Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer (56180 Views)

Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by AloyEmeka5: 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2010
[size=14pt]Once under-the-bridge tenant, this pastor now empowers the poor [/size]
From HENRY CHUKWURAH, Port Harcourt

Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Are you one of those about giving up on life because of seemingly endless rough times?

The story of Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere, General Overseer of Omega Power Ministry Worldwide (OPM) is likely to provide the needed tonic that will ginger you to call the bluff of life’s challenges and succeed.

The clergyman’s life experience and eventual journey to the top is also likely to serve as a spinal transplant for those who have lost the backbone of focus and determination.

Incidentally, his church also holds out hope for the less privileged including prostitutes to acquire skills that will enable them live decent lives.

Up till 2004, Apostle Chinyere whose church rates as one of the largest in Rivers State, lived in the valley of life. For years, he lived under the bridge at the Ogudu area of Ojota in Lagos. Later, he moved to Diobu, generally regarded as Port Harcourt’s Ajegunle.

Within that same period, he eked out living from selling GSM re-change cards.

By dint of divine touch and handwork, Apostle Chinyere now shepherds hundreds of thousands of faithfuls and has left no avenue unexplored to give hope to the hopeless.

In recent years, his church has spread the gospel of hope to the shanties of Port Harcourt, Prison yards and brothels within and outside the Rivers State capital.

The Christian organization runs free computer programmes for less privileged slum dwellers, prison inmates and prostitutes. This is aside the free schools and other skill acquisition schemes of the church for its members and non-members alike.

Speaking recently at the graduation of about 120 persons who went through its five-month Diploma Course in computer and Information Technology organized for residents of Bundu Waterfront, one of the Port Harcourt slums, the clergyman said his heart goes to the poor because he was one of them.

“I want to touch the lives of the less privileged. I was living under the bridge, an ordinary re-charge card seller. I have real feelings for the less privileged and that is why I want to empower them.

“Since God did it for me, I believe he would make some others very great. We are doing what we do for those who cannot pay back”.

Apostle Chinyere told Daily Sun that the church chose Bundu Waterside because it is populated by the less privileged.

“There is high level poverty there. I will not do it in GRA because people in GRA have money to go to school. “Go there (Bundu) and see how people are living. People live near waterside, inside shanties. I feel for them, having remembered how I was some years ago, and wish to give them the best of computer education.

“For sustainability of the programme, we have given many of them employment. We have so many Chief Executives in the church and we have referred so many of the beneficiaries of the programme to places to work. So, as we speak with these employers, they employ them”.

The OPM General Overseer explained that the various empowerment programmes of the church are open to members and non-members of the church. He advised the youth within and around the state to avail themselves of the programme and become gainfully employed.

He assured that although the various programmes gulp several millions of Naira, the church would not be deterred.

“The challenges are so much because the project runs into millions of Naira but we won’t stop.

“We have even gone ahead to offer 26 scholarships in Abia State. A few days ago, the church offered another 36 scholarships, one recipient from each of the 36 States of the Federation to study to any level in the university”.

He frowned at the high school fees being charged by many educational institutions owned by religious organizations in the country and accused the church of contributing far below expectation to national development.

“A lot of churches have not done enough. If you look around, you will find some churches that build schools and their fees are unbelievably too high for the poor.

“That is why OPM started building schools. We give them school uniforms, free books and they don’t pay school fees. They just come to school and learn”.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/5/513.html

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by vescucci(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
This is the religious version of the American Dream abi?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Pimpu(m): 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
nonsense, cry

8 Likes

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by KunleOshob(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2010
I hope the likes of Oledepo are learning from the highlighted examples above.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by semid4lyfe(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2010
KunleOshob:

I hope the likes of Oledepo are learning from the highlighted examples above.

Tra la la

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Rainmaker69(m): 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
I won't lie, I read online that he's doing some impressive and exemplary things. However, legitimate wealth doesn't come suddenly. I can't seem to find any links between his former life and his current financial status.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by free2ryhme: 10:17am On Nov 05, 2017
AloyEmeka5:
[size=14pt]Once under-the-bridge tenant, this pastor now empowers the poor [/size]
From HENRY CHUKWURAH, Port Harcourt

Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Are you one of those about giving up on life because of seemingly endless rough times?

The story of Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere, General Overseer of Omega Power Ministry Worldwide (OPM) is likely to provide the needed tonic that will ginger you to call the bluff of life’s challenges and succeed.

The clergyman’s life experience and eventual journey to the top is also likely to serve as a spinal transplant for those who have lost the backbone of focus and determination.

Incidentally, his church also holds out hope for the less privileged including prostitutes to acquire skills that will enable them live decent lives.

Up till 2004, Apostle Chinyere whose church rates as one of the largest in Rivers State, lived in the valley of life. For years, he lived under the bridge at the Ogudu area of Ojota in Lagos. Later, he moved to Diobu, generally regarded as Port Harcourt’s Ajegunle.

Within that same period, he eked out living from selling GSM re-change cards.

By dint of divine touch and handwork, Apostle Chinyere now shepherds hundreds of thousands of faithfuls and has left no avenue unexplored to give hope to the hopeless.

In recent years, his church has spread the gospel of hope to the shanties of Port Harcourt, Prison yards and brothels within and outside the Rivers State capital.

The Christian organization runs free computer programmes for less privileged slum dwellers, prison inmates and prostitutes. This is aside the free schools and other skill acquisition schemes of the church for its members and non-members alike.

Speaking recently at the graduation of about 120 persons who went through its five-month Diploma Course in computer and Information Technology organized for residents of Bundu Waterfront, one of the Port Harcourt slums, the clergyman said his heart goes to the poor because he was one of them.

“I want to touch the lives of the less privileged. I was living under the bridge, an ordinary re-charge card seller. I have real feelings for the less privileged and that is why I want to empower them.

“Since God did it for me, I believe he would make some others very great. We are doing what we do for those who cannot pay back”.

Apostle Chinyere told Daily Sun that the church chose Bundu Waterside because it is populated by the less privileged.

“There is high level poverty there. I will not do it in GRA because people in GRA have money to go to school. “Go there (Bundu) and see how people are living. People live near waterside, inside shanties. I feel for them, having remembered how I was some years ago, and wish to give them the best of computer education.

“For sustainability of the programme, we have given many of them employment. We have so many Chief Executives in the church and we have referred so many of the beneficiaries of the programme to places to work. So, as we speak with these employers, they employ them”.

The OPM General Overseer explained that the various empowerment programmes of the church are open to members and non-members of the church. He advised the youth within and around the state to avail themselves of the programme and become gainfully employed.

He assured that although the various programmes gulp several millions of Naira, the church would not be deterred.

“The challenges are so much because the project runs into millions of Naira but we won’t stop.

“We have even gone ahead to offer 26 scholarships in Abia State. A few days ago, the church offered another 36 scholarships, one recipient from each of the 36 States of the Federation to study to any level in the university”.

He frowned at the high school fees being charged by many educational institutions owned by religious organizations in the country and accused the church of contributing far below expectation to national development.

“A lot of churches have not done enough. If you look around, you will find some churches that build schools and their fees are unbelievably too high for the poor.

“That is why OPM started building schools. We give them school uniforms, free books and they don’t pay school fees. They just come to school and learn”.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/5/513.html

Interesting,

God can change your story

8 Likes

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2017
What is the source of his wealth?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Dubby6(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2017
angry angry

This man is one pastor that tries for d poor
Oluwa bless

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Seeker17(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2017
I like the way he is touching lives. Thumbs up Apostle

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2017
if

1 Like

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by sapientia(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2017
There must always be some prophets who have not been tainted by Baal.

Could this be one of them?
Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Hiccups: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2017
shocked

I'm impressed not overwhelmed. While I see this man doing what James 1:27 exhorts, this should not in any way stop the critical minds from asking relevant questions. Once again nice gesture.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2017
Serious PONZI.
Commercial gods of Men.
Na the same people...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by deepwater(f): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2017
One thing I know about this man is that he has made sure many don't go homeless

1 Like

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by purem(m): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Marxv: 10:28am On Nov 05, 2017
Mod, u brought a 2016 topic today cos u knw issues abt the church is controversial. Alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by MhizzAJ(f): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2017
Okay
Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 05, 2017
crooked so called pastor, if anyone wants to become wealthy doing nothing over night, become a pastor!

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by BruncleZuma: 10:30am On Nov 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Vizboy1: 10:30am On Nov 05, 2017
Watin 2010 post they find for fp
Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by talktrue1(m): 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
Marxv:
Mod, u brought a 2016 topic today cos u knw issues abt the church is controversial. Alright

Not even 2016, na 2010

1 Like

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by oruma19: 10:42am On Nov 05, 2017
MhisTahrah:
What is the source of his wealth?
the same tithes the other pastors use in buying 3 to 4 private jets and own private companies and estates... Same same tithe and offerings is the source of the wealth tgis man is using to help poor people. Who is Christlike? Read Matt 25 and see who pleased God.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Abroad its stories of homeless folks owing businesses that turned their lives around..

Here its churches

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by UEDIBO: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2017
viic:
tnkx to God for d successful on 4th Nov by 12:23pm first made in Nigeria hybrids motor rocket by isaacojonugwaemmanuel in memory of Lt col Mohammed Abu Ali.. #kogi rising#just the beginning #pls help by sharing it#tn
kx
how can I see u. I am in kogi state too

1 Like

Re: Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer by Franco93: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Since 2010... what if he no longer maintain the status quo stated above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

T.B Joshua's New Vision About Buhari, Nigeria: "Pray For President Buhari" / Why Oyedepo's Meeting With Atiku Was Not An Exclusive Endorsement(Photos) / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.