Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? (2254 Views)

I Just Don't Know What This Babe Think Of Doing This{see Pic}amazing. / Songs That Makes You Think Of Your Ex. / Why Would You Consider A Second Wife ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by nikki4848dd: 4:36am On Oct 04, 2010
I am curious to what anyone thinks on this subject.

Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 5:02am On Oct 04, 2010
Nope, couldn't do it. Polygamy isn't for me [at the moment, who knows. . . I could change my mind in the next 10 years]
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 04, 2010
Ok
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Osama10(m): 5:27am On Oct 04, 2010
What prevents you from being the first wife?
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 5:53am On Oct 04, 2010
Are you asking me or nikki4848dd?
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Osama10(m): 6:01am On Oct 04, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Are you asking me or nikki4848dd?
Thats for nikki4848dd.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Creamish(f): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2010
r u a muslim? if yes . . .carry go.

otherwise, it's left for u to decide . . not us. If ur comfy, watz stoppin u? Keep in mind tho" dat he prolly wont stop @ u. Enjoy being d freshest wifey while it lasts. wink
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by SAGoddess: 9:24am On Oct 04, 2010
I don't want to be anybody's second wife, Muslim, Christian or anything else!
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by okeyxyz(m): 11:56am On Oct 04, 2010
Creamish:

r u a muslim? if yes . . .carry go.

otherwise, it's left for u to decide . . not us. If your comfy, watz stoppin u? Keep in mind tho" dat he prolly wont stop @ u. Enjoy being d freshest wifey while it lasts. wink

True talk. important thg is u know wat u r getting into, after that, it's ur prerogative.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Omolola1(f): 11:58am On Oct 04, 2010
Never! i can neva be a second fiddle to any man~
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2010
I can never settle for a second place whether the person is Muslim or not.

and BTW I am a Muslim.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Tosinville(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
Polygamus family? Never would i advice any single lady to try such cos u'll later end up regretting in some kind of way or the other even about your kids and it isn't certain u are going to be the second and the last wife of his house so don't believe u will get full attention from your husband for life but i'm not here to give any characteristics only for those ones with the good sense to do the math cos i believe many ladies lure themselves into it just because of the MONEY the man(alhaji) has.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by MrCork21: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
thats extra punnny!!! tongue I think its a great idea wink
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:28am On Oct 05, 2010
Nope!
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Tinksh(f): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2010
Im not a muslim but i guess its up to the individual.
No way in hell i would be one of any number of wives. I am a unique individual and fearfully and wonderfully made, not one of many!!
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by babyme1(f): 8:42am On Oct 05, 2010
Not in this life!! Why will i marry a Muslim by the way

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Creamish(f): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2010
@baby.me . .

I believe its called LOVE and d last time i checked, I heard it is BLIND. tongue
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Tosinville(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2010
^^^Thats in your own old skool dictionary.

Love isn't blind this days anymore, love knows what s/he wants and it sees better than greyhound.

Women that involve themselves in a polygamus house have being carried away with money and luxuries the man has.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by nikki4848dd: 4:15am On Oct 07, 2010
Wow interesting thoughts, but I guess it's really up to the individual that is actually involved in this type of relationship.I think there are pros and cons to this type of thing.I've heard someone tell me once.If you never open your mind to all possibilities, then you have never lived at all.Hmmmmm, something to think on,
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by nikki4848dd: 4:20am On Oct 07, 2010
Osama12? Nothing prevents me from being a first wife, actually, this is something that I cannot answer right now, since this is just a question I just threw out into the air.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Iranoladun(f): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Post

Capital NO shocked
What in hell would even make me consider another woman's husband as a man to spend the rest of my life with

Okunrin tan laye ni? Thank God I'm married and even before then I have never considered being a second wife/being in a polygamous relationship under any guise QED
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by ladygaga(f): 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
hell no

but if i would, i ld rather be the last and selfish one tongue wink
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by Nwaka77: 12:23am On Oct 08, 2010
nikki4848dd:

Wow interesting thoughts, but I guess it's really up to the individual that is actually involved in this type of relationship.I think there are pros and cons to this type of thing.I've heard someone tell me once.If you never open your mind to all possibilities, then you have never lived at all.Hmmmmm, something to think on,

What kinda possibilities? So, in this day and age, there are still women who think like you? No wonder Naija is not moving forward. Are you that desperate? With all the STDs out there, you are willing to exchange body fluids with several people? So, if the first wife catches craw-craw in her p.u.n.a.n.i, after your husband is done sleeping with her, he will now pass on the p.u.n.a.n.i craw-craw faithfully to you LOL cheesy But then, what do I know? Its all about opening the mind to all possibilities including STD and AIDS! lipsrsealed Nigeria will hail thee!
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by ismaeel86(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2010
There is nothing wrong in polygamy, i think sometimes it brings healthy rivalry in both wives and sometimes it can be nasty, everything depends on the parties that are involved in this relaionship, if the husband observed justice to some extent among his wives, all parties will enjoy, but on the other hand if the husband want to be just in dealing with his wives and maybe one of the wives is the jealous and wicked one, definately the relationship will go wrong. So in a nutshell polygamy marriage has its pros and cons, but the cons are more than the pros. So one is left with any of the option. Though am not an advocate of it, but i dont see anything wrong with it, itz a matter of choice.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by ladygaga(f): 12:45am On Oct 08, 2010
healthy

did u just say healthy?, there is absolutely nothing like healthy polygamy!!!

all we get is roforofo fight,bad belle and the likes
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by ismaeel86(m): 1:01am On Oct 08, 2010
ladygaga:

did u just say healthy?, there is absolutely nothing like healthy polygamy!!!

all we get is roforofo fight,bad belle and the likes
the healthy i meant is to d advantage of the husband, as d wives will b trying all possible ways to satisfy him, because the wives will b competing among themselves to be the one that the husband will like most.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by tpiah: 5:50am On Oct 08, 2010
people feel second wives get all the goodies while first wives get the short end of the stick, hence some women would rather be the second wife.

however, most times especially in africa, the second wife often sees her junior wives or replacements come in not too long after the honeymoon phase.

africans are not oyibos.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by madlady(f): 5:59am On Oct 08, 2010
Tosinville:

^^^Thats in your own old skool dictionary.

Love isn't blind this days anymore, love knows what s/he wants and it sees better than greyhound.

Women that involve themselves in a polygamus house have being carried away with money and luxuries the man has.

That statement cannot be true.  SOME women enter into such marriages for love.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 6:05am On Oct 08, 2010
Hmmm
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by tpiah: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2010
yes, it's definitely love that makes two, three or more women shack up with a gateman who earns maybe N10,000 a month.

and at the other end of the pendulum, every woman loves a man with money.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by madlady(f): 6:24am On Oct 08, 2010
You could be right, but being poor myself I would rather stick to my level.

@TOPIC, I would have to convert .

If he's religious I would be blessed.
Re: What Do You Think Of Becoming A Muslim's Second Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 6:25am On Oct 08, 2010
madlady:

You could be right, but being poor myself I would rather stick to my level.

@TOPIC, Not against it but I would have to be very comfortable with the guy to convert though.

What do you mean by your level?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omo Na Wetin We Go Do With The Wowo Naija Babes Sef? / MY Ex-is Becoming Increasingly Violent..... / What Will U Do If Your Ex Calls??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.