Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1070027 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1038) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by medjai(m): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
coogar:

he provided the goal, good assist.
madrid have el classico to play this weekend. they are never going to go blood n thunder at munich.
jose already got his away goal, he took ozil out early for marcelo, took benzema out for granero.
would jose do that @ the bernebau with champions league football in sight?

dayokanu - task your brain cells.
bayern munich have nothing to play for again in the bundesliga. their crunch game was last weekend
when dortmund sodomized them. jose's crunch match is this weekend. he has to conserve resources.
Ronaldo did fuckall all game. He was terrible.

He spurned Madrid's best chance with a very awful effort when one on one with Neuer. Credit to Ozil though who rescued that chance with a great pass to Benzema.

Your boy needs to start stepping up in the big games. He was rinse-your-eyes-with-bleach bad.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 11:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ibime:

Help me with the Mathematics. . .

90/21 = a pass every 4.21 minutes in final third for Kroos.

70/9 = a pass every 7.80 minutes in final third for Ozil.

you are a big idi[b]o[/b]t. the frequency of the passes means f@ck all.
the accuracy is the key. when ozil had the ball, he made better use of it
than toni kroos. bayern are a possession team, madrid are very direct(they don't
fanny around with the ball playing within themselves).

so you help me with the maths. 9/11 or 21/27.
i have never seen a dumb ijaw bow until i met ibime.
who gives a rat's ass how many passes a player makes?
it is what you do with the passes that counts.

Lets not talk about the fact that Kroos played deeper, and controlled volume of possession in his own half and in the middle (areas in which Ozil doesnt even venture) and still bested him passing wise in the final third.

kroos did not play any deeper. schweini and gustavo were the defensive shield but kroos did nothing.
every ball was channelled to the flanks(robben and ribery). they were the creators. kroos ko, kriss kross ni.
na so una dey hype nonsense.

Kroos dominated possession completely and protected the ball a lot better than Ozil who lost it very often with his physical weakness, whilst Kroos received the ball in tight spaces and wriggled out of it.

kroos did not dominate possession. his team is a possession team. that is how they play.
madrid are more direct than bayern munich. jeeez, it's like expecting carrick and arteta to have
the same number of passes. it's not going to happen but carrick would have more accuracy with his
passes than arteta.

Im sure if you look at the stats, Kroos completed twice as many passes as Ozil. If Im lying, post the stats (since you seem to have access).

because bayern munich are a possession team. dayokanu would lecture you about that.
they make a lot of safety square passes when a simple long ball would suffice.
the most important passes are the ones in the final third as both midfielders played directly behind their centre forwards.
passes made in the final third are the most difficult to attempt as there are markers sniffing danger left n right.
ozil had 82% pass accuracy in the final third, kroos had a disappointing 77% in the final third.

ozil scored, kroos didn't.
if ozil was a bayern player, kroos would be on the bench. grin

p.s. download fourfourtwo stats(app) on your iphone and get these stats!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 12:27am On Apr 18, 2012
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by RuuDie(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2012
I think we could see from JM's reaction, he wouldn't have wanted to go into the second leg chasing the tie. . . one thing is certain, Bayern can score at the Bernabeu - Real just have to try and outscore, keeping a clean sheet is out of the question, but with the kind of defence the Germans put up, it is going to be very tough.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by RuuDie(m): 7:29am On Apr 18, 2012
Toni Kroos was quite impressive in that midfield role. . .for me, he was MOTM!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 8:28am On Apr 18, 2012
RuuDie: I think we could see from JM's reaction, he wouldn't have wanted to go into the second leg chasing the tie. . . one thing is certain, Bayern can score at the Bernabeu - Real just have to try and outscore, keeping a clean sheet is out of the question, but with the kind of defence the Germans put up, it is going to be very tough.

tough but they still conceded a goal.
so they are very beatable.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 18, 2012
usbcable:

Logical deduction=0.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by RuuDie(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
usbcable:

What you should be particularly worried about is that the only times (and I can only vividly recall two such occasions) Real seriously breached Bayern's backline and threatened Neuer's goal, was when they were caught on the break and were very light at back - three vs three / three vs four situations - otherwise, for most of the game, they quite comfortably contained Real's attack while posing some danger themselves.

Tricky bit is, in a weeks time, they have more than enough incentive to sit back and defend in numbers - the onus is on JM's side - can they breach a fully-packed Bayern defence!!? Can they risk throwing all caution to the wind and going at it full throttle!?

I have a feeling Real Madrid have one foot out of this UCL already!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
When Barcelona went to Germany the Leverkusen players fought over his jersey
Now real madrid went to Germany Muncheners(maybe players) stole their jerseys and boots.

thats quite shameful.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2012

Who would have thought Drake was a fan of Boateng
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
Was Gustavo obstructing him?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by mbulela: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ibime:

The days of defensive midfielders impressing me by throwing one or two slide tackles are over.

The best defensive midfielders these days anticipate danger and cut out passes not make silly and dangerous slide tackles.

Defensive midfielders have to be technically the best players in the team, able to drop inbetween the centre-backs, receive possession in dangerous areas, spin away and maintain possession.

They should be able to press in short sharp spurts rather than slide tackling recklessly in central midfield like Gustavo. When I was 16, ma coach told me that one should never slide tackle in central midfield. Slide tackle is the last bastion of the full-back to stop a winger getting a cross in, or at worst a desperate centre-back trying to rescue a desperate situation.

Most importantly, a DM must be two-footed allowing him speed in possession, not having to turn slower than a shipping tanker in order to use his left foot to pass ball (like Gustavo). Also why does Gustavo always look like the ball is running away from him. A good footballer keeps the ball within a few inches of his foot which allows him more speed and flexibity to change direction at any time. Gustavo never seems in control of the ball when he is running with it.(which is why he delays too much on the ball and gets caught out)

Finally, Gustavo cannot protect the ball with his body like a good defensive midfielder should. The guy is too scrawny and lacks the ball control to do so. You see the way Makelele, Mikel, Xavi, Leon Britton play with their back to the opponent, feel his touch, and use their body to roll him. This is what allows them to receive the ball from the centre-back with players pressing them; and turn the opponent and distribute the ball. If Gustavo try and do this, its suicide! Thats why Schweinsteiger and Kroos had to do it for him repeatedly.

Gustavo cannot do any of the things I have listed above and for me, thats what makes him an absolutely rubbish DM.
very good argument you just messed it up when you mentioned Mikel in the midst of proper footballers.
Mikel is a failed project.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2012
mbulela:
very good argument you just messed it up when you mentioned Mikel in the midst of proper footballers.
Mikel is a failed project.

mikel is the best defensive midfielder in this league bar carrick!
he understands positional discipline. he reacts to danger quicker than most defensive midfielders in the league.
the statistics back him as a gem. i dunno why people don't understand what mikel does.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by landinfo: 8:40am On Apr 20, 2012
Gustavo may not be the BEST but on the night he was sublime
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
Bayern Munich have remained tight-lipped over a reported fight between Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben.

An argument is said to have taken place during Bayern's 2-1 victory at home to Real Madrid in the teams' Champions League semi-final first leg on Tuesday, with Robben apparently instructing Ribery to let Toni Kroos take a free-kick in first-half injury time.

The row then reportedly escalated, with Sport Bild claiming Ribery and Robben became involved in a verbal row at half-time before the former aimed a punch at the latter. Robben afterwards appeared to have bruising under his eye.

Media director Markus Horwick said: "Whatever happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room. We will not be adding any further comment."

Sport Bild reports that a clear-the-air meeting was held on Wednesday. Ribery is said to have apologised and accepted a fine for his actions.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2012
Robbery reconciled yesterday. Ribery shook robben after scoring in the 93rd minutes
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2012
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2012
Real would be in hight spirit against bayern judging by the classico victory. I see at least 2 bayern players getting the secod yellow cards in Madrid
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hungarian Viktor Kassai would be the referee for the Madrid vs Bayern match on Thursday

Hungarian? When All Hungarians are honorary madrid fans due to Ferenc Puskas being a Madrid legend
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
dayokanu: Hungarian Viktor Kassai would be the referee for the Madrid vs Bayern match on Thursday

Hungarian? When All Hungarians are honorary marod fans due to Ferenc Puskas

if they hire beckenbauer as the referee on the night, mourinho would slaughter bayern munich.
it's inevitable - watch out for ronaldo!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
coogar:

if they hire beckenbauer as the referee on the night, mourinho would slaughter bayern munich.
it's inevitable - watch out for ronaldo!

LOL

The same thing you said after Bayern beat Man Utd 2-1 in 2010

We all saw how that ended
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
dayokanu:

LOL

The same thing you said after Bayern beat Man Utd 2-1 in 2010

We all saw how that ended

the weakest united side ever - still recovering the loss of tevez/ronaldo.
whereas, this real madrid side just made a meal of barcelona @ nou camp.

do you know any front four more potent than
benzema + ronaldo + ozil + di maria/higuain?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2012
coogar:

I thought you have always argued Tevez was useless at Man Utd, Now he is one of those you miss

Wait 48hrs isnt that far.

Madrid has been battering small teams all over

The first time they met a faily decent side, Bayern tore them to shreds
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2012
dayokanu:
I thought you have always argued Tevez was useless at Man Utd, Now he is one of those you miss

rooney was useless last season
de gea and johhny evans were useless at the start of the season.
players can peak n drop in form - there was a time mario gomez was useless too.

Wait 48hrs isnt that far.
Madrid has been battering small teams all over
The first time they met a faily decent side, Bayern tore them to shreds

shreds? i cannot wait for ozil/ronaldo axis to destroy bayern!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2012
^^ The same way you couldnt wait in the first leg anfd Bayern silenced you.

The wait wont be long its just 48hrs away
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2012
coogar:

Meal?...... Did we watch the same match?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
chic2pimp:

Meal?...... Did we watch the same match?

shots on target.
barcelona 3-6 real madrid.

shots of target
barcelona 14-14 real madrid

corners
barcelona 4-7 real madrid.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2012
coogar:

shots on target.
barcelona 3-6 real madrid.

shots of target
barcelona 14-14 real madrid

corners
barcelona 4-7 real madrid.

What has this stat said that we don't already know?...... One team plays direct football whilst also adopting the shoot at sight policy. The other team plays possesion football(70%) with the tendecy to overdo things at times. Which of these two teams do you think would have more shots overall?

Again I ask which Meal?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2012
chic2pimp:

What has this stat said that we don't already know?...... One team plays direct football whilst also adopting the shoot at sight policy. The other team plays possesion football(70%) with the tendecy to overdo things at times. Which of these two teams do you think would have more shots overall?

Again I ask which Meal?

whose fault is it that you are impotent.
chic2pimp loves f[i]o[/i]replay without penetrati[i]o[/i]n. coogar just wants to penetrate and you
are asking who is capable of making babies amongst the two.

of course, it's coogar.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by edoyad(m): 12:24am On Apr 25, 2012
By this time tomorrow, Teeth will be gnashing to bitter sweet symphony

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1038) (Reply)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.