Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? (16542 Views)

How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? / How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? / To Lose Weight Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 12, 2010
Hello ant01, My friend is just like you, she is quite slim now with a cute shape and eats like a horse but I keep telling her to regulate her diet now and try and learn what is good and bad because she will explode after child birth but she will not listen.

I have to work hard to maintain my figure and Exercise is what I use, I also eat moderately, no junkified foods. I cant advocate kettlebells enough, since I started using them in December, Im fitter than ever abs and all.

Girls dont be afraid of weights you will not look like hulk hogan in drag grin. Thankfully I know more about how to keep the weight off now that I am young and hopefully will follow through till my grave smiley
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by sinequanon: 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hurdle 1 - Motivation should not be weight loss

Motivation should be health. The body will then develop the sexiest weight for you!

Hurdle 2 - Balancing your diet

It is what you eat, not how much you eat that matters. You can find a healthy diet where you could stuff yourself uncomfortable, yet not put on weight.

Hurdle 3 - Retraining your mind and body

If you have a junk diet, it is not enough to simply cut down on quantity. Junk food is a mixture of low nutrient content and bulk rubbish. Your body craves large quantities of the junk (to make up for the low nutrient content) and puts up with the rubbish. This is a sensible strategy because being undernourished causes damage quicker than the toxins, which are detrimental in the longer term. You have to replace ALL the nutrient sources with healthy ones and give your body a chance to re-educate itself on where it gets what it needs, otherwise the cravings for junk will persist and your diet change may feel intolerable.

Hurdle 4 - Exercise

This should have little to do with burning calories. It should be about developing good physiology and metabolism. Exercising to burn calories is fighting against the body. The body stores fat for good reason. If your diet is balanced and all is in order, your body won't store much fat. If your body is saturated with toxins, your body will use fat to dilute them so that they are less damaging. Your body will fight tooth and nail to prevent you from getting round this protection. This will include unbearable cravings for fatty food and onset of tiredness. I do not think it is wise to up the anti with drugs that mess with the mind.

Hurdle 5 - Patience

Continue to do the right thing. Observe and improve your health. There are no short-cuts. Your body will respond in its own time.

Hurdle 6 - No 'treats'

If you are eating healthily, but have junk food for the 'odd treat', you have not balanced your diet. As you balance your diet, your mind should re-educate itself and junk should start smelling and tasting foul. You should not be craving it or seeing it as a 'treat'. Junk is worse than mere calories. It clogs up the system with toxins and makes the body demand fat to protect itself.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by mamagee3(f): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2010
Exercise more and after eating or go do jogging
or register somewhere in the gym
. . .
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by ant01: 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Hello ant01, My friend is just like you, she is quite slim now with a cute shape and eats like a horse but I keep telling her to regulate her diet now and try and learn what is good and bad because she will explode after child birth but she will not listen.

I have to work hard to maintain my figure and Exercise is what I use, I also eat moderately, no junkified foods. I cant advocate kettlebells enough, since I started using them in December, Im fitter than ever abs and all.

Girls dont be afraid of weights you will not look like hulk hogan in drag grin. Thankfully I know more about how to keep the weight off now that I am young and hopefully will follow through till my grave smiley

Hi Ebonyeyes,

I actually saw the advert for kettlebells today and thought here we go again another gimmick, i might get it now though,
Things are going well, am just 5kg away now! getting there,
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by liso4h2o: 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2010
Can you send a your e-mail address to me @ liso4h2o@yahoo.com so that i can feed you with the right information that you need to Lose wEIGHT WITHIN 9 DAYS.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by LikitaTee: 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2010
wats all ds abt acai berry, does it really wok/ whis got a testimony?
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by larablog: 9:15am On Feb 13, 2011
The issue of losing weight has being a big problem for me. I recently decided to take it seriously but the weight refused to fall off.
I tried everything: starvation, rigorous exercises, cardio, drinking lots of water, strength training, eating right in short everything .
Guess what? I gained 3 kg I couldn't believe the scale but there it was. I don't know what to do, I can't remember the last time I had junk food or even drank a bottle of coke or juice. I am at loss of what to do but I have to try something because this weight gain is getting out of control.
I don't believe in pills and want to lose weight the natural way but nothing seems to work. Help
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by agboifo(f): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2011
larablog:

The issue of losing weight has being a big problem for me. I recently decided to take it seriously but the weight refused to fall off.
I tried everything: starvation, rigorous exercises, cardio, drinking lots of water, strength training, eating right in short everything .
Guess what? I gained 3 kg I couldn't believe the scale but there it was. I don't know what to do, I can't remember the last time I had junk food or even drank a bottle of coke or juice. I am at loss of what to do but I have to try something because this weight gain is getting out of control.
I don't believe in pills and want to lose weight the natural way but nothing seems to work. Help

Hello @larablog Don't worry and don't give up. Hey, have you heard the expression "Portions is everything"?
That's the simple trick to losing weight. Portions - the amount of food you eat must be reduced for any meaningful weight loss.
But remember, it took you a long time to put on the weight, and so it WILL take you a long time to lose it. So the worst thing you can do is to become discouraged and think that it is not working.

One question: have you ever tried the methods you use for 12 months without break or fail? There, you see,

Lastly remember, dieting must go hand-in-hand with some form of exercising (small thrice weekly amounts). Neither will work alone.

Keep at it and good luck.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by rivie0020: 2:26am On Apr 25, 2011
Check out this site. http://pepperdiet.co.uk
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by niceguy10: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2011
Just very easy, just stop eating u can lose weight the way u want!! Or what do u think?
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by philem44: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2011
I CAN HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT WITH SOME WONDERFUL NUTRITIONAL FOOD DRINKS
GUARANTEED.

JUST CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO: 08088464143.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by tishat(f): 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
jogging and running works magic for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Natural Solutions To All Infertility Problems / Habits You Need To Do Away With. / Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.