Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25638 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mobinga: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
Walks In, Grabs A Seat, Sips on A can of gulder. Let the Verbal Warfare begin  cool
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
People have pushed me into MEND's corner.

Odi (Entire town) destroyed. . . no wahala

A few bombings. . .  A lot of wahala

Buffoons on crack. . . You reap what you sow.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Stay out of this. I do not know how you got into this conversation and people have called you out for wanting to argue for the sake of arguing so just shut the hell up you hermaphrodite.

Again Grow up and stop throwing tantrums like an illiterate tout/Agbero. It gets really old!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ibime:

My main problem with this action is that it doesn't have groundswell base support in Niger Delta. I cannot think of the rationale behind this except its somehow linked to elections.

As for those asking "what do these people want", if the true MEND is behind this, then I refer them to Rotimi Williams statement that "The constitution lied against itself ab initio by the opening statement of We the People". Those who forgot what the Niger Delta kerfuffle is about should remember that AMNESTY was never an end goal but constitutional review, fiscal federalism and land rights.

As for this bombing, its ill-advised, a PR disaster and has no moral basis considering that most Niger Deltans are presently focussed on getting Jonathan over the finishing line and want no trouble at this stage. All this could be linked to elections as Otokx opined, otherwise the only other explanation is that Henry Okah is an obdurate single-minded modafucka. No further comment till more evidence comes to light.

dude , no vex - but who are the true MEND?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Again Grow up and stop throwing tantrums like an illiterate tout/Agbero. It gets really old!

Can you please shut up and refrain yourself from even saying anything to me. I don't know how the hell you got into this conversation, but you need to get out. Thank you very much.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jayprof: 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
Live on Nairaland! The exhibition of idiocracy, ignorance and extremely selfish thinking of my fellow Nigerians that play a huge part to the lack of growth in my country, Ride on, the world is laughing!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
It was a sad loss of life.
It seems doubtless that the attack was carried out by the real MEND, because they have replied to emailed questions.

MEND is claiming responsibility,” Jomo Gbomo, a spokesman for the group, said in an e-mailed response to questions today. The militants “regret any loss of life, which could have been prevented if the authorities had not ignored our warning and evacuated the area when they had ample time to do so,” he said.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-10-01/nigerian-rebels-claim-abuja-blast-that-killed-eight.html

And for those who argue ortherwise, MEND is NOT classified as a terrorist group anywhere in the West. For example, they are simply classified as a group of interest by the US state dept.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

And who sowed anything? Those innocent people that had nothing to do with Odi?

You seriously need to get out of that revenge shell you're in. It's disgusting.

How can you excuse the murders because of what happened in Odi? Eledumare o!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mobinga: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Timaya - Dem Mama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHMRCx6o2s

grin grin grin
Kobojunkie:

shocked shocked
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
jayprof:

sad Really sad!!! There's the good, the bad and yet to come, the very ugly outcome in the course my country is taking.

# Hmmm, a wise man once said:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants, "

If by the mere force of numbers a majority (Nigerian Government & Family) should deprive a minority (everyone else) of any clearly written constitutional right, it might, in a moral point of view, justify revolution - A revolution knocks Nigeria, will you answer without much more costly prices to pay?
---May the souls of the lost ones rest in eternal peace.
cryAMEN

stop quoting things you dont understand.

did you stop to ask yourself what patriots refers to here?

think before you type.

let you and MEND be ready to shed your blood for your cause then.

havent seen that in your cowardly hideouts so far.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bkbabe97y(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb:

eediot. they must have forgotten to give your medication today  smiley smiley smiley smiley

you have never tangled with me. what other delusions are running through that mpd box you call a brain?

i have noticed your infantile attempts to attempts at purvey yourself as some sort of ibo rennaisance  intellectual, but i have never paid attention to you in the past.

i understand that you are the failed abortion of a two bit LovePeddler who was gang despoiled by a bunch of syphilitic midgets, but i won't hold the fact that you were born mad against you

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF INSULTING ANY OF MY FAMILY AGAIN,  you misbegotten product of a failed withdrawal method

Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. lol.lol. hahahahahahaha. Even Buster Douglas knocking out Iron Mike aint got nothing on this bomb Oyb dropped on MaziUche's head. lol

Ezeuche, u my nigga, but goddamn u just got sonned!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
OYB and Ezeuche let it rest, pls.

MaziUche0:

Two wrongs do not make a right. Let us all condemn this MEND action same as we condemned Odi bombing.

I was a MEND supporter till today.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by yemitide(m): 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
I said the majority of organizations. . . NOT ALL. Can't people understand English. Of course the Basque separatist group is considered a terrorist organization by some, but actually I support their movement as well.

Hmm, I'd like to hear your reasons for supporting this terrorist organisation. Go ahead.

The Lords Resistance Army is considered a terrorist organization, and they are a rebel group that operate within the DRC, Sudan and Uganda. The supporter of APC are considered a terrorist organization. Even Boko Haram is considered a terrorist organization. MEND is not. Do you wonder why?

Which countries have listed Boko Haram as a terrorist organisation. With actions like this, MEND is positioning itself to become a terrorist organisation. If they get classified as a terrorist organisation, it'll definitely hurt them because few international organisation would want to talk with them and the Nigerian government would get international support to pursue them at all costs including violence.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
I don't know how old - intellectualy and otherwise - some people on this thread are. Who said nobody condemned the Odi massacre?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bkbabe97y(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

And for those who argue ortherwise, MEND is NOT classified as a terrorist group anywhere in the West. For example, they are simply classified as a group of interest by the US state dept.

Not true! I know it is classified as a terrorist group in 2 or 3 Western Countries (I'll have to check to be specific). I dont know if ure right about the U.S, but I bet u after today its classification will change!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Can you please shut up and refrain yourself from even saying anything to me. I don't know how the hell you got into this conversation, but you need to get out. Thank you very much.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
OAM4J:

OYB and Ezeuche let it rest, pls.

Two wrongs do not make a right. Let us all condemn this MEND action same as we condemned Odi bombing.

I was a MEND supporter till today.

You have a buffoon who wants the complete annihilation of the Niger Delta. That hits close to home. This bast-ard needs to be shot on sight.

I might not see eye to eye with Beaf on many occassion, but I am on Beaf's side on this issue. The loss of life is very sad indeed, MEND should have attacked another venue.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
My Intel mind is telling me that MEND is not behind this act

after jomo ponmo sent an email?

they are very much behind this act, and working for foreign interests.

i wont say more.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Just shut up and continue your copy and pasting.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
This is only the beginning. Nigeria better prepare for the worse.

2011 should be a crazy year.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber.

oyb: disgusting and ridiculous melodrama. i always knew beaf had some sort of romantic persecution complex. [size=21pt]i can see all those nders being rounded up in cattle cars and sent to the gas chamber [/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ibime(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Oyb,

I only say "if its the true MEND" cos I don't discount some political shenanigans by enemies of GEJ.

Trust if its the true MEND, I make no apologies. I have never distanced myself from armed struggle. My grouse is not that innocent lives were lost because there will always be casualties. My only grouse is that this action has no support in the Niger Delta.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kilode1: 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
My Intel mind is telling me that MEND is not behind this act

That was my first thought. But it's been hours and they've not denied anything. so they probably did it.

I'm more saddened by the thought of John Campbell[ George Bush's Nigeria Troll] smiling and gloating wishing this will turn into a war so his resume can be boosted a lil bit more.

I hope we don't fall into the trap.

I also see Big Oil rejoicing over all these, after all war or no war, the drilling will continue as long as they settle the right folks.  Hopefully this won't lead to more suffering for innocent Nigerians. I still maintain this is a Senseless Act.

There is nothing revolutionary about a bunch of thugs without a straightforward ideology unleashing mayhem on innocent people.

This whole thing smells of a deeper conspiracy, I hope I'm very wrong and my "Mary-Jane" is just good like that. . .

Oyb; abeg e don do   Maziuche; biko. We have more important issues to argue about.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Just shut up and continue your copy and pasting.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

It was a sad loss of life.
It seems attack doubtless that the attack was carried out by the real MEND, because they have replied to emailed questions.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-10-01/nigerian-rebels-claim-abuja-blast-that-killed-eight.html

Mr MEND spokesman, what was the rationale behind this action?

do you really think the rest of the world will continue to look at MEND as a 'group of interest' if they keep this up?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DanWaziri(m): 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

And who sowed anything? Those innocent people that had nothing to do with Odi?

You seriously need to get out of that revenge shell you're in. It's disgusting.

How can you excuse the murder of people because of what happened in Odi? Eledumare o!

He can excuse today's event because [b]we all [/b]excused Odi, Maidugri, Jos, and need I go on? If we all accept the Nigerian Army becoming Judge, Jury, and Executioner in the name of "security" then we should not feign disgust when MEND utilizes those same tactics to bring attention to their cause.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by soldee: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
And to think South African police just raided Henry Okah's home in SA at 3.00am last night after a tip-off from FG; the raid met him in his mansion with his wife and kids. By the way whats he doing maxing and relaxing in SA? Isn't there supposed to be a 'struggle' on ground?

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/south-african-police-raid-home-exiled-mend-leader-henry-okah
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb:

Mr MEND spokesman, what was the rationale behind this action?

do you really think the rest of the world will continue to look at MEND as a 'group of interest' if they keep this up?

Shut your fcking trap. Let respectable people speak, those who are not your type of loud bastar'd and who truly care for the souls lost today.

oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber. Fcking !diot.

oyb: disgusting and ridiculous melodrama. i always knew beaf had some sort of romantic persecution complex. [size=21pt]i can see all those nders being rounded up in cattle cars and sent to the gas chamber [/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
Kilode?!:

Oyb; abeg e don do   Maziuche; biko. We have more important issues to argue about.

Yes, the issue is why should be celebrating Nigeria. Is the country worth celebrating? This act was a travesty indeed, but the Nigerian military and police commits such atrocities every day.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
soldee:

And to think South African police just raided Henry Okah's home in SA at 3.00am last night after a tip-off from FG; the raid met him in his mansion with his wife and kids. By the way whats he doing maxing and relaxing in SA? Isn't there supposed to be a 'struggle' on ground?

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/south-african-police-raid-home-exiled-mend-leader-henry-okah

that has always been the way of terrorist leaders - someone else will do their dirty work
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by donclemo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND are not fighting for the Niger Delta they are fighting for themselves. If they are truely fighting for Niger Delta have they ever used the money payed to them from ransom to do something in their community . all the money they have gotten from illegal bunkering and ransom are for their pockets

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Train Loan : ''withdraw Your Statement'' - Senate Lampoons Amaechi / South Africans Celebrate Jacob Zuma Over His Statue In Owerri, Nigeria / Sule Lamido: Wike Made It Clear He Never Wanted To Become VP To Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.