Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Amendment To Visa Application After Submission (before Decision)? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amendment To Visa Application After Submission (before Decision)? (2524 Views)

Guideline For Traveling To Visa Free Countries / Uk Visa Application Mistake / Travel To Visa Free Country That Link To Canada And America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amendment To Visa Application After Submission (before Decision)? by davenice: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2010
My wife and I recently submitted an application for a UK spouse settlement visa using one of the visa forwarding services (VFS) in Lagos, following our wedding last month (registry + traditional + church). We also submitted a 'good' set of supporting docs / photographs. I am a British citizen and my wife, who is the applicant, has extensive UK travel history.

Our issue is that when we reviewed a copy of the application form a couple of days after submission we noticed that a number of silly, but material, omissions. The omissions occurred when we transferred information from a draft form to the final submission copy and they were not picked up by us/VFS staff prior to it being forwarded to the deputy high commission.

Omissions were: (Form VAF4A)
How many bedrooms are in the sponsor's flat? [left blank].
Does the sponsor receive any funds from the state? Yes/No? [left unticked].
Is the sponsor employed full time/part time? [left unticked]. Although 'full' details of employer/employment were filled in.

Questions are - is it possible/wise/necessary to attempt to contact the Entry clearance dept at Deputy high commission regarding the issue.
All other things being equal, is this likely to trigger a rejection or is the EC Officer/Assistant likely to ring us for the missing info/request for an interview. Or can they infer the missing info for example infer the availability / adequacy of accommodation from the submitted land registry/ council tax docs / mortgage statement; infer sponsor's non-access of public funds from payslips - submitted original P60 shows around £100K pa income from employment.

Our primary aim is to be reunited as a couple as soon as possible, so any advice on how to move forward will be appreciated.
Re: Amendment To Visa Application After Submission (before Decision)? by segzeybaba(m): 12:49am On Oct 07, 2010
Dem questions are lil material facts which i think will have lil or no bearing on your application, so nothing to worry about, if they can't make a decision based on all other facts and documents you submitted, they can call the applicant for an interview or call the applicant or sponsor for verification, because that on its own is not a reason for refusal.
You can't add or take away anything after the final submission of the application, so no point contacting them now, if the application has already been delivered to the British high commission or BDHC #
Goodluck
Re: Amendment To Visa Application After Submission (before Decision)? by davenice: 1:12am On Oct 23, 2010
segzeybaba - thanks for reassuring us. The visa was issued without further enquiry/interview. We are so relieved.

(1) (Reply)

Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria / The Word ‘chale’ And Its 5 Different Meanings In Ghana / Austrian Study Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.