Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25654 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
1) the only people who really support mend are people from the ND. fr the rest of nigeria, they are the fellows who turned nigeria to the black mexico/colombia - a country where kidnapping s an industry

mend has been a loose coalition of 'freedom fighters' oil bunkerers who pollute the environment, former pdp enforcers turned freelance, outright criminals

in the course of the so called amnesty former miltanat have regularly cause upsets because they are not eceiving theri allowances(money for doing nothing' on time.

a few months ago, they ran wild in uniport, raping and robbing.

it is difficult for those outside the nd to understand exactly what mend are supposed to stand for

they talk about justice etal, but the most corrupt leaders are right in their backyard, ibori, alams , odili

they talk about oil companies destroying the environment, then they go and blow up pipelines or engage in bunkering
it has been pointed out before - organisations like hamas and hezbollah, reviled in the wstern meddia, are still hailed as heroes by their people becasuse they engage in social services etal

what has mend ever done for the immediate community?

look at their former commanders, filthy rich and giving nothing back.

when i criticised their act of terrorism earlier this year, i was shouted down and cussed out

this time the have overreached themselves - lets see what the westerm media will have to say

mend has already gone the way of FARC (of columbia) , a onetime revolutionary force that devolved into cocaine warlords

God Help Nigeria

We need an OBJ type leader now
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by JUO(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
OH INNOCENT SOULS. REST IN PEACE.

THOSE OF U IN ABUJA REPENT NOW MILITANTS ARE CLOSE TO U, MORE BOMBS MAY GO OFF. HEAVEN IS THE ONLY RESTING PLACE
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

Wow ,you mean you did not know what the word cretin meant until you checked the dictionary today  undecided And to think i want engaging an olodo like you.Chai i don suffer o!

I guess you know a lot about using bombs to target a person enlighten us on what techiniques you would use Mr spiked anus!

Huh? Still satisfying the status quo, eh? Cretin.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
1) the only people who really support mend are people from the ND. fr the rest of nigeria, they are the fellows who turned nigeria to the black mexico/colombia - a country where kidnapping s an industry

mend has been a loose coalition of 'freedom fighters' oil bunkerers who pollute the environment, former pdp enforcers turned freelance, outright criminals

in the course of the so called amnesty former miltanat have regularly cause upsets because they are not eceiving theri allowances(money for doing nothing' on time.

a few months ago, they ran wild in uniport, raping and robbing.

it is difficult for those outside the nd to understand exactly what mend are supposed to stand for

they talk about justice etal, but the most corrupt leaders are right in their backyard, ibori, alams , odili

they talk about oil companies destroying the environment, then they go and blow up pipelines or engage in bunkering
it has been pointed out before - organisations like hamas and hezbollah, reviled in the wstern meddia, are still hailed as heroes by their people becasuse they engage in social services etal

what has mend ever done for the immediate community?

look at their former commanders, filthy rich and giving nothing back.

when i criticised their act of terrorism earlier this year, i was shouted down and cussed out

this time the have overreached themselves - lets see what the westerm media will have to say

mend has already gone the way of FARC (of columbia) , a onetime revolutionary force that devolved into cocaine warlords

God Help Nigeria

We need an OBJ type leader now
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND got it's payoff and then some. I mean we even have a minister of Niger Delta affairs, as well as programs with millions of dollars put aside just for Niger Delta related issues. The Niger Delta region also got for itself a president from the region and we still have these sort of attacks? Has it been confirmed that this is MEND activity?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mobinga: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Huh? Still satisfying the status quo, eh? Cretin.
E never do?  angry smh
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by lynxnoon(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
@playmode
pls am not attacking u or any1 in support of wat MEND is doing n has done today but can u HONESTLY answer this question:
"wud u still support their actions today if 1 of the victims was ur relation or someone very close to u?"
My point is. . . . no matter their objectives n course, they are going about it the wrong way.
call it wat u like this is purely an act of terrorism.
Good day.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mobinga:

E never do?  angry smh

Please face front, you hear?

@ topic,

See the kind of cars that were destroyed sef. Hala, Corolla of 1920 etc. Belonging to barely average earning Nigerians. And this MEND said they were targeting GEJ?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DanWaziri(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
The NPF spokesperson being interviewed by Femi Fani-Kayode says "the explosions did in no way disrupt the celebration of our golden jubilee." I just bow, I guess that informs our way forward in Nigeria. What's another 8 deaths as long we can sing Arise O'Compatriots, right?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mobinga: 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
lynxnoon:

@playmode
pls am not attacking u or any1 in support of wat MEND is doing n has done today but can u HONESTLY answer this question:
"wud u still support their actions today if 1 of the victims was your relation or someone very close to u?"
My point is. . . . no matter their objectives n course, they are going about it the wrong way.
Good day.
Spot on mate  cool.

Great Idea. Bad Execution. No casualties would have been ideal.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Gayigaskia(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND is about to deny their own people the chance to lead the country. what do these people want? Their own is President and will be for at least the next 4 years, it may look like this is the best time for them to consolidate and make their demands come true. By doing this I hope A Hausa General will take Nigeria over tonight and deal appropriately with these criminals. I said a Hausa general because that would be their worst nightmare.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by scopusng(m): 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mend has claimed responsibility for the bomb CNN, Fools.Will those killer ever get to 180 years? If no then why killing people when you cannot create a life.

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
ndigbo:

where is that guy with the flag going to?
To get the bombers. The guy dey vex, see im face.

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

You dey craze,na you go perish!

just wait and see.

you will follow them enter grave.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
DanWaziri:

The NPF spokesperson being interviewed by Femi Fani-Kayode says "t[b]he explosions did in no way disrupt the celebration of our golden jubilee." I just bow, I guess that informs our way forward in Nigeria. What's another 8 deaths as long we can sing Arise O'Compatriots, right?[/b]

That is eh. . . . .  cry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ThatBoy: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
[size=20pt]Good work MEND. As for the innocent people killed, sorry. I know quite well that MEND warned people to stay off and they dared MEND.[/size]
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
What exactly is the reason for this?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by playmode(m): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
lynxnoon:

@playmode
"wud u still support their actions today if 1 of the victims was your relation or someone very close to u?"
Good day.

If that were the case, obviously I will be angry and hate MEND till the end of time. However I reiterated several times and in my last post that I do not condone the loss of innocent lives. That being said I want a situation whereby corrupt politicians in government will resign out of the fear of being attacked. The methods which MEND or other similar organizations will undertake to achieve this needs to be carefully thought out to ensure that not a single civilian is killed or injured.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by toluxa1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
A few MEND members have been distancing themselves from today's events. This shows that this action was taken by a section of MEND members. Seems they are beginning to get scared.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

If that were the case, obviously I will be angry and hate MEND till the end of time. However I reiterated several and in my last post that I do condone the loss of innocent lives. That being said I want a situation whereby corrupt politicians in government will resign out of the fear of being attacked. The methods which MEND or other similar organizations will undertake to achieve this needs to be carefully thought out to ensure that not a single civilian is killed or injured.

Any confirmation that those attacked where politicians?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
It's not all about sacking sacking and replacing security chiefs, that's a mere embellishment. Bro Joe should know WHY the previous ones didn't perform, not HOW they didn't.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by toluxa1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2010
DanWaziri:

The NPF spokesperson being interviewed by Femi Fani-Kayode says "the explosions did in no way disrupt the celebration of our golden jubilee." I just bow, I guess that informs our way forward in Nigeria. What's another 8 deaths as long we can sing Arise O'Compatriots, right?

Yeah, I heard this too on the BBC.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by NET1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Security operatives carrying the body of a Senior Police Office in a body bag after the deadly blast this morning,

E no go easy o.

.NET

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
OMG. cry cry cry cry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by naso2(m): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
toluxa1:

A few MEND members have been distancing themselves from today's events. This shows that this action was taken by a section of MEND members. Seems they are beginning to get scared.

source please.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Bastage: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
playmode:

If that were the case, obviously I will be angry and hate MEND till the end of time. However I reiterated several and in my last post that I do condone the loss of innocent lives. That being said I want a situation whereby corrupt politicians in government will resign out of the fear of being attacked. The methods which MEND or other similar organizations will undertake to achieve this needs to be carefully thought out to ensure that not a single civilian is killed or injured.

So it's OK that they kill someone else's father, brother or son? Just so long as it's not yours?

Regarding your backtracking statement about innocents?

My GOD bless MEND, they are real patriotic Nigerians who can see through the farce of a president known as Jonathan. I hope they cause more havoc in Abuja, it is time for us to show support to those who are for good governance. There is nothing to celebrate in Nigeria and i am glad MEND has disgraced that baboon GEJ.

That was your first post. It is clearly supporting the bomb attacks today. It can not be read any other way.
It is impossible to applaud the attack and then in the next breath state that you believe innocents should not be targetted. The fact is innocents were targetted.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by konami001: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
I shed so many tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lord,
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by oweniwe(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2010
Gayigaskia:

MEND is about to deny their own people the chance to lead the country. what do these people want? Their own is President and will be for at least the next 4 years, it may look like this is the best time for them to consolidate and make their demands come true. By doing this I hope A Hausa General will take Nigeria over tonight and deal appropriately with these criminals. I said a Hausa general because that would be their worst nightmare.

you de craze! You don't learn from history. When there were civil unrest in the 1960's and the hausa generals (gowon) took over, what was the result? A wasteful civil war. When the politicians were corrupt in the 1970 and another hausa general (buhari /I.B.B / Abacha) took over again what was the result? Collapsed economy. Now you de talk make hausa general come again. . . No let me curse you o. angry  angry angry angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bastage:

So it's OK that they kill someone else's father, brother or son? Just so long as it's not yours?

Regarding your backtracking statement about innocents?

That was your first post. It is clearly supporting the bomb attacks today. It can not be read any other way.
It is impossible to applaud the attack and then in the next breath state that you believe innocents should not be targetted. The fact is innocents were targetted.

Thank you.
Who targets the President by putting bombs in trash cans?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bawomolo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
.NET:

Security operatives carrying the body of a Senior Police Office in a body bag after the deadly blast this morning,

E no go easy o.

.NET

but the 50 year old toddler must celebrate its golden jubilee with glee.

who cares about boko haram and mend when we gats to parry.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kilode1: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Topic, This is just Senseless. . .
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bawomolo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
Good work MEND. As for the innocent people killed, sorry. I know quite well that MEND warned people to stay off and they dared MEND.

i didn't know police officers were supposed to take orders from MEND.

you guys just don't value human lives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Governor Wike Says INEC Was Not Prepared / I Love Dancing & I Take It As An Exercise- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke Says / Osamede Adun Defects To PDP, Curses APC 'Spies' That Would Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.