Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note (5700 Views)

FG Launches Single Register On Poor, Vulnerable / Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund / Fg Launches Biometric Registration Of Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2010
[size=14pt]FG launches N50 commemorative note[/size]
By Elizabeth Archibong
September 29, 2010 03:43PM

President Goodluck Jonathan, today, formally launched the N50 commemorative notes and non circulating coins, as part of activities to mark Nigeria’s 50th independence anniversary.

The new note is expected to exist side by side with the old one, while the coins will serve as souvenirs during the anniversary.

The launch was done during a brief Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, which lasted for just about 48 minutes, and was presided over by the president.

While speaking at the occasion, the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, stated that the new note, which is designed to commemorate the anniversary, is obviously the same with the circulating N50.

The only difference, he noted, is the addition of the 50th anniversary logo, a gold iridescent band, and a goodwill message written in varnish.

“The new note will circulate side by side with the existing N50 polymer notes. While some of the commemorative coins are produced in 22 carat gold, others are gold plated silver.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5624586-146/story.csp
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by labiyemmy(m): 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
nice one.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
Why?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2010
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by labiyemmy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
why what?

Oh - i understand - your aim of posting is for people to criticise? ok - thats why you are asking why i said nice one?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Ikengawo: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2010
awesome, i like it
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
@labiyemmy:

why what?

Oh - i understand - your aim of posting is for people to criticise? ok - thats why you are asking why i said nice one?

Did you consider how much it cost the government to print the ornamental notes?. Is it worth it?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by labiyemmy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2010
Your aim is to discredit the government as usual, but go and interview majority of people on the road and you will see that their view diverge from what we read in here and want people to beleive -

Your concentration is on the cost- is it today we have been printing money in Nigeria?

Everything is cost this cost that- share the money instead then.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2010
I also think it's a waste of money. It's a pity many people support such things.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Your aim is to discredit the government as usual, but go and interview majority of people on the road and you will see that their view diverge from what we read in here and want people to beleive -

Your concentration is on the cost- is it today we have been printing money in Nigeria?

Everything is cost this cost that- share the money instead then.

The massive support is probably because they are ignorant. Did they ask how much their government is wasting on that project and what they would have done with that money to better our lives?. Shiny N50 notes will do nothing positive to our lives besides, by the time women fold it in their wrappers, you will hardly identify it.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by labiyemmy(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
share the money then.

Every country issues commemorative notes and stamps etc for keynote dates in their history - come on, so we shouldnt do this because you say so?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2010
@labiyemmy:

share the money then.

Every country issues commemorative notes and stamps etc for keynote dates in their history - come on, so we shouldnt do this because you say so?

Nigeria is not every country; It is a failed republic that needs repair.Look at electricity tariff being raised here by 100% when we rarely have the electricity anyway.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-522483.0.html
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by labiyemmy(m): 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2010
ok - Failed republic.

Go to war- declare war - or start a revolution. NairaLand is not enough medium to make any effect - noone reads it.

Agreed - but NaiaraLand means nothing to most people - and repeating news from pages of newspapers makes no meaning - if you want effect- become a rebel, like in most countries - raise your voice, become known - but repeating already known issues for merely half baked comments from people doesn't achieve anything also/.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

The massive support is probably because they are ignorant. Did they ask how much their government is wasting on that project and what they would have done with that money to better our lives?. Shiny N50 notes will do nothing positive to our lives besides, by the time women fold it in their wrappers, you will hardly identify it.

LOL grin grin grin I bet you keep yours in the bra to keep it nice and warm.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aigbofa:

LOL grin grin grin I bet you keep yours in the bra to keep it nice and warm.

Yes, come get some for some cold pepsi tongue tongue tongue
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Yes, come get some for some cold pepsi tongue tongue tongue

undecided undecided undecided undecided Who doesn't like warm and damp Naira notes tongue
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Nice but wasteful in my opinion.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Ikengawo: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2010
^how?

you people would complain if jesus christ became nigeria's president

i like it.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aigbofa:

undecided undecided undecided undecided Who doesn't like warm and damp Naira notes tongue
Just be careful while putting your hand there to take it lest a scorpion bites you. I also store razors and scorpions in my bra to guard against sticky fingers like yours. tongue tongue tongue
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by AloyEmeka5: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2010
Ikengawo:

^how?

i like it.

Why not Mohammed?. Is he trying to make us Christians?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by nex(m): 6:06am On Sep 30, 2010
The President says a large enough quantity of this commemorative N50 notes have to be minted to adequately circulate the Nigerian citizenry of 150 million. That should be between 150 million and 250 million notes (of course provision has to be n=made for hoarders). A single unit of these N50 notes is minted for $5 and this one with additional aesthetic features will cost more.

Anyway, multiply an average of 200 million notes by a price of $5. $1 billion abi? Now convert it to Naira.
So you see Nigerians complaining of an Independence party of N6.5 billion, but they are so happy to see some green ink on the N50 note for N150 billion. Let's not even think about costing the 22 carat gold coins. 22 CARAT GOLD!!!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE!

Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by egift(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2010
[size=16pt]Lamido Sanusi is doing this to get his signature on the N50 Note[/size]
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Mobinga: 8:31am On Sep 30, 2010
^^^ And how does it add to his life or pocket if his signature is there

@Topic : Another unnecessary move! There are priorities. . . Damn! who runs this government?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2010
How is it a waste of money? Printing of money is routine by all central banks. Besides it commemorative and you can decide to keep it as a symbol of national pride.[size=14pt] Agree with me or not, Nigeria has been fair to you otherwise you wont read this post.[/size]
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by SABalogun: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
not bad,
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by teeboyseve(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is a waste of Money, I understand we need to celebrate Nigeria @ 50, But we can do it in many ways, i.e we could design new Postal Stamps,
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by EFCC1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ikengawo:

That is BLASPHEMY you know ? angry angry

nice 1 from CBN
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by alex406(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is really good but at the same time,they should always put the needy first,we can't be celebrating poverty while some are up there consuming our wealth.Its crazy,we really need a change not a party.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Echidime(m): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2010
Are they sharing the money freely to nigerians? What happens to the old one?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Engrdan(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
Fantastic is a good idea. smiley smiley
But let this be known to all 9ja that is a way of wasting our money.
Rubbish  angry angry angry angry :
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Africanson: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2010
@poster
There's something to celebrate but not much.
In some countries today you would not be allowed to have a forum like NAIRALAND where you can say your mind. In countries like Iran, Pakistan, Myamar, China you may as well have been detained for posting this comment.

If you don't know what to celebrate you can celebrate your freedom of internet use without government blockades.

Twitter and forums like this are blocked in Iran, facebook is blocked in Pakistan, google is blocked in China you can't even search anything about your government from google if you were to be a Chinese living in China. There are more,
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by krazynaija(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2010
So i'm hungry here and the government is printing shiny money? smh i cry for una country cry

What are we celebrating? I spend minimum of 15k monthly on fuel because theres no light! #LightUpNigeria n all those parades campaigns do NUFFIN! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Roads Get Flooded Again! / Enugu Is Flooded / EXCLUSIVE! EFCC Storms Asaba To Arrest Tompolo - See Where He Is Hiding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.