Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! (4357 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Do Not Handover To Buhari Or Else...niger Deltans Threaten GEJ / GEJ Should Apologise To Ijaws And Niger Deltans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
Shame On All Niger Deltans: If Una Miss Opportunity Blame Yourselves

For decades people of Niger Delta extraction have clamoured to have a shot at the presidency, one of their reasons was that since the region provided the golden goose that provides a substantial revenue used to sustain the nation they should be given a shot at the topmost political office in the land.

For years it seemed at most illusive until by some grand political luck GEJ found himself there. What is most surprising is that the same people who clamoured for this for year are the same people trying to end this. For the first time and in a divine manner 85 % of Nigerian are or is it were ready to vote a Niger Deltan as the most popular president ever in our checkered history but alas like a bad spell the same Niger Deltans have joined forces with the same diabolical no good northerners like IBB that had enslaved them for years.

Would IBB have dare to contest if Yar Adua was alive,  NO. But today out of disrespect for the ND he is and strangely a lot of Niger-Deltans are in his <<IBB's>> support. To be continued.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 12:00am On Oct 06, 2010
We of other extraction have rallied day and night in the hope that a Niger Deltan would at last be elected bt to our suprise Niger Deltans themselve are throwing spanners lies and bombs into the works. Shame on Dokpesi and Okah. Bottomline you guys should know if you use your envious nature to spoil this I will never again reserve my vote and support for any Niger Deltan as i have learnt it is a waste of time and commitment.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by paddylo1(m): 12:05am On Oct 06, 2010
I support u 100%. . it is truley shameful

Instead of them to see the big picture they are arguing over crumbs

The likes of Ibime here is arguing about real MEND ,fake MEND as if that is what matters now. .

what every one needs to do is rally around GEJ for now

when Yar adua was a corpse and ruling where was IBB?

Did he come out and say anything? . . .was it not only OBJ that said the truth?

now he has mouth to talk. . nonsense

like u said if the Ijaw ppl blow their chance na them sabi

although for Nigerias sake i do not trust any of the other aspirants even ribadu
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by sbeezy8: 12:11am On Oct 06, 2010
its not only niger delta its the south in general- niger delta is even worse gon.

too much division in the south - even in the niger delta like odilis and co. If GEJ loses and the lie of Zoning will end in 2015, PDP south will be split I guarantee in 2015 all presidential aspirants in PDP primaries will come from ALL zones( NW-NE-NC-SE-SS-SW) with a Northerner - winning.

thats how it will be
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 12:14am On Oct 06, 2010
Paddy Lo like u rightly said where was Ibb and re tarded Adamu Mumu Ciroma when Yar Aduas corpse was ruling Nigeria
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by chyz(m): 12:21am On Oct 06, 2010
sbeezy8:

its not only niger delta its the south in general- niger delta is even worse gon.

too much division in the south - even in the niger delta like odilis and co. If GEJ loses and the lie of Zoning will end in 2015, PDP south will be split I guarantee in 2015 all presidential aspirants in PDP primaries will come from ALL zones( NW-NE-NC-SE-SS-SW) with a Northerner - winning.

thats how it will be

It doesnt mean a southerner has to be in the PDP to become president.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 12:36am On Oct 06, 2010
@ chyz get real there is only one southerner with a chance now and his name is GEJ. I dnt expect u to understand as i am aware u are in constant conflict with ur own personality and until that is reconciled u will never use logic as a means of deduction in ur thought process
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by chyz(m): 12:40am On Oct 06, 2010
idupaul:

@ chyz get real there is only one southerner with a chance now and his name is GEJ.  I dnt expect u to understand as i am aware u are in constant conflict with your own personality and until that is reconciled u will never use logic as a means of deduction in your thought process

Yawn. Insults, insults,insults,getting old now. Anywayz, I was speaking about 2015 and afterwards not 2011. I am already aware that no other southerner has a chance in winning the 2011 election other than GEJ.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 12:42am On Oct 06, 2010
Ok sorry then i tot u meant 2011
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by chyz(m): 12:44am On Oct 06, 2010
idupaul:

Ok sorry then i tot u meant 2011

No prob. cool
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Ibime(m): 12:59am On Oct 06, 2010
Silly commentary by Paddylo,

First of all on "if Ijaw blow their chance", Okah is not Ijaw.

Secondly, Niger Delta hopes do not lie in Presidency, but in federalism and land rights, issues that Jonathan completely failed to even articulate so far. I may be in minority in Niger Delta by not being a fan of GEJ, but trust that if his previous record is anything to go by, I would rather not have such a man represent my region on National stage. PDP has nothing good to offer Nigerians, much less Niger Delta.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 1:13am On Oct 06, 2010
Ibime hope u know this is the last president your region will produce in this entity called Nigeria .
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Ibime(m): 1:24am On Oct 06, 2010
The way he is going on about it with do or die politics, I don't doubt.

Jonathan as Preso will not put food on any Niger Deltans table anymore than OBJ alleviated the poverty of the Yoruba masses. PDP has nothing to offer, so no need hoping on false Gods. If they are not careful with their do or die politics, this may be the last civilian President for a while.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by MaziUche0(m): 1:35am On Oct 06, 2010
idupaul:

Ibime hope u know this is the last president your region will produce in this entity called Nigeria . 

Region as in "South-South" or the entire Eastern region? Watch your words carefully.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by MaziUche0(m): 1:39am On Oct 06, 2010
If Okah is not Ijaw, then what is he? I know he is not an Igbo, because his name would have been Okahia.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Faeb: 2:01am On Oct 06, 2010
Ibime:

Silly commentary by Paddylo,

First of all on "if Ijaw blow their chance", Okah is not Ijaw.

Secondly, Niger Delta hopes do not lie in Presidency, but in federalism and land rights, issues that Jonathan completely failed to even articulate so far. I may be in minority in Niger Delta by not being a fan of GEJ, but trust that if his previous record is anything to go by, I would rather not have such a man represent my region on National stage. PDP has nothing good to offer Nigerians, much less Niger Delta.

No, my brother, Henry Okah is Ijaw from Ammasoma in Bayelsa.
Also, GEJ doesn't have a bad record, except I'm not aware; so please can you share?
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by MRMoneyE(m): 3:15am On Oct 06, 2010
OPPORTUNITY LOST CAN NEVER BE REGAINED, ONCE THE ND REGION LOSE THEIR BEST CHANCE THIS TIME AROUND
FOREVER THEY BECOME SPECTATORS
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by naso2(m): 8:38am On Oct 06, 2010
@idupaul , paddy_lo, sbeezy8

I sincerely thank all of you for  feeling our pains at this time. If this chance burns, we all know that the ND will burn, and when the ND burns then Nigeria burns, its as simple as that. All these politicians that have collected money to scuttle this chance do not even know what they are toying with.  I all need GEJ to  really really talk less that is his only small flaw for now.

Ibime:

The way he is going on about it with do or die politics, I don't doubt.

Jonathan as Preso will not put food on any Niger Deltans table anymore than OBJ alleviated the poverty of the Yoruba masses. PDP has nothing to offer, so no need hoping on false Gods. If they are not careful with their do or die politics, this may be the last civilian President for a while.

What? did you actually say this? very very very untrue.

As touching the call for true federalism as against having a south south president. i just laugh at this idealistic claims. How and who will give you true federalism now with the present composition of the NASS? The SS delegates to OBJ's hurried national conference could not even convince other delegates why derivation should be moved to 25% . where you not in this country?

A SOUTH SOUTH  president is 100 times easier to get than true federalism. If jonathan  gets 4 yrs and the SS see no changes , then he would have confirmed that the SS is actually cursed. With the present composition and revenue generation capacities in the country, you cannot and I repeat cannot have more than 8 of the 36 states supporting true federalism. It will surprise you to find that even in the nearby SE, not more than 1 state will suport it.

If getting the ss to produce the president is so difficult and some are saying we should chase true federalism instead I will only ask a question from the bible:
" if you get tired in a race against people, how can you possibly run against horses? If you fall in open fields, what will happen in the forest along the Jordan River? " Jer 12:5
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by KnowAll(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2010
[b]The South-South can still produce the President if it all goes by merit. That is why it would be nice for JEG not to get the PDP Primary ticket,  by him not getting it,  JEG would have known he has been stiched-up by a lot of Governors who promised heaven and Earth.

To get his pound of flesh back from those back stabbing Govs,  JEG should throw his weight behind Ribadu making sure those Govs fail either in the primaries OR in the General elections paving way for a clean sweep for the opposition. I am not insiniuating he should temper with the election results, but the benefit of hindsights and an indept analysis of what transpired in elections, by talking to ordinary men and women on the streets has shown most of those pitiable Govs are riding on an unfortunate and stolen ballot.

Just like Ghana, the opposition party would take over in Naija,  that alone would usher in a new dispensation where merits would be the order of the day,  where also substance and important issues are debated. People like Donald Duke a South-Southerner who has proven his mettle b4 would have a chance of ruling Nigeria when the reasons for running becomes what you have to offer the nation as suppose to what the nation has to offer you OR better still where you come from zonally
.[/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Ibime(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2010
@ Beaf,

I thought you were the one who told me that Okah na Urhobo man? I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

@ Na so,

No one is juxtaposing Federalism against Presidency. However I assure you that likes of Ribadu will do more for your home state of Bayelsa than GEJ himself. Can you tell us of any GEJ achievements in Bayelsa except looting the state dry? If Timi Sylva should run for Preso today, should we be expected to vote for him also based on tribe?
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 06, 2010
this is why i said obj fked the nd over when he picked gej as umya's vp

there were several more charismatic people he could have picked

donald duke comes to mind - even liyel imoke, though i personally have issues with that mans handling of phcn

matters are made far worse with gej's village chief wife

for me, gej is the one shooting himself in the foot. his kinsmen in the nd are also not helping matters

this is the real reason why the north has been in power for as long as it has. unlike all the other tribes, northerners do not Bleep each other over - though this may be open to dispute-  but you gt the idea
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 10:02am On Oct 06, 2010
@ ibime who told u Nigerians want to vote GEJ based on tribalism . Am i frm south south
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Moves: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2010
@ Ibime, I think you are missing the point of the Argument, An SS President is an Oppurtunity that has presented itself , Should the ND discard because of an agitation for True Federalism and Resource Control that is no closer to being achieved since 1980's, Like others had said, Whilst Yardua was dying non of the socalled Northern Leaders spoke up, they allowed us to be ruled by the a dying man because he is one of them and they stood by him in unity, one wonder the north ruled nigeria for so long, cos they are less divided than the south, There is nothing to say that an Atiku or IBB presidency will benefit the SS more than a GEJ presidency, And going by IBB past , It is even more highly unlikely, So I would rather test GEJ than any of IBB or Atiku or even Buhari cos this guys have had the oppurtunity to better the ND and solve the ND issue,
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Gbawe: 10:47am On Oct 06, 2010
idupaul:

Paddy Lo like u rightly said where was Ibb and re tarded Adamu Mumu Ciroma when Yar Aduas corpse was ruling Nigeria

You and Paddy Lo are displaying the bias against the North , along with Jonathan's naive bully boy tactics, that will see power return to the region next year. As things stand , I doubt that jonathan can even win the PDP Primaries let alone retain his position next year. It is outright fallacy from Paddy Lo that  "was it not only OBJ that said the truth?". You both talk about IBB and Ciroma , as if they represent the North, while you totally fail to highlight that many Northerners spoke up in defense of Jonathan. Buhari, Col. Umar, Balarabe Musa, EL-Rufai, Ribadu and many others all asked for power to be transfered to Jonathan. The risk with this type of thread is how it will backfire to lose Jonathan support because , increasingly, Nigerians will think that Jonathan winning in 2011 is more about the agitation for an Ijaw Presidency , even if that individual may be disastrous for the entire nation, rather than the search for the leader that will make Nigeria work for all Nigerians.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by princekevo(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

I support u 100%. . it is truley shameful

Instead of them to see the big picture they are arguing over crumbs

[b] what every one needs to do is rally around GEJ for now

like u said if the Ijaw ppl blow their chance na them sabi

although for Nigerias sake i do not trust any of the other aspirants even ribadu[/b]
Are we now suppose to rally around Jonathan jst becoz he is Ijaw or becoz he is ND, Instead of supporting him only becoz he can bring the change we need. If you have the same mindset of supporting a candidate becoz he is from clown or region, instead of his credibility, what then makes us different from the north? Even if jonathan is from my family, i would never support him unless am fully convinced of his ability to make the change we really need.

Am suprised that people i used to read their post and believe we still got hope of a better Nigeria suddenly became blind supporters of evil, becoz the evil now is from their community, and they suddenly believe it could turn out to be good overnight.

My question to all of you blind supporters, is Jonathan the best that the whole south south  could produce as a president? If you guyz think he is then big shame us, but if he is not then we all have to go back to the drawing board and select the our best from SS who can bring that change Nigeria need.
Rallying around Jonathan jst becoz he is an Ijaw or from SS, not becoz am convinced he can deliver is what i can not condescend myself to do. In the first place He was never selected by the SS as our best, rather he was personally selected by an individual who is an enemy of that region for VP. So why should i be worried abt giving my mandate to someone i never chosed in the first place?

@poster
I will prefer SS to lose the opportunity if we cant unanimously select the best to voting one out of sentiment who will later drag the name of the whole SS into mud, just like the North had done to their region.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 06, 2010
@poster, From your write up, you seem to be alluding to the fact that any region whose son holds the presidential post is a winner. hence inherent benefits. This to me is informal zoning, yet am sure if you are not one of the people shouting against PDP's official zoning. Is it not better to officially accept zoning, instead of playing to the gallery.

How did you come to the conclusion that the resource control Clamour in the Niger Delta equates to a clamour for Presidency. Do you think once they are presidents they get resource control. Or is the presidency not rather a case of giving them some sugar to lick instead of the farm land they asked for. Do you really think GEj's presidency will kill the clamour for resource control in the Niger Delta if Nigerian Assemblies do not reverse the law that was decreed by Northern Coup plotters?

I believe not every tribe in Nigeria is comfortable with occassional opportunity to steal from the national coffers once in a while. Some people would really love a situation where they spend their time worrying about how to improve their economy, expand their international relations, do business in other countries, reduce infant and marternal mortality rates, reach the moon, colonize mars, build future transportation systems like MagLev trains, develop ever improving educationals systems just like CHINA, INDIA, BRAZIL, US, GERMANY ETC.

Some people are just tired of debating about which tribe should hold which position, and how to share the meager proceeds from oil, or shouting when one tribe perfects a plot to siphon the same meager oil proceeds. Some people would just like to function like a nation of intelligent human beings with self definition, who love their environment, love their land, and are not weary of other tribes but ready to do business with them. Those people are looking beyond who sits in Aso rock to either Nigeria getting better or ending here so we can have some sanity!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by chyz(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2010
Gbawe:

You and Paddy Lo are displaying the bias against the North , along with Jonathan's naive bully boy tactics, that will see power return to the region next year. As things stand , I doubt that jonathan can even win the PDP Primaries let alone retain his position next year. It is outright fallacy from Paddy Lo that  "only OBJ said the truth" . You both talk about IBB and Ciroma , as if they represent the North, while you totally fail to highlight that many Northerners spoke up in defense of Jonathan. Buhari, Col. Umar, Balarabe Musa, EL-Rufai, Ribadu and many others all asked for power to be transfered to Jonathan. The risk with this type of thread is how it will backfire to lose Jonathan support because , increasingly, Nigerians will think that Jonathan winning in 2011 is more about the agitation for an Ijaw Presidency , even if that individual may be disastrous for the [b]entire nation, rather than the search for the individual that will make Nigeria work for all Nigerians. [/b]

I agree with the bolded. GEJ's presidency seems to drawing upon ethnic lines. To many of us non-Ijaw nigerians, president jonathans reference to the Ijaw as "My people" was a terrible statement. It left many of us nigerians to believe that as a president of the country,he still doesn't us as his people also. Of course we all know the severity of him excusing MEND from the ABJ bombings so that need not be discussed. As each day passes he seems to be making all of the wrong moves. Inviting ex-militants of Ijaw ethnicity into Aso Rock was a very very misguide and foolish move, no president in their right mind would do that. It's like And Igbo president inviting MASSOB to Aso Rock for talks, or a Yoruba president asking OPC to come for talks, not a good look. GEJ must understand that nigeria is a country where tribalism is still at its pinnacle, many ethnic groups of niger-delta extraction such as the Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Yoruba sub-group, Igbo sub-group have always have been a while in worries about the aggressive expansionism of the Ijaws. This has led to many wars and bad blood is high amongst them. Jonathans move of inviting the ex-militant leaders is only make these fears more solid.

However, GEJ's only savior is the fact that we southerns are only left with a choice of  GEJ or IBB. Had it been another popular southerner or even northerner, GEJ's chances would be gone.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2010
The only person that can defeat Jonathan is Goodluck. Over the past week he has shown that a to be a President you require much more than just good fortune. He is showing signs that he is does not reach the standard of being a good president. When he eventually wins, I am sure history will judge put him in the league of the Shagari's of Nigeira. Dull and uneventful

I still believe that Goodluck will still win the election, not be cause he is a good candidate but because he has poor opposition.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Gbawe: 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
KenGali:

I believe not every tribe in Nigeria is comfortable with occassional opportunity to steal from the national coffers once in a while. Some people would really love a situation where they spend their time worrying about how to improve their economy, expand their international relations, do business in other countries, reduce infant and marternal mortality rates, reach the moon, colonize mars, build future transportation systems like MagLev trains, develop ever improving educationals systems just like CHINA, INDIA, BRAZIL, US, GERMANY ETC.

Some people are just tired of debating about which tribe should hold which position, and how to share the meager proceeds from oil, or shouting when one tribe perfects a plot to siphon the same meager oil proceeds. Some people would just like to function like a nation of intelligent human beings with self definition, who love their environment, love their land, and are not weary of other tribes but ready to do business with them. Those people are looking beyond who sits in Aso rock to either Nigeria getting better or ending here so we can have some sanity!

Thank you for your truly Nigerian perspective. It is refreshing to see that insightful Nigerians still exist who see what they need to see. It is dissapointing to see Nairlanders , erstwhile credited with intelligent reasoning, talking like crude local champion because of a blind desire to see their kinsman become President ahead of the notion that , at this stage, Nigerian must gain the best man for the Job to ensure our progress and survival as a Nation.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Reference(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
This is perhaps the most important post to date on this unfortunate few days. I am not surprised the President has this much opposition from within. OBJ's presidency was supposed to placate the west for June 12. Granted many felt he was not the best person (and opposed him within and outside his party) and his presidency wasn't an overwhelming success, one thing is very clear, it has created the opportunity we see today (a southern presidency in succession). This is the crux of the problems we see today. Some northern politicians feel short-changed by the Yaradua presidency and would want to taste not just smell power. Secondly they feel if certain grounds are broken it might quickly snowball into the outright rebalancing of the entire national scape. All southerners, west, south and east should realise that GEJ's presidency is not about him (as OBJ's presidency was) but about breaking certain grounds. I for one am under no illusion that the utopia we all seek will be gained in one or two presidential terms but the reality is that those who felt untouchable are now touched and those who did not have a voice now have one. We may feel for instance that the appointment of a COAS from the east is no big deal but if we can hear the secret conversations of the 'owners' of this we will realise just how big a change this is. Things will change, they may move slowly but change is inevitable. Let us not scuttle it now. I tell you no one wants unnecessary violence and bloodshed so why don't we rally round to support this man. To those members of MEND that stand against the South-South presidency do not put yourselves in a quandry IBB cannot develop the Niger-Delta better than your son could. He had his chance and failed to do nothing. If in the twilight of a South-South presidency nothing has been done you then you have a case. My dream is having the south united the way the north is then anything is possible.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by info2009: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
Whether the north likes it or not jonathan is the choice for 2011 presidency.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Youngichou(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2010
The fact and truth is that NIGER DELTANS dont need incapable, sluggish people like Gej as a leader. Am a niger deltan and i know what i am say. They belive he is very uncapable. Before i log out this goes to beef, pls dude keep quiet and dont reply me when you see this post. Because when i log in soon. I will destroy you finally.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Main Reason For The Emergence Of Boko-haram / Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu / President Barrack Obama Of United States Of America To Visit Akwa Ibom state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.