Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating (6231 Views)

Poll: Rate President Goodluck Jonathan

Approve: 40% (156 votes)
Disapprove: 45% (175 votes)
Undecided: 14% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by yusphyno: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
Jonathan case is just like a pregnant cloud that we don't know what it will give birth too, weather cold rain or acidic rain but for now, it look as if things are going fine!!!!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Chuks84(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
I used to be a tentative supporter of GEJ. The other options were inconceivable. The events of the last few day has however, opened my eyes to the kind of president we have. One who seems incapable of making decisions, one who cannot control the people who work under him (patience included), one who surrounds himself with the same old political psychophants. We've had some terrible leaders, but i have never seen anyone as diffident and lacking in charisma like our dear GEJ. The sad thing is that we have to settle for him.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Faeb: 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
Chuks84:

I used to be a tentative supporter of GEJ. The other options were inconceivable. The events of the last few day has however, opened my eyes to the kind of president we have. One who seems incapable of making decisions, one who cannot control the people who work under him (patience included), one who surrounds himself with the same old political psychophants. We've had some terrible leaders, but i have never seen anyone as diffident and lacking in charisma like our dear GEJ. The sad thing is that we have to settle for him.

These lines have been used over and over on NL. They're rather old now.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by houvest: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
I think his performance so far is above average but for certain mis-steps like his handling of the recent bombing, delay in tackling the kidnap menace in Aba, kid gloves on the recent Boko Haram jail break,etc but I rate him above average. OP can also break the polling into segments ie for him to be rated differently in different sectors in other to get a clearer picture of his popularity or otherwise in each sector before reaching a global conclusion.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
This guy many of u r so quick 2 condem,is d best naija has had in a long while.nd al u guys r doin is jst seat back nd talk lyk things r in dem worst state eva.i jst hp some of u r not drunkards.because wen i read ur comments i hav d picture of som1 typin wit a bottle of ogogoro by his side, mr president is trin nd 4 once in ur lyftym on nairaland encourage sombody, hey dnt judge me, i didnt say vote.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by JAZES(m): 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2010
I have never fully trust this guy because right from the word go, i have seen a very selfish person who is always looking forward to politicize everything. We need someone who will put the interest of the nation first, someone who sees himself first as a Nigerian instead of seeing himself as someone from one region first.
HE IS NOT CAPABLE FOR THIS JOB AT ALL.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Emperoh(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
Regardless of what we think he is or is not,
there is only one thing that is common place with all them Nigerian leaders

PERSONAL INTEREST!!
If you think all the issues and propaganda are for a better Nigeria, then i am sorry for us all
they are all fighting for power for their selfish purposes.
PERIOD!!!!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
@CHOSEN04 You voiced my opinion. U r anoda prove that most of us dont just follow the crowd.

@beaf: You are so annoying that u deserved to be banned from this forum. but i guess u r earning your livelihood from the lies u post on this trade dats y u hav dual identity (beaf and faeb) like your master GEJ. with people like u around advising him,  y wouldn't he be committing the kind of blunders he has been committing this past few days!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by sley4life(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
He has done marvelous
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by BrOwnSuga3: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
Its obvious some desperate politicians like IBB and co are out to frustrate Jonathan, they want to make him look like he is incompetent, they want to frustrate all the effort he's made to make this country a better place, Its so obvious these people wants to drag us backward, IBB and co do not want the progress of this country, all that matters to them is how to steal more money and leave us dreaming dreams that will never come to pass. I live in a place were we've not had light for 4 years, immediately Jonathan took over, everything changed, people started asking questions, even here on NL to make sure we are still in Nigeria, people start having light for up to 20hrs a day and everybody started singing his praise, now that some evil people are trying to distract him, you foolish, blind, idiotic, morons, goats, brutes, retarded, bastard, mumu, stupid and weakling nigerians are saying all sorts of rubbish.

NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST FOOLISH PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET

We cannot help ourselves, this rubbish our leaders are doing will not, i repeat will never happen in other countries, yet we cannot do anything about it, we are waiting for miracle to happen,lol our leaders know that whereever they push us to we will go, we are so foolish that we cannot say no to them, anything they do is right, then we will go back to our homes and start grumbling, and somebody thats trying all he can to give us a better nigeria is being distracted by some evil politicians and all you stupid nigerians can do is to join them.

SHAME ON YOU NIGERIANS, SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this country, but I am ashamed of the people that live in it
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by TewMuch: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
Among all of the wolves contesting, Jonathan is less wolf-like than the others. . . He is young, although not so fresh. He will win because Nigerian's want to rebel against these old papa's holding us hostage. He may not be the best, but will win to prove a point. The interesting election will be 2015. We would have gotten better, and better candidates will emerge. i hope a better election system is in place then. Jonathan will also win because he is just lucky, and is in the right place at the right time. Besides what have the 3 major ethnic groups got to show for their dominance? We may need a smaller group to show us the way, as we dont seem to be able to get along. The ND also deserves this opportunity, they have suffered and been exploited very much by the big 3. I may seem a little optimistic, but he will help us get closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. wink
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by MeGaStReEt: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2010
@BrOwn*Suga

you dey vess ooo, shooooo
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by WarfyBoy(m): 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2010
nothing comes easy;

as you dey plan your own, devil self dey one side dey plan evil. but na God get power

There must be chalenges, call it hindrances or obstacles, but the truth is no matter how difficult it seems, we wil get there, Jonathan himself was not expecting a smooth ride, you will always come across obstacles like this one, even Jesus Christ get enemy, but na God get power

to all nigerians, if we allow this opportunity to pass us by, then will have to wait till eternity
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
[size=48pt]Beaf what do you have to say about this now! ehn? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371252.0.html[/size]
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Arysexy(m): 12:39am On Oct 07, 2010

JONNATAN GOOD LOCK needs to get rid of that IBO made cow boy hat b4 I can take him serious, Is he a Cowboy? (No oofeise)
Report to moderator Logged

singing fela's song, animali wia agbada, silly b.uffon!!! go get a life u im.becilic mr cork
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by henchmark: 4:23am On Oct 07, 2010
unfortunately naija has found itself in immense backwardness that a very slight forward movement is so easily laudible.

what i keep asking myself is what has any president done or hope to do that will positively impact on the lives of a greater number(80%) of her citizenry?
at that point it dawns on me that the redeemer of this country hasnt been born, peopls cheering jonathan to me are just been sentimental, just the way i was sentimental on OBAMA to be the US president cos i was tired of BUSH and his gangterism and bullying of smaller nations.

Goodluck jojo hasnt shown he's got a DNA different from the likes of IBB, abacha, obasanjo and yaradua. some say5 months magic? but remember that was how yaradua started, 7 points Agenda,

goodluck naija.

lets not deceive ourselves fellow nigerians, your destiny lies in your hands and not in the hands of any naija ruler otherwise ur doomed.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by kcjazz(m): 5:58am On Oct 07, 2010
Even Nelson Mandela and Gandhi have critics and GEJ is not yet on their level, so people who say he has only been here for 5 months forget something, success always leaves a trace. From OMPADEC to Bayelsa State governor which he spent more than one year, what has been his contribution?
I will vote for him but he is not the messiah. It is not about the age or youthfulness because the IBBs and Gowons were young when they headed this country and see where we dey today? We need a visionary leader thats all. During the CNN interview, GEJ was asked what do you stand for? His answer,
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 07, 2010
what is this obsession with polls now among Nigerians? Is this about copying everything we see on the teevee?
Its not like these "polls" are any use in the Nigerian setting anyway. grin
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by princekevo(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2010
TewMuch:

Among all of the wolves contesting, Jonathan is less wolf-like than the others. . . He is young, although not so fresh. He will win because Nigerian's want to rebel against these old papa's holding us hostage. He may not be the best, but will win to prove a point. The interesting election will be 2015. We would have gotten better, and better candidates will emerge. i hope a better election system is in place then. Jonathan will also win because he is just lucky, and is in the right place at the right time. Besides what have the 3 major ethnic groups got to show for their dominance? We may need a smaller group to show us the way, as we dont seem to be able to get along. The ND also deserves this opportunity, they have suffered and been exploited very much by the big 3. I may seem a little optimistic, but he will help us get closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. wink

Please can you tell me how many youths and fresh blood are member of his cabinate? How many fresh bloods or youths are his advisers. Maybe you think presidency is jst all abt Jonathan and not people he surrounds himself with.
Do you think it would make any different voting in 20year boy who surrounds himself with the same old wine.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 07, 2010
I'm not asking for 5 months magic, and of cos, neither am i asking for a President who approves spending billions on waste bins and more billions importing rice from Brazil!

what next?. . .the president will prob want to celebrate Christmas at some point!

just remembered. . isn't it the same Jonathan that got a 7 billion naira house?. . .i don't want such presidents!

7 billion naira if spent at 200 million will build 35 state of the art schools with the the best technology across the country!

but hey no, our President deserves a good house!

1 billion naira if budgeted for student loans at 10 million per Nigerian child will see 100 million Nigerians going to school in their life time, guess what? we just spent the money on dustbins---quite appropriate you think?

Once again, I'm not asking for miracles, all I'm asking for is a man who is smart enough to make better decisions that will have a better long term value for the average Nigerian, surely, that can't be too much to ask, don't you think?

oh!. . i haven't even stated the amounts shamelessly spent on rice

[size=18pt]Nuhu Ribadu 2011 - Lets make it happen![/size]
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by rasputinn(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2010
[size=16pt]All these investigation of bomb blast should be zeroed on Babagida,he is used to using them.We never heard of killing an individual in peacetime with a bomb,until he killed Dele Giwa with it,now his goons have started with Abuja,with more terror acts planned against our nation and people.They will fail woefully.Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida,for having the misguided,asinine,outrightly silly temerity to utter those outrageously unrepentant and evil assertions in your quest to come and enslave Nigerians again,may God almighty cut your life down so suddenly and may the blood of the innocent people you sent to their untimely graves begin to hunt your useless children(as you yourself have described them) till they get into their own graves[/size]

GEJ >>>>>>>IBB+ATIKU+SARAKI
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by chosen04(f): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2010
greateros:

@CHOSEN04 You voiced my opinion. U r anoda prove that most of us dont just follow the crowd.

Yeap, we all cant have that thief is my kinsmen mentality . . . . .
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Abagworo(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2010
I wonder why some people here refer to GEJ as young.He is older than my father whom I consider old.Rotimi Amaechi is young.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by otokx(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2010
GEJ is human and can make some mistakes but he has my 100% vote.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by 13volts(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2010
My vote is lost GJE

Ribadu just won my vote
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by sayso: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2010
not good enough,but trying sha
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by wakies(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2010
When you read the post of a notherner, you can easily find bias in their write up. For me, GEJ is the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long while. His political uplift has brought hope for the voiceless. Years back i used to think that leadership in Nigeria was meant for, Yorubas, Hausa and Igbos but today GEJ emergence has given light to the Minorities in Nigeria. Lets stop the discrimination and stop using concepts like "MAJORITY and MINORITY" to destroy our country. Even if GEJ brings down heaven to earth, we will still have people who will talk. GEJ is the best we can offer now and for those who say they have lost confidence in him should eat their vote and stop telling us because for every ten of them, there are hundreds who wil still vote him. I'm very sure you wil regret not casting your vote when he emerges in 2011
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by HAH: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2010
sayso:

not good enough,but trying sha

Please can you tell us where he is trying apart from propaganda
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Abagworo(m): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2010
wakies:
Years back i used to think that leadership in Nigeria was meant for, Yorubas, Hausa and Igbos but today GEJ emergence has given light to the Minorities in Nigeria. Lets stop the discrimination and stop using concepts like "MAJORITY and MINORITY" to destroy our country.

Just like your mentor,you just made a misguided and incorrect statement.Your hated IBB belongs to a minority ethnic group much smaller than Ijaw which GEJ belongs.Yakubu Gowon belongs to another tiny ethnic group.Even Abacha's Kanuri is a minority ethnic group.So better go back to school before coming here to comment without facts.Igbo has only ruled Nigeria for 6months and Ironsi's emergence is not unsimilar to GEJ's.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by wakies(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2010
When you read the post of a notherner, you can easily find bias in their write up. For me, GEJ is the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long while. His political uplift has brought hope for the voiceless. Years back i used to think that leadership in Nigeria was meant for, Yorubas, Hausa and Igbos but today GEJ emergence has given light to the Minorities in Nigeria. Lets stop the discrimination and stop using concepts like "MAJORITY and MINORITY" to destroy our country. Even if GEJ brings down heaven to earth, we will still have people who will talk. GEJ is the best we can offer now and for those who say they have lost confidence in him should eat their vote and stop telling us because for every ten of them, there are hundreds who wil still vote him. I'm very sure you wil regret not casting your vote when he emerges in 2011.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by juman(m): 11:19am On Oct 07, 2010
I hate the state of things in Nigeria. We gain nothing being Nigerians. To hell with one Nigeria. No to Nigeria. Yes to Odua nation. Yoruba leaders should negotiate with the federal goverment and let us go. Nigeria is not only a failed state, it's a dying nation. Why do we as yorubas be wasting away in a nation that nothing is working. And nothing will work. WHY don't we go seperately
Please ask yourself, what do you gain being a Nigerian? No light, No drinking water, No good road, No good health facility, scattered education management, ALOT of CORRUPTION, no this, no that. And there is no possibility that these things will be available in next ten - fiveteen years time. Habah for God sake.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by anonimi: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Yet To Decide On Amnesty / BIAFRA IS TREASONABLE / Aso Rock In Tensive Mood Over A Likely Trump Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.