Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa (4707 Views)

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy / . / The Best Or Easiest Way Of Getting A Resident Status In A Schengen Or EU Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa by nedostic: 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
visa dated 01-02-10 to 01-04-10 multiple/single entry,duration 30days. I know its a 90-day visa but what does the multiple or single entry entails likewise 30 days duration? can one stay for 90days within the schengen zone using this kind of visa or max of 30days?I need clarification on it.Kindly throw more light on this.
Re: Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa by Vicjustice: 12:33am On Oct 06, 2010
nedostic:

visa dated 01-02-10 to 01-04-10 multiple/single entry,duration 30days. I know its a 90-day visa but what does the multiple or single entry entails likewise 30 days duration? can one stay for 90days within the schengen zone using this kind of visa or max of 30days?I need clarification on it.Kindly throw more light on this.
   First of all, get it clear that the visa is for two months and not 90 days that you assumed.
   Now, the explanation for the details on the visa is: The visa is valid for 2 months, which means you can use it any day inside the two months period: but you can only stay in the Schengen countries for up to 30 days (inside the two month of the validity of the visa). And as for the Multiple/Single entry, i think you took this out of context, it can't be both, either the visa is for multiple entry or it is for a single entry, but if the visa states that you're allowed to stay for only 30 days, then i doubt it's multiple.
Re: Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa by truphie(f): 1:47am On Oct 06, 2010
So you were given a visa valid for 02-10 to 04-10. However you are only permitted to stay in the schengen zone for 30 days. even though your visa is valid for longer.

As for single and multiple entries, single entry means you can only enter the country once. when you exit, your visa is invalid.

Multiple entry as the name suggests means you can enter and exit the country as often as you like for as long as your visa is valid.
Re: Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa by nedostic: 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2010
sorry i meant 01-02-10 to 01-05-10 for the validity of the visa,three months to be precise but with with a duration of 30 days.is it possible or legal to say over the 30 days duration since its given for 3months? also, can one renew the visa over there in the schengen zone when its approaching the 30-day duration? i want clarification.
Re: Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa by UKman37(m): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2010
to nedostic you can only stay there for a maximum of 30 days, and you cannot renew the visa there, you must apply for a new visa in Nigeria
Re: Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa by tomialph(m): 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
Vicjustice:

First of all, get it clear that the visa is for two months and not 90 days that you assumed.
Now, the explanation for the details on the visa is: The visa is valid for 2 months, which means you can use it any day inside the two months period: but you can only stay in the Schengen countries for up to 30 days (inside the two month of the validity of the visa). And as for the Multiple/Single entry, i think you took this out of context, it can't be both, either the visa is for multiple entry or it is for a single entry, but if the visa states that you're allowed to stay for only 30 days, then i doubt it's multiple.

even on multiple entry visas,it could still be stated that you are allowed to stay for only 30days. this means you mustn't stay for more than 30days on each visit.
Re: Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa by giftedgem(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
SEEKING TO TRAVEL TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:

BELARUS VISA PROCESSED IN 7 BUSINESS DAYS @ CALL FOR PRICE

MALAYSIA VISA PROCESSED IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS WITH A RECEIPT @ COST OF N110K

EGYPTIAN VISA PROCESSED IN 7 BUSINESS DAYS @ COST OF N90K

CALL NOW 08039695651

PLEASE NOTE: NO DOWN PAYMENT

(1) (Reply)

Flights To Anambra (nnewi) / Abuja Bus Terminus In Ibadan / South South As Developed As Lagos And Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.