Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (17165 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by fxmaxony(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2010

Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by fxmaxony(m): 7:06am On Oct 02, 2010
more

Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by AmenJoan(f): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2010
cry cry cry
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by ifyalways(f): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2010
Poor Gworo seller and Ice cream Vendor. sad
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by labiyemmy(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2010
the dead.

Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by lannre(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2010
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY……………………

I have enormous tracts of land and vast volumes of water, but cannot feed myself.

So I spend $1 billion to import rice and another $2 billion on milk.

I produce rice, but don’t eat it. I have millions of cows but no milk.

I am 50, please celebrate me.

I drive the best cars in the world but have no roads,

so I crush my best brains in the caverns,

craters and crevasses they crash into daily.

I am in unending mourning,

please celebrate me.

My school has no teacher and my classroom has no roof.

I take lectures through windows and live with 15 others in one room.

All my professors have gone abroad, and the rest are awaiting visas.

I am a university graduate, but I am illiterate. I want a future,

please celebrate me.

Preventable diseases send me to hospitals without doctors, medicines or power.

All the nurses have gone abroad and the rest are waiting to go also.

I have the highest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world;

and future generations are dying before me. I am hopeless, hapless and helpless,

please celebrate me.

For democracy’s sake I stood all day on Election Day.

But before I could ink my thumb, results had been broadcast.

When I dared to speak out, silence was enthroned by bullets.

My leaders are my oppressors, and my policemen are my terrors.

I am ruled by men in mufti, but I am not a democracy.

I have no verve, no vote, no voice,

please celebrate me.

My youth have no past, present nor future.

So my sons in the North have become street urchins;

and his brothers in the South have become kidnappers.

My nephews die of thirst in the Sahara and his cousins drown in the Mediterranean.

My daughters walk the streets of Lagos , Abuja and Port Harcourt;

while her sisters parade the streets of Rome and Amsterdam .

I am grief-stricken,

please celebrate me.

Pen-wielding bandits have raided everything in my vaults.

They walk the land with haughty strides and fly the skies with private planes

They have looted the future of generations unborn;

and have money they cannot spend in several lifetimes,

but their brothers die of starvation. I want a kit of kindness,

please celebrate me.

I can produce anything, but import everything.

So my toothpick is made in China; my toothpaste is made in South Africa;

my salt is made in Ghana; my butter is made in Ireland;

my milk is made in Holland; my shoe is made in Italy;

my vegetable oil is made in Malaysia*** my biscuit is made in Indonesia;

my chocolate is made in Turkey and my table water made in France.

My taste is far-flung and foreign,

please celebrate me.

*** To think that Malaysia came to NIFOR in Edo State in the 70's to acquire the Palm Oil Technology

My land is dead because all the trees have been cut down;

flooding kills thousands yearly because the drainages are clogged;

my fishes are dead because the oil companies dump waste in my rivers;

my communities are vanishing into the huge yawns of gully erosion, and nothing is being done.

My very existence is uncertain and I am in the deepest depths of despondence,

please celebrate me.

I have genuine leather but choose to eat it.

So I spend billions of dollars to import fake leather.

I have four refineries, but prefer to import fuel,

so I waste more billions to import petrol. I have no security in my country,

but send troops to keep peace in another man’s land.

I have hundreds of dams, but no water.

So I drink ‘pure’ water that roils my innards.

I need a vision,

please celebrate me.

I have a million candidates craving to enter universities,

but my dungeons can only accommodate a tenth.

I have no power, but choose to flare gas,

so my people have learnt to see in the dark and stare at the glare of unclothed flares.

I am shrouded by darkness,

please celebrate me.

For my golden jubilee,

I shall spend 16 billion naira to bash around the bonfires of the banal.

So what if the majority gaze at my possessed, frenzied dance;

drenched in silent tears, as probity is enslaved in democracy’s empty cellars?

I am profligacy personified,

please celebrate me.

Why can I not simply reflect and ponder?

Does my complexion cloud the colour of my character?

Does my location limit the lengths my liberty?

Does the spirit of my conviction shackle my soul

Does my mien maim the mine of my mind?

And is failure worth celebrating?

I AM NIGERIAN, PLEASE CELEBRATE ME

Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by na2day(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2010
THESE ARE TERRIBLE PICTURES!
The destruction is a reminiscence of a WAR ZONE cry
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Ranoscky(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2010
May GOD help us all in these Nation called Nigeria !!! cry
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by leuelliot(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2010
WOW this is amazing  lipsrsealed
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Yemming(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2010
and come to think of it nigeria is the most religious country in the world
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Mehiedu(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
why on this important day
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by joshelen(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
@lannre
u have a gift. Another soyinka in d makin
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by anonimi: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ lannre
that is beautifully written yet sad poem on our realities.
one just wonders why we are not yet outraged as a country to bring about the change we desire rather than seeking out messiahs, imams, pastors and priests for our liberation
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Spyker: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2010
I guess it will take an entire nation to convince me that the intelligence agencies did not know of this threat while CNN and BBC knew about it and the British intelligence informed them. Well, they are busy collecting N20 and N50 from commercial drivers while their counterparts in other countries are doing their job. If I were Mr. President, i will prosecute all the security chiefs in the country and charge them for negligence. Those lives lost are on their hands. Ignorance and negligence should not be an excuse when it comes to human life.

And MEND or AMEND or DESTROY or whenever you guys call yourselves, SHAME ON YOU, you are no different from the crooks in Government you are attacking.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by soloyede1: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
Is this truly from the MEND?THE SO CALLED MILITANTS FROM BAYELSA?

ARE WE SURE THAT THESE BOMBINGS ARE NOT POLITICALY MOTIVATED, TO FRUSTRATE GOODLUCK J?

CAN WE SAY WE NOW VE AL-QUEDIA TRAINEES IN NIGERIA?

DONT U THINK AMERICA WILL ADD OUR NAME TO THE WATCHLIST AGAIN?

BUT SOMEBODY SAID THIS WAR LOOMING, AND ANOTHER ONE JUST HAPPENED AT BAYELSA STATE AS AT 12PM TODAY,KILLING ABOUT 11,AND INJURED ABT.30POLICE OFFICERS?

AND IF THIS IS TRULY FROM THE MILITANTS, I THINK THEIR ACTIONS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND AND THEY SHOULD PLEASE NOT ALLOW IT TO EXTEND TO LAGOS, because EKO, TI WA, ONI BAJE, OOOO
 THANK YOU, MAY THE PEOPLE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES,GENTLE SOULS REST IN PEACE, AMEN
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by labiyemmy(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
sPYKER

Please dont start.

America with all her powers was warned about the September 11 attack - yet it happened- Same in Britain -

Please dont say what you know nothing about.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Spyker: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2010
@labiyemmy:

sPYKER

Please dont start.

America with all her powers was warned about the September 11 attack - yet it happened- Same in Britain -

Please dont say what you know nothing about.

America or Britain is not Nigeria, the Police are not doing their work whether you like it or not or do you need a soothsayer to make you see their faults in the form of Boko Haram, Abia kidnapping, bomb blast here and there, arm robbery and rape, whose duty is it, mine?
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by labiyemmy(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2010
OK. You win.

Kill all the law enforcement officers for failing to prevent the bombings.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Spyker: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2010
@labiyemmy:

OK. You win.

Kill all the law enforcement officers for failing to prevent the bombings.

Sorry bro, this is not a competition, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mind. All the same, we want all this to stop.
I never said "kill', i said prosecute. At least show them the road Onovo went, immediate retirement. It's very shamful.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by ijcurt(f): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2010
@lannre. wow, am just speechless
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by anonimi: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by megaangel: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2010
This is so pathetic, God help us n grant d souls of d dead a peacefull rest n d injured quick recovery
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by denony(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2010
nice post
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by tureal(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
@lannre, that write up was something man, you gat me thinking, though sad but there is lot and lot of lesson to lean, God bless you, for the country Nigeria i gat nofin to say. God dey
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Orikinla(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2010
Every literate person should read what lannre has said and pass it on to every literate person in Nigeria.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by sweeti14(f): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2010
shocked  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry  sad sad sad sad sad  angry angry angry angry
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by bish2(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
"Ma yin e ni BANGER (3X), Pishaun! Pishaun!! Pishaun!!!, Says MEND.
Jesu gba wa lowo awon eni ibi (Deliver us frm d evil ones)
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by udennaa: 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
quite pathetic.may d soul of d dead rest in peace;but MEND why,why waste the lives ot these strugglin,suffering n smiling nigerians in the pursuit of your cause.God have mercy!
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by okeybenny: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
Teribble pictures! My sympathy goes to those good Nigerians that were wounded and the family of those that lost their lives. It is unfortunate what our leaders have turned our country into.
But wait a minute! Just 2 explosions recked all these havok, injuries and deaths. This make me to appreciate the kind of wickedness in the hearts of such people as GOWON, IBB, OBASANJO, BUHARI e.t.c who with their western allies use jet bombers, heavy artilleries, armoured tankers, to mention but a few to pound helpless and innocent women and children in the eastern part of the country during the civil war and yet nobody has tried them for war crimes till now.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Yorisb: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2010
Pathetic! Pathetic!! Pathetic!!! embarassed

R.I.P cry cry
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by batiatus(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2010
MEND are lunatics do they have 2 kill innocent people 2 prove their point. I don't get it WHAT DO THEY REALLY  WANT
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Lanre

I am glad that men like u are still in nigeria. Men who are able to express the situation in writing. for the first time the situation of nigeria made me feel like shading tears.

Nigerians pls is it not time we stop commenting and take action. Are we hiptonised! no country will experience what nigerians are going thru and still keep quite!

Are we so unpatriotic! whats is wrong with us? have we all lost our ba-lls??

For petes sake lets rise up and fight! this is no longer an issue of religion, tribe, geographic location, class or  creed!

Lets wipeout this demonic leaders! i am now 38 years old and DESPITE THE FACT THAT AM NOT DOING BADLY, I  dnt know what it means to enjoy the basic amenities of life!

Please people lets break this hipnotism! lets rise up and fight this fake leaders with what ever we have!

Can you image the fate that befall that poor goro saler and ice cream saler! is a Nigerian suppose  to be a goro saler!

Damn!

As for me, please i desire to train myself in the field of SNIPER! CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. PLEASE AM DEAD SERIOUS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) / Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project / Musa Wada Mental Health In Leaked Medical Report: Ehimoni Sunday Sues PDP, INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.