Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1070282 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1038) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lol

Does anyone even buy those papers? Its not worth cleaning your nyansh with I tell you

Why not give them Allianz arena in exchange for Di Maria

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Meanwhile
The TANK on vacation

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Legend of all Legends
25 years ago

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
David Lulz

The OG greats 41 years ago. Breitner, Maier, Mueller, Beckenbauer

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
-Man Utd is offering Schweinsteiger a 2 year contract that will pay him the 10m annually he makes at Bayern
-Schweinsteiger is going back and forth on what to do
-A transfer of Di Maria to Bayern seems less and less likely because "Le Parisien" is reporting that Di Maria has already agreed to terms with PSG
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
I saw this somewhere. I didn't see Mueller on their list. I was so peeved I decided to do something about it.

Adidas vs Nike. Who you with?

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
Looks like Fussbolgott is gone to Man Utd

At 31 The FO and Sammer mentioned something about reducing the age of our midfield and injury prone players

Ribery, Robben Lahm, Alonso and Schweini. 4 of them on 10m salary plus. I expect Alonzo and Ribery to leave next summer too

Schweini was going to be free next summer and it would be unwise to give him another 4yrs extension with big salary given his injury worries

If it ends up being true, then I would say Adieu to Pig Mounter. And that comes the end of a generation of Bayern players.

I hope the new generation of Muller, BoaTANK, Hojbjerg, Alaba, Neuer surpasses them in achievements

A player I saw his career from the beginning to the end. I remember when I first told one of my friends in Ife about Schweinsteiger, He thought the name was funny and kept humming "Tiger",

From the day he came on as a sub vs Madrid in Bernabeu 2002 and was tagged the new Effenberg ,
to his childish blonde hair look in the mid 2000,
to the reformed player under Louis Van Gaal to being tagged as a choker who couldnt win any trophy,
to winning to CL,
to giving one of the best individual performance to win the world cup

Bastian Schweinsteiger would always be in our heart

*Teardrops*

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
I'm still in denial mode. Why can't we just give him a two-year extension? He's only 31

Why is Pep trying so hard to destroy this team?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
I heard The FO wanted to extend his Contract last year, but he refused, he said that he wanted Time to think and perhaps to experience new challenges. The FO give him the Time, and 2 days ago he told them his decision.

Fussbollgott

[img]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1861952.1405015187!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/bastian-schweinsteiger.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-rBaV-3ovOOk/U8WlrSR9VQI/AAAAAAAAGhU/mnt2KJbTd8g/s1600/10478672_750355801687727_6796668996369749413_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wp.streetwise.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/bastian-schweinsteiger-Bleeding-2014-World-Cup-Final.png[/img]
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:27am On Jul 11, 2015
Really hard to know who to believe. Less than a week ago he was talking about winning a 4th straight BuLi title something must have sparked a 180 so quickly

Its not like I didn't expect Schweini to leave at some point but he's merely 31. The body language suggests Pep was not a fan, its possible that certain factors hastened his exit. There's more than enough time to experience a new culture by the time he reaches his mid-30's

The way I see it I just hope we don't get the DeAndre treatment from Pep after all this. We have a bunch of 30 year olds but it seems we have offloaded the wrong one
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by FastShipping: 2:55am On Jul 11, 2015
I once said here more than a year ago that Guardiola is gradually destroying Bayern Munchen but some people disagreed. Bastian is a kind of product that no matter what happens, he should be Bayern Munchen player till he retires. Bastian is heart and soul of this team. He is a true Bavarian product.

Gaudiola has destroyed Bayern Munchen. It is no more a matter of "about to destroy". Gaudiola has dismantled this team. He has been dismantling this team since he took over. Bundesliga weakness was the only reason they've been able to win in the last two years. Jupp Heynckes built a solid team before stepping down but Guardiola came and gradually created crack in the team. What is Alaba or Lahm doing in the midfield? Why he played Martinez at the back when central defenders were sitting on the bench? Players are being pushed around like barber chair. Gaudiola victimized a whole doctor that worked at the club for decades. A well respected doctor world wide. The same doctor that was there when Germany won the 1990 world cup. The best German doctor ever was let go like a nobody.

This is the season Gaudiola finally get sacked.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
I'm shocked you lot got rid of a player whom I still consider your best midfielder. I hope you lot won'g regret it like we did after we got rid of Andrea Pirlo.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by bigkesh(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hahahahaha........Bastian gone? Are u kidding me?
Its is not his fault he doesn't pass the ball 10x around the pitch before moving forward

Oga o,Tiki taka by force........
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Davidbanky(m): 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ah Erin lo! Saddest transfer I have ever experienced as a Bayern fan, more painful than that of ballack... Bastian ekun, it's saddening mhen! I hope Ana ivanovic didn't influence that decission sha ...
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by pkasso(m): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
The handwriting was on the wall, the clouds were gathering.Bastian Schweinsteiger moving to Old Trafford.I pray he makes a u-turn and stay.He has been a great servant of the club, a fans' favorite.My favorite.I remember him always being the last to step out of the tunnel.Lahm at the front, Basti at the back.Not gonna blame Pep.He had two world-class CDMs competing for one spot and went with Alonso, a decision i'm ok with.As always, club before player.Wishing him the best in his endeavours.Auf Wiedersehen, Fussballgott sad.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
I still believe in Pep.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
A closer look at Schweinsteigers appearance and injury record

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJnbTlxWgAARhAg.png:large[/img]
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Bimffo(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
I am a Premier League fan, and I am so happy Bastian came to the league at least b4 he retires. He may be off his best but he can still deliver when he is in form..
2ndly, I wanna follow Bundesliga this coming season.. So, I wanna support a team(Excluding Bayern).. I am looking at Wolfsburg or Borussia Mönchengladbach.

A40 and Raumdeuter, anything please.. I am not trolling, Just advice me a little.. grin

And Lastly, Dayo U'v got to resume on that Chelsea thread. grin The trolls we get these days don't know nada about football, they just keep looking for errors and throwing insult..

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
watch the games and look for a club that has your type of football

That way you cant regret it ven when they are not winning

I started supporting Bayern when very few people even know about German football

My first post about Bayern n Nairaland was actually laughed at

Right now Bayern is more succesfull at the clubs those who laughed at me support

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by nitlad: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bayern has always been popular though. . .

A team that has won around %50 of national titles contested, conquered the Continent thrice on the trot from a strong footballing nation like Germany cannot be said to be in obscurity.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
Not in Nigeria. Bayern isnt popular unless it has changed now. Almost every viewing center I went to, I am always the only Bayern fan.

Even In a University of over 15,000 student the Bayern fans there as at early 2000 were less than 5. I knew this when I first tried to start a Bayern fan club in Nigeria around yr 2000. I contacted guys in UI, UNILAG but very few responses

It was so until some Benin boys hijacked the Bayern fan thing when they saw that they could use it as a way to apply for Schengen visa and I backed out when the thing wan become matter of life and death.

Me I am just a fan for the love of the club, dem wan use am as money making to get boys and say they can apply for visa together as fansclub some of them dont even know any Bayern player

One day my friend found one Bayern fan in Shitta Surulere he had to call me from Egbeda to come meet am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 12:25am On Jul 14, 2015
This time last year Mario Goetze was deciding a World Cup Final
Guardiola can only try. God no go let you spoil this boy career

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:18am On Jul 14, 2015
raumdeuter:
Not in Nigeria. Bayern isnt popular unless it has changed now. Almost every viewing center I went to, I am always the only Bayern fan.
Even In a University of over 15,000 student the Bayern fans there as at early 2000 were less than 5. I knew this when I first tried to start a Bayern fan club in Nigeria around yr 2000. I contacted guys in UI, UNILAG but very few responses
It was so until some Benin boys hijacked the Bayern fan thing when they saw that they could use it as a way to apply for Schengen visa and I backed out when the thing wan become matter of life and death.
Me I am just a fan for the love of the club, dem wan use am as money making to get boys and say they can apply for visa together as fansclub some of them dont even know any Bayern player
One day my friend found one Bayern fan in Shitta Surulere he had to call me from Egbeda to come meet am
Definitely not. To be very frank German football administrators didn't push the game hard enough and that is why the followership wasn't strong. I grew up following the Mannschaft watching Football Made in Germany and was also able to follow the likes of Bayern, Dortmund in the Champions League circa 94-98. (I was a massive Klinsmann and Elber fanboy) and Andy Moeller was the best midfielder in the world as far as I was concerned. Nothing like EPL then! Rothmans Football used to run weekly roundups of leagues around Europe and there were no highlights sef so if you grew up in Nigeria around that time and you tell me you were a fan of any EPL team other than Man U you are most likely lying

It all went to sh!t From the late 90's up till 2010 or thereabout, German Football was pretty much non-existent in Nigeria and that coincided with the boom in EPL followership. La Liga and Serie A were still thriving and you had ninjas tell you they supported Man U and Barca, Arsenal and Barca. We had raves in early Uni years mid/late 00's where repping one English club was the cool thing to do niggas putting name and numbers of their favorite players on the back of their cars

By the time BuLi came back around 2010/2011 period if you didn't have cable which viewing center/lounge wan show Bayern vs Gladbach when Chelsea and Stoke City dey play unless na your papa get the place.

I doubt the BuLi will ever catch up. I know only one Bayern fan in person and I met em through social media

Hahaha Bini boys are very dangerous, those people no dey happy at all! na all of them dey play runs and always show their logo whether in school environment or not. I dey always comport if I go see my people for that side

Bimffo:
I am a Premier League fan, and I am so happy Bastian came to the league at least b4 he retires. He may be off his best but he can still deliver when he is in form..
2ndly, I wanna follow Bundesliga this coming season.. So, I wanna support a team(Excluding Bayern).. I am looking at Wolfsburg or Borussia Mönchengladbach.

A40 and Raumdeuter, anything please.. I am not trolling, Just advice me a little.. grin

And Lastly, Dayo U'v got to resume on that Chelsea thread. grin The trolls we get these days don't know nada about football, they just keep looking for errors and throwing insult..

Na wa for you ooh! So na team wey dey play good football you dey find? So why you come dey support Chelsea

They don't play Chelsea's brand of negative football For someone like you I'd recommend Schalke, Hamburg or Cologne
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:24am On Jul 14, 2015
Who saw the Telekom Cup games?

Lordave:
I still believe in Pep.
I pray oo! My faith in him is dwindling everyday. And e dey pain me cos I have defended him so vehemently on this thread

Look at that small boy Yannick Carrasco that went to Atleti for €15m isn't that someone we coulda gone for as a prospective long term replacement for Robbery instead of pissing €30m on Douglas Costa
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by FastShipping: 3:29am On Jul 14, 2015
A40:

[b]Definitely not. To be very frank German football administrators didn't push the game hard enough and that is why the followership wasn't strong. I grew up following the Mannschaft watching Football Made in Germany and was also able to follow the likes of Bayern, Dortmund in the Champions League circa 94-98. (I was a massive Klinsmann and Elber fanboy) and Andy Moeller was the best midfielder in the world as far as I was concerned. Nothing like EPL then! Rothmans Football used to run weekly roundups of leagues around Europe and there were no highlights sef so if you grew up in Nigeria around that time and you tell me you were a fan of any EPL team other than Man U you are most likely lying

It all went to sh!t From the late 90's up till 2010 or thereabout, German Football was pretty much non-existent in Nigeria and that coincided with the boom in EPL followership. La Liga and Serie A were still thriving and you had ninjas tell you they supported Man U and Barca, Arsenal and Barca. We had raves in early Uni years mid/late 00's where repping one English club was the cool thing to do niggas putting name and numbers of their favorite players on the back of their cars
[/b]
By the time BuLi came back around 2010/2011 period if you didn't have cable which viewing center/lounge wan show Bayern vs Gladbach when Chelsea and Stoke City dey play unless na your papa get the place.

I doubt the BuLi will ever catch up. I know only one Bayern fan in person and I met em through social media

Hahaha Bini boys are very dangerous, those people no dey happy at all! na all of them dey play runs and always show their logo whether in school environment or not. I dey always comport if I go see my people for that side

Na wa for you ooh! So na team wey dey play good football you dey find? So why you come dey support Chelsea

They don't play Chelsea's brand of negative football For someone like you I'd recommend Schalke, Hamburg or Cologne

English League was not popular back in the 80s as it is now but was followed by some football fanatics in Nigeria; especially those Nigerians who schooled or had close ties with UK in the 80s. I was a little kid back then I remember my dad and his friends used to discuss the likes of Aston Villa, Wimbledon, Nottingham Forest, Liverpool and Arsenal. These were the top teams in U.K back in the 80s. I remember back then when adults were checking newspaper for results on Sunday mornings. English League was not on TV back then but people still followed it through other means. I don't know if anyone still remember the pool page in the national dailies with above British teams listed in them. There were pool papers available in Lagos back then with British teams listed in them. I grew up hearing those names from adults who love football in the 80s. By late 80s and early 90s, Bruce Groebbler, John Fashanu, John Barnes, Bryan Robson, Lineker were names in people's mouth on weekends. The way Manchester United sprang up from no where around 1992 was a shock. The Manchester United jersey with SHARP logo in front of it was the most popular jersey back then. It was during that time that NTA began to broadcast British League sponsored by Rothmans PAL Mall. Another thing that brought awareness of British League to Nigeria was the move of Daniel Amokachie to Everton in 1994 from F.C Brugge. Back in those days, Amokachie seemed to be the most popular Nigerian player in Europe in which boys were following his football progress. The moment Amokachie moved to England, Nigerian were always following his progress in England. I can remember when Amokachie got to Everton but couldn't get games under Joel Royle and then John Toschark but the moment Amokachie scored two goals in the semi final of the FA Cup against Manchester United and then won the FA Cup final, British football was finally born in Nigeria in 1995. Another factor that created awareness about British League was a broadcaster named Larry Echiejiele/Izamoje who was fond of bringing news about British League. I still remember the likes of Segun Odegbami, Larry Izamoje and Tony Akiotu always going to England to interview the likes of Afan Ekoku, Amokachie, John Salako, Reuben Agboola, and Fashanu brothers, etc.

When it comes to German League in Nigeria, it started in 1989. German league was the first and most broadcast European League back in the late 80s and early 90s on NTA 2 Channel 5 from 8pm - 9pm on Sundays. The like of Uwe Bein, Andreas Moeller, Maurizio Gaudino, Andreas Brehme, Stefan Reuter, Thomas Haessler, Lothar Matthaeus and co were some of the famous names to play in the German League in the late 80s and early 90s. Players like Sammer, Effenberg, Elber, Sergio, Tarnat, Jeremies, Ulrich, Andreas Moeller, Oliver Khan, Martin Darlin, Andreas Anderson, Jorginho, Allain Sutter, Chapuizat from Switzerland, Ossei Kuffor, Anthony Yeboah, Okocha, Akpoborie and others were the names that brought fame to German football between 1995 and 2004. The best of the German club teams back in those days were Bayern Munich, Duisburg, Karlsruhe, Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Weder Brehmen, Nuremburg, Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern, Dusseldorf and few others.

These were the times I enjoyed football matches that are not available today. Football is now about running and less about skill. Is there a football player today who can pass ball better than Steffan Effenberg? Is there any defender today close to what Sammer was between 1993 and 1999? Is there any striker today better than Roberto Baggio, Christian Vieri, Ivan Zamorano, Marcelo Salas, Davor Suker, Alain Bosic, or Mihajatovic? These players wouldn't make first 11 at Chelsea today with the way Mourinho plays football.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Bimffo(m): 5:19am On Jul 14, 2015
Dayo and A40 Thanks..

But you know, I just wanna enjoy football this season.. It does not change the Love, I have for Chelsea.. cool cool..

I will support these 4 teams for 12 weeks, after that I will drop it to 1..

Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Mönchengladbach, and stuggart.. cheesy

NB: A40, has Hamburg played her play-offs..?

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 6:37am On Jul 14, 2015
Bimffo:
Dayo and A40 Thanks..

But you know, I just wanna enjoy football this season.. It does not change the Love, I have for Chelsea.. cool cool..

I will support these 4 teams for 12 weeks, after that I will drop it to 1..

Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Mönchengladbach, and stuggart.. cheesy

NB: A40, has Hamburg played her play-offs..?
Hamburg stayed up. They won
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2015
FastShipping:

English League was not popular back in the 80s as it is now but was followed by some football fanatics in Nigeria; especially those Nigerians who schooled or had close ties with UK in the 80s. I was a little kid back then I remember my dad and his friends used to discuss the likes of Aston Villa, Wimbledon, Nottingham Forest, Liverpool and Arsenal. These were the top teams in U.K back in the 80s. I remember back then when adults were checking newspaper for results on Sunday mornings. English League was not on TV back then but people still followed it through other means. I don't know if anyone still remember the pool page in the national dailies with above British teams listed in them. There were pool papers available in Lagos back then with British teams listed in them. I grew up hearing those names from adults who love football in the 80s. By late 80s and early 90s, Bruce Groebbler, John Fashanu, John Barnes, Bryan Robson, Lineker were names in people's mouth on weekends. The way Manchester United sprang up from no where around 1992 was a shock. The Manchester United jersey with SHARP logo in front of it was the most popular jersey back then. It was during that time that NTA began to broadcast British League sponsored by Rothmans PAL Mall. Another thing that brought awareness of British League to Nigeria was the move of Daniel Amokachie to Everton in 1994 from F.C Brugge. Back in those days, Amokachie seemed to be the most popular Nigerian player in Europe in which boys were following his football progress. The moment Amokachie moved to England, Nigerian were always following his progress in England. I can remember when Amokachie got to Everton but couldn't get games under Joel Royle and then John Toschark but the moment Amokachie scored two goals in the semi final of the FA Cup against Manchester United and then won the FA Cup final, British football was finally born in Nigeria in 1995. Another factor that created awareness about British League was a broadcaster named Larry Echiejiele/Izamoje who was fond of bringing news about British League. I still remember the likes of Segun Odegbami, Larry Izamoje and Tony Akiotu always going to England to interview the likes of Afan Ekoku, Amokachie, John Salako, Reuben Agboola, and Fashanu brothers, etc.

When it comes to German League in Nigeria, it started in 1989. German league was the first and most broadcast European League back in the late 80s and early 90s on NTA 2 Channel 5 from 8pm - 9pm on Sundays. The like of Uwe Bein, Andreas Moeller, Maurizio Gaudino, Andreas Brehme, Stefan Reuter, Thomas Haessler, Lothar Matthaeus and co were some of the famous names to play in the German League in the late 80s and early 90s. Players like Sammer, Effenberg, Elber, Sergio, Tarnat, Jeremies, Ulrich, Andreas Moeller, Oliver Khan, Martin Darlin, Andreas Anderson, Jorginho, Allain Sutter, Chapuizat from Switzerland, Ossei Kuffor, Anthony Yeboah, Okocha, Akpoborie and others were the names that brought fame to German football between 1995 and 2004. The best of the German club teams back in those days were Bayern Munich, Duisburg, Karlsruhe, Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Weder Brehmen, Nuremburg, Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern, Dusseldorf and few others.

These were the times I enjoyed football matches that are not available today. Football is now about running and less about skill. Is there a football player today who can pass ball better than Steffan Effenberg? Is there any defender today close to what Sammer was between 1993 and 1999? Is there any striker today better than Roberto Baggio, Christian Vieri, Ivan Zamorano, Marcelo Salas, Davor Suker, Alain Bosic, or Mihajatovic? These players wouldn't make first 11 at Chelsea today with the way Mourinho plays football.
You are mostly right but I can recall very vividly that the EPL was the least popular league especially among the younger generation. You can see that na your dad you mention and not yourself. All the best players in the world back then played elsewhere.

Even as at the mid-90's you mentioned the German League was more popular than the English League.

EPL teams were still a laughing stock in Europe back then so the likes of Ajax, Ac Milan, Madrid, Barca, Juve had actual fans
I even knew niggas who supported Marseille, PSG and Inter

I was a fan of anything German so Bayern was the natural choice while certain players in Dortmund (Sammer, their keeper Stefan Klos, Andy Moeller) also made me root for them when Bayern failed to make the CL

From 03 or thereabout German League completely vanished from the Television both local and cable and they took their precious time before making a return

Football was awesome those days. Especially the Champions League. Too many classic matches
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by FastShipping: 12:19am On Jul 15, 2015
A40:

You are mostly right but I can recall very vividly that the EPL was the least popular league especially among the younger generation. You can see that na your dad you mention and not yourself. All the best players in the world back then played elsewhere.

Even as at the mid-90's you mentioned the German League was more popular than the English League.

EPL teams were still a laughing stock in Europe back then so the likes of Ajax, Ac Milan, Madrid, Barca, Juve had actual fans
I even knew niggas who supported Marseille, PSG and Inter

I was a fan of anything German so Bayern was the natural choice while certain players in Dortmund (Sammer, their keeper Stefan Klos, Andy Moeller) also made me root for them when Bayern failed to make the CL

From 03 or thereabout German League completely vanished from the Television both local and cable and they took their precious time before making a return

Football was awesome those days. Especially the Champions League. Too many classic matches

British football was known for long ball and anti football in the 80s and early 90s before the arrival of Arsene Wenger in 1996 who introduced good football to EPL. There was also Terry Venables who was always a coach that tried to play football in the right way. The arrival of Juninho Paulista to Middlesbrough in 1996, David Ginola and Klinsman to Tottenham, Faustino Aspirilla to Newcastle, Marc Overmars, Dennis Bergkamp and Vieira to Arsenal, Tomas Brolin and Yeboah to Leeds, Karel Porbosky to Man UTD, Patrick Berger to Liverpool brought fame to English football. The arrival of those listed players opened the flood gate to the likes of Davor Suker, George Weah, Gianluca Vialli, Rudd Gullit, Didier Deshamp, De Matteo, Zola, Andre Flo, Kanu Nwakwo and few others between 1998 and 2000.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2015
I think Glenn Hoddle actually played good football with the English national team until he was fired for making a controversial statement about dead people or something like that
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by FastShipping: 1:53am On Jul 15, 2015
raumdeuter:
I think Glenn Hoddle actually played good football with the English national team until he was fired for making a controversial statement about dead people or something like that

grin grin grin grin grin grin Not about dead people. He made a statement about people with physical disability. He said it was punishment from God that physical challenged people turned out to be what they are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1038) (Reply)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.