Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:25 PM

Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! (3532 Views)

Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust / Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Senator Chukwumerije is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by wales(m): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2010
A mild drama played out on the floor of the Senate at its resumption on Tuesday as Senator Uche Chukwumerije announced his change of party affiliation.

In a letter to the President of the Senate, Chukwumerije informed the Senate that he had dumped Progressive Peoples Alliance for the Peoples Democratic Party.

The terse letter read, “It is my constitutional duty to inform your Excellency and the Senate that I am now a member of the Peoples Democratic Party.”

A loud murmuring from senators immediately started as David Mark finished reading the letter.

A point of order raised by Senator Ahmed Lawan of the ANPP to challenge the defection was turned down by the President of the Senate.

Another one by Senator George Sekibo tried to draw the attention of the Senate to the fact that Chukwumerije had been a severe critic of those moving from the minority parties to the PDP.

He said, “Chukumerije has always criticised those moving from that side to this side and now he is moving.”

But again, Mark ruled him out of order saying that since he came under the order for breach of his privilege, there was no evidence that the defection of Chukwumerije affected him as a senator.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009290383993

Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by wales(m): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2010
Is this the same chukwumerije of abacha for life fame ? if so , he is only being true to type . when will this country be rid of this cacerous wasted generation ?
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 29, 2010
Confused lots, keep jumping from one place to another like headless chickens
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by MaziUche0(m): 6:32am On Sep 29, 2010
These Nigerian politicians are making angrier each passing day!
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

These Nigerian politicians are making angrier each passing day!
My dear, everything makes you angry.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by MaziUche0(m): 6:45am On Sep 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

My dear, everything makes you angry.

Not you Bonita Applebum. . .
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

Not you Bonita Applebum. . .
LOL oh really!
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by MaziUche0(m): 6:50am On Sep 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL oh really!

I speak the truth, and nothing but the truth.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

I speak the truth, and nothing but the truth.
LOL I'd remember this when you start replying me with angry words
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by yemmight(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2010
Always controversial.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by bisiaet: 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2010
Not surprise it's part of him.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by kingsido: 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2010
political ashewo
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by otokx(m): 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2010
The guy wants a share of the pie.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by udennaa: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
chukwumerije of all people,the least expected;anyway who doesnt want to join the moving train and be where its happening.do i blame him,to nijja politicians,all that matters is personal interest.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
only in Nigeria,you will see politicians changing political parties like pads anyways I won't blame him,most of them lack political ideology
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by udezue(m): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
Political prostitute
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by victory: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2010
Uche Uche I know you will do it, thanks for not disappointing me

www.moneyjobs24.com welcome home,
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by hackney(m): 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
One day that country will be a one-party dump.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by monkeyleg: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2010
This one is worse than political ashawo, we call this 3 for 2 naira. Make im carry go
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by HamidO1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
udennaa:

chukwumerije of all people,the least expected;anyway who doesnt want to join the moving train and be where its happening.do i blame him,to nijja politicians,all that matters is personal interest.

ur 1st line suggests dat u r suprised, Believe me 90% of those in opposition in d national assembly 2day will defect to PDP if garaunteed a place in government come 2011. This people r nt trustworthy at all,
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by fender(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
The guy don fall my hand big time. what's he going there to do? To have his share of the dough or what Shame on him "A CRITIC OF THE HIGHEST MAGNITUDE".
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by seanet02: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2010
Traditionally Igbo politics. Wherein else have you see 30 candidates file out for a Gubernatorial election? A zone with an abyss of in sensitive politicians.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Fhiminana: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2010
Most of these political mamals do not have any ideology and have nothing to offer and will rather hobnob just to find relevance. I sincerely pity the people under his constituency.

When will we ever have politicians who can stand for something so they cannot fall for anything?? lipsrsealed
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by opribo(m): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2010
That man has never said any truth with his mouth since I have been hearing about him. His words mean nothing to him. kai i wonder what he will be telling his children at home.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by sessy2(f): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2010
All our big men are hungry men who cannot stay away from our oil money.Chukwumerije wellcome to our oil blocks.idiot. he once attempted to remove june 12 from our calendar dat we should jump from june 11 to june 13. I blame his mongo park pipo who made him senator.God fobid but if IBB wins election using ZRZ party uche will go there, if Chris okoti wins with fresh party uche will be there, you can be 2 sure dat if Dele momodu wins with his xxy party uche will join.its in their character.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2010
sessy2:

All our big men are hungry men who cannot stay away from our oil money.Chukwumerije wellcome to our oil blocks, he once attempted to remove june 12 from our calendar dat we should jump from june 11 to june 13. I blame his mongo park pipo who made him senator.God fobid but if IBB wins election using ZRZ party uche will go there, if Chris okoti wins with fresh party uche will be there, you can be 2 sure dat if Dele momodu wins with his xxy party uche will join.its in their character.
Lol. . .Until the electoral law makes it mandatory that any serving politician's position becomes null and void if such person decamps and a new election conducted for such position,then the problem can be solved.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by keyiwon(m): 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2010
Abeg let the man be. He is only thinking about his stomach and in extension, his pocket!
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by rashylous(m): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2010
*BG Available for Lease*

*Procedure for BG leasing between #1B - #49B*

INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTION

*Instrument* NIGERIAN BANK GUARANTEE

*AMOUNT*:

*Tenure* 365 days

*LTV* 25+5

*Asset* Cashbacked

*PAYMENT*: Bank Transfer

*BANKING OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE*

1) The receiver issue LOI addressed to provider stating purpose of the BG

2) The Provider sends DOA across.

3) Receiver signs and returns DOA with certificate of company registration.

4. RECEIVER ISSUE *TWO(2) SEPARATE 3% FUND RESERVATION LETTERS AND RECEIVERS ACCOUNT OFFICER TRANSMIT VIA ACCOUNT OFFICER TO PROVIDERS NOMINATED ACCOUNT OFFICERS BANK TO BANK SECURED EMAIL*

5) The issuers bank confirms the *FRLs* thereafter issues BG of the face value (N6B) within 5 banking days.

6. RECEIVERS BANK RECEIVES THE ₦6B BG SOFT COPY

7. *WITHIN 24HOURS THE RECEIVERS BANK TRANSFERS THE 3% AMOUNT TO PROVIDERS ACCOUNTS*

8. Receiver shall send *The 27% Hard Copy of Post Dated cheques across via courier services To Providers Address*

9) The providers bank send the Hard Copy to receivers bank.

10). RECEIVER SHALL WITHIN 15 BANKING DAYS, MAKE PAYMENT OF FINAL LTV BALANCE TO PROVIDER and all CONSULTANTS.
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by CareTaker1(m): 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2010
seanet02:

Traditionally Igbo politics. Wherein else have you see 30 candidates file out for a Gubernatorial election? A zone with an abyss of in sensitive politicians.

sessy2:

All our big men are hungry men who cannot stay away from our oil money.Chukwumerije wellcome to our oil blocks, he once attempted to remove june 12 from our calendar dat we should jump from june 11 to june 13. I blame his mongo park pipo who made him senator.God fobid but if IBB wins election using ZRZ party uche will go there, if Chris okoti wins with fresh party uche will be there, you can be 2 sure dat if Dele momodu wins with his xxy party uche will join.its in their character.

The insults are taken with a pinch of salt, thanks for that.

Nevertheless, if i were to find myself in a dead party like ppa, certainly i will defect, i will not be buried with the party.

And , , come to think of it, the man is far better than most of your fathers , senator your father?
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by PastorOla1: 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2010
This senator is SHAMELESS, This is the characteristic of EXPIRED Politicians in Nigeria just bacause vote does not count here!!!!!
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by bigtree: 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
i'm not surprise,but worried at the future of nigeria.what happen next? sad
Re: Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp ! by Ayowumie(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2010
With people like Chukwumerije and his co defectors, there is no way Nigeria can truly be democratic. Democracy doesn't thrive in the absence of opposition. I wonder what the future holds for democracy in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo Of A Nigeria Policeman Turned Slave To A Chinese Man. / FCT Minister's Son Nabbed With 3million Dollar Car / Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.