Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Unable to Activate Microsoft Office - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Unable to Activate Microsoft Office (3451 Views)

How To Activate Windows 10 / How To Activate Windows 8 Without The Serial Number. / The Code To Send "setttings" To In Order To Activate My Mtn Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by temisafety: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2010
I had to format my laptop some weeks back and since then my Microsoft Office has been failing to get activated. I have severally deleted the Opa12.dat file and followed other suggestions on the Microsoft support website, all to no avail. Can someone please help.
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by hackney(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
Delete the data.dat files on the c:\ drive and try again.
Otherwise you can do telephone activation.
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by labiyemmy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2010
hackney:

Delete the data.dat files on the c:\ drive and try again.
Otherwise you can do telephone activation.

Hackney - What are you doing talking to monkeys as you call them?

You said these earlier in another thread!

By african standards they are safe! !
what are you all talking about? ?

lets concentrate on the gullys you call roads here before you complain about small
flaws in a german car.
what an insult from monkeys.

They have owned up that there is a slight issue with the brakes and ppl are taking it too far as if
there is anything like standards in africa.

im annoyed with that rubbish continent in general.
Literally they get nothing right for centuries.
monkeys.
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by temisafety: 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2010
labiyemmy, it should be one of those slips of the tongue and to slip they say is , emmm human grin grin A beg no vex.

hackney, thanks but I had already done that, or is what you mean different from what I posted?
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by hackney(m): 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
If all fails (and your copy is genuine), you can activate via telephone.
the telephone conversation is usually automated and when they verify that your
MS office copy is authentic, they will give you a set of activation keys that will work.

Ques: With the activation failing, does it still create a 'microsoft office' folder in program files? if it does , it should be deleted before you try again.

Also you can look in the registry to see if any MS office entries are there or even in control panel.
These can be removed\uninstalled but be careful with the registry as it modifications can stop your laptop from
loading windows.

hope that helps.
cheers.
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by NuelTony: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2010
I HAVE AN OFFLINE INSTALLATION OF MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007 WITH DIFFERENT KEYS> ITS GENUINE AND RUNNING PERFECTLY ON MY LAPTOP. IF U NEED THE SOFTWARE JUST CALL ME ON 07030736893
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by temisafety: 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
If all fails (and your copy is genuine), you can activate via telephone.
the telephone conversation is usually automated and when they verify that your
MS office copy is authentic, they will give you a set of activation keys that will work.

Ques: With the activation failing, does it still create a 'microsoft office' folder in program files? if it does , it should be deleted before you try again.

Also you can look in the registry to see if any MS office entries are there or even in control panel.
These can be removed\uninstalled but be careful with the registry as it modifications can stop your laptop from
loading windows.

hackney, I'm not techie enough to want to monkey with the registry again. It once landed me in serious mess.  However, i won't mind trying the other suggestions. it's a genuine copy and there is MS Office folder in programme files.

I HAVE AN OFFLINE INSTALLATION OF MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007

Nuel, could you please throw in some light about the offline one? I guess it doesn't require activation whether online or by phone, right?
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by hackney(m): 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
You can delete the ms office folder and try re-installing.
the folder is useless anyway since you cant activate or use office apps.
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by NuelTony: 8:16am On Oct 06, 2010
NO ONLINE OR TELEPHONE ACTIVATION IS REQUIRED, EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS CONTAINED IN ONE FOLDER! ALL I NEED DO FOR YOU IS INSTALL TUGZIP THEN I USE IT TO UNZIP THE MICROSOFT OFFICE FOLDER, WHICH CONTAINS THE INSTALLS FILE (.EXE) AND THE KEY GEN, DURING INSTALLATION PROCESS IT WILL PROMPT U FOR THE KEY,JUST COPY AND PASTE ANYONE OF THE KEYS IN THE KEY GEN AND BAM! IT INSTALLS WITHOUT INTERUPTION, READY TO USE. smiley
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by temisafety: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2010
Thanks guys, i finally phoned Microsoft for the activation and it's now working fine.
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by temisafety: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
zukky, this is called spam
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by fabre4: 6:17am On Mar 15, 2015
temisafety:
Thanks guys, i finally phoned Microsoft for the activation and it's now working fine.
What number did u call cos when I try the one given to me it tells me wrong number
Re: Unable to Activate Microsoft Office by chudeTV: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2015
simple video tutorial to activate microsoft office 2013 here with how to download the crack

http://chudetv.com/How-to-activate-2013-microsoft-office-using-microsoft-toolkit-Educational_v1090

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Remove Raila Odinga Virus / Crashed Hard Disk O, Pls Help / My Laptop Adapter Not Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.