES, RISE UP ABIA,RISE UP NIGERIA,
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Bishopking: 8:51am On Sep 29, 2010
this might actually be the beginning of revolution hoped for.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by kingsido: 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2010
kidnapping = kid + napping guess the guys are right, im yet to see adultnapping, LMAO
BROS JONA SHUD DECLARE STATE OF EMERGENCY SHARP SHARP B4 ADULTNAPPING STARTS
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by bisiaet: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
I believe the abia state government has handled kidnapping issue in the state which has reached an epic with unseriousness and laxity. the government should have known by now that establishing local security service just like the days of bakassi boys is the key to stopping the re-occurring inhuman trade.I STATE HERE CARTEGORICALLY THAT THE UGLY TREND COULD BE MITIGATED IF THE GOVERNMENT RISE UP TO ITS RESPONSIBILITIES, RISE UP ABIA,RISE UP NIGERIA

Well said but this will only happen if he himself as a governor did not know who are the godfathers of this Kidnappers. I find it hard to belief he can not stand up to the challenge and wipe thses idiots out SO THE GOVERNOR HIMSELF AND HIS GUYS NEED TO BE THOUROUGHLY CHECK IF THEY ARE CLEAN.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Youngichou(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2010
Arrant non-sense. He should know that this are Igbo naughty  Bastard Boys who are desperately looking for money. So he grant then what they ask for and stop putting the lifes of these kids in jeopardy all in the name of security. By the way do nigeria has security agencies?
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by JUO(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
I'm angry with these kidnappers, why kidnap the wrong people? the governor and his men are there, go after them not the innocent ones
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by duduspace(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2010
But this is crazy, when did Nigeria become a terrorist state where children are no longer safe?  undecided when I was young, we were always warned about Gbomogbomos lurking around but they were always lonesome lowlife types looking to make quick money ritually but you never heard of a whole bus of children being attacked and 15 children taken captive. Are people no longer humane in this country of ours? When did things get this bad in Nigeria? o ga o.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by seyibrown(f): 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2010
I pray for the safe return of the kids to their families and the apprehension of the heartless rogues. Amen!
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by dupsytosh(f): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2010
duduspace:

But this is crazy, when did Nigeria become a terrorist state where children are no longer safe?  undecided when I was young, we were always warned about Gbomogbomos lurking around but they were always lonesome lowlife types looking to make quick money ritually but you never heard of a whole bus of children being attacked and 15 children taken captive. Are people no longer humane in this country of ours? When did things get this bad in Nigeria? o ga o.

this ones are also lowlifes too. just a little bit advanced. It was on the news this morning that they've reduced the ransom demand from N20 million  to N200k.  
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
Is this how jonathan plan to address the issue of kidnapping in Aba ? Issuing threat to police and service chiefs,that guy is not srious.Someone should tell him to wake up
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by udennaa: 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
which security agencies?is it not the same police that are part of the 'business'.the five youth corpers kidnapped many days ago and many others have not been found by the same police and another order is being given to a force incapable of protecting the citizens.this is simply a joke,i only pray the kidnappers will be touched by God to release the children without harm.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by chyz(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2010
So instead of setting up a well organized security strategy to hault kidnapping permanently, he is only sending "police" out because of international shame of the kidnapping of kids and corp members.Smh what a shame. Lets say they actually do happen to get them back then what? The "Anti-teror units" go back to lord knows where and everything goes back to normal? I smell a riot coming soon.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by MaziUche0(m): 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2010
My state goes up in flames!

Seems like I wont be going back to my village during the Christmas holidays. I will be staying in Port Harcourt.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by monkeyleg: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
Well this is all part of a very disfunctional society. How can anyone be suprised at what is happen, saw this coming years ago. The country is in total chaos, an the Nigerian police have not been doing thier job for far too long.

Kidnapping, Boko Haram, Millitants, Armed Robbers, Hired Killers. the list is endless. We are just getting to the bottom of the pit. We are indeed a wicked society
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2010
chyz:

So instead of setting up a well organized security strategy to hault kidnapping permanently, he is only sending "police" out because of international shame of the kidnapping of kids and corp members.Smh what a shame. Lets say they actually do happen to get them back then what? The "Anti-teror units" go back to lord knows where and everything goes back to normal? I smell a riot coming soon.
That guy really has bad people as his Advisers !
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by MaziUche0(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2010
monkeyleg:

Well this is all part of a very disfunctional society. How can anyone be suprised at what is happen, saw this coming years ago. The country is in total chaos, an the Nigerian police have not been doing thier job for far too long.

Kidnapping, Boko Haram, Millitants, Armed Robbers, Hired Killers. the list is endless. We are just getting to the bottom of the pit. We are indeed a wicked society

I sadly agree.

Now I can see that this problem is more widespread than I though. Did not know my state would reach these levels. It makes me very upset.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by asha80(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2010
Nigerians generally have no idea of how to tackle issues and problems creatively and constructively.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by bisiaet: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2010
this how jonathan plan to address the issue of kidnapping in Aba ? Issuing threat to police and service chiefs,that guy is not srious.Someone should tell him to wake up  

But brother what has Jonathan done wrong in this matter? All is not about Jonathan is all about our so called Igbo leaders pls lets call a spade a spade. They are busy doing open and secret Ndigbo this Ndigbo that has any of this so called leaders ever stand and openly say anything as per this urgly kidnapping trend? But they can gather to champion IBB for presidency while their backyard is on fire. Where is the so called self acclaimed Igbo father (Ojukwu) pls brothers has he for once get up and say look boys stop this kidnapping with immediate effect? Because he claimed he can talk any Igbo man to order. This problem is internal and lets stop attacking Jonathan if we truely belief we are that republican as we claimed and the interest of our region is paramount as we claimed why then do all these leaders keep silent and busy in helping a cursed man IBB and be dreaming of unrealistic, lies 2015 while they suppose to have talk sense to these idiot kidnappers?

A state of emergency was sometime ago proposed but was trashed out my people said it's an invasion of Igbo land this sorts of things annoys me a lot and this same poepl who called it invasion what was their effort to curb it? Nothing, only ego, pride, 2015, IBB project is the the main issue and let kidnapper carry on to eternity isnit?

Pls it is not Jonathan that should wake up it is we Igbo that need a wake up call. God bless
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2010
bisiaet:

But brother what has Jonathan done wrong in this matter? All is not about Jonathan is all about our so called Igbo leaders pls lets call a spade a spade. They are busy doing open and secret Ndigbo this Ndigbo that has any of this so called leaders ever stand and openly say anything as per this urgly kidnapping trend? But they can gather to champion IBB for presidency while their backyard is on fire. Where is the so called self acclaimed Igbo father (Ojukwu) pls brothers has he for once get up and say look boys stop this kidnapping with immediate effect? Because he claimed he can talk any Igbo man to order. This problem is internal and lets stop attacking Jonathan if we truely belief we are that republican as we claimed and the interest of our region is paramount as we claimed why then do all these leaders keep silent and busy in helping a cursed man IBB and be dreaming of unrealistic, lies 2015 while they suppose to have talk sense to these kidnappers?

A state of emergency was sometime ago proposed but was trashed out my people said it's an invasion of Igbo land this sorts of things annoys me a lot and this same poepl who called it invasion what was their effort to curb it? Nothing, only ego, pride, 2015, IBB project is the the main issue and let kidnapper carry on to eternity isnit?

Pls it is not Jonathan that should wake up it is we Igbo that need a wake up call. God bless  

Jonathan is the president and chief security officer of Nigeria for God sake ! So I have every right to blame him for the insecurity in Aba.you feel me ?
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by MaziUche0(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan is the president and chief security officer of Nigeria for God sake ! So I have every right to blame him for the insecurity in Aba.you feel me ?

Can't believe we are singing the same tune!

Jonathan needs to take control of not only Aba, but the nation in general.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2010
Its very very unfortunate that the state government of Abia has allowed the security to be so porous. It is in Aba that journalist were kidnapped for days and now innocent school pupils, not to mention the many pockets of kidnappings and robbery and killings in various parts of the city of Aba. This government has failed us completely. My President, We implore you to use you office and intervene. the situation is actually worse t5han it is being reported in the media. The media will not tell the world that when these hoodlums visit a victim, they also dis-honour them. There have been reported cases were men were  forced to sleep with their mothers and the robbers also rape wives in front of their husbands and so somany sacrilegious crimes. May God help us. Amen
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by monkeyleg: 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
Listen GJ may not be a bad man (The Jury is still iut on that assessment), but his advisers are not doing well. Nigeria is in serious trouble that sentiments alone cannot fix. We need people with very clear ideas on how they would move the country on all fronts, not just selective options, all, that means Education, Welfare, Health, Security, Justice, this list is long. But we need to be firing on all cylinders, I am afraid we are not , and I doubt we will get that with GJ
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by zenus(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
All these things are happening in Aba with the present of this so called Bakassi.
Something is going wrong somewhere
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

Can't believe we are singing the same tune!

Jonathan needs to take control of not only Aba, but the nation in general.
This is something that concern the whole of Nigeria,we are talking about lives of fellow Nigerians being kidnapped and killed by some thugs for np just reason
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by zigalo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2010
Speaking in Abuja, Mr Ringim said competent police officers have been deployed to rescue the school children,
Hmmm,  So he admits there are incompetent police officers, Nonsense people in high places mmmssscccchhheeeeewwwwwwwwww
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Kingzy4pep(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan is the president and  chief security officer of Nigeria for God sake ! So I have every right to blame him for the insecurity in Aba.you feel me ?
You should count Gej out of this. What reasonable effort has the state government done abt this and why is this kidnapping issue repeating itself in this same state? For God's sake, there's no security in that state.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Ranoscky(m): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan is the president and CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER of Nigeria for God sake ! So I have every right to blame him for the insecurity in Aba.you feel me ?

Can u imagine the comment of a so called sane human? undecided

Blackteeth, pls why not go and see the 'DENTIST' instead of spittin out smellin comments? undecided
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Olaolufred(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2010
Mazi Uche,

If you are in Washington, then wash out soo well.

This compulsory travel home for Xmas and New year is turning into something not envisaged at the begining.

Indigbos comes home from all nations to celebrate. Fine. But when these travellers also show their plunders

Then those who are still looking for a break became more agressive. believing they must make it at all cost.

This makes most think they must also come back home big, trying not to be inferior to others who had travel to one area or the other.

The crimes keeps increasing with their level of desperation.

But, what would be the gain in making others cry while they come home big for Xmas or new year.

Every Igbo who had worked hard and lawfully acquired some fortune should beware of " I must go home for Xmas syndrome".

May God guide you all.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
I can't believe those kids are still missing! sad
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2010
Ranoscky:

Can u imagine the comment of a so called sane human? undecided

Blackteeth, pls why not go and see the 'DENTIST' instead of spittin out smellin comments? undecided
What part of my post doesn't make sense to you ? Aba has become Afghanistan yet it seems we don't have a president and you are here questioning me ? Na wa for some people who would remain blind to see that jonathan is doing absolute nothing to tackle insecurity in Aba and Nigeria
Kingzy4pep:

You should count Gej out of this. What reasonable effort has the state government done abt this and why is this kidnapping issue repeating itself in this same state? For God's sake, there's no security in that state.
Why should I count him out ? Has he stop being Nigeria president ? Until then,he's responsible for everything including spending our security.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by seanet02: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2010
MY iGBO BROTHERS WHY ALL THIS INJUSTICE ON CHILDREN?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blasts: SSS Takes Suspects To Court / Tinubu Praises Awo And Other African Statesmen / Igbos Should Take Over The Leadership Of Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.