Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk (3089 Views)

Lil Kesh To Leave YBNL Before End Of Next Month / Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records / Olumofin Brothers Asked To Leave Toolz & Tunde Demuren's Wedding; They Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by MrsSiena1(f): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2010
Former X Factor hopeful Gamu Nhengu, who was booted out of the show despite being a huge hit with fans, is facing deportation.
The family of the 18-year-old singer has had its application to remain in the UK rejected.

They have been told to leave the country voluntarily or face being deported back to their native Zimbabwe.

Gamu came to Britain five years ago and was allowed to stay while her mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, completed her university studies but the visa has now run out.

A UK Border Agency spokesman said: "Ms Ngazana's application (for residency) did not meet all of the conditions for approval.

"Her family, who had applied as her dependants, were therefore also refused.

"Where people are found to have no right to remain in the UK we expect them to leave voluntarily."

Her mother, Nokutula Ngazana, however told Sky News she had had no official contact from Whitehall officials.

"I don't know anything about this. All I know is what I am being told by the media," she said.

Gamu remained at home with her family at Tillicoutry in Central Scotland but didn't respond to questions from reporters.

Asked if she would be performing on this weekend's X Factor live show as a 'wild card' entry, her mother replied: "No, I don't know anything about that."

Gamu was axed from X Factor when judge Cheryl Cole left her out of the final group of 12 contestants.

A Home Office spokesman said the decision to axe the student was the business of the show.

He could not say whether Cole had come to her conclusion after talks between immigration officials and programme bosses.

Since Gamu was kicked off the show, more than 200,000 people have signed up to a Facebook page called Gamu Should Have Got Through, protesting at the decision.

A small crowd of supporters have gathered outside Gamu's home.

One, Gillian Fyvie told Sky News: "We're here for Gamu.

"I felt disappointed she didn't get through in the competition.

"I don't want her to be deported because she's a great singer and she's been here for five years; she's a good mate and a good citizen."

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101006/ten-x-factor-reject-gamu-ordered-to-leav-8a3eada.html

Its quite sad though. She was very good
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by inme: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
sad sad sad
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2010
Very sad. sad The shows organisers knew Gamu's status when she first applied. Why did they then not only accept her entry, but allow her to come so far? I heard her sing, her voice needs to be heard to be believed. The girl selected in her place was nowhere as good.

Now X Factor would like us to believe their decision had nothing to do with her status? Yeah, right! angry
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by MrCork21: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
Big Deal, She aint even light skin, She not gots Nyansh and she look IBO (no oofeinse)
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Cute500(f): 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2010
Mr-Cork:

Big Deal, She aint even light skin, She not gots Nyansh and she look IBO (no oofeinse)

Oii, You!! Mr Cork or wateva u call urself,wats dis insane obsession all about?every post i read on nl,ur either sayin d girl is ugly,not light skin,yansh or wateva. U need to do sumtin beta wit urself and stop wasting nl forum space.kmt.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Dolemite(f): 11:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
Cute500:

Oii, You!! Mr Cork or wateva u call urself,wats dis insane obsession all about?every post i read on nl,your either sayin d girl is ugly,not light skin,yansh or wateva. U need to do sumtin beta wit urself and stop wasting nl forum space.kmt.
Just ignore the forum idio.t. undecided It thrives off the attention we give it, if we all ignore it, it'll go away.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Lacrissa: 2:51am On Oct 07, 2010
Mr-Cork:

You suck!!!!!! n definitely tooo dry. This is irritating. R u trying to be funny or sumthin? undecided
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 07, 2010
nothing the show can do if she doesnt have a valid permit to work in the UK.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Mobinga: 3:46am On Oct 07, 2010
cry
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by gestapo(f): 4:13am On Oct 07, 2010
davidylan:

Exactly.

Plus her dependant visa could potentially be revoked because she needs a different class of visa to work in the performance section industry as an actor, singer, etc

Plus her presence on the show could have meant she would be doing more than the 20 hours maximum allowed to students.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by hackney(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2010
Mr-cock is back.
YIPEEEE! !  (NO OFFEINSE)

To be fair, if one does not have the appropriate permit then they
have no right to stay.
Not sure about the intricacies of stay or no stay but lets call a spade a spade.
chikena.

(though i wonder how makosi was let to stay despite being in a similar situation at the time)
not sure sha o.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by ada24: 11:12am On Oct 07, 2010
hackney:

Mr-cock is back.
YIPEEEE! !  (NO OFFEINSE)

To be fair, if one does not have the appropriate permit then they
have no right to stay.
Not sure about the intricacies of stay or no stay but lets call a spade a spade.
chikena.

(though i wonder how makosi was let to stay despite being in a similar situation at the time)
not sure sha o.

that was under a Labour govt times are a changing now, anyway blame her mother - she should not have been claiming any benefit knowing she as under some sort of immigration restriction, and to top it of now followed her daughter on NATIONAL TV.

chei i bet the uk border force will send her a thank u letter just for doing 75% of their job.

why that skinny crack head lookalike went thru is beyond me and don't get me started on that fame hungry blonde
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by omar22(m): 11:42am On Oct 07, 2010

The show has said that her status had nothing to do with her not going through

which shows that the show is been fixed!!!
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by thameamead(f): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
ada24:

that was under a Labour govt times are a changing now, anyway blame her mother - she should not have been claiming any benefit knowing she as under some sort of immigration restriction, and to top it of now followed her daughter on NATIONAL TV.

chei i bet the uk border force will send her a thank u letter just for doing 75% of their job.

why that skinny crack head lookalike went thru is beyond me and don't get me started on that fame hungry blonde

The top priorty of the CON-DEM government is the economy and immigration, her mum should not have claimed £16,000 in benefits, i hope every1 on a working visa and claiming child and family tax benefit would learn from Gamu and her family and STOP IT NOW. By the way, if 've got seletons in ur closet, u don't appear on TV.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by MrCork21: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2010
Madam, Your justification is not Sacristifative and your Sacristifative is not Justifayable,,period!!
1, are u aware she ugly? (no ofeinsee)
2, are you aware she need face surgery and not plastic surgery?(no ofeinsee)
3, are u aware she aint light skin (no ofeinsee)
4, are u aware she aint even as preeety as you? (no ofeinsee)
5,, are u aware her eye balls change from yellow to red, when she sing?
5, WOrse of all, are u aware she gots NO Nyansh?, NADA??(no ofeinsee)

So tell me, how are we supose to buy her record if she gots NO nyansh?
I recomend she back go to Simbabwe, bleach & then come back with heavy Nyansh, period!!
You need Nyansh & Light skin in the music buciness.
I rest my case!!! (no ofeinsee)
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Cute500(f): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
Mr-Cork:

Madam, Your justification is not Sacristifative and your Sacristifative is not Justifayable,,period!!

So tell me, how are we supose to buy her record if she gots NO nyansh?
I recomend she back go to Simbabwe, bleach & then come back with heavy Nyansh, period!!

SEEMS THIS DUDE'S THINKING IS WAY BELOW ''LOW''[color=#006600][/color]
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by spikedcylinder: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
"I don't want her to be deported because she's a great singer and she's been here for five years; she's a good mate and a good citizen."

This is laughable! She shouldn't be deported because she can sing? grin grin grin cheesy
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2010
I don't get it though
Why did the mother allow her daughter go on that show in the first place??
Now see where its ended.

They simply gave Sarah Palin Cheryl Tweedy (Cole) and her team something to latch onto.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by hackney(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
Mr-Cork:

Madam, [b]Your justification is not Sacristifative and your Sacristifative is not Justifayable,,period!!

So tell me, how are we supose to buy her record if she gots NO nyansh? = na nyash dey sell record ooo! ; tell them!!
[/b]

MR-cork, man! ! !
you make my day for shizzle.
carry on jare! !
not all those over-serious flat-nyashes (no ooffeinse)
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by MrCork21: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2010
People like CUTE500 havs no clue about entertainment industree. Its all about light skin women with

big Nyansh, 4real. The chick neeed to be deported and come back next time she light skin (no oofeinse)
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Briareos(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2010
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Briareos(m): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2010
Dolemite:

Just ignore the forum idio.t.  undecided It thrives off the attention we give it, if we all ignore it, it'll go away.
Dolemite, I nid to discuss somethings with you. Will you give ur email address? I promised it aint personal!
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by thameamead(f): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2010
OMO IBO:

I don't get it though
Why did the mother allow her daughter go on that show in the first place??
Now see where its ended.

They simply gave Sarah Palin Cheryl Tweedy (Cole) and her team something to latch onto.

u are a bloody clown smiley smiley smiley, come to think of it Sarah Palin is the equivalent of Cheryl Cole in showbiz terms, they are both darlings of the right-wing press, they are both clueless, dull, pretty but with a good PR team behind them.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2010
thameamead:

u are a bloody clown smiley smiley smiley, come to think of it Sarah Palin is the equivalent of Cheryl Cole in showbiz terms, they are both darlings of the right-wing press, they are both clueless, dull, pretty but with a good PR team behind them.
LOL
Honestly, the deification of Cheryl Cole is just mind boggling.
She isn't good at any one thing yet she is the 'darling of the country'

Cor Blimey!
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by spikedcylinder: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2010
I suppose she's a darling 'cuz she got cheated on.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by MrCork21: 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
GAMU is very ugy. She really need to bleach and come back light skin. 4real

Her Nyansh also need serious Medical attension (no ofeinse)
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by manmustwac(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
She should be allowed to apply for her HSMP as a talented singer coz she'll make a good entertainer and the vast majority of people want her to stay.
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by thameamead(f): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2010
OMO IBO:

LOL
Honestly, the deification of Cheryl Cole is just mind boggling.
She isn't good at any one thing yet she is the 'darling of the country'

Cor Blimey!

The right wing media knows she can't sing but like her because she's the only woman in the world whose husband cheated on her. grin grin grin
she's a lucky girl who married an over paid footballer to become more famous. why are the likes of Will.i.am, 50 cent singing her praises, they all make me sick, she's a clever girl, she's cunny, she's using Will.i.am to furher her career in the states but it's shame they can't see she's using them once she gets famous in America, she would dump them and move on. she's aaking for £4M as settlement from Cashely Cole and the right wing press have tried not to report it but if it had bn another gir, they would have called her a gold-digger,
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by thameamead(f): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I suppose she's a darling 'cuz she got cheated on.

i don't remember the right wing press feeling sorry for the Nigerian cleaner she attacked a couple of yrs ago, she's refused to appologise sayiing thats' how she was bought up. Hmmm. one rule for a white cheryl cole and another rule for the likes of HELL Hadji Diof opps El Hadji Diof, Marlon King, i don't want to play the race card but the media
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by KennyG6(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2010
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by thameamead(f): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2010
Re: X Factor Reject Gamu Ordered To Leave Uk by manmustwac(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2010
well if she manages to sort her visa out she can enter britains got talent or next years x factor because the 200'000 people who backed her on facebook are bound to vote for her to win either show and prove that the racist Cheryl Cole got it wrong. angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rihanna Now Into Women? See Photo Of Her, Spotted Making Out With New Girlfriend / Pictures Of The Alaafin Of Oyo Shopping With His Four Wives In London / Oluchi Onweagba-lucas Celebrates Her 35th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.