Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster (10253 Views)

What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? / Male Chastity Devices Come In Chrome And Camo Finishes / Who Is The Most Suitable Person ( Men Or Women) To Wear The Chastity Belt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Loveaflame(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
I beg to disagree with your conclusion.It was not the pastors advise that caused your problem but yourself.You need to check yourself critical to know where you you missed it.You had some personal problems of yours that made you what you are today.

Every man is responsible for his life.If you have problem maintaining a relationship say so.Or if no man has ever come to say how are you say so.

Please don't mock God by accusing your pastor.If you know the real problem you have i can be of help in helping you solve it.Contact me through my email ONLY.

loveaflames75@yahoo.com
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by spikedcylinder: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
Afi monopause na. grin cheesy
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by phraze(m): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
be your self woman, just be a bit attentive to the wonder of nature, and love will come your way,
have a good day,
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by SSaemoenl(m): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
My people lost wisdom, thou says thou Lord your God!! May God help U!
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Newnikolas(m): 12:35am On Oct 02, 2010
I doubt the veracity of this piece. Even if true, we shouldn't jump into concluding that pastors are bad as we have not heard from the horse's mouth- the pastor but from her only.
In addition, if this is not a bull and cock story, we have our part to play in this sister's life and that is to SHOW OUR CONCERNS & ADVISE HER GENTLY. Pls stop those suicidal/criticizing comments b/cos they don't help but only add insult to injury. The Rubicon is crossed. We are all human!
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by HighChief4(m): 2:07am On Oct 02, 2010
Am not sure the Poster here is the gal in question, I think she culled this story from "Auntie Agatha". Anyways, whatever is the case, its so obvious that the gal has a serious problem of taking decisions herself, she waited till her pastor almost ruined her life b4 she woke up from her delussion and now she is running to "Auntie Agatha" for advise, always running from pillar to post. God gave us brains so He can rest sometimes while we fix certain things ourselves.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 02, 2010
so where are all those our 'nigerian women are not virgins' thread starters to come to the rescue of this unopened flower?
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by suedoh2006(m): 3:44am On Oct 02, 2010
Let thy will be done.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 3:48am On Oct 02, 2010
ah typical, blame it all on God instead of our own stupidity.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Claus(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2010
As someone said previously, how did the wake up call come at the age of 49!

God has empowered us with His spirit and given us His word for guidance. I don't understand why some people submit their decision making facility to another man.

Poster, you must have some views on this story since you put it on Nairaland. Let's hear your views as well.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by andyanders: 7:47am On Oct 02, 2010
YOU MADE A MISTAKE. DONT CALL GOD HERE. GOD DID NOT TELL YOU TO DISOBEY YOUR PARENTS. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO CLAIM TO BE DOING GOD'S WORK WHEN YOU ARE NOT. GOD IS NOT A GOD OF CONFUSSION. DONT BRING GOD INTO THIS.HOW YOU MADE YOUR BED, SO YOU LAY ON IT. I RESPECT MEN OF GOD, BUT I DOUBT THE ONE YOU HAVE. IF HE IS TRUELY A MAN OF GOD, HE WILL NOT CONFUSE YOU. HE MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND SPIRITUALLY.
GO TO SYNAGOGUE OF ALL NATIONS AS YOU NEEDED DELIVERANCE.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by IBEXY(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2010
Alas this story is mirrored everyday all around us. There are thousands of ladies (and a few men) like this. There are plenty of selfish "men of God" who mislead young people with their fake wisdom. The issue does not only apply to meeting the opposite sex and getting married, it involves you surrendering all your hard earned money as well every sunday to people who intimidate and tell you exactly what you want to hear. The pastor may have even wanted her for himself - who knows. Sheer jealousy could have motivated his actions.

In my experience I have met at least two ladies who live exactly like this. One eventually married. The other one is still parambulating up and down at nearly 50yrs old. Infact I thought she wrote this story because she is in the same age bracket. What man wants a woman who would call your every move "devilish". I still remember her now:

- She does not watch movies,
- no music is good except gospel songs (only the ones she likes)
- no parties, or eating out
- no sexy clothing (its all garish long skirt and scarves no makeup either)
- She condemns all your clothes as devilish - you should be on suits 24/7
- You must read the bible all the time - get rid of every other books
- Sleep and wake to the sound of a christian chorus.
- Above all, you are not allowed to touch her or any other girl despite you have been dating for nearly a year.
- And then, you must leave every other church and join hers - to worship her pastor as an equal to Christ.
- Contribute a massive chunk of my salary to the church every month

You guessed right, I left her. The pressure was too much. I was becoming an extremist and begining to forget how to enjoy life. Today I met and married a fellow "sinner" and we live happily.  Extremism works out badly in the end. You loose social skills, friends and forget how to live and enjoy life. You cannot spiritualise the physical without suffering the consequance.

The worst part is you will see people coming to this thread to encourage her to keep praying instead of arranging a man for her. What she needs is not more prayers. God already answered those prayers by sending men but her selfish pastor sent them away. What she needs now is a man. Am therefore appealing to any unmarried nairalander to consider this open hearted application in good faith.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by ITbomb(m): 8:27am On Oct 02, 2010
Was she the only born again sister in that church. Didnt she notice that other born again sisters were gettin married still under the same pastor. Its a personal problem cos she's the type that will run to the pastor - pastor if he ask me to remove my bra what should i do - you wont expect the MOG to encourage her to develop intimacy BEFORE marriage, he will open the bible and outline all the holiness stuff and she takes it hook line and sinker. Maybe that is why we more ladies than men in the church - they are easily influence or sway
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by yesboss20(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2010
Hmphh. She must be in a really desper8 spot. Nonetheless, da past is gone & u can only effect change in ur present. So, be open abt adoptn & seek the Lord's face in all because with Him, nothin shall be impossible.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by yesboss20(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2010
Hmphh. She must be in a really desper8 spot. Nonetheless, da past is gone & u can only effect change in ur present. So, be open abt adoptn & seek the Lord's face in all because with Him, nothin shall be impossible.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by yesboss20(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2010
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by webaplanet(m): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2010
most nigerians are religious but not godly, if God did not intend us to use our brains or intelligence he would not have given it to us, brethren and "sisthren" ,she did not use her brains in dealing with her situation
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Tosinville(m): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2010
Poster,

* You have already cross your EXPIRING DATE still using extra time with it.

* Marry to Jesus or look for a younger guy and pay him to get you pregnant to have a kid in life before u get to [menopause] completely.

* Pls don't even think of a man getting married to you at this stage of life cos its rare for many men to find a lady of 35yrs above attractive again if she's not looking like sweet-16.

* You can go for adoption if you need young ones company in your home.

Thats my best advice for you and if you feel like ignoring it just like u snob ur mom's word then u will end up living in miserable life when menopause reach completely----- Pls follow one now.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Madukaele(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2010
poster if u said u hav don d will of God since childhood, den r u a vir** , if not den, , , . if u r wahalla dey. LOL
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by omofat: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2010
IBEXY:

Alas this story is mirrored everyday all around us. There are thousands of ladies (and a few men) like this. There are plenty of selfish "men of God" who mislead young people with their fake wisdom. The issue does not only apply to meeting the opposite gender and getting married, it involves you surrendering all your hard earned money as well every sunday to people who intimidate and tell you exactly what you want to hear. The pastor may have even wanted her for himself - who knows. Sheer jealousy could have motivated his actions.

In my experience I have met at least two ladies who live exactly like this. One eventually married. The other one is still parambulating up and down at nearly 50yrs old. Infact I thought she wrote this story because she is in the same age bracket. What man wants a woman who would call your every move "devilish". I still remember her now:

- Above all, you are not allowed to touch her or any other girl despite you have been dating for nearly a year.
- And then, you must leave every other church and join hers - to worship her pastor as an equal to Christ.

You guessed right, I left her. The pressure was too much. I was becoming an extremist and begining to forget how to enjoy life. Today I met and married a fellow "sinner" and we live happily.  Extremism works out badly in the end. You loose social skills, friends and forget how to live and enjoy life. You cannot spiritualise the physical without suffering the consequance.

The worst part is you will see people coming to this thread to encourage her to keep praying instead of arranging a man for her. What she needs is not more prayers. God already answered those prayers by sending men but her selfish pastor sent them away. What she needs now is a man. Am therefore appealing to any unmarried nairalander to consider this open hearted application in good faith.

Excellent point sand very true. Me too I've met one or two like that in my time. No gumption
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by ismaeel86(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2010
what u need now is to adopt a child and forget about marriage cos i don't think any man will even consider you for a fling talkless of marriage. Just move ahead with your life cos you are the primary cause of your problem. And your story should also serve as a lesson to some young ladies out there that are already following your path, everything should have its limit, too much holiness is extremism.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by autokeys: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2010
God have mercy!!!
your faith is in your hands.
God will see you through
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Ayowumie(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2010
autokeys:

God have mercy!!!
your faith is in your hands.
God will see you through

Idolising "Men of God" in the name of christianity is wat all christians must beware of. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. That is wat the Bible says. The Bible didn't say your pastor shall know the truth and shall pass it to you.
May God ultimately have mercy on you and shower u with grace other wise, your situation might as well be a mirage of a desert traveller.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by lekanbar(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2010
There are so many pastors and spiritualists nowadays, #GodHelpUs

http:///SpYZ
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Mobsync(m): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2010
I think theb pastors are stupid 'nd she_BRrp.
Marry one of those pastors.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Girl846(f): 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2010
It is not the pastor's fault, it is all HER fault!
You put your pastors voice above God's voice - thus idolizing your pastor.
God speaks to His faithfuls and answers their prayers!
She was obeying man instead of listening for the voice of God!
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by jetore: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2010
WOW.pls let us rem that this pastors are not god and so cannot no all.even those that used their head and did not wait for a pastor are now happily married.why did she not listen to any other persons.its almost too late now except she wants to do without children and then maybe marry a divorcee or a widower.but certainly god has nothing to do with this,its a matter of personal choice
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by oladayo042: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
tpiah:

^^also true though i wonder why the op's name is new groom.
The source was explicitly stated. Its an article in Daily Independent and OP was not the lady in question.

Source: AuntieAgatha (Daily Independent)
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by SIlknSteel(f): 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2010
It is really depressing n I sincerely feel Poster. I quite agree with house, this should serve as a lesson to everyone of us. In as much as we respect our pastors, lets try to call a spade a spade at all times: Pastors are also humans also!!!
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by netcoach(m): 5:35am On Oct 03, 2010
You don't have to lose hope. At 49 you can still get married and have children. But to say the truth, you trusted your pastors more than you trusted God. Man may fail but God does not. If your faith had been in God and that you began to grow in grace after salvation then you won't be in this mess. Every Believer should learn how to know God's will. God speaks to His children but alas many are not listening at all. Bible has it's standard as regards every issue of life. Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. If your suitors in your youthful days were unbelievers no sane pastor will encourage you to marry them. After all "reverend sisters/fathers' do not marry nor have children. Saying that advice on chastity has earned you menopause is a blatant lie. Chastity is still the in-thing now. If you were not chaste, you may have contracted HIV/AIDS. Girls don't get valuable husbands by sleeping around with men. In fact, any man worth his name will never marry a girl that he took to bed easily. I do not believe that you told us the whole truth of what transpired between when you repented and now. It is possible you had an ideal man (idol) in the heart which unfortunately never proposed because such "Utopian" man never existed anywhere. I know of ladies that wanted to marry rich men and rejected all their eligible but struggling suitors only to turn around after it was late to blame others and seek for deliverance from evil curses placed on them by no one but themselves. Some of those men she rejected and called non-starters are wealthy today enjoying with their families. So repent for idolising your Pastors and make sure your name is still in the Book of Life, then believe God for a miracle. It is also possible that you are angry now with your Pastors and/ or have backsliden. Refrain from that, stop regretting, and move forward. Many of your mates were married yet without children for 30yrs now. Some of your mates are in prison, some are dead and are in hell fire now and worse still some of your mates are mad in different parts of the world.
Wipe away your tears of regret, remain chaste and you will see the salvation of God. He never disappoints. He knows all you're passing through my sister.
Shalom.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by InkedNerd(f): 5:46am On Oct 03, 2010
netcoach:

You don't have to lose hope. At 49 you can still get married and have children. But to say the truth, you trusted your pastors more than you trusted God. Man may fail but God does not. If your faith had been in God and that you began to grow in grace after salvation then you won't be in this mess. Every Believer should learn how to know God's will. God speaks to His children but alas many are not listening at all. Bible has it's standard as regards every issue of life. Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. If your suitors in your youthful days were unbelievers no sane pastor will encourage you to marry them. After all "reverend sisters/fathers' do not marry nor have children. Saying that advice on chastity has earned you menopause is a blatant lie. Chastity is still the in-thing now. If you were not chaste, you may have contracted HIV/AIDS. Girls don't get valuable husbands by sleeping around with men. In fact, any man worth his name will never marry a girl that he took to bed easily. I do not believe that you told us the whole truth of what transpired between when you repented and now. It is possible you had an ideal man (idol) in the heart which unfortunately never proposed because such "Utopian" man never existed anywhere. I know of ladies that wanted to marry rich men and rejected all their eligible but struggling suitors only to turn around after it was late to blame others and seek for deliverance from evil curses placed on them by no one but themselves. Some of those men she rejected and called non-starters are wealthy today enjoying with their families. So repent for idolising your Pastors and make sure your name is still in the Book of Life, then believe God for a miracle. It is also possible that you are angry now with your Pastors and/ or have backsliden. Refrain from that, stop regretting, and move forward. Many of your mates were married yet without children for 30yrs now. Some of your mates are in prison, some are dead and are in hell fire now and worse still some of your mates are mad in different parts of the world.
Wipe away your tears of regret, remain chaste and you will see the salvation of God. He never disappoints. He knows all you're passing through my sister.
Shalom.

Eh ya, this has been of the nicest posts that I've seen to the poster. Your such a good person cry.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by IyaBasira: 5:52am On Oct 03, 2010
IBEXY:

Alas this story is mirrored everyday all around us. There are thousands of ladies (and a few men) like this. There are plenty of selfish "men of God" who mislead young people with their fake wisdom. The issue does not only apply to meeting the opposite gender and getting married, it involves you surrendering all your hard earned money as well every sunday to people who intimidate and tell you exactly what you want to hear. The pastor may have even wanted her for himself - who knows. Sheer jealousy could have motivated his actions.

Dude, please tell me you are joking. Cos the woman you described seems too extreme to be true. No eating out? No movies (Not even Christian ones?)

This story reminds me of the Christian joke below.

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Expecting God to come down from heaven to show us the way is never a good thing.

I feel extremely sorry for her sha. If all else fails, then, at least she knows that she is going to heaven just  like the man in the story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Trust Your Friend Around Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / My Girl Is Having A Side Nigga (see How I Caught Her) / [18+ Story] – The Hot Neighbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.