Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? (15297 Views)

ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike / Is ASUU Strike Still On? / Is ASUU Strike Called Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by savesoul(m): 11:42am On May 08, 2007
please,
does any one knows when ASUU will call off the Strike, am Tired of Staying at home.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by oghos2k(m): 6:05pm On May 08, 2007
i feel yah.but there's yet to be a date for the strike to be called off. we can only hope that ASUU and FG will reach an agreement soon enough and we'll get our asses back to school again. in my opinion, just try and read if you can but its always har and terrible reading at home.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by AGBAMA(m): 6:28pm On May 08, 2007
boy ASUU is going on a meeting wth the federal govt on the 11th or 12th of may 2oo7.so stay glued to ur ait or nta news for dat.okay.sth good will come out that meeting.we pray so.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 08, 2007
oti sunm mii O!, restoration of sanity into the educational sector should be yar'aduas main priority when he assumes office
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by LoveKing(m): 6:32pm On May 08, 2007
savesoul:

please,
does any one knows when ASUU will call off the Strike, am Tired of Staying at home.

After may 29th. preferably in June!
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by Jimiyke(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2007
accounding to a a news in one of our national newspaper, the strike will be called off affter 6months,
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by oghos2k(m): 7:08pm On May 08, 2007
the way some of you guys talk, its like ure enjoying ur stay at home. grin
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by savesoul(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2007
oghos2k:

the way some of you guys talk, its like ure enjoying your stay at home. grin

Its not dat we are enjoying home, but School go hungry you no matter aw you enjoy house grin
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by savesoul(m): 7:22pm On May 08, 2007
Jimiyke:

accounding to a a news in one of our national newspaper, the strike will be called off affter 6months,

Which national news paper? shey No be PM news? Lolz grin
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by laplace(m): 1:07am On May 09, 2007
The FEDERAL Government Negotiation Committee will be meeting with ASUU on May 10. It is believed that the feud which led to the industrial actions shall be resolved then.
I pity fellow young Nigerians who have to stay at home for months because of such actions. I hope potential and prospective employers learn to put such into considerations. Some Nigerian undergrads, though brilliant are too old to be undergrads.
Let's patiently wait till weekend. I hope the cloud will be clearer then.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by chyuzo(f): 10:14am On May 09, 2007
From what i heard,ASUU and Federal govt will be meeting on 10th of may and i hope tthey resolve the problem then.i think we should just pray and God have mercy on NIGERIA.

Let me ask oh!No better way for ASUU to resolve thier problem with Federal Govt rather than strike.i mean this strike thing is so common that a new student going into the university to assume he would spend an extra year or even more than he is supposed to.
God help us sha!
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by exboy(m): 12:18pm On May 09, 2007
men, for me, house is tiring with phcn going on intermittent recess. its a pity particularly for OAU sudents who have been athome well over a month before the general strike and who have exams impending whenever the school reopens. more worrisome is the fact that OAU's resumption depends on ASUU calling off their's then the authorities will then meet on when students should resume. sad
hope something good comes out of the may 10th meeting.
before now, i heard ASUU declared that its only the incoming administration that will adress their problems
God bless Naija students
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by justme3(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2007
The staying at home thing is really fustrating. And to think dat i wasn't done with my exams when the whole thing happened
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by Thesaint1(m): 1:11pm On May 09, 2007
The situation in the nation's education sector is somehow pathetic, it is sad to know that FG couldn't find solution to this ugly menace called strike.

But i will advice that instead of staying at home get busy doing something, even if is not bringing cash, dont be idle and waiting for phcn, dont let the time be a waste but a plus in anyway. I beleive before the end of the month we are going back to school. smiley
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by caustic(f): 1:48pm On May 09, 2007
shocked na wah so this ASUU strike thingy is not yet total abolished ? I thought the idea went extinct years ago na wa for Niger cry
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by spiderman(m): 2:43pm On May 09, 2007
sorry for u guys caught in the cross fire bw ASUU and the FG
wish u the best. wink
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by naijaking1: 3:08pm On May 09, 2007
How to permanently solve ASUU strikes and naija educational paralysis.
1. Kill or reform the NUC. One man should not have power to control all the universities in naija.
2. University autonomy, all of them should not be run the same way. All professors are not created equal, and should not be paid the same.
3. Universities must negotiate staff salary based on market forces, ie locality, demand, and utility.
4. Alumni, parents, and students should play greater role in varsities than FG.
5. Politicians should cut thier link and control to universities.
6. FG. should cut direct interferrence in the affairs of varsities and stick only to accreditation and sponsorship of certain hot and demanding programs, no need to pay the day-day salary of every Tom/Dick in our universities.
7. State universities should only follow federal standards for accreditation, but they should be involved in all ASUU strike.
8. Once we have university autonomy, nationwide strike will be a thing of the past.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by sojiboy(m): 3:21pm On May 09, 2007
helo nairalanders let wait and see .The Fedral Govt and ASUU will hold there meetin tommorow so let us look forward to see whta the reply is.I believe that on the 111114/05/2007 we will start our lecture fully i.so Great Nigeria Student please tell PDP Govt to have Mercy on Us we dont have much time to waste on our studies.We find it dificult to read at home but in school we will do that willing and an IDLE MIND IS A DEVIL WORKSHOP so pls help us out.We re tired of staying at home.
i dey feel You NAIJAKING.I sorry for OAU studentincludin me.Greates Naija student let pray for our country,our universities,our Vcies and our ASUU
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by 2old4that(m): 3:51pm On May 09, 2007
Its about prayers -  for ASUU and FG to reach a favourable conditions.

Its a pity in Nigeria today that,  one only knows when he enters school and not when he would get out; no thanks to ASUU & FG.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by yogun(f): 4:08pm On May 09, 2007
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by Emdion(m): 4:38pm On May 09, 2007
i tire 4 dis ASUU strike sef. uniben should have allow us write d exam b4 joinin d strike. everythin wey i read don commot finish.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by joecooper(m): 7:08pm On May 09, 2007
Na wa for this country!, But it seems they would be holding a meeting with the Federal Govt, because this one wey OBJ say im hand no dey E be like say they want make thre New man make im say.

Nawa for Nija Education

but funny enough all this Ministers pickin and this ASUU Top officers children dont skool in Nigeria so even if we stay at home for Months , they wont be moved at all.

Let All the SUG's in Nigerian Skools kick of the ALUTA!!!!!! angry
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by uyai(f): 7:20pm On May 09, 2007
Don't kill NUC oh! my uncle works there.

Anyway, the education system of nigeria is the reason i'm glad i'm out of there. In the states, the time of your graduation is determine by you and no one else. if you want to graduate in three years then so be it. ( except nursing)

Take heart guys, e go better.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by dezi(f): 9:38pm On May 09, 2007
i hope the FG will listen to this frustrated old men and women{ASUU}.am tried of staying at home and adding weight.
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by dominobaby(f): 4:36am On May 10, 2007
Its really pathetic that things like these are still happening. I'm grateful my school allowed us finish the session's exams before joining the strike. My advice to y'all is that you try and lay your hands on something, preferably acquire a skill, don't laze about, adding weight or just playing around, especially OAU students!
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by sopenz(m): 11:23am On May 10, 2007
am in 2nd med surg unizik,there is nothing like strike in here cos we just concluded our 2nd quiz.jambites am advising u guys to fill in awka in ur next jamb cos i think dats the place 2 be
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by Staind(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2007
Thats a very good question. i wish they wud call it off very soon, i happen to be at ABU, and we finished exams just b4 the strike started. I feel for my brothers and sisters who were unable to finish, don' worry though , yu'll be back to skool b4 u know it. Nevertheless, pls contine to jack oh!
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by sesantek: 12:42pm On May 10, 2007
how are you,
i read your post and i felt for you.well we hope they call it off very soon.i was in your shoes some years back.Had i know i would have used the opportunity to do some other things that can benefit my my when i leave school.
Dont waste time at home, learn a skill that will be useful when you leave school-rememember the jobs are not there.there are so many thging s to learn about how you can make legitimate living at home on the net and some other things you can learn. You can even begin to learn how you can trade in shares.
A word is enough for the wise.
You can visit my site for some education.
www.internetdollars.biz

you can visit my blog for motivation,
www.rockmotivation..com
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by rowlandwhy: 3:45pm On May 10, 2007
What's big thing ASUU is requesting that FG couldnt grant?
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by babadee(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2007
probably when musa starts work!
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by akinwunmi(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2007
abiii oooooooooooo

after 29th of May.ahhhhhhh we don suffer."Glorified Sec Skool" here i come ooooo
Re: When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? by sojiboy(m): 2:36pm On May 11, 2007
I fell everybody dat Contribute to dis room.Every Nigeria Student should keep on praying and Reading.
     Dominobaby I really appreciated your word over OAU Student.
Se SUG cant do anythin when it comes to ASUU problem like dis so Nothin for SUGoooo.
   And for Nigeria Student you only knows when you re Matriculated but but your Convocation date is what you dont know.
Keep o prayin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Zip Code And Postal Code / A Nairalander Graduates/birthday(photos) / OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.