Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? (14410 Views)

Why Do some Christians Hate The Old Testament / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Misoki(m): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2010
Some born again christians do hate to pay their tithes though they are taught the blessings of Paying the tithes and the Curses of not paying. But still they do "rob" the Lord. Why is this so.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by manmustwac(m): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2010
Misoki:

Some born again christians do hate to pay their tithes though they are taught the blessings of Paying the tithes and the Curses of not paying. Bu still they do "rob" the Lord. Why is this so.
But are they really robbing the Lord or are they just robbing thier church pastors?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Image123(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2010
Why ask why?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by naijacutee(f): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
Because tithes are supposed to be paid to God, and not to finance luxury lifestyles. So the reluctance to pay tithes is aimed at paying to particular people, not God.

All the nonsense we do, dancing around the place because we want to put N5000 into the offering bag in front of the church, where everyone can see does not glorify God. We do it to glorify ourselves, and to show that we have arrived. What Jesus commanded is that our gifts to God should be paid to the homeless people, beggars on the street and people in the most desperate need. People we see around us everyday.  This is a hard saying, but it is true. What is the point of going to church on Sunday and donating towards someones 2011 Lexus Jeep (Trust me, that is what he is saving the money for), when you leave the church and there are little children selling groundnut everywhere?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by KunleOshob(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Poster
Becos tithing is not a christian doctrine, it is a fraudulent manipulation of Old testament scripture being used to fleece christians today. The apostles who were mandated to established christianity NEVER preached tithing nor collected tithes. That aside there is no blessing attached to tithes as practised today neither is there any curse. It is obvious that a lot of non tithers are even far better off than so called tithers. If you study the sciptures well and you are trully a christian then you would know that you have no business engaging in such a ignorant a fruitless practise in the name of God. I would have written more there are more than enough writings on this fraudulent doctrine already written on this forum, if the OP has any specific questions to ask i would be more than willing to answer but i suggest he first does some biblical research on tithes starting with Deut 14:22-29
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by anonimi: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ poster

can you find anywhere in the bible that Jesus said to pay tithes or money to the church (synagogue).
rather he always said to[b] give to the poor.[/b]
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Kay17: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
Bu still they do "rob" the Lord. Why is this so.
Sometimes, i wonder if its a god at all. He/she seems so helpless.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by joshelen(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2010
anonimi:

@ poster

can you find anywhere in the bible that Jesus said to pay tithes or money to the church (synagogue).
rather he always said to[b] give to the poor.[/b]

There is a general contribution that is administered by tha Apostle in Acts 6:1-6 which they latter hand over the seven deacons when ther was complaints from some people and in chapter 5, Ananias and the wife sold there land and refuse to bring all like others were doing. Paul talked of collecting from macedonia to take care of the Corinthians. money is given under the new test as the Lord prospereth (remember the parable of the widow's mite). Read II Cor 9:6-8. God will take care of the church, the ministers shud not turn themselves to beggars on the pupit.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Tonyet1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
Kunle! Kunle!! Kunle!!! U've started again wit ur lies abi? grin
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by KunleOshob(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Tonye
We know who amongst us as been telling lies inspired by the mamon god and propagated by his disciples like you.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by KunleOshob(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2010
^^^
Or better still point out to one single lie in my post so I can use that opportunity to expose your deceit further.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by anonimi: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
joshelen:

There is a general contribution that is administered by tha Apostle in Acts 6:1-6 which they latter hand over the seven deacons when ther was complaints from some people and in chapter 5, Ananias and the wife sold there land and refuse to bring all like others were doing. Paul talked of collecting from macedonia to take care of the Corinthians. money is given under the new test as the Lord prospereth (remember the parable of the widow's mite). Read II Cor 9:6-8. God will take care of the church, the ministers shud not turn themselves to beggars on the pupit.

obviously jesus was still physically alive from the "Acts" onwards and giving instructions about how to live a CHRISTian life shocked shocked
or maybe you just replied in a hurry without fully understanding my post if that is the case, please re-read and respond properly now.
thanks.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Joagbaje(m): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2010
One can't force anybody to pay tithe, they only lack the knowledge of the importance. The simple truth truth is that the non tithers simply lose the benefit associated with tithing period!
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Mudley313: 11:35am On Oct 03, 2010
Joagbaje:

One can't force anybody to pay tithe, they only lack the knowledge of the importance. The simple truth truth is that the non tithers simply lose the benefit associated with tithing period!

and what are these benefits u speak of, my friend? cos where i live at, i've never heard of a single person partaking in the fraud that is tithing and everyone here is way more successful n live a far more healthy n better life than ur average tithe paying maga nigerian
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Pukkah: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2010
Joagbaje:

What are the specific benefits of tithing please? In this context, it should be noted that compulsory tithing is different from voluntary giving.

It would also be useful to establish tithing patterns among the prosperous countries or individuals across the world.

Thanks.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Kay17: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2010
^^its like that muslim belief that their god's ear is open at certain times.

if you stuff more cash into god's pocket, the happier he would be with you.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by anonimi: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2010
Kay 17:

^^its like that muslim belief that their god's ear is open at certain times.

if you stuff more cash into god's pocket, the happier he would be with you.

abeg no make me laff grin grin grin
na im be sey dem god na like naija olopa- wetin you carry, give egunje and pass, since he cannot bless them without them paying him tithes.
magas incorporated.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by thehomer: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2010
It's because paying tithes is expensive.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Misoki(m): 10:26am On Oct 04, 2010
manmustwac:

But are they really robbing the Lord or are they just robbing thier church pastors?
A certain man of God said its not robbing the pastor but according to MALACHI 3:8-10, if you are not paying your tithe at all or if you are paying it but NOT ALL the tithes, that is you are robbing God, the LORD himself and not your pastor nor any man!
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by kolaoloye(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2010
@OP
Simply because they know what you don't know.
No man can rob God.Read your Bible very well (The New Testament).
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by KunleOshob(m): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2010
@Misoki
Can you tell us briefly how the bible defines tithes and how it explained tithing should be done with biblical references.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Bastage: 10:42am On Oct 04, 2010
It always amuses me how many times the New Testament tells us that money is evil, yet the churches are always saying that we must make money and give it to them.

Tithing is not a Christian concept. According to the NT it is utterly the opposite. Modern pastors try to justify tithing by pointing to it's origins in the Old Testament. What they always fail to mention is that the people in that book were Jews practicing ancient customs from older religions that they had adapted. Not once is tithing mentioned in the NT. All the evidence points to it being something contrary to Christianity.

If tithing is a part of Christianity, don't you think it would be mentioned just one single time in the New Testament? It isn't.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Misoki(m): 11:02am On Oct 04, 2010
Misoki:

A certain man of God said its not robbing the pastor but according to MALACHI 3:8-10, if you are not paying your tithe at all or if you are paying it but NOT ALL the tithes, that is you are robbing God, the LORD himself and not your pastor nor any man!
kola oloye:

@OP
Simply because they know what you don't know.
No man can rob God.Read your Bible very well (The New Testament).

Kindly what do you understand with robbing God in this verse please MALACHI 3:8 "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me[/i]. But ye say, [i]Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings".
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Misoki(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2010
And some pastors teach that there is a difference between TITHES and OFFERINGS.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by kolaoloye(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2010
Misoki:

And some pastors teach that there is a difference between TITHES and OFFERINGS.
Why don't you see Pastor KunleOshob for tutorials.It saves you a lot of trouble. grin
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by VALIDATOR: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2010
The problems seems to come when after receiving the money from God I am reluctant to pay Him back 10% out of it.The sharing formula is God gives me 100%, out of it I give Him back 10% and the remaining 90% is mine.
I solved that problem.I told God to deduct His 10% from source since he is the one giving me the money in the first instance and I assume that whatever gets to me is my 90%. By so doing,I no longer run a risk of "robbing" God.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by fender(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
They don't pay cos they simply don't understand the principles behind it. The scriptures commands us to pay 1/10th of our earnings as Tithe. It is easier to talk about it but how Christians obey the injunction? It goes from cases of inconsistency to not paying at all.

For me, I try to pay my tithes monthly once I receive my salary. Though this is not done on other sundry monies I get in the course of the week.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by slap1(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
Times are hard.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Demainman1: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2010
VALIDATOR:

The problems seems to come when after receiving the money from God I am reluctant to pay Him back 10% out of it.The sharing formula is God gives me 100%, out of it I give Him back 10% and the remaining 90% is mine.
I solved that problem.I told God to deduct His 10% from source since he is the one giving me the money in the first instance and I assume that whatever gets to me is my 90%. But so doing,I no longer run a risk of "robbing" God.

Nice one!!! This is my own prayer. 'god' of nigeria pastors, 'tithe god' please before blessing ur 'own' kindly take your 10% percent before giving them the balance 90%. That 90% no even reach me to pay my bills!!

My own God which i have come to know from studying my bible is not a bribe taker. He blesses me abundantly simple because i serve him in truth and in spirit!!!
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by djojo(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2010
Because there salary is low
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by MissyB3(f): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
No excuse can exculpate not paying tithe.
Play Your part - Pay your tithe.
Whoever spends your money on a wrong project will have GOD question him.

Ask God to deduct 10% before the sum gets to you? Hilarious! Please, be serious.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by fender(m): 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2010
djojo:

Because there salary is low

That ain't true cos there is no there's amount that's enough to spend. Even after spending the whole without paying tithes, it's still not enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" / Folu Adeboye Celebrates Her 69th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.