Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

What Do Muslim Think About Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Muslim Think About Jesus (3212 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! / Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 3:57am On Oct 01, 2010
Muslims respect and revere Jesus and await his second coming they consider him one of the God greatest Messenger to human kind the Koran confirms his virgin birth a chapter of Koran is entitled Mary and Mary is considered the purest women in all creations the Koran describes the annunciation as fellows "Behold the Angel said God has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above women of all nations O Mary God gives you a word from him whose name shall be the Messiah Jesus son of Mary honored in this world and the hereafter and one of those brought near God
He shall speaks to people from his cradle and in maturity and should be of the righteous
She said O my lord how shall I have a son when no man has touched me He said even so God creates what He will when he decrees a thing He say to it be and it is "Koran 3 :42-47 Jesus was born miraculously through the same power which had brought Adam without Father
during his prophetic mission Jesus performed many miracles the Koran tells us that He said " I have come to you with a sign from the Lord I make for you out of the clay as it were the figure of a bird and breathe to it and becomes bird by God's will and I heal the blind and the lepers and raise the dead by God 's will "Koran 3;49
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by aletheia(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
Why couldn't the prophet of Islam do any miracles; like Jesus did?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
Sir the Prophet of Islam had a number of miracles the greatest miracle bestowed upon him was the revelation of the Koran the Koran is miraculous in numbers of aspects its linguistic perfection and inimitability its validation by recent historical archaeological and scientific discoveries its prophecy and so on unlike the miracles of others prophets before him the Koran miracle is eternal here are some of his miracles according to Al bukhari the most authentic collection of Hadiths
splitting of the Moon
lights to guide companions
the expulsion of a liar's corpse
The speech of the wolf
the prophet night journey to Jerusalem and ascent to heaven
food and water multiplication
crying of the stem of the date palm tree
Glorification of Allah by the prophet 's meals
last and not the least while all the prophets came to their nation only Prophet Mohamed came to all mankind his message is universal
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
Mohammad didnt come to all man kind, but came to muslims. His message was different from that of Jesus who the muslims claim was referring to mohammad in John. Whereas he wasnt. Jesus was sent to the world. John 3 vs 16&17. John 1
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2010
Out of the quran&the hadith, which book is more superior?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2010
The Prophet Mohamed was sent to all mankind   "And we have not sent you except as a Mercy to mankind "Koran 21:107
to that extent his message was universal and he acted on it and that why  he planned to spread the message beyond Arabia
and his tribe he decided to write to neighboring kings including those of super powers inviting them to Islam
The prophet techniques in communications and leadership style played a significant role in accomplishing his goal in delivering the message of Islam
to the world to his credit the religion of Islam is reaching to almost 2 billion Muslims on planet earth in every continent race and color
The Prophet sent the fellowing message to
1 - Heraclius the Emperor of bayzantines (Roman Empire)
2 Chosroes Emperor of Persian Empire
3- King of Abyssinia ( Africa)
4 Muqawqis  Ruler of Egypt
5- Gassani Governor of Syria
6- Al mundir bin sawa Ruler of Bahrain
The text of the letter sent :
In the Name of Allah the Beneficient the Merciful this letter is from Mohamed the slave of Allah and his Apostle I invite you to Islam if you become Muslim you will  be safe and Allah double your reward and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your subjects and I recite to you Allah statement
'O people of the scriptures come to word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with him
and that none of us should take others as Lords beside Allah then if they turn away say bear witness we are Muslims '' Koran Surah 3 Ayah 64
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2010
Sir the Koran is more superior because it is the Primary source believed by Muslims to be the direct and unaltered word of Allah  the Hadith ( the traditions customs actions and words of the Prophet Mohamed ) comes  as Second
"Qiyas "or Analogical deduction is Third "Ijma" or Consensus between Muslims comes Fourth to complete the sources of Islamic Law
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Zubeyr: My Big Sheikh. Salaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah.

May Allah Who can give true knowledge, and obviously He has impacted some in you, gives you more and more. Each of them benefitting you, your family, the Ummah and mankind. Amin.

People never even pay attention to this noblest of prophet (AS).

First no one ever interpreted any foreign tongue to him. Allah allows him to be able to speak to his foreign guests in their language.

No one ever said that when he stands up in the mist of giants, like Umar bin Khattab (RA) for followed him, that they tower or taller than him. Allah elongated him so that no one will ever look down at him me he stands erect. I use present tense because in our heart he is always alive (proof that he remains with us, even now. Validating for himself of what is roughly from the lips of isa bin Maryam; he will remain with you forever).
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2010
Wa Aleykum Assalam Brother Thank you for the kind words and may Allah answers our Prayers
Indeed the Prophet had a noble Mission to take humanity from the dark to the Light he confirmed that God has spoken to the Jews through Moses
and the Christians through Jesus and the Apostles but Judaism has corrupted the scriptures and Christians worshiped Jesus as son of God despite been told to worship none other than God it was the Prophet's task to restore the right path
Islam is about the absolute acceptance of God 's will and God alone
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2010
Insist ur prophet isnt sent to all mankind. He wrote the koran& as such could have wrote the portion u quoted from the koran
if the koran is superior to the hadith, why is the no miracle of mohammad recorded in the koran?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 12:02am On Oct 03, 2010
The prophet Mohamed couldn't have possibly written the Koran First he was illiterate how come an illiterate person can come up with such rich
poetic intellectual and inspiring text that it rocked the entire Arabia? Prophet Mohamed (SAW) never went to school how can he has the knowledge of all the science astronomy oceanography etc that is contained in the Koran ? for example the mention of the ocean currents stars earth moon sun and their fixed paths in Surat Rahman and many others scientific statements found in the Koran
when Koran came it challenged the best literature the best poetry in Arabia when Arabic was at its peak in richness poetic value literature etc
On other hand the Prophet (SAW) has no reason to come up with something like Koran and cause the entire Arabia to become his enemy why would he do something like that? why would he writes something going against almost the norms of the society and lose his family relatives friends and others loved ones and not to mention all the wealth and business he lost ? here what our Muslim scholar Ahmed Deed at said was Koran written or inspired ? , "Behold the Angels said O Mary God has chosen you and purified you chosen you above the women's of all nations "Koran 3:42
the source of his Message "chosen you above women of all nations"such an Honour is not to be found given to the virgin Mary even in the Christian Bible
you claim also that since the Koran is the primary source why there is no record in it for the miracles of the prophet Mohamed ?
here we are and to refute your claim there are some records for those miracles and beside the Koran itself the Ascension itself is a good miracle where the prophet moved with speed of the spirit and traveled through all time and space and all dimensions of existence in short period to say few hours the Koran on this miracle declares "Glorified be who carried his servant by night from the sacred Mosque to Masjid Alaqsa the Neighbourhood of which we have blessed that we might show him of our signs surely He is the All hearing the All seeing "Al isra 17-1
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by TheClown: 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2010
@Zubeyr

I appreciate your post and I appreciate the rationale behind. Finding common grounds is good, even when most of us try to overlook it.
I would like you sincere answers on these questions;

Which Hadiths are connonical in Islam and which ones are not.

would you as a muslim accept everything from the cannonical hadiths as useful for Islamic practice and for edification?

ansalamu aleikum waramatul'lahi wat'allah wa'barakatu.

shallom aleikam.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2010
This is basically nonsense.

zubeyr:

Muslims respect and revere Jesus and await his second coming

Where is the second coming of Christ predicted in the quran and why exactly is allah sending him and not mohammad?

zubeyr:

they consider him one of the God greatest Messenger to human kind the Koran confirms his virgin birth a chapter of Koran is entitled Mary and Mary is considered the purest women in all creations the Koran describes the annunciation as fellows "Behold the Angel said God has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above women of all nations O Mary God gives you a word from him whose name shall be the Messiah Jesus son of Mary honored in this world and the hereafter and one of those brought near God
He shall speaks to people from his cradle and in maturity and should be of the righteous
She said O my lord how shall I have a son when no man has touched me He said even so God creates what He will when he decrees a thing He say to it be and it is "Koran 3 :42-47 Jesus was born miraculously through the same power which had brought Adam without Father
during his prophetic mission Jesus performed many miracles the Koran tells us that He said " I have come to you with a sign from the Lord I make for you out of the clay as it were the figure of a bird and breathe to it and becomes bird by God's will and I heal the blind and the lepers and raise the dead by God 's will "Koran 3;49

and why exactly wasnt it allah's will that any other muslim perform miracles?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by omobadan(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2010
I see people are expecting someone to perform miracles before they can believe they are prophets! cheesy Someone was saying Mohammed wasn't sent to mankind that he was sent to muslims! But there weren't any muslims before he came! shocked
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2010
Yea there might not be muslims when he came. But after&before his death, his messages were embraced by pple now called muslims. Im not a muslim&his messages arent for me as part of 'all mankind'. Therefore, he wasnt sent to all mankind
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2010
Yea there might not be muslims when he came. But after&before his death, his messages were embraced by pple now called muslims. Im not a muslim&his messages arent for me as part of 'all mankind'. Therefore, he wasnt sent to all mankind
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2010
@The Clown Thank you and may God bless you
In Muslims Sunnis view there are six Majors Hadith collections which are considered canonicals they are in order of Authenticity :
1- Sahih Al Bukhari
2- Sahih Muslim
3-Sunan Al sughra
4-Sunan Abu Dawud
5-Jamil Al Tirmidhi
6-Sunan Ibn Majih
The First Two commonly referred to as the two Sahihs as indications of their authenticity
The two majors aspects of Hadiths are the text of the report (the matn) which contains the actual narrative and the chain of Narrators( Isnad)
which documents the route by which the repport has been transmitted
Those who are not canonicals lack the chain of Narrators the scale of the report transmission and the individuals narrators involved in its transmissions until the the originator they are called (daif) weak or( Mawdu )fabricated
To answer your second question I Absolutely Think the Authentic Hadith like the ones in Albukhari and Muslim are accepted as useful for Islamic practice and edification they are
essentials supplements to and clarifications of the Koran as well as in clarifying issues pertaining to Islamic Jurisprudence
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2010
@toba
you so pathetic and irrationnel I could use same logic when you claim in one of your previous message that Jesus was sent to mankind in john 3 So I m not christian and his message is not for me as part of" mankind" therefore he wasn't sent to all mankind by your own logic shocked
I bet Nairalanders will notice how intelligent you are?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by omobadan(m): 1:09am On Oct 04, 2010
toba:

That means Jesus' gospel is for people that eventually became Christians? That clears that then! grin
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 2:18am On Oct 05, 2010
@omobadan yep according to our genius toba I wonder where he is hiding with his lieutenant and their madam
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by sirmseen(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
So funny
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by sirmseen(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
So funny
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2010
Indeed
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
I'll a stone to kill two birds
zubeyr:

@toba
you so pathetic and irrationnel I could use same logic when you claim in one of your previous message that Jesus was sent to mankind in john 3 So I m not christian and his message is not for me as part of" mankind" therefore he wasn't sent to all mankind by your own logic shocked
I bet Nairalanders will notice how intelligent you are?
and
omobadan:

That means Jesus' gospel is for people that eventually became Christians? That clears that then! grin
From ur OP the answer is very clear about jesus being sent to the whole world. U guys are muslims and ur quran specifically mentions most things that were already known about Jesus based on the writings of the bible. As Muslims, u have to believe in Jesus' message, but as Christians we aren't to believe in MO cos he wasn't sent to me. Lets see what u have above

zubeyr:

Muslims respect and revere Jesus and await his second coming they consider him one of the God greatest

This is very correct but same cant be said on the opposite. Also Jesus is more than a prophet

zubeyr:

[b]Messenger to human kind the Koran confirms his virgin birth a chapter of Koran is entitled Mary and Mary is considered the purest women in all creations the Koran describes the annunciation as fellows "Behold the Angel said God has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above women of all nations O Mary God gives you a word from him whose name shall be the Messiah Jesus son of Mary [/b]honored in this world and the hereafter and one of those brought near God
Looking at the quoted post the quran specifically describes what was already written in the bible of Jesus being a messiah and he was sent to all according to the bolded part in ur post.

How ever the name mohammad was never directly mentioned in any part of the bible both the OT and NT never talked about that name. In the case of Jesus, both the bible and the quran specifically mentioned his name. Jesus or ISA as u may like to call him.

Taking a look at the miracles he did, raising dead back to life, which could only have been done by a God, Jesus did that. A miracle confirmation was given in ur post above. I dont think mohammad was able to do such.

Lets see more

Jesus' Ministry According to the Bible

His death is meant to accomplish the redemption of all mankind - Mt 20:28 = Mk 10:45; Jn 3:16; 4:42; 12:32; etc.
His gospel message was to be preached to all mankind - Mt 10:18; 24:14; 28:18-20; Mk 13:10; 14:9; 16:15; Lk 4:25-30; 24:47; Jn 17:20-21: Acts 1:8.
His kingdom includes people of all nations - Mt 8:11-12; 21:43; 25:31-32; Lk 13:28-30; Jn 10:16; 11:52.

The genealogy of Jesus includes two Gentile woman, Rahab and Ruth (Mt 1:5). Also the magi from the east played a major part at the birth of the new born king (Mt 2:1-12). Thus both his lineage and the signs accompanying his birth intimate that his future ministry would impact all nations.
According to Old Testament prophecy, the mission of the Christ was to be universal - Gn 12:3; Is 2:2; 9:1; 40:5; 42:1,4 = Mt 12:18,21; 49:6; 60:1-3; Mc 4:1-5; 5:4; Zc 9:9-10; etc.

Jesus' Ministry According to the Qur'an
Jesus is a sign to all peoples - 19:21 (al-nas, cf 7:158); 21:91 (al-Aalameen, cf 21:107). Cf 2:124; 43:46-47.
Jesus is held up as an example for the Arabs - 43:57.
The Bible is for all mankind - 3:3-4, 187; 6:89-91.
The Qur'an refers to Christians many times (e.g., 2:62,113; 5:85; 57:27). Probably few, if any, of these were from the tribes of Israel. Such being the case, are we then forced to conclude that the Qur'an is in error for calling non-Jews Christian? Or is it the traditional Islamic interpretation of the extent of Jesus' ministry that needs correcting?

Note that there were various prophecies about Jesus from the OT which all came to past

Muhammad's Ministry According to the Qur'an
Is limited to the Arabs
As an Arab he is sent to his people who had no prophet before he came - 2:151; 3:164; 6:92; 26:214; 28:46-47; 32:3.
The Qur'an is therefore in Arabic so the Arabs cannot claim that God did not send a revelation to them - 2:136; 6:155-157; 12:2; 13:37; 16:103; 20:113; 26:195,198; 41:44; 42:7; 43:3; 46:12.
The Qur'an says Muhammad is only a warner - 11:12; 13:7 22:49; 35:23; 38:65; 46:9.

well i rest my case
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 3:11am On Oct 07, 2010
@ toba   Voila encore un deja vu   once again you show how incoherent and dishonest you are the same toba of yesterday who contradicted himself is the same who spread lies without any proof to back up his claim today you claim  the Bible did not speak about Prophet Mohamed   (PUH)? and FYI it did
In the book of John chapter  14 16 17 the Prophet Mohamed was mentioned as the comforter and the spirit of the truth  same confirmed in the Koran 61 :6 you also claim  Jesus was  more than a Prophet ! give me a break so who  was  He ? "God" so why the Bible called Jesus son of MAN 83 times ?
here one example"You was trying to kill me as a MAN who told you the truth that he learned from God "John 8:40
Yes we Muslims believe that Jesus  Mohamed Moses Abraham  peace upon them all performed miracles to their nations to proof their Prophecy as Messengers and God's representatives on earth and none of them has claimed or attributed those miracles to himself you  also said that Jesus did raise the dead and yes indeed he did but let s go back to the verse to read it again '' And He raised the dead BY GOD 'S WILL '' koran 3:49 and that enough to proof that  Jesus  and God are not One and he raised the dead by God 's will and not by himself
Looking at  your quoted verse 2: 151 claiming that the Prophet Mohamed   ministry is limited to the Arabs who had  no Prophet before him  embarassed
Once again you proof how uninformed  you are  so let's see what the verse says "We have sent among YOU a Messenger of your own rehearsing to you our signs and sanctifying you and instructing you in scripture and wisdom and knowledge " Koran  2:151 so the verse  never mentioned the Arabic ethnicity of the Prophet neither His Tribe Qureish nor his Clan Beni Hashim or His Family Al Abdul Muttalib  so the "YOU" in the context of the verse and according to commentary and comprehensive index meant Human kind and not the Arabs
toba can you please stop running your mouth about something you don't know you make yourself look bad and you insult the intelligence of a lot people on this  Forum who told you the Arabs  have never had a prophet before Mohamed ? is he your lieutenant david ? or your Madame ?
so by now you can tell them that the Arabs had 4 Prophets before  Mohamed ? who  are  they you might ask ? have you heard about Ishmael ? did you know He was the grand Father of the Prophet Mohamed? and the ForeFather of the Arabs ? have you heard about others Arabs Prophets ?
Shu Ayb . Saleh and Hud
Sir toba next time get your fact straight we will keep you honest with facts whenever you try you notorious stupidity who told you the Prophet was only a Warner ? look at what this noble verse  says  ?" Mohamed is not Father of none of your man but He is the Apostle of God and the seal of  the Prophets  and God has full knowledge of all things "Koran 33:40
last and not least did you allude   because the Prophet was    Arab and the Koran was revealed in Arabic it should be limited only to the Arabs ?
  Therefore only Arabs can be Muslims? so I am sure we can apply same  to Jesus who was Jewish and the Bible was revealed in Hebrew so according  to your logic it should be only limited to Jews and only people from Jews origins can be Christians? not a Yoruba Ibo or Ijaw
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by hymen(f): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2010
zubeyr:

Muslims respect and revere Jesus and await his second coming they consider him one of the God greatest Messenger to human kind the Koran confirms his virgin birth a chapter of Koran is entitled Mary and Mary is considered the purest women in all creations the Koran describes the annunciation as fellows "Behold the Angel said God has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above women of all nations O Mary God gives you a word from him whose name shall be the Messiah Jesus son of Mary honored in this world and the hereafter and one of those brought near God
Why would an ordinary slave of Allah come back again ? undecided

Has this happened before ?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
Madame Jesus just as all Prophets is a chosen slave of Allah whom Allah assigned to summon people to the true Path however there are some attributes of Jesus distinguishing him from others Prophets the most important one being that he was raised up to Allah and that  he will come back again.  so  why Jesus the slave of Allah will come back again ?
For the reason that just soon  he left earth some of his late followers started to corrupt the revelation under the influence of some pagan ideas from the Greeks they developed the trinity under the name of the Christianity so Jesus coming back to earth is to summon his people back  to the right way he will break the cross and lead his people to the true believe  so   why the coming back of someone like Jesus never happened before ?
Because his coming back  is a sign of the " end time  " refers to the period of time close to the end of the world  and by Allah will he is the only  one chosen for this mission according to Islam and by his coming the world will experience unprecedented peace justice  welfare and unity between Muslims and Christians
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2010
zubeyr:

@ toba   Voila encore un deja vu   once again you show how incoherent and dishonest you are
c'est encore une autre poubelle

zubeyr:

the same toba of yesterday who contradicted himself is the same who spread lies without any proof to back up his claim today
For me not to call u a liar just like Mohammad your prophet u must show me where i have/had contradicted my self. u pathetic islamic liar

zubeyr:

you claim  the Bible did not speak about Prophet Mohamed   (PUH)? and FYI it did
Another lie as usual. at least we have Jesus/Isa mentioned in the unholy Quran. Pls show me in the bible where the word 'Mohammad' was mentioned in the bible from Genesis to Revelation.

zubeyr:

In the book of John chapter  14 16 17 the Prophet Mohamed was mentioned as the comforter and the spirit of the truth  same confirmed in the Koran 61 :6
U are a bloody liar. U mean Mohammad an ordinary human being and a promiscuous fellow has now turned into a spirit? too bad. Mohammad is not the person Jesus was talking about. It was the holy spirit and it did happened on the day of Pentecost. If u want me to educate u the more as regards the comforter, i would gladly do so.

zubeyr:

you also claim  Jesus was  more than a Prophet ! give me a break so who  was  He ? "God" so why the Bible called Jesus son of MAN 83 times ?
here one example"You was trying to kill me as a MAN who told you the truth that he learned from God "John 8:40
I think u know little about jesus save for that which your qoran tells u. Try this

PHILIPPIANS 2 vs
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in[b] the form of God[/b], thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7[b] But made himself of no reputation,[/b] and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself,

we learn from above the very God nature and humility of christ

zubeyr:

Yes we Muslims believe that Jesus  Mohamed Moses Abraham  peace upon them all performed miracles to their nations to proof their Prophecy as Messengers and God's representatives on earth and none of them has claimed or attributed those miracles to himself
learn something never put jesus, Abraham and moses in the same category for comparison. Its an error. As far as i'm concerned i dont count mohammad as anything. Hes too low for me to rank him beside true prophet. Among those u mentioned minus little mohammad of course, who can be compared with Jesus in terms of superiority based on all things done on earth and recommendation by God?

zubeyr:

you  also said that Jesus did raise the dead and yes indeed he did but let s go back to the verse to read it again
'' And He raised the dead BY GOD 'S WILL '' koran 3:49 and that enough to proof that  Jesus  and God are not One and he raised the dead by God 's will and not by himself
Jesus had to reference God cos of humility. Go check the above verse given to u. What ever God can do Jesus can do same.

Matthew 28 vs
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 # Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
                                                                         another one
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

take note of the bolded. 'u live in something and that thing lives in you' means what?

zubeyr:

Looking at  your quoted verse 2: 151 claiming that the Prophet Mohamed   ministry is limited to the Arabs who had  no Prophet before him  embarassed
Once again you proof how uninformed  you are  so let's see what the verse says "We have sent among YOU a Messenger of your own rehearsing to you our signs and sanctifying you and instructing you in scripture and wisdom and knowledge " Koran  2:151 so the verse  never mentioned the Arabic ethnicity of the Prophet neither His Tribe Qureish nor his Clan Beni Hashim or His Family Al Abdul Muttalib  so the "YOU" in the context of the verse and according to commentary and comprehensive index meant Human kind and not the Arabs
So where was he or who were the pple he was with and addressing? Nigerians? Afghanistans? 

zubeyr:

toba can you please stop running your mouth about something you don't know you make yourself look bad and you insult the intelligence of a lot people on this  Forum who told you the Arabs  have never had a prophet before Mohamed ? is he your lieutenant david ? or your Madame ?
So who was the Arab's prophet? tell me

zubeyr:

so by now you can tell them that the Arabs had 4 Prophets before  Mohamed ? who  are  they you might ask ? have you heard about Ishmael ? did you know He was the grand Father of the Prophet Mohamed? and the ForeFather of the Arabs ?
So he too was a prophet? where did he prophesy and to who did he do so ?

zubeyr:

have you heard about others Arabs Prophets ?
Shu Ayb . Saleh and Hud
Really? tell me about them

zubeyr:

Sir toba next time get your fact straight we will keep you honest with facts whenever y[b]ou try you notorious stupidity [/b]who told you the Prophet was only a Warner ? look at what this noble verse  says  ?" Mohamed is not Father of none of your man but He is the Apostle of God and the seal of  the Prophets  and God has full knowledge of all things "Koran 33:40
I am very good at insult too. Pls mind your language or else.

zubeyr:

last and not least did you allude   because the Prophet was    Arab and the Koran was revealed in Arabic it should be limited only to the Arabs ?
Is there any sense in this trash u posted here? Where have i said anything about language u liar?was a warner according to himself

Say: For myself I have no power to benefit, nor power to hurt, save that which Allah willeth. Had I knowledge of the Unseen, I should have abundance of wealth, and adversity would not touch me. I am but (illa) a warner, and a bearer of good tidings unto folk who believe. S. 7:188 Pickthall

So perchance you (Muhammad SAW) may give up a part of what is revealed unto you, and that your bosom feels straitened for it because they say, "Why has not a treasure been sent down unto him, or an angel has come with him?" But you are ONLY a warner (innama anta natheerun). And Allah is a Wakil (Disposer of affairs, Trustee, Guardian, etc.) over all things. S. 11:12 Hilali-Khan

Those who disbelieve say: If only some portent were sent down upon him from his Lord! Thou art a warner ONLY (innama anta munthirun), and for every folk a guide. S. 13:7 Pickthall

And they say: "Why are not signs sent down to him from his Lord? Say: "The signs are only with Allah (qul innama al-ayatu AAinda Allahi), and I am ONLY a plain warner (wa-innama ana natheerun mubeenun)." S. 29:50 Hilali-Khan

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O mankind! I am (sent) to you ONLY as a plain warner (innama ana lakum natheerun mubeenun)." S. 22:49 Hilali-Khan

Say (unto them, O Muhammad): I am ONLY a warner (Qul innama ana munthirun), and there is no God save Allah, the One, the Absolute, S. 38:65 Pickthall

Say: "As to the knowledge of the time, it is with God alone (Qul innama alAAilmu AAinda Allahi): I am (sent) ONLY to warn plainly in public (wa-innama ana natheerun mubeenun)." S. 67:26 Y. Ali; cf. 17:105; 25:56; 27:92; 34:28; 79:45

Mohammad

zubeyr:

Therefore only Arabs can be Muslims? so I am sure we can apply same  to Jesus who was Jewish and the Bible was revealed in Hebrew so according  to your logic it should be only limited to Jews and only people from Jews origins can be Christians? not a Yoruba Ibo or Ijaw
This is also senseless. I have proven to u that jesus the very form and nature of God was sent to the entire universe. your analogy makes no sense woman

If u know u are bold enough to defend mohammad and islam, meet me on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399131.0.html or https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399131.32.html
Note read from page 1 to see how fr we ve gone. Meanwhile, im still available here for u
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by omobadan(m): 12:13am On Oct 09, 2010
These religious people sef! Toba, I'm not a muslim o! I just think we're all full of it when it comes to our religious group! It's always: " Our Jesus turned Coke into Fanta!", "Prophet Mohammed said Let there be Peace in the Middle East!" You see why religion can make people do and talk nonsense sometimes? Not that other things in life don't but really I thought your religion makes you see clearly? I guess not. Isn't it time organised religion is banned sef? Maybe people will sit up! angry
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 3:46am On Oct 09, 2010
Am sure Shekh Zubeyr is going to make a mess of your post, Toba. But these below is horrific, to say the least.

@Toba:
[Quote]PHILIPPIANS 2 vs
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself,

we learn from above the very God nature and humility of christ[/Quote]What role did Jesus play in the above? These are verses after he was already lifted by his God. Jesus said he was a servant while on earth. And when your Bible said he was releasing the ghost at his hanging where he was killed, he shouted "ELoi. . . ." Where is he a God in any of these? When Satan was toying with him in the many temptations, satan said he controls the world. Jesus didnt antagonize him for saying that. Jesus referred to himself, always in front of Satan as man, son of man, a worshiper of God. Why not say "am God, who is now in form of man, etc"? I guess he humbled himself in front of Satan. That in my book is humitiation. May Allah not allow Satan to humiliate us. Amin.

[Quote]Matthew 28 vs
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth[/Quote]But he didnt say any of these in front of Satan. Why, especially when satan said he was given power over the world? Did satan know the secret of Jesus, hence jesus didnt challenge satan, while he comes to the disciples and said that has power? You ask yourself these questions.

[Quote]19 # Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.[/Quote]He started with "am but sent to the house of Israel". He said he was a servant sent by God to his people, the Jews. He preached this, and acted it out. He further said the disciples are immature, possessing little faith, the reason the another comforter must come at some point after he is lifted up. Now which of the two sets of ideas is correct? Why? The other must be definitely wrong.

[Quote]
another one
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.[/Quote]Every messenger and or prophet is in the same condition. Each had God in him. What you have done is make jesus son of God, whereas you refuse to call his mother wife of God.

[Quote]11 Believe me that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.[/Quote]the second option is lowering his grade. it seems as if he knew that the ies cant continue since his mother is not the wife of God, hence a doer of good suffices. this is so conning.

[Quote]12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.[/Quote]promise unfulfilled. has anyone among the christians done greater or equal work? give name, place, time and event. you have to proof. if not, this is a test of false prophethood. or bad writers, lying.

[Quote]13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].[/Quote]today, from the christians, we have close to a billion people not ok with their conditions. they must have prayed to the father, or Jesus or both.What happened; why are they still poor for example? Another unfulfilled prophesy. I think this is a prophet or the writers who are talking from God.

[Quote]take note of the bolded. 'u live in something and that thing lives in you' means what?[/Quote]With all of this, what he said many will never happen; all the prayers or asking of christinas being granted. Him returning and the a disciple is still alive. How about another comforter to correct lies because no one corrects 100% truth. Tell me how the holy ghost on penticost corrected anything and what was it that he correct the disciples on? I can tell you what Muhammad (AS) corrected mankind on. All mankind.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by NegroNtns(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2010
Zubeyr,

Stop arguing on miracles. Even in times of Jesus when he gave them miracles after miracles, unbelievers still doubted his teachings and persecuted him. Mankind wants to worship miracle, not GOD. Smart entrepreneurs have discovered this and are profiting from it by using miracle results for salvation and healing to sell their falsehood.

Move on with your messages and ignore those asking you for miracles in the Quran. If they rejected it from Bible what makes you think they will accept it in Quran?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
^^at least we still have numerous miraculous accounts in the bible. How many sick were healed by Mohammad according to the quran?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Launches Yookos 2.1 / On The Permanence Or Impermanence Of The New Birth (culled From A Conversation) / What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.