Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25629 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

My GOD bless MEND, they are real patriotic Nigerians who can see through the farce of a president known as Jonathan. I hope they cause more havoc in Abuja, it is time for us to show support to those who are for good governance. There is nothing to celebrate in Nigeria and i am glad MEND has disgraced that baboon GEJ.

They should try to be more accurate with their targets and avoid hitting innocent civilians. They should target senators, ministers and even the president’s convoy. I will suggest the use of long range snipers,that way they can cause smooth baggage free damage. Maybe then these bastards in power will have the fear of GOD.

You are the son of a mongrel.
The innocent people that died are all Jonathan's relatives abi? And you dare talke about the 'fear of God'. Oloriburuku cretin.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tlops(m): 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
BBC is report 7 police officers dead as result of the blasts,
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

My GOD bless MEND, they are real patriotic Nigerians who can see through the farce of a president known as Jonathan. I hope they cause more havoc in Abuja, it is time for us to show support to those who are for good governance. There is nothing to celebrate in Nigeria and i am glad MEND has disgraced that baboon GEJ.

They should try to be more accurate with their targets and avoid hitting innocent civilians. They should target senators, ministers and even the president’s convoy. I will suggest the use of long range snipers,that way they can cause smooth baggage free damage. Maybe then these bastards in power will have the fear of GOD.

Whatever legitimate grievance MEND may have with the government is being overtaken by these acts of terrorism against fellow citizens.

There's no section of the country that is having it rosy under the present arrangement and killing innocent people will not bring about the desired change.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
Soon we will be like Iraq! This is unbelievable.

MEND really knows how to grab the headlines.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by kulutempa: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
In as much as I am against the loss of innocent lives I agree in principle with MEND's campaign against a government which has shown utter disregard and indifference to the welfare of its people.  In my view the only way that our leaders can begin to do the right thing for the country is if their interests and welfare are directly threatened.  The only language they understand is that of force and that is why they eventually decided to negotiate with the Niger delta militants.  Nothing will change in Nigeria as long as the citizens remain docile and passive and turn a blind eye to the stomach churning corruption by the leaders of the country.   It is time for Nigerians to free themselves from  50 years of  bondage and oppression.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by toluxa1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

Yes people like me exist and we are called patriots ,dumba.z.z!

Seems you wanted to say parrot there, cos all you're saying now is gibberish.

wesley80:

I see your kind every day walking the streets sometimes completely unclothed from one dumpsite to another scavenging for God knows what. The only difference B/W you and them is that U're on the net displaying the easily recognisable "antics of a 1unatic" while they walk the streets displaying theirs. So until someone picks u and your kind and drops u in an Asylum where u belong I'm gonna do what we always have to do- Ignore u.

If I were playmode, I will go and hug a transformer after reading this. mumu
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by TewMuch: 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
This is why criminals should never be given amnesty and money as reward for fighting the government and killing people.If they can't get their message across peacefully then they have lost their voice.Nd in the capital for that matter.Didn't aboki's warn them?GEJ must find who is behind this and have them publicly ececuted for taking 8 lives.Except he wants people to think he is behind it all, to show his opponents what kind of power he may have in MEND.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by chyz(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
Maybe nigeria need military rule again.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Epiphany(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
This is serious business o. This will definately give these MEND guys more liver to carry out more dastardly activities. One day, dem go bomb Aso Rock. Jonathan and his people should realize that if something drastic is not done quickly, these kind of things can cause serious problems for the country and economy. In less stable countries, na so war dey take start.

The problem now is very soon other cabals may resort to bombs the same way different kidnapping factions started abducting people - leading to the confusion as to whether it was MEND that kidnapped or any other unknown faction.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by playmode(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
wesley80:

I see your kind every day walking the streets sometimes completely unclothed from one dumpsite to another scavenging for God knows what. The only difference B/W you and them is that U're on the net displaying the easily recognisable "antics of a 1unatic" while they walk the streets displaying theirs. So until someone picks u and your kind and drops u in an Asylum where u belong I'm gonna do what we always have to do- Ignore u.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5625396-146/interpol_search_militant_leaders_south_african.csp
Interpol search militant leader’s South African home

By Elor Nkereuwem

October 1, 2010 05:40AM

Following an alleged intelligence report that there are planned attacks in Abuja by the popular militant group, Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), during the 50th anniversary celebrations, the Nigerian government allegedly prompted the South African Police to invade the Johannesburg home of Henry Okah, the leader of MEND, in the early hours of yesterday.

Sources who spoke in confidence with NEXT revealed that over 30 South African police officers smashed down Mr Okah’s doors and gained entry into his home at about 3am South African time, with sophisticated weapons in full display as well as about six sniffing dogs, at the instance of the federal government of Nigeria.

“We have been told that the Nigerian government informed the South African police that it is imperative that Mr Okah’s home is searched yesterday because they would find arms and explosives. The federal government has been sending spurious petitions to the South African government about Mr Okah, alleging all kinds of things.

“They said he is exporting arms and explosives from South Africa into Nigeria. But when the South African police invaded his home, they found nothing. Even with their sniffing dogs, they did not find anything,” a source said to NEXT yesterday in Abuja.

Reports have it that the search at Mr Okah’s home, which lasted for about 10 hours, from 3am till about 1pm, yielded neither explosives nor arms.

Ima Niboro, the spokesman for the federal government neither responded to the phone calls nor the text messages sent to him to make enquiries about the role of the presidency in the role.

Federal government’s gripe

Although the Umaru Yar’Adua led government released Mr Okah from a 13-month long detention and granted him amnesty in 2009, unconfirmed reports state that Mr Okah’s name has been placed on the INTERPOL red alert in Nigeria, in connection with arms and drug trafficking.

Emmanuel Ojukwu, the spokesman of the Nigerian Police, has denied any knowledge of the raid. Mr Ojukwu, who told NEXT in Abuja that he is also the spokesman for the INTERPOL in Nigeria, said that he was unaware that Mr Okah’s name had been placed on red alert by the INTERPOL.

“I have no information. I am not aware of that. I speak for the Nigerian police and the INTERPOL and I am not aware of either the invasion or any red alert,” Mr Ojukwu said in a telephone interview.

Mr Okah, in response, said that he was unshaken but that he was upset that his children were frightened by the police officers who tore down their bedroom doors and barged into their rooms with rifles.

“I am not surprised by the federal government’s actions. What I am surprised at is that the South African government would allow themselves to be used by Nigerians. I am, however, not moved by whatever means the government is trying to use to intimidate me. I am constantly fighting against the oppression of my people in the Niger Delta,” Mr Okah said in a statement obtained by NEXT.

undecided Dude you have serious issues. You are obviously kuku. And what is that post meant to prove? Threaten me perhaps? The word M.U.M.U was created specially for you.You are obviously missing something upstairs,go suck up to your corrupt leaders ,you bloody kaffir.

Bastage:

No. People like you are called cowards.

Another paper tiger rambling.

comechop:

What a foolish statement. People like you are one of the continuing problems with Nigeria. !
You think the fear of GOD is obtained by killing of militants! What an ! May God bless mend for killing people? What an !

And yes, Nigeria is definitely becoming a terrorist state. Kidnapping, now car bombing? CAR BOMBING? What ever happened to my motherland?

God help us all.

You don't have to like my opinion, that is why it is called an opinion so piss off and mind yours. People like your GEJ are the ones continuing Nigeria's problems. They need a wake up call. People die in a revolution. You think Nigerians are going to stupid forever. Mend is one of many. There are several new groups being formed as i speak and you will see the terror they will unleash in the coming months. Stay tuned.

This has absolutely nothing to do with kidnappings; this is more a message to the thieves in aso rock. The bombers did not ask from any ransom. So I wonder why you will classify them in the same category. Nigeria is powder keg about to explode.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ndigbo: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
in my personal opinion, I would have refered the bomb went off at Eagle's Square. angry
because there is absolutely nothing worth celebrating at 50 angry angry angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spicyhoney(f): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
very true, i knew something bad was going to happen today with all those army choppers that have been hovering over our heads for the past two weeks, even though everybody said it was for the celebration i knew there was more to it. And as foolish as our phcn is, they decided not to give the residents of the very heart of abuja electricity today its 50th annivesary. Well when the comotion dies down, i will go and take some pictures
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
spicyhoney:

very true, i knew something bad was going to happen today with all those army choppers that have been hovering over our heads for the past two weeks, even though everybody said it was for the celebration i knew there was more to it. And as foolish as our phcn is, they decided not to give the residents of the very heart of abuja electricity today its 50th annivesary. Well when the comotion dies down, i will go and take some pictures

Stay save o.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by alldone(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2010
this is a bad news. they wont dear to bomb eagle square because most of their sponsors will be there.
i think that nis absolutely unneessary.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by comechop(m): 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

You don't have to like my opinion, that is why it is called an opinion so piss off and mind yours. People like your GEJ are the ones continuing Nigeria's problems. They need a wake up call. People die in a revolution. You think Nigerians are going to silly forever. Mend is one of many. There are several new groups being formed as i speak and you will see the terror they will unleash in the coming months. Stay tuned.

This has absolutely nothing to do with kidnappings; this is more a message to the thieves in aso rock. The bombers did not ask from any ransom. So I wonder why you will classify them in the same category. Nigeria is powder keg about to explode.

You Sir are the definition of an idiot. Ode. You dont know anything about the dynamics of kidnapping and car bombing and terrorism. I do pray people like you would never get in a position of authority. Its not about the ransom, idiot! You wonder why I classify them in the same category?

Yes you must have some cerebral infarct! Or maybe its a congenital cerebral defect? Cos you aint thinking at all.

Idiot.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tkb417(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
I think the mode shd start banning those applauding this evil

Can the Military take over for some day pls.

Whoever is responsible shd be HIT asap
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Bastage: 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ playmode.

As you such the big man, why don't you come back to Naija and take a walk around Eagle Square, whilst spouting the bullsh1t that you have here?
But you won't will you, small boi? You're the tough guy sitting in front of your PC monitor in South Africa but you'd cry like a girl when the chips are down.
What does a 12 year old kid like you know? Easy to talk a good fight but not brave enough to ever get involved in one.
"Revolution" LOL. What does an idiot like you know about revolution? Nothing. It's just a romatic word to a fool.
Hiding in the day, shouting from behind the locked door and only brave enough to come out in the dark. Nothing but yellow.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by playmode(m): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
Aigbofa:

Whatever legitimate grievance MEND may have with the government is being overtaken by these acts of terrorism against fellow citizens.

There's no section of the country that is having it rosy under the present arrangement and killing innocent people will not bring about the desired change.

You are absolutely right. I do not celebrate the death of innocent civilians. That is why I indicated that MEND should fine tune its’ missions and accurately eliminate the corrupt ones.

With what has happened, it shows that ABUJA is not as safe the crooks in power thought it was. I believe MEND’s has large membership , spreading across the country. I believe they will use this to their own advantage.

spikedcylinder:

You are the son of a mongrel.
The innocent people that died are all Jonathan's relatives abi? And you dare talke about the 'fear of God'. Oloriburuku cretin.

Baba e ni mongrel, ode oponu
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

You are absolutely right. I do not celebrate the death of innocent civilians. That is why I indicated that MEND should fine tune its’ missions and accurately eliminate the corrupt ones.

With what has happened, it shows that ABUJA is not as safe the crooks in power thought it was. I believe MEND’s has large membership , spreading across the country. I believe they will use this to their own advantage.

Baba e ni mongrel, ode oponu

Ekpe idile is worrying you that why you are talking through your bloody anus. Why not go and bomb your family members first? Or are you trying to say every one of them is honest and straight forward?
Alakori.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by playmode(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bastage:

@ playmode.

As you such the big man, why don't you come back to Naija and take a walk around Eagle Square, whilst spouting the bullsh1t that you have here?
But you won't will you, small boi? You're the tough guy sitting in front of your PC monitor in South Africa but you'd cry like a girl when the chips are down.
What does a 12 year old kid like you know? Easy to talk a good fight but not brave enough to ever get involved in one.
"Revolution" LOL. What does an like you know about revolution? Nothing. It's just a romatic word to a fool.
Hiding in the day, shouting from behind the locked door and only brave enough to come out in the dark. Nothing but yellow.

I believe you wanted to name yourself bastard but since your education is flawed ,I don’t expect you to spell your name correctly. Your post would have made more sense if I had at anytime claimed to be a militant or bomb maker. You seem to have issues with South Africa? Maybe you wish you were here.

Don’t make a fool of yourself. I already told i.d.i.o.t.s like you that you don’t have to like my opinion, just buzz off.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bawomolo(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
wahala dey o, they have reached abuja. now the nigerian elite can't hide anymore.

problem has reached their backyward.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Gbawe: 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bastage:

No. People like you are called cowards.

Take it easy and see what Playmode is saying. Our leaders have had millions of chances to manage our wealth judiciously so that Nigerians can be a dignified and purposeful people. At every stage, these leaders have let Nigerians down deliberately for their own parochial and selfish interests . Some of us don't seem to appreciate the abject poverty many Nigerians are forced to live with. The fact that we can all post here probably means that majority of us are not living below the poverty line. We should then try and understand the viewpoint of the disillusioned and disenfranchised Nigerians who wish malevolence on our callous, corrupt and misruling elite who have reduced many Nigerians to scavengers looking for crumbs of food and "life or death" medical fees equivalent to £10.00 !!! To many Nigerians "it has come to this" .

The ruling elite cannot say they have not had adequate time or resources to prevent all we are seeing now. They keep daring Nigerians with callous misrule, unacceptable profligacy and devilish corrupt practices. Look at how , for example, the Government is busy playing politics while Ogun State is in turmoil . If the people then begin formenting trouble can you blame them considering that inexcusable leadership inaction was the catalyst , in the first place, for any chaos witnessed?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by playmode(m): 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Ekpe idile is worrying you that why you are talking through your bloody anus. Why not go and bomb your family members first? Or are you trying to say every one of them is honest and straight forward?
Alakori.

I suppose you will know more about that since you are the resident Gay of Nairaland. Omo ale
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
these guys should make their point without spilling innocent blood na  angry angry angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bawomolo(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
tkb417:

I think the mode shd start banning those applauding this evil

Can the Military take over for some day pls.

Whoever is responsible shd be HIT asap

this is backwards thinking.

military rule is what laid the groundwork for the creation of MEND in the first place.
if the military administration had not neglected the niger delta, these monsters wouldn't exist.

nigeria is officialy a troubled government like mexico.  a country where the army has become the police.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tkb417(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Whoever is hapi they are bombing abuja shd wait till they bomb his/her fathers house

By then, he/she will be able to post sensibly. Hehehehe

Flush dem away from Nigeria. Even if its gonna take a year, engage them, fight dem, clean them off, do all u can to clean 9ja of bloodsuckers. We don't need kidnappers,killers.

These fools started d kidnappin biz, now they wanna start killin away from their creeks

We no go gree oh!!!
If they come to Lagos penren, all their siblings in Lagos go hear am
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ayusman16(m): 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
What has MEND achieved now?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

I suppose you will know more about that since you are the resident Gay of Nairaland. Omo ale

No, obviously you are and that closet cannot contain you anymore is why you have become so desperate for perverted attention.
Obuko, oloriburuku, eru shalanga.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tkb417(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
@Bawomolo
I am not sayin army shd rule, they shd take over the security bizniz of the country and flush out these evil people.

If the elections have to stop, so be it

We don't want no killers
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by shadrach77: 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
while i comiserate with the families of those who lost their lives, i feel this is welcome news - what is there to celebrate? no light, no jobs, no water, bad roads etc, yet some foolish politicians feel there is something to sit around and celebrate - it's a pity innocent people had to loose their lives in this
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Pk001(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ ayusman16
Tell them o!

What have they achieved?

Criminals on rampage! What point are they making?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Gayigaskia(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND is about to deny their own people the chance to lead the country. what do these people want? Their own is President and will be for at least the next 4 years, it may look like this is the best time for them to consolidate and make their demands come true. By doing this I hope A Hausa General will take Nigeria over tonight and deal appropriately with these criminals. I said a Hausa general because that would be their worst nightmare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

NNPC Apologises To Nigerians For Fuel Scarcity / Audu Ogbeh: Reduce Visa To Nigerian Youths By EU / Irate Youths Burn Police Station In Niger, Block Abuja-kaduna Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.