Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search (1937 Views)

How To Change My Nairaland Username / 3 Funniest Nairaland Username! / What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search by uspry1(f): 10:07pm On May 08, 2007
Seun

Tell me how can I search for NL username on search quickly in order to read his/her own profile (user is not present online). I can't use your members list directory that has too long to search finding them.

The reason i ask is because i get pop-up Yahoo IM greeting from those NL member saying hello , from Nairaland.com. I have to double-check who they are as they claim Nairaland member due to 419er i don't trust with.

Thanks,
Uspry1
Re: How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search by cuteass1(f): 11:03pm On May 08, 2007
Well hope i can help, even if only to a point

What i do: is, I type the person's username on the "www.nairaland.com search" which is below every nairaland page, then a page(s) comes up with the "username's" participation on nairaland

Anyways its always either a thread they've participated on , or someone addressing them or quoting them. Eitherway, click on either of them, scroll down on the particular page/thread till you see the username doing the talking and TALA!!!!!!!! wink

Donno if i made any sense lol undecided grin grin
Re: How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search by uspry1(f): 12:53am On May 09, 2007
@cute-ass
Yes I have done that what you mentioned posting above. Mostly it works except for only I receive errors saying "Did you mean: XXXXXXXX"  on nairaland search after entering person's username. That annoys me.

The person whom username on YIM insists me that he/she is official Nairaland member.

I prefer use members list that are sorted by usernames in order to click the letter[A-Z] finding proper username to click its hypertext. Seun chose using members list that are sorted by # of posts.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/action-mlist/sort-posts.html
Re: How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search by cuteass1(f): 1:23am On May 09, 2007
@ uspry 1

I get what you mean, but anybody that is a member should appear on the search page, now if you don't get any helpful information after you've searched, tell the person to "copy and paste" a link of their activeness, somewhere they've been active or their profile!!

Now if the person isn't willing to prove themselves to that extent, then they might just be lying wink
Re: How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search by uspry1(f): 6:11am On May 09, 2007
@cute-ass

thank you for answer. No problem!
Re: How To Search Nairaland Username Using Quick Search by Cyril44: 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
grin

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No / Reality 101 Can You Please Tell Me Why You Can't Leave Me And My Nose Alone? / Am Looking For YOU!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.