Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:45 AM

Daily Beauty Rotuine - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Daily Beauty Rotuine (12263 Views)

What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Quitestorm(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2010
LOL @ women going through ALL that ,like,every damn day and half the time we don't even notice any difference.We just want the goods,we just want the goods, grin
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by InkedNerd(f): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2010
Quitestorm:

LOL @ women going through ALL that ,like,every damn day and half the time we don't even notice any difference.We just want the goods,we just want the goods, grin

Lmao, and who told you that we were doing it for you men?
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by browncocos(f): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2010
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by denzel2009: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2010
crusufixo:

@denzel2009

Hi denzel,

I am interested in that colonic irrigators. Every morning, before i take my bath, i try to empty my bowel, but the dam tin wont just come out. The annoying tin is that, it is wen i get to the office and during the heat of work, that is wen i seriously feel like going to the toilet. This could be very embarrassing at times.So i would appreciate it if u could send me these colonic irrigators u mentioned.my email address is everlastinguche@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Yaaaay, I'm in business.

As my first customer,you get a courtesy thong.

BTW, are you a male or female? (very important info. for my irrigators)
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by browncocos(f): 10:44am On Oct 13, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
do we have to pay for this info? grin grin grin
so I should not waste time sending you an email?
I poo everyday but still wont mind the info

btw you have turned this thread to the poo thread grin
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by spikedcylinder: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2010
I wash my face and bom bom as many times as possible. angry
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Evagreenfields: 10:55am On Oct 13, 2010
Abeg,wat does olive oil/coconutoil do for d skin. . .or is it just 4 d glow?m askn cos av got a priti oily skin n am wonderin. . .wont it cause breakouts 4 me?thanks
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by oluite(f): 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2010
mine is very basic.
i wake up,say my prayers,brush,have my bath.i use johnson baby soap for both my body and my face.i use johnson aqueous cream for my body and my face only once in a while.I hardly use anytin on my face any attempt to do so results in massive pimples.no cleanser and whatsoever.i have learnt my lesson.sometimes i use extra virgin olive oil with the cream if i feel like or if the weather is really dry.i repeat same thing at night no cream though.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2010
nne na wa o. All these for women to look good?  shocked grin

Routine . . .
brush teeth
shower - use softer shower gel (the thick ones i can never get to stay on a sponge and foam!)
Roll on deodorant
skip body cream (waste of time except for hands, feet and elbows)
Face cream - the olay regenerist serum works wonders - girls shld try this!
Some powder to soak up the oil on the face occasionally (i blame my mother for this habit)
game-set-and match!

At night
Go to bed of course!

Goal is to keep a healthy and nice body odor - so far so good.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by mukina2: 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2010
mbulela:

insect repellent?
i hope not cos i have some bad news if it is.
Yeah, and its perfectly alright, my doc stamped it sef grin smiley
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by TAOKEN(m): 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2010
Add dis ad dat , na 1 day una face gò burn, cmon try nd b natural.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by billybaby: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
Daily Beauty Routine does not have a one way procedure. It is a thing that differs from one to another and what determined what one needs on his or her skin is the skin type, the complexion and the environment where one exists. There are basically four types of skin; oily skin, dry skin, normal skin and sensitive skin. For those that are really really interested in having the best of skin care, you can easily contact a professional cosmetologist. For those that has none at mind, I will comfortably refer you to one lady I know that is good in that profession. She is the MD of CJ Plus cosmetics. You can contact her on 08033590975 or send her an email on ifyadinnu@yahoo.com.  She is a personality I have had an encounter with and I was fulfilled with what i have after I met her. She did not just recommend the beauty products i need but went ahead to help me get them to ensure I got the originals.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by kemisuga(f): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
Learning lots. May be I will start brushing my teeth in the mornings now grin
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Tolulop001(f): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
^^^^hehehe

of which

browncocos:

In the morning
first things first I have to go to the loo else,  tongue tongue tongue

I though I was the only paranoid one?
I threw out all my colgate dem dem and use Thomas of maines toothpaste

I do cardio/aerobics for 30mins lunges,sit ups,50 press ups and ab exercise that realy helps introduce some happy hormones lol  grin

next I hit the shower
use my ghana black soap and an exfoliating mitt
out I go
use my shea/mango butter mix
I use forever living roll on with aloe vera

on my face I use olay regenerist serum
then olay pro-x with spf or neutrogena spf 90
and am off to go

at night I wash with my ghana black soap again
and moisturise with shea butter souffle

@ OP since you're interested in home recipes

heres how to do the shea butter souffle
get some shea butter in a mixer and whip till fluffy
add some mango butter and whip till it has a consistency of  butter icing
add some aloe vera juice,drops of jojoba oil,sweet orange oil and vitamin E
it might sound like a major project lol but its pretty easy
I make a little at a time since theres no preservatives in it
I like to keep it fresh works for me so am sticking to it.

some days when I remember I wash my face and apply  tomato juice or lemon juice or honey before my exercise
so it stays on my face for 30mins and I rinse it out after exercising

I also do facials myself once in 2 weeks
I pour piping hot water in a bowl,
add a few drops of essential oils of my choice,
I love eucalyptus oil since it clears my sinus
put your head over the bowl and allow the steam to open your pores for 10-15 mins
your skin is baby soft and ready for exfoliation

for exfoliating
I use an aspirin mask
take 3 aspirin add honey ,et it melt and apply as a scrub

I also do honey and sugar scrub
just add some drops of honey and some sugar and apply as a scrub

there you go girl,

i fear u oh! how do u have the time
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Dorammy(f): 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2010
lolzzz MEN!!! they always act as though we are doing too much! how abt them? why dem dey baf at all? dem for leave am na? they use soaps, roll on and all that, y? anyhow u look at it its still done with the intent of looking good. just that for women its a lil different, we add a lil extra because we are "WOmen"

billybaby:

Daily Beauty Routine does not have a one way procedure. It is a thing that differs from one to another and what determined what one needs on his or her skin is the skin type, the complexion and the environment where one exists. There are basically four types of skin; oily skin, dry skin, normal skin and sensitive skin. For those that are really really interested in having the best of skin care, you can easily contact a professional cosmetologist. For those that has none at mind, I will comfortably refer you to one lady I know that is good in that profession. She is the MD of CJ Plus cosmetics. You can contact her on 08033590975 or send her an email on ifyadinnu@yahoo.com.  She is a personality I have had an encounter with and I was fulfilled with what i have after I met her. She did not just recommend the beauty products i need but went ahead to help me get them to ensure I got the originals.

thanks for the contact, bet it ll be most useful to lots of us.

@browncocos wow!! am thrilled but very impressed, thanks so much for sharing.

for me, am trying to stick to a pattern.
wake, pray, brush my teeth, drink a glass of water, bath, cream (cocoa butter all over) still looking for a good face moisturiser to use, use my roll on, make up and go to work.

also use eden apricot scrub (blv me its coooooooooooool) smoothes my face, i also have neutrogen 2 in one mask and wash, wash with it in the morning and mask once a week. nice too. then when i have an event to attent, i use my egg/garlic facials, thats it. dont want to bore u with lots of other stuff i do, but will write abt them all if need be sha. thanks all.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Hauwa1: 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
@jalether

get off the way!!! person no go joke for ya eyes huh, abeg roll over bo angry
what's the biggie abt poos anyway did you see my yansh where the Poo is coming out from?

forgot to add, i do push ups almost every morning.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by InkedNerd(f): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
Evagreenfields:

Abeg,wat does olive oil/coconutoil do for d skin. . .or is it just 4 d glow?m askn cos av got a priti oily skin n am wonderin. . .wont it cause breakouts 4 me?thanks

Both coconut oil and olive oil work as an excellent moisturizer for the skin. For some people, it may cause you to break out for other others its doesn't cause them to break out. For me personally, I've used coconut oil and have broken out. I try to use different brands to see which works the best for me. For now, I only use coconut oil in my hair. Olive oil can be used in the same manner as the coconut oil. I've had moments when I've broken out because of it, but its very rare. When I use both oils, I buy extra virgin/organic/unrefined coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil.  Here are some links about the benefits of both oils:

Coconut oil:
(1) http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1718118/how_to_use_coconut_oil_for_skin.html?cat=69

Extra virgin olive oil: 
(2) http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1826189/the_benefits_of_olive_oil_on_your_skin.html?cat=69

You could also try using jojoba oil as well. It absorbs into the skin very well.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by TeskyMan(m): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
Hummm!!!! This is darm interesting. WOMEN would never cease to amaze me including my wife. Upon all these makeup and makedown, make we MEN no come talk say you fine well well, na wahala be that. I can remember my wife doing all these daily routine in the morning without me telling her that "Hey Iyawo, ori e wa nbe(your head is there) i.e or you are looking very hot", that one mean say No show for me at night be that.

Anyway, think am very lucky with my skin.

Morning - say my prayers, jump into the bathroom, wee wee, poo poo (if the poo poo ready to come out), brush my teeth with Darbur or Closeup Herbal, then take my bath with any soap, kongi, delta plus, joy, lux, Imperial leather(any toilet soap wey my wife stock for house), shikena, No towel, no combing, no lootion, no makeup, just allow my skin dry and off I go. Maybe at times, deodorant.

I tell you my wify sef dey JEALOUS my skin. Anyway, i no say my own na special gift be that. The last time I applied looting was 15 yrs ago, even that time na "adiagbon". Think mine is luck sha. Am always looking glooming day by day.

Night, Jump into shower, listen to NEWS at the same time dinner. When i am ready to sleep,if i remember i'll brush my teeth, if not then jump to bed, ready to sleep. Then, if my wiffy want make we do the thing, i give her sharp sharp and then sleep off,
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by InkedNerd(f): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2010
TeskyMan:

Then, if my wiffy want make we do the thing, i give her sharp sharp and then sleep off,

Lmao, that is an interesting beauty routine grin wink. Abeg, tell me the health benefits grin wink lol
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by denzel2009: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
What's the effect of bathing with Elephant detergent powder everyday?
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Believe me, I don't have an ounce of fat on my body. . .I wish I did sef.

I'm actually a tall (1.85m according to my National ID Card. . .how many feet is that sef? Should be like 6"2 shey?) and lanky dude.

By the way, that's just my morning routine when I dey comot. At night, I just bathe, brush and go to bed.

lol ere ni mo kan n se o.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by MrsSiena1(f): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
@davidylan so you do all that? its good.

Wake up in the morning, have to give my little babe her bath first, her first set of teeth is out now but not ready for brushing lol, I bath her with Johnson's baby body wash with water filled with Johnson's baby oil with lavender. After that I cream her body with Oilatum not using Johnson's baby lotion yet because of baby rashes. I allow her watch me as I go thru my own beauty routine too.
Brush my teeth, Bath with Palmolive body wash I dont use bar soap
Cleanse my face with Clearasil face toner
Exofoliate once a while with Black Opal face mask
Use Olay moisturiser on my body but on my face I use Avon face cream
Use Adidas deodorant sometimes my husband steals it cos it smells really nice.
I love makeup so I don't leave home without it ranging from Avon to Clinique.

At night I do sit-ups and take a shower sometimes soak myself in the bath and pour some lavender oil and palmolive bath creme, use my adidas deodorant and cleanse my face again. I love the colour of my skin right now cos its glowing.

Oh yes I do use homemade recipes on my hair cos it works wonders.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by bkbabe97y(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2010
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by ikamefa(f): 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
:-x
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by FLORAC1(f): 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2010
Mine is veri simple.as soon as i evacuate ma bed,i pray,brush ma 32,hv ma bath wit any medicatd soap(dettol,delta etc)apply ponds oil control.ma hair z always braided so i dnt need any hair moistureza.go skul.play b. ball nd get ma ass bck hme.cook ,watch ma fav. Programme etc.be4 i go 2 bed i wash nd brush.off 2 bed, zzzzz dats it. Note dat cookin,watchn tv re part of d routine. Go check ma profile pic on fbk nd cee hw ma face luk lyk. Chinny miracle obi.AL AM TRYN 2 SAY Z DAT AL DOS chemicals cnt make u luk prity,it hs 2 b Natural!!!simple.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Xionez(m): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2010
Na wa oh!!!!, If a pastor was here, im sure he would post something like "if you dedicate half as much time for your creator, im sure you would be blessed".

Guyz, i hope your timing your woman coz ive already done mine. 3hrs tops. I never get ready for an event a day before- Its on that day i remember to iron my clothes,shine my shoe etc.so that can be in 'sync' with my mum and 3 sis and sometimes my madam. If im lucky[s][/s]lunlucky i get to watch a whole season of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES cheesy
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Xionez(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2010
Na wa oh!!!!, If a pastor was here, im sure he would post something like "if you dedicate half as much time for your creator, im sure you would be blessed".

Guyz, i hope your timing your woman coz ive already done mine. 3hrs tops. I never get ready for an event a day before- Its on that day i remember to iron my clothes,shine my shoe etc.so that can be in 'sync' with my mum and 3 sis and sometimes my madam. If im lucky unlucky, i get to watch a whole season of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by ShyOne(f): 3:15am On Oct 14, 2010
I LOVE THIS THREAD,

Self Care is soooo critical to loving yourself so you can properly love others:

1 - Wash face, use very light, non-greasy facial moisturizer, brush teeth - ALWAYS FLOSS GUMS, Rinse mouth for fresh breath

2 - Bible Lesson Upon Awaking - eases the muscles everywhere - face, back - always promotes YOUTH AND BEAUTY

3 - Drink 2 bottles of Water

4 - Walk 1-2 hours every day - am upset when I have to miss my walking time because of workload with clients (have fast music and headphones-they are a MUST)

5 - Right after walking outside (warm weather/walk inside during cold weather) - I Go to a gym 4 days a week and tone for 30-40 minutes

6 - Vegetables and bananas prevent cancer and disease - ESPECIALLY GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES - my new Nigerian boyfriend has introduced me to eating cucumbers like apples - eating them whole - I am loving this so I am adding that to my daily diet as much as possible as well.  I eat bananas everyday, sometimes twice a day.  I love vegetables and fruit and fill myself on those a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Shower with 2 TYPES OF SOAP - deodorant soap to remove odor - then follow with a good smelling shower gel that softens skin
(Shower twice a day - once in morning after workout and once in evening prior to bed)

Air dry - no towel

love baby oil and body creams (I use different brands)

spray on Gucci Rush Perfume or Oscar De La Rente or Alfred Sung before heading to the office (I love those 3 scents)

Also - I wash my hair once a week as it is difficult to handle because of its thickness and length, I refuse to go to a hair salon and when I wash my hair each week in the shower - as soon as the shower ends - I will let the tub empty and then fill the tub full of water and add baby oil to the tub and soak for about 5-10 minutes then get out and just gently blot myself dry - the skin is soft as a baby's bottom to the touch - WORKS WONDERS

If you have the luxury and can make the time - LIGHT SOME CANDLES right before you submerge to soak - turn on some soft music, turn off the lights, light some candles and get you some "ME TIME."  No worries, your face will glow and you will be beautiful - it is soothing and is therapy

HAIR:
-I don't spend ANY MONEY IN HAIR SALONS - I do my own hair - I am tender headed and HATE BRAIDS AND WEAVE
-I trim the ends of my hair every 3 weeks - it is too long to cut the back myself as I can no longer reach it so I have my mom trim the ends in the far back - don't do it yourself as you will cut it uneven
-I wash my hair with a conditioning shampoo, I use a conditioner directly after washing and leave in my hair while showering and rinse out after showering my body, then I put a leave-in CREAM CONDITIONER in my hair that smells wonderful and protects my hair from breakage - I don't ever wash this out and I let my hair air dry - when pressed for time I will sit under a dryer to dry hair before clipping my hair up for the day - it is rare that I wear my hair down.  I wear my hair brushed back and clipped up - I don't ever let rubber bands touch my hair.
-I perm my new growth every 3 months with "Just For Me" - It is a children's relaxer - strength I use is mild.
-I don't use any heat on my hair whatsoever until it is time for my deep conditioning treatment and hot/oil treatments that I give to myself twice a month and I sit under a hardhat dryer
- I use curling irons and heated rollers maybe ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR during an event that requires me to dress up for possibly a family reunion or Xmas party because heat breaks is damaging to my hair, braids tear it out at the root and around the scalp line, weaves and glue (gross to me) - I tried a weave years ago and the glue tore out my hair and dried it up - NEVER AGAIN
-My hair is always soft and smells really good - I get many compliments on its condition and length when I do wear it down
-At night I wear a silk scarf on my hair and wrap my hair each night - I never sleep with it loose unless it is time for intimacy

I go to a nail salon for a pedicure - twice a month - 30.00 each visit

I do my own nails - I give myself a manicure once a week - nail polish is a girls best friend - red, cream, coral, french manicure, beige colors are the only ones I use

MAKEUP - lip gloss, lip liner, eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow - natural - browns, beige (do not like blue, purple, green) - love natural colors - I used to be a makeup artist for Shiseido and Fashion Fair Makeup Lines and LESS IS MORE - translucent light face powder is all I use - NO FOUNDATION

- I love the Shiseido skin care line - it is Japanese - WONDERFUL skin care products - I use daily for my skin - I have the T-zone - semi-oily skin - my skin is clear - because of exercise and diet and I refuse to wear foundation makeup on my skin it clogs the skin and breaks me out and is horribly oily the liquid and the cream foundation are both gross - I won't use either.

- Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum - WONDERFUL FOR ALL AGES so don't let the "regenerist" name fool you - I LOVE IT

- I use thin fabric shower gloves to wash my face once a week - it exfoliates the skin and I will use a mask on my face for cleansing once a week

- Also use shower gloves on my hands every time I shower - you skin feels so SOFT with shower gloves - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO YOU

****SORRY for going on and on - but this is my FAVORITE TOPIC - it is soo important to take care of yourself - we as women give ourselves so much to everybody else.  I am really focusing on myself even more so now.  How you love yourself shows its face to the world and increases longevity for your self.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 14, 2010
TeskyMan:

Hummm!!!! This is darm interesting. WOMEN would never cease to amaze me including my wife. Upon all these makeup and makedown, make we MEN no come talk say you fine well well, na wahala be that. I can remember my wife doing all these daily routine in the morning without me telling her that "Hey Iyawo, ori e wa nbe(your head is there) i.e or you are looking very hot", that one mean say No show for me at night be that.

Morning - say my prayers, jump into the bathroom, wee wee, poo poo (if the poo poo ready to come out), brush my teeth with Darbur or Closeup Herbal, then take my bath with any soap, kongi, delta plus, joy, lux, Imperial leather(any toilet soap wey my wife stock for house), shikena, No towel, no combing, no lootion, no makeup, just allow my skin dry and off I go. Maybe at times, deodorant.

I tell you my wify sef dey JEALOUS my skin. Anyway, i no say my own na special gift be that. The last time I applied looting was 15 yrs ago, even that time na "adiagbon". Think mine is luck sha. Am always looking glooming day by day.

Night, Jump into shower, listen to NEWS at the same time dinner. When i am ready to sleep,if i remember i'll brush my teeth, if not then jump to bed, ready to sleep. Then, if my wiffy want make we do the thing, i give her sharp sharp and then sleep off,

OMG!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE FUNNY.

Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by HellaBella(f): 11:00am On Oct 14, 2010
-Get up, brush my teeth
-Jump in the shower- I usually use zest soap or dove body bar. Wash my face with clean and clear foaming face cleanser
-Get out of the shower and if I'm wearing contacts I'll put them on once I get out of the shower. Next, I lotion my face with Neutrogena face moisturizer, then put on deodorant (Arrid brand).
-Lotion up with coco butter cream
-Dress up, spray body spray or perfume
-Style my hair
-Time for makeup. I usually keep it simple: M.A.C. Studio fix powder, Revlon eyebrow pencil, chap-stick, and then apply a light lipstick or gloss over the chap-stick.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by naijadiva2(f): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2010
My daily regimen looks long (i posted on the first pg) but it only takes me abt 30 mins to all if not less.

I threw out all my colgate dem dem and use Thomas of maines toothpaste

I use to use Toms of maine but i felt like it was just like all the other commerical toothpaste. Now I use this tooth powder called eco-dent http://www.vitacost.com/Eco-dent-Daily-Care/?bnPageBox=pp_frequentlyboughttogether. Its pretty good. I like it and doesn't leave any weird after taste and cleans better IMO.
Re: Daily Beauty Rotuine by Dorammy(f): 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2010
TeskyMan:

hahahhahahahha! u funny o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Got/want Cute Ankara Styles, Post Them Up! / How To Even Out Your Skin Tone Before Applying Makeup / Wholesale And Retail LA Girl Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.