Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,427 members, 7,781,245 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:13 AM

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology (26706 Views)

Bsc In Computer Science, Is It Still A Lucrative Degree? / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by BarristerAlarig: 11:41am On Jun 08, 2019
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to school or nursing but will prefer any school than can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks

All universities would admit you via DE if you graduated with at least a 2.1

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

All universities would admit you via DE if you graduated with at least a 2.1

Thank you for your contribution. It's actually a 2.2 in Microbiology.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by BarristerAlarig: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
Enskynelson:

You should check the requirement of your university.

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 7:42am On Jun 09, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

You should check the requirement of your university.
OK. I will do some check. Please assist with some schools that accepts DE for Nursing. Thanks in anticipation. �
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by BarristerAlarig: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2019
Enskynelson:

OK. I will do some check. Please assist with some schools that accepts DE for Nursing. Thanks in anticipation. �

All schools does. Start from your uni

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

All schools does. Start from your uni
Unfortunately my school has no Nursing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by BarristerAlarig: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2019
Enskynelson:

You could try Uniben or AAU. but I honestly don't know if they accept 2.2.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by drskyfly007(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to school or nursing but will prefer any school than can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks
Then go for it..BSC nursing

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Phenomenal16(f): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
I actually know sombdy in my class that studied mcb... .But she entered as a DE...... But I don't know her gp shaaa... Sch is unn....... I will ask her though

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by odeh1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
Try National Open University if you have the Money and time, NOUN will give 200 Level, Contact me to guide you odehemmanuel20@gmail.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2019
odeh1:
Try National Open University if you have the Money and time, NOUN will give 200 Level, Contact me to guide you odehemmanuel20@gmail.com
RN number is required.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Decapheno(f): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks

Did you later go on with your plans?How did it go?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2021
Decapheno:

Did you later go on with your plans?How did it go?
The process was quite not easy. To make matter worse, lock down came. So, I decided to enrol for M.Sc. Public Health. Though delayed by the lock down, I am done with first semester.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Decapheno(f): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2021
Great, cos I'm considering DE NURSING or M.sc, would be graduating next yr
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 10:54am On Jul 15, 2021
Decapheno:
Great, cos I'm considering DE NURSING or M.sc, would be graduating next yr
That will be great. All the best in your studies.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by chinonsoso: 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good choice
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by kambili999(f): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Well, you can get into nursing via direct entry dear. Nurses from nursing school are so skillful. Its great working with them. But they are short paid a lot of times in Nigeria. ( don't know about other countries tho)

But bcs nurses get paid more.

Another thing is the bcs nurses get to know why they do certain things and not just the practical stuffs.

I wish you the best dearie. Just don't give up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by EdoFirstBorn(m): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
angry

All these nonsense threads opened by supposed adults who are surprisingly unable to sit and take decisions for themselves, instead they need the advise of total strangers like me..

Okay let me ask my own nonsense question.

I want to be a herdsman but I have an MBA and PMP certified

angry

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Frizpros: 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
grin

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by paulsibility(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
The elders have said it all. Listen to them.

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by monfizzy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good idea but unfortunately can’t help as it’s Naija. I did studied microbiology in Naija and later studied nursing when I moved to the U.K.

Being a nurse would open better doors for you in terms of migrating to countries like the U.K. US, Canada and Australia. I don’t know why many Nigerians don’t study nursing and other healthcare courses that can easily pave way for them to move abroad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:

School wey no get School of Nursing, is that one a school ni. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by heykims(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
I know of a graduate in Biochemistry who entered Nursing in OAU through DE.
But op, whatever ur decision is, do not settle for school of nursing but a university.
RN acquired in School of nursing is only equivalent to OND in civil service.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Omofloflo: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:

Olodo and u want to study nursing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by alphaconde(m): 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
I have BSC economics

but I want to be a pilot

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by shegzhkn: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
eh.

op how old are you ??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike / Lady Spotted In Ibadan As A Commercial Okada Rider / Highest Paid Paramilitary Personnel In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.