Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years (44172 Views)

Couple Who Met During NYSC Weds (Photos) / They Met During A Hike And He Proposed During A Hike In Abuja (Photos) / 'NYSC, I Hail Thee'; Lady Set To Wed Her Fiance She Met During Service. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by dachiwater: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
A 98-year-old ex-American soldier, K.T. Robbins has reunited with his first love who he met during the World War 2, WW2 after 75 years. The army veteran who was filmed meeting his sweetheart again in a touching scene which took place in France on the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landing, was seen embracing a woman named Jeannine, after the pair saw one another for the first time in more than three quarters of a century.

Upon seeing her, he said: ‘I always loved you. You never got out of my heart.’ He showed her a picture of her he had kept for all those years. The ex-American soldier who reunited with his first love he met during WW2 after 75 years, was 24 when he was stationed with his regiment in Briey, in the Meurthe-et-Moselle department in north-eastern France during World War II in 1944.

He fell in love with a young 18-year-old French woman – Jeannine, but their romance was cut short as he had to leave in hurry two months later and was rushed to the eastern front. When he returned to the United States, Robbins eventually got married, but he never forgot about Jeannine whose surname is Pierson but her maiden name was Ganaye. It is unclear if either of them had children and if their spouses are still alive.

Here is a video of the reunion below;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/13/ex-american-soldier-reunited-with-first-love-he-met-during-ww2-after-75-years/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by sonofspada(m): 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
Reminds me of
Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
I just dey wonder how the knacking go be after all those years apart... make them no pass there go thy kingdom come grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
Wow. This is so cute

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
dairykidd:
I just dey wonder how the knacking go be after all those years apart... make them no pass there go thy kingdom come grin
Sharap

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Ask4bigneyo(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ok now
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by ainas247: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
wowww
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by sonsomegrigbo: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
Na wa o

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by sobastical: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
dairykidd:

Is that all you could think of

40 Likes

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Sirpaul(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
Beautiful

7 Likes

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Sundaypaul12345: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
Wow
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Elslim: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
Chai....
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by anyimontana(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
May we all grow old in good health...amen

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by StepTwo: 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
dairykidd:

To land you slap d hungry me

21 Likes

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by emmabest2000(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
Women

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
reminds me of the movie flyboys but that 1 is ww1 cheesy starring james franco
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Eroghero(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Love never dies

2 Likes

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Chiefochiefo(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
As in someone's wife and someone's husband reunite? And the mumu husband couldn't do anything? Thank God it's not naija undecided
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by efalogbon: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
DO YOU DESIRE TO OWN A GOOD WORKING LAPTOP?

THEN LAPTOP CENTRE IS THE ANSWER…

We have top brands such as Hp, Mac, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, Asus, Acer and lots more. Buy now at affordable price.

ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by minasota(f): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
wooooow
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Pidginwhisper: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
dairykidd:

[img]https:///media/1-13-2018/SE31db.gif[/img]

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by KingSatan: 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
dairykidd:

embarassed

I wouldn't blame you because you are a product of a failed society. A society that equates LOVE for money and sexual pleasure.

In your society, no one knows the true definition of Love.

Money is True Love.

Sex is True Love.

20 Likes

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by luizkyworld(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
Catch all the fun u can while u'r still young, so u don't look back with regrets. Savour every moment...enjoy life to the fullest. No rewind button in life's remote controller.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by DMPaulSr: 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
So touching! They lived long for a reason. Fate!!

1 Like

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by nairalandankrah: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
This life is beautiful

But everything seems to be for laid up hearts

The more your get, .............. The more your feel sad
Oooooooo This life....
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by babyfaceafrica: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
story
Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by Pidginwhisper: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
Be like those wey dey get pix of their early childhood/youth memories dey live long pass those wey no get @ all. shocked

4 Likes

Re: Ex-american Soldier Reunited With First Love He Met During WW2 After 75 Years by henrixx(m): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
dairykidd:
typical black man. All you think about is sex.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Very Important Things Every Guy Observes In A Girl!!! / Different Ladies Express Love For Man On His Birthday. Photos / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.