Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable (4354 Views)

Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence (Graphic Photos) / Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) / Man Beats Wife To Death In Lagos For Being Barren (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by shadrach77: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2010
A 42-year old man beat his wife to death following a disagreement. TOYOSI OGUNSEYE spoke with the suspect who says he cannot justify his action

The marriage of 10 years ended in just 10 minutes. Olushola Ojaelatan and his wife, Basirat Oluwatoyin, had been married for 10 years. They had three children out of which two are surviving.

The marriage was not Ojaelatan‘s first. The 42-year-old man was married for 10 years to another woman who left him after the union did not produce any child. Then he met Basirat who married him just after the first woman had left. Basirat‘s first child died a few months after birth, but she had two other children ages four and one respectively.

Neighbours at their No. 18/20, Laidi Street, Ofin, Ikorodu, Lagos, testified that the Ojaelatans‘ marriage had not been blissful. The landlord who pleaded anonymity said that he always had cause to settle the couple‘s differences. He said, ”I was always in their room settling one fight or the other. If the wife was not screaming, the husband would be shouting. I always told Basirat‘s husband that it was not everything his wife did that he should react to; but he never listened to me. Hardly did any week pass by that I did not have to placate either of them. Their trouble was just too much.”

One of the Ojaelatans‘ troubles that the landlord referred to occurred last Saturday. It was the last scuffle the husband would ever have with his wife. Ojaelatan, a carpenter, said that he returned from a night vigil in his church when his wife picked a quarrel with him. According to him, the woman was angry with him because he did not wait for her or the children when he was leaving the church. He said, ”She started shouting on top of her voice that I left her to bring our children home alone. Her grouse was that while she put one of the children on her back and held one, I did not bother to assist or wait for her after the service.”

Ojaelatan however said that Basirat, 32, had been nagging him for two days before then because he did not give her sufficient money, ”She started her trouble two days before that Saturday. I gave her the little money I had, but she kept complaining that it was not enough. I knew that she was preparing for another fight, so I decided to avoid her.”

The native of Ondo State however did not keep to his resolve to avoid his wife that Saturday. He said, ”I got home before her and our children and was lying down on the bed. She said that I would not sleep for leaving our children with her. Initially, I pleaded with her to let me sleep because we had another church service in the evening; but she did not listen. The next thing my wife did was to jump on the bed. She pulled my cloth and tore it into shreds. I can‘t lie against her.”

The father of two said that he couldn‘t bear it any longer at this stage, so he decided to beat her with his brown leather belt. As if dealing with an unruly child, he turned her face down and started to beat her on her bare back.

Ojaelatan said, ”Before she tore my shirt, she locked the door. I was very angry after she tore my shirt. So, I picked up my belt and started to beat her.”

Basirat‘s screams woke up the neighbours in the compound, including the landlord who ran to the couple‘s apartment. According to the landlord, he begged the couple to open the door and he met Basirat crying on top of her voice. He said, ”Basirat said that she was not going to leave her husband until he killed her. I managed to separate them and told my other tenants to take her out of the room while I admonished the husband.”

The landlord was still reprimanding Ojaelatan for beating his wife when someone shouted that Basirat, an auxiliary nurse, had fainted. Both the landlord and the lady‘s husband hurriedly went to the spot. When all efforts to resuscitate her failed, they rushed her to a nearby hospital but she died on the way.

Immediately, the neighbours reported the matter to the police. Then the reality of Ojaelatan‘s action dawned on him. He said, ”I still cannot believe that my wife is dead. I‘m shocked that she died over nothing. If you ask me what the cause of our quarrel was, I can‘t even say what exactly happened.”

That was not, however, the first time he would be beating her, “Even though we were always exchanging words, the last time I beat her was six years ago and I told myself that it will never happen again. I don‘t know what came over me.”

The spokesman of the Lagos State Police Command, Mr. Frank Mba, confirmed the incident and said, ”Basirat‘s cry for help was said to have alerted other tenants who reportedly discovered that the door was locked from inside, thereby preventing them from quickly saving her. Moments later, she became unconscious. She was rushed to the hospital where, unfortunately, she was confirmed dead. We have started our investigations and an autopsy will be carried out for us to know the cause of her death.”

Mba, a Superintendent of Police, added that the deceased had a caesarian operation less than a year ago. ”She gave birth via a caesarian section barely a year ago, and it is possible that she was yet to recover, health wise. But the autopsy will tell us what went wrong.”

The PPRO advised couples to shun domestic violence.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2010
What a husband! Why any sane man would beat up on his wife, or any woman's beyond me.

I feel sorry for the children left behind, God rest their mother's soul.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 04, 2010
@OP
he will then turn around and blame it ALL on the devil. et voila!
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 04, 2010
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by sms4health: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2010
A few minutes of madness causing a lifetime of pain for the whole family.

There is never any right in violence, domestic or otherwise
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by MissyB3(f): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2010
Poor man . . . Poor Woman . . . .Poor Children.

How could man have known that, that usual dose he dishes out to wife in order to
put her in check mode, would lead to her death one day? That day!
An incident that could have be precluded beforehand - Either by wife, walking
away the first time husband raised his hands against her or husband growing up,
realizing that violence isn't the best way to put one's house in order.
Like play . . .Like play, she's dead. Like he said, dead over NOTHING.

Who would blame Woman for nagging? Receiving little or no financial care from
husband, as if that's not enough, temporarily left to take care of both kids
alone, when the hubby could have offered a helping hand to ease the stress. Anger+Anger. Deciding to pounce on and pour out her anger on husband . . .
The upshot is death. ''If you don't kill me, I won't leave you'' has now become reality.

Poor Kids. They had probably watched their mother undergo physical abuse and
heard her repeatedly use the line '' if you don't kill me, I'm not leaving'' .
Now, they will have to forever live with the knowledge that dad eventually killed mum and she's gone. At 32.

I can only hope, that they don't grow up with the ''you must kill me today'' mentality. That mentality of  'you must stay, he will change with time, tolerate the beating,
pata-pata na death go end am but you musn't leave  before that death comes o'. That mentality that encourages abuse.

. . .And That's how abuse is going to be passed from one generation to another and
we'll find it difficult to extirpate it, because I saw mama endure, aunty so-so
also did, I also will and my kids will and their kids will and so on.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by koolprince: 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
family Madness in Africa, shocked
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by bisiaet: 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
He will ends up now to say oh! it's the devil. anufia.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by slap1(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
The things poverty can do.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by oludashmi(f): 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Immediately after vigil she looked for trouble
immediately after she looked for trouble he beat her
immediately after he beat her, landlord came to rescue her
immediately after landlord rescued her, she fainted under her husbands beating
immediately after the fainted, she died
immediately after that, her husband's eyes clears
immediately after that, he tells the history with regrets
immediately after that, he remembered how he had prayed hard at the vigil

Hmmnn undecided
Now he will never raise his hand against a woman but it is too late.
Do you claim to be the head of a house by beating your woman?
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Jeovy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
don't ever beat a lady
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Ranoscky(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
koolprince:

family Madness in Africa, shocked

Ya, family madness in Africa, and so fukk what? undecided

C'mon Zuzu si eba puo osisor, aturu oyibo !!! angry
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by nopuqeater: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
Allah says in the Quran; A bad woman for a bad man. A good woman for a good man. A disbelieving woman for a disbelieving man. A believing woman for a believing man.

Imagine Basirat in Church? And she died as a disbeliever, beaten to death by a man who does not fear his Creator. Yet it was this woman that certified him as a father. Yet it was the same woman that he slept with and enjoyed the mercy and blessing provided from her.

What an evil man.

If I were in authority in Nigeria, his case would have been done. Subhannallah. What a piece of work for a man.

Eyin Obinrin Muslim, e ma fee keferi o, tori pe won ko ni ipaya Olorun Oba. Onigbagbo Ododo ni lati ronti Olorun Oba to Aiye to da Orun. Allah.

Eyin ti e fi Islam sile, e fi oruko Islam sile o.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by zealot4me(f): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
The worst  a  man can  do is to raise his hands over a woman
no matter hw provoked he may be he has to have self control inother to give
the woman all course to APOLOGIZE AND PLEASE HIM after her mdness
so then he will have all d say

dats Y i will always say a man should be  FAST to HEAR, SLOW tp SPEAK
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by pawa4ul: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
In as much as I am not in any way trying to justify the deameaning act of a man beating a woman, women should also know that they are not equal in strength with men. This is Africa, and women should know that they have a limit how to talk to their husbands or other men. In time past you hardly heard this kindly of stories cos the women had total respect and regards for their husbands, but nowadays they don't. They feel they can talk to men their own way cos the man will not raise his hand on them. This onyibo doctrine is actually what is deceiving and destroying our society.
Men, try not to rasie your hands on your wives/babes or ladies generally. Women, don't lead men into temptation.
[color=#550000]
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
HUSBANDS SHOULD TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID ABUSING THEIR WIVES TALKLESS BEATING THEM. LET ME SHARE A STOTY WITH ALL:

While a man was polishing his new car, his 4 yr old son picked up stone and
scratched lines on the side of the car. In anger, the man took the

child's hand and hit it many times; not realizing he was using a wrench.
At the hospital, the child lost all his fingers due to multiple fractures.
When the child saw his father, with painful eyes he asked, 'Dad when will my
fingers grow back?' The man was so hurt and speechless; he went back to his car
and kicked it a lot of times.

Devastated by his own actions, .sitting in front of that car he looked at
the scratches; the child had written 'LOVE YOU DAD'.

The next day that man committed suicide. . .

Anger and Love have no limits; choose the latter to have a beautiful, lovely
life, Things are to be used and people are to be loved,

But the problem in today's world is that, People are used and things are
loved, During this year, let's be careful to keep this thought in

mind: Things are to be used, but People are to be loved , Be yourself, This
is the only day we HAVE. Have a nice day

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character;
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
I'm glad a friend forwarded this to me as a reminder.
God bless you; I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Stay FAITHFUL and Be GRATEFUL

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by hackney(m): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
I will never support any man beating a woman for her nagging because women are born to talk.
However some women really ask for it as they dont know when to sut up.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by bayleaf(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2010
it seems every ten years something bad happens to this man. he was married for ten years after which his wife left him. then he married again and ten years later he killed his wife. i wonder what the next ten years would bring for him.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by MORPHYLEE: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
This is a big lesson for all of us.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Pappij: 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
One wonders what happens to their kids.

A true lesson for all, always keep your temper in check.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by 190: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
From 2day i swaar i would always keep my tempers in check

i always like beating women with belt~
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by saviola77(m): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2010
nopuqeater:

Allah says in the Quran; A bad woman for a bad man. A good woman for a good man. A disbelieving woman for a disbelieving man. A believing woman for a believing man.

Imagine Basirat in Church? And she died as a disbeliever, beaten to death by a man who  does not fear his Creator. Yet it was this woman that certified him as a father. Yet it was the same woman that he slept with and enjoyed the mercy and blessing provided from her.

What an evil man.

If I were in authority in Nigeria, his case would have been done. Subhannallah. What a piece of work for a man.

Eyin Obinrin Muslim, e ma fee keferi o, tori pe won ko ni ipaya Olorun Oba. Onigbagbo Ododo ni lati ronti Olorun Oba to Aiye to da Orun. Allah.

grow up my friend! like wife beating isn't allowed in islam.

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Ranoscky(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2010
pawa4ul:

In as much as I am not in any way trying to justify the deameaning act of a man beating a woman, women should also know that they are not equal in strength with men. This is Africa, and women should know that they have a limit how to talk to their husbands or other men. In time past you hardly heard this kindly of stories cos the women had total respect and regards for their husbands, but nowadays they don't. They feel they can talk to men their own way cos the man will not raise his hand on them. This onyibo doctrine is actually what is deceiving and destroying our society.
Men, try not to rasie your hands on your wives/babes or ladies generally. Women, don't lead men into temptation.
[color=#550000]
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color]

Enuff said !!!

Don't beat your wife ! Don't beat your wife !! Don't beat your wife !!!
But som women would see it as an advantage and dey'll use it as opportunity to do, talk and harras men/husband anyhow ! And when they've been beatin black and blue for dia stuburn behaviour, their next line will be "i no go leave u until u kill me." And that's exactly what is happenin in our society today !

But nuff ques to ask :

what gave d woman d audacity to pounce on her husband on bed and start tearin his cloth without fear? undecided

What gave d man d courage to beat demon out of his wife without knowing dat dey'r not of same strenght? undecided
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by nopuqeater: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2010
Saviola77; « #21 on: Today at 03:25:20 PM »

Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 01:16:25 PM

Imagine Basirat in Church? And she died as a disbeliever, beaten to death by a man who does not fear his Creator. Yet it was this woman that certified him as a father. Yet it was the same woman that he slept with and enjoyed the mercy and blessing provided from her.

What an evil man.

Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by esteelv: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
ALMUSTAQIM:

HUSBANDS SHOULD TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID ABUSING THEIR WIVES TALKLESS BEATING THEM. LET ME SHARE A STOTY WITH ALL:

YOU JUST INSPIRERD A SOUL.
THANK YOU
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by samm(m): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
ALMUSTAQIM:

Real talk!
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
Frustration, tooo bad angry undecided

As for wife beating, pray you don't marry the one with koboko on her tongue, discouragement on her lips and ingratitude for her manners undecided undecided

You wouldn't know when u started beating her sad undecided

Hence my reason for opting to be only a father and not a husband, undecided undecided

Never been married and never will be, and yet a sweet daddy to two lovely sons from different mothers, wink wink
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by wendybaby(f): 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2010
Too bad! cry
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by bawomolo(m): 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
marriage is not by force.

Who would blame Woman for nagging? Receiving little or no financial care from
husband, as if that's not enough, temporarily left to take care of both kids
alone, when the hubby could have offered a helping hand to ease the stress

i didn't know nagging would encourage a man to open his checkbook.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by nopuqeater: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
@Saviola77" Are you a woman beater? And am not your friend. beating your wife to death is not. even beating her harder than lightly is not, too. i dont beat my wife. to kill his wife with his carpenter hand is horror.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by suedoh2006(m): 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
May her soul res in peace.
Re: Man Beats Wife To Death During Domestic Squable by real4jesus: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2010
nopuqeater:

Saviola77; « #21 on: Today at 03:25:20 PM »

Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 01:16:25 PM

What an evil man.

muslim beliver!!!!! i can see you o!!!! abi muslim pagan, hahahahahah! all muslims are pagans take it or leave it, truth be told, no disrespect but it is the truth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby / This Horrible Accident Happened In Enugu State Today (graphic Photos) / Half-Unclad girls go bonkers at Mega Chicken in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.