Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

"Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo (7992 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by SMSguru(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
Yes, my spiritual father has just spoken during the Jubilee/Passover Night held at Living Faith Church, Canaanland, Ota, Africa.

He made it clear during his message to church faithfuls that God has a divine agenda for this great nation.

He prophesied without mincing words that Nigeria will be named among the World Powers by the year 2020.

I can't wait to see it happen because I'm so sure that it will happen. I'm also so sure that I will be alive, safer, sound and stronger by then.

Papa has spoken! And God has never allowed any of his words to fall to the ground because the scriptures can never be broken.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by TCD: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
Lol. Tell him to check again. The guy must have misheard. Maybe he meant year 202020202020

4 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by KunleOshob(m): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
It beats my imagination why Nigerians continue to fall for the antics of these charlatans who parade themselves as men of God. The topic of this pst is infact hypocritical cause it is coming from one of those who have ben exploiting Nigerians for decades and keeping them in bondage.

5 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Odunnu: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
If you've ever listened to Fela Durotoye,that's been his 'word from God'
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by naijacutee(f): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
I'm not saying "don't have faith", but there has to be a desire in the "faithee's" part too. There is no point proclaiming "The Spirit of Employment" over someone who is not even willing to apply for jobs. Or proclaiming "The Spirit of Sweetness" over jollof rice that someone hasn't bothered to learn how to cook. There is nothing impossible for God, but I can bet you $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that Nigeria will remain a corrupt third-world country in 2020 if our leaders are not willing to embrace honesty, fairness and progress. This is why we should be praying for them. They have a large part to play in our catastrophe - Nothing to do with God.  

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Odunnu: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
For this to happen, you and I have to be leaders in our area of influence.
Its no longer abt praying,its high time we acted out our prayers

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Mudley313: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2010
SMSguru:

Yes, my spiritual father fraudulent pastor that has brainwashed me into revering and calling him my father while at the same time duping me of my hard earned cash in the name of gawd has just spoken during the Jubilee/Passover Fleecing the Flock Night held at Living Faith Church Business Enterprise, Canaanland, Ota, Africa.

He made it clear during presentation of his message format to church faithfuls his magas that dog has a divine mirage agenda for this great impoverished nation.

He prophesied babbled without mincing words that Nigeria will be named among the World Powers by the year 2020 20000200000.

I can't wait to see it happen because I'm so sure that it will happen. I'm also so sure that I will be alive, safer, sound and stronger by then. (translation: i'm a mugu and regard every word that come out my 419 pastors fraudulent mouth as gospel)

Papa My cult leader has spoken! And God has never allowed any of his words to fall to the ground because the scriptures can never be broken like the fervent daily prayers of break throughs and prosperity me and my cult members undertake but things still keep getting worse while my pastors pockets keep getting fatter.

corrected

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Odunnu: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
That aint funny Mudley. Ths is an elder atleast show some respect
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Kay17: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
Hey, Mudley is back! good yu showed that in its true light.

but seriously, that dud is jokin. maybe more prayers will do the trick smiley
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by joshelen(m): 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
what effect will these have on christianity, America and the rest and turning there back to God becos of the power they have. Let us pray for revival among God's own people, that has Philip impact was great in Samaria Nigerian christians will make great impact in our nation
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by thehomer: 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
That's an interesting statement considering that right now, Nigeria is on track to miss all the Millennium development goals by 2015. I wonder what excuses will be proffered if Nigeria fails to be among the World Powers considering that 2020 is not far off.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2010
lol yeah wake me up when pigs fly.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
Mudley313:

corrected

guy u need to grow up. What u did with someone else' post isnt funny but absurd upon your return after serving a ban.
Odunnu:

i hope Mudley agrees with this
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Dolemite(f): 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2010
I thought the world was ending by 2012?

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Ovamboland(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2010
Even if we suddenly have correct leadership from this moment onward and they start fixing our educational system and building infratructure we need at least the next 40 years of consistent effort to be anywhere near being a world power.

For example converting the railways to standard guage and building the East-West line, Niger-Delta railline etc will take at least 8 years, building a support industry for the rail system needs another 15 years. Mind you no world power lacks these things, no be for mouth.

Building a gas power plant needs at least 3 years for a 500MW capacity costing roughly $500million, a coal fired plant needs 5 years to complete. Our installed capacity is hardly more than 6,000MW while a world power like China has 622,000MW USA has 1,075,174MW. Is it possible to build anythging close to these in 10 years? angry
Is there any example of any country that prayed and power plants appeared in a day or week of fasting?

We need to wake up from the religious sedation wear our work boots and gloves and get dirty fixing our country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by hercules07: 9:17am On Oct 03, 2010
@ovamboland

My thoughts exactly, the pastor is only telling people what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by ow11(m): 11:05am On Oct 03, 2010
Ovamboland:

Even if we suddenly have correct leadership from this moment onward and they start fixing our educational system and building infratructure we need at least the next 40 years of consistent effort to be anywhere near being a world power.

For example converting the railways to standard guage and building the East-West line, Niger-Delta railline etc will take at least 8 years, building a support industry for the rail system needs another 15 years. Mind you no world power lacks these things, no be for mouth.

Building a gas power plant needs at least 3 years for a 500MW capacity costing roughly $500million, a coal fired plant needs 5 years to complete. Our installed capacity is hardly more than 6,000MW while a world power like China has 622,000MW USA has 1,075,174MW. Is it possible to build anythging close to these in 10 years? angry
Is there any example of any country that prayed and power plants appeared in a day or week of fasting?

We need to wake up from the religious sedation wear our work boots and gloves and get dirty fixing our country.

Practical answers to proclamations. The OP will probably tell you how God made the sun stand still and split the red sea. Hence, Power plants and Rail lines will appear overnight!

This same Bishop proclaimed in Shiloh 2002 that 'Nigeria will be to Africa what the US is the world in 10 years'. . .direct quote! Whether he meant in terms of invading other African countries or having the largest African market is another story. I would assume he meant in terms of being an industrialised nation BUT at least this proclamation is not vague and cannot be bent. In 10 years time, we can judge this his gist but personally I don't believe him and think it is impossible!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Mudley313: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2010
Odunnu:

elder ko, elder ni. so because fred ajudua, lawrence anini or abacha were probably older than me, i should now keep my mouth shut in lieu of all the bullcrap perpetrated by these obvious fraudsters in the name of the lawd. sorry i show no respect whatsoever to thieves and con-artist

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by richjohn1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2010
Na today, ask the developed and advanced countries whether it was prophecy that got them to where they are grin, It will take almost a thousand years for africans to be free from delusion/ignorance I reiterate. My GF took me to that church for about 2years I never ceased to stop laffing at morons!
@Mudley so you served a ban? to bad keep up the good work, I enjoyed your edition of that slowpoke post, keep it up! luv ya

Without delusion its impossible to please him, grin

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by ajadrage: 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2010
Well, I wouldn't want to join issues with the statement that Nigeria will be named among the world powers by the year 2020, or any other future time. However, methinks that for spiritually minded people, the issue of Nigeria being amongst the major power brokers in global politics should be less of a priority. The present system is a decaying system, and it is passing away, giving way to a kingdom, and a King who will exert rule in love, justice and power.

Being among the power brokers in a global politics that has lost all sense of values, morality, justice, and humaneness is not a prize that children of the most High should crave for in these days of the end, this is especially more so as we see that even the power brokers of the contemporary international system can hardly claim immunity from the everyday existential challenges of economic and social security, poverty, climate change, amongst others despite advancements in technology and infrastructure.

However, as our individual hearts are different and uniquely distinct, so our desires are. But we should be mindful that our desires are in harmony with the will of our creator. He wrote the story, even He knows how the story ends, and this he has so graciously shown to faithful humankind. . .

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by SMSguru(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
I'm not surprised at your comments at all but mark my words, "It will happen and none of you mockers will benefit from it though you will all live to witness it.

Noah had the same problem when he was asked by God to build an ark. Prophets such as Elijah and Elisha had the same problem. So, you guys are not the first and will not be the last.

Lips sealed!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by ogajim(m): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
My question is this:

What has Nigeria being a World power got to do with Salvation and Holiness?

Didn't the Bible WARN us about loving this World?

Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Tonyet1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^^ too much vexation is vanity for the soul. . .trust me!
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
SMSguru:

I'm not surprised at your comments at all but mark my words, "It will happen and none of you mockers will benefit from it though you will all live to witness it.

Reminds me of what happened in the old testament grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Jenwitemi(m): 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
Make we get constant electric power supply first. Wey Jesus when he is needed? Hiding inside the NT, no doubt.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by geerufus(m): 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ SMSGuru
Wot the hell is wrong with you man? Why are u being a slave to these pastors? All of them are just out to fleece people of the little they have left to feed on. Papa or wotever you call Oyedepo inclusive. What he predicted can only come to pass if they desist from adding to the rot of the society by aiding corrupt politicians, fraudsters, drug lords, ritualists and the rest of them, just because they are the financiers of their extravagant lifestyles. Oyedepo and his cohorts know Nija will never break out of dis present condition until righteousness prevails, until peolpe change from their selfish ways. This is the truth and dis pastors are afraid if they start preaching the truth it wuld affect their business. They want to protect their business empire and ill-gotten wealth by preaching prosperity and miracles to their followers, which is sort of raising false hope among dis peolple. You take their money to establish a school dat they can't send afford to send thier kids to.
Do u know that the type of prayers dis pastors say in the presence of their followers is not exactly what they pray for them in secret. If things move on well for dis people, prosperity preaching wud be outdated and the pastors' fortune wud nosedive. So be wise. You wud know a true man of God by his words and lifestyle.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by poweredcom(m): 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
;DNa today dem don dey talk am Oyedepo i dont like that Man he is a Fake, Ok let de stop decieving them selves we are bust pursuing God problem even if God has any, we have been brainwashed with religion over the decades and lost focus on our own Afrcan sense, Now the white man is throwing away all religious Bulshits, they are talking of Them Mindset and science.that rules this era, we are stll deaf and blind building church everywhere, balderdash!!!!

some lazy mudefucker are making loud noize in church thinking they are the best and their prayer il be answered, why do we decieve our selves

whether you like it or not if you dont work hard you will suffer even if yo call jesus from now till heaven come down

Oyedepo na con man jor
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by ilosiwaju: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2010
Oyedepo is an arrogant i.diot! Simple.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by ajadrage: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2010
ilosiwaju:
Oyedepo is an arrogant i.diot! Simple.
I am sorry, but you possess neither the moral justification, right nor the ecclesiastic authority to make this assertion. . .
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Ymodulus: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2010
I dey laugh, this fraudulent People who call themselves MEN OF GOD are  at it again.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by Gidtruth: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2010
At least the sheeple must be kept under leash with the sweet talk so they can continue to open their wallets.

They want to be super power without working for it or making real sacrifice,  .mscheww!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Among The World Powers By the Year 2020" - Bishop David Oyedepo by LKRavitz(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2010
why not 2011 . he is part of the problem. there is absolutely no difference between these money making pastors and the politicians. They are even worse cos they steal in the name of God.if We had a normal functioning society and everything was great. they wuld be out of business in no time.It is oyedepo and co,s prayer for Nigeria to remain in the doldrums.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 'God' Of Christianity Is An Alien Called Enlil. Discuss. / There Is NO GOD! / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.