Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25651 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Seekers(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
Guys,u dnt need to fight over dis bombing, if u ask about my opinion,its good but at d same time,its not good but killin cant solve our problem,cos innocent ppl will suffer most of it, den wat can help in dis country?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
DanWaziri:

He can excuse today's event because [b]we all [/b]excused Odi, Maidugri, Jos, and need I go on? If we all accept the Nigerian Army becoming Judge, Jury, and Executioner in the name of "security" then we should not feign disgust when MEND utilizes those same tactics to bring attention to their cause.

Gbam!

Thousands of people have been massacred in the Niger Delta. Yet people do not say anything. Nigeria and its warped mindset.

-Timaya - Dem Mama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHMRCx6o2s
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
People have pushed me into MEND's corner.

that's your own funeral.

who cares.

Odi (Entire town) destroyed. . . no wahala

A few bombings. . .  A lot of wahala

Buffoons on crack. . . You reap what you sow

do you see the contradictions in what you're typing or not?

did fear of vengeance prevent europeans from colonizing africa even though they lost a few men here and there?

think before you type.

if indeed you believe you reap what you sow, then you wouldnt go around bombing people.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jayprof: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

stop quoting things you dont understand.

did you stop to ask yourself what patriots refers to here?

think before you type.

let you and MEND be ready to shed your blood for your cause then.

havent seen that in your cowardly hideouts so far.

-I am not in support of MEND or their acts, neither am i in support of the unjust oppression in Nigeria, I sit right here on the sideline and all i see is a big revolution coming on. Sooner or later, the people will cry "enough!", take to the streets with arms in hand and demand what's theirs be given to them. Its the general course of nature, we as humans get fed up of constant abuse (several countries in the middle east are proof to that fact at present).

- As for the quote, here's the full thing:

"Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Be the judge!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ride on Beaf, ride on.

Now I understand why you fight so passionately about the Niger Delta. Because people turn a blind eye with the atrocities occurring in our region.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by asha2: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
I have a funny feeling that MEND is not behind this but hey they have not come to deny it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ayinba1(f): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
So if the WEST does not classify MEND as a terrorist organisation, it means they are not terrorists!! Hmmnnn!! Slavery mentality is inbred in some people.

Please wake up people, some started by saying MEND is not really responsible; (thanks Beaf for the confirmation email).
People's lives are lost, gone never to return. It doesn't matter who is responsible but when you take the lives of inoocent people because of your displeasure at government or authority, you have committed an act of TERROR.

Stop yearning/praying for intertribal wars by blaming the Hausas for this.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2010
slap1:

My entire being is against MEND for this. But, to borrow a text from the Holy bible, SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND? We keep blaming MEND as if our lives as a nation are in their hands. Even if they admit the anti-GEJ whatever is  using them, how will solve the problem? Will it prevent a repetition of this present madness? NO! NO! NO!

I get ur point so so well, y not throw d question "wats d way forward" to d whole house. 4 me I believe we need 2 change our mindset on alot of things hence we'll be revolving about 1 point with no meaningful improvement.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Ride on Beaf, ride on.

Now I understand why you fight so passionately about the Niger Delta. Because people turn a blind eye with the atrocities occurring in our region.

Thanks. Thats the way it is. Sad ain't it?

@topic
oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber. The tribalistic fcker isn't qualified to talk about this issue.

oyb: disgusting and ridiculous melodrama. i always knew beaf had some sort of romantic persecution complex. [size=21pt]i can see all those nders being rounded up in cattle cars and sent to the gas chamber [/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
jayprof:

-I am not in support of MEND or their acts, neither am i in support of the unjust oppression in Nigeria, I sit right here on the sideline and all i see is a big revolution coming on. Sooner or later, the people will cry "enough!", take to the streets with arms in hand and demand what's theirs be given to them. Its the general course of nature, we as humans get fed up of constant abuse (several countries in the middle east are proof to that fact at present).

- As for the quote, here's the full thing:

"Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Be the judge!

the fact of the matter remains some nigerians will always be miserable no matter what.

end of. It's a state of mind and even if your village becomes paradise you will still find a way to make it hell.

china and india are still waiting for their own internal revolution till date. They turned their situation around through intelligence, not by bombing themselves s.tupidly.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Cowards cant put bomb where it matters.

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

do you see the contradictions in what you're typing or not?

did fear of vengeance prevent europeans from colonizing africa even though they lost a few men here and there?

think before you type.

if indeed you believe you reap what you sow, then you wouldnt go around bombing people.

What does the Europeans have anything to do wit it? We know our enemies and it is fellow Africans. People need to stop blaming the white man and start seeing who are the enemies closer to home.

No contradiction.  . . Odi destroyed, you did not see huge outrage. People mother and daughters were r-aped by Nigerian soldiers and people say nothing.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

Shut your fcking trap. Let respectable people speak, those who are not your type of loud bastar'd and who truly care for the souls lost today.

oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber. Fcking !diot.

its ok if you can't answer the question  embarassed embarassed embarassed

give us an up mend na

when we were shouting about the lost souls in the delta debacle you were running you mouth

the sad thing is that practically everyone who supports these actions is safely out of the line of fire

for them, all they have to do is change the channel, and its gone, just another news item on CNN.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
But something is eating at me. MEND does not normally attack civilian populations. They attack particular infrastructure and buildings.

MEND may be used as the scapegoat.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

It was a sad loss of life.
It seems doubtless that the attack was carried out by the real MEND, because they have replied to emailed questions.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-10-01/nigerian-rebels-claim-abuja-blast-that-killed-eight.html

And for those who argue ortherwise, MEND is NOT classified as a terrorist group anywhere in the West. For example, they are simply classified as a group of interest by the US state dept.

Beaf, MEND got it totally wrong this time around. They were really ill advised.

With today's bombing they have lost many supporters and much respect

Let them blow up some oil pipelines and installations, I will understand not planting bombs that killed innocent people.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

What does the Europeans have anything to do wit it? We know our enemies and it is fellow Africans. People need to stop blaming the white man and start seeing who are the enemies closer to home.

No contradiction.  . . Odi destroyed, you did not see huge outrage. People mother and daughters were r-aped by Nigerian soldiers and people say nothing.

why was odi dealt with?

can you answer that before crying louder than the bereaved.

wicked nigerians just suddenly woke up one morning and decided to attack defenceless villagers, abi.

una lucky una no still dey under british or other colonials.

you'd have known the meaning of wiped out.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by fxmaxony(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
How many service chiefs will go now.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
ayinba1:

So if the WEST does not classify MEND as a terrorist organisation, it means they are not terrorists!! Hmmnnn!! Slavery mentality is inbred in some people.

Please wake up people, some started by saying MEND is not really responsible; (thanks Beaf for the confirmation email).
People's lives are lost, gone never to return. It doesn't matter who is responsible but when you take the lives of inoocent people because of your displeasure at government or authority, you have committed an act of TERROR.

Stop yearning/praying for intertribal wars by blaming the Hausas for this.

Yes, if the West says they aren't terrorists it means they are not terrorists. What do you call your police that take more innocent lives by "accidental discharge?" If you haven't yet started calling them terrorists, then you are a hypocrite.
MEND is a group of freedom fighters, take it or leave it. Their methods might not be right all the time, but freedom fighters is what they are.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bkbabe97y(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Ride on Beaf, ride on.

Why are you angry now EzeUche? Do u want me to go back to ur old postings and show the world where You advocated worse against the Ijaws/Niger Deltans? Try not being a freaking hypocrite for once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq8CDrohrt0 (situation in Nigeria)

Enjoy!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2010
DanWaziri:

He can excuse today's event because [b]we all [/b]excused Odi, Maidugri, Jos, and need I go on? If we all accept the Nigerian Army becoming Judge, Jury, and Executioner in the name of "security" then we should not feign disgust when MEND utilizes those same tactics to bring attention to their cause.

No one excused anything- It can continue afterall Nigeria can ALWAYS break up - doesnt matter to me.

MaziUche0:

People have pushed me into MEND's corner.

Odi (Entire town) destroyed. . . no wahala

A few bombings. . .  A lot of wahala

Buffoons on crack. . . You reap what you sow.

It isnt a big deal the Military will just become hard nosed again- not give a fuk about anything like the Old days. Thousand of ND will just be caught in the cross fire between militants the Army. so its no big deal

MILITANTS ARE BRINGING THE NIGERIAN ARMY INTO THE NIGER DELTA- by such acts.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kilode1: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ibime on Today at 04:49:03 PM:

My main problem with this action is that it doesn't have groundswell base support in Niger Delta. I cannot think of the rationale behind this except its somehow linked to elections.

As for those asking "what do these people want", if the true MEND is behind this, then I refer them to Rotimi Williams statement that "The constitution lied against itself ab initio by the opening statement of We the People". Those who forgot what the Niger Delta kerfuffle is about should remember that AMNESTY was never an end goal but constitutional review, fiscal federalism and land rights.

As for this bombing, its ill-advised, a PR disaster and has no moral basis considering that most Niger Deltans are presently focussed on getting Jonathan over the finishing line and want no trouble at this stage. All this could be linked to elections as Otokx opined, otherwise the only other explanation is that Henry Okah is an obdurate single-minded modafucka. No further comment till more evidence comes to light.

It makes no sense to me too. I'm tending towards your side of the analysis until it becomes clearer. I Don't want to indulge in unfounded conspiracy theories, but I sense there are some bigger elements outside MEND involved in this.  I hope Okah will talk pretty soon.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2010
OAM4J:

Beaf, MEND got it totally wrong this time around. They were really ill advised.

With today's bombing they have lost many supporters and much respect

Let them blow up some oil pipelines and installations, I will understand not planting bombs that killed innocent people.

They had the wrong venue. If only it was closer to Nigerian politicians. Would you be complaining?

Oil pipelines and installations only become a nuisance. It doesn't do anything in the long run.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
freedom fighters ko, fradom fighters ni.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighters.

Is that not the saying?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Cowards cant put bomb where it matters.

Exactly wat we r saying, Revolution is far far different from aimless killings
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber.

oyb: disgusting and ridiculous melodrama. i always knew beaf had some sort of romantic persecution complex. [size=21pt]i can see all those nders being rounded up in cattle cars and sent to the gas chamber [/size]

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2010
sbeezy8:

It isnt a big deal the Military will just become hard nosed again- not give a fuk about anything like the Old days. Thousand of ND will just be caught in the cross fire between militants the Army. so its no big deal

MILITANTS ARE BRINGING THE NIGERIAN ARMY INTO THE NIGER DELTA- by such acts.

Nigerian military is not going against another army like they did against Biafra. It is hard to fight organization such as these since they can blend in with the population and have no fixed location. This is any military's nightmare.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
suicide bombing would have been more effective
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Nigerian military is not going against another army like they did against Biafra. It is hard to fight organization such as these since they can blend in with the population and have no fixed location. This is any military's nightmare.

it's people like you who stay safely hidden while others listen to your bad advice and blindly leap to their deaths.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
Disgusting that anyone would support this.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

Exactly wat we r saying,  Revolution is far far different from aimless killings

You know nothing about revolutions

Cuban Revolution - Innocent people died
Russian Revolution - Innocent people died
French Revolution - Innocent people died
American Revolution - Innocent people died

Are you starting to see a pattern. There are always casualties of war. Not saying that it is right, but it happens.

The American patriots who fought in the Revolution were considered terrorist by Great Britain.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2010
When America prophesied that Naija will break up, some people who knew them well took them serious. the yankees can go to any length to make their prophesy come through. America is my #1 suspect on these bombings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Pictures : President Jonathan And Malala Yousafzai / Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days / I Am Now Fully Obidient - See The Reasons - Odewale Adesoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.