Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,415 members, 7,781,204 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. (1689 Views)

Do Guys Like This Really Exist? / Does True Love Exist Among Nigerian Lovers / Does True Love Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by veens(m): 3:03pm On May 09, 2007
Materialism & Money has taken d world of guyz n babes now adays, so u can't know who luvs u and who are after wat u have.Nairalanders lets say someting.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by beelki(f): 5:40pm On May 09, 2007
true love doesnt exist believe it or not there fore dont waste your time looking for one,
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by drrionelli(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2007
True love might exist, but we have to define what it is before we can know whether it does.

What is "love?"
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by mazaje(m): 7:46pm On May 09, 2007
True love definately exist but its very hard to find, i have seen it and i really am sure of what am saying
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by Rlst84sale(m): 9:42pm On May 09, 2007
True love?, may be in the movie/tv soap opera or some kindda fantasy world out there. Perhaps you should be asking about companionship and fear of being alone or someone to share bills and life expenses with. The only world where true love lived was in the secondary school. Think about it, you had nothing to give to each other but you would sneak out to see each other wrote each other shared your food/provisions with each other. Among adults?, you better have some cash or some high paying job somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by IBDat(m): 2:13am On May 10, 2007
What is true love?
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by dremoney(m): 4:23pm On May 10, 2007
true love definitely exist(rare though).
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by nosilla(f): 4:51pm On May 10, 2007
This verse describes the characteristics of true love. These qualities can certainly be found in the person of Jesus Christ, and they can be found in all truly loving relationships. The problem with trying to "find" love in our dating lives, is that too often we don't look for these characteristics. Rather we look at physical appearance, popularity, or wealth. These are not the qualities that God looks at and neither should we.

"But the LORD said to Samuel, ', The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.'"
I Samuel 16:7b (NIV)

nosillA xx
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by dremoney(m): 5:02pm On May 10, 2007
nosilla:

This verse describes the characteristics of true love. These qualities can certainly be found in the person of Jesus Christ, and they can be found in all truly loving relationships. The problem with trying to "find" love in our dating lives, is that too often we don't look for these characteristics. Rather we look at physical appearance, popularity, or wealth. These are not the qualities that God looks at and neither should we.

"But the LORD said to Samuel, ', The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.'"
I Samuel 16:7b (NIV)

nosillA xx

tnx u.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by IBDat(m): 5:18pm On May 10, 2007
Well this my understand of the definition of LOVE:
1 Corithians
Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things.

That in itself is scarce in this day n age - so wutz yo understanding of TRUE love?
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by iice(f): 3:57pm On May 11, 2007
Very rare, but i have seen it though
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by drrionelli(m): 5:21pm On May 11, 2007
With all due respect, IBDat (and all others of Christian sensibility) the verse you quote really doesn't DEFINE love.  The only words on the other side of the verb "is" in the first sentence are adjectives, not nouns.  Thus, they only describe and not define love.  The remainder of the verse says what love is NOT and what love does.  There is really no definition of what love IS to be found in the verse.

Now, please be aware that I'm not baiting or flaming, here.  Far from it.  I, too, have for the better number of my years sought the answer as to what love IS.  Surely, if there is a word for something, that word must have a meaning. 

So what is the meaning of love?  Or, as the posters in the jazz thread might ask, what is this thing called love?
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by nosilla(f): 11:22pm On May 11, 2007
Love has never been defined since man began, so we have to use our own hearts and minds to decide.

Love isn't all about looking at a good looking woman/man and hearing fireworks go off all the time. That's usually physical attraction, but it's normal at the beginning of our relationship.

Love is respect, wanting to help that person in any aspect of their lives; protect them from harm's way; knowing that each other will be there 100%; feeling safe with that person; proud of being with them; sharing your hopes and dreams together;

and my favorite , feeling like you can conquer the world together!

Knowing you will be together no matter what and continue on until the day you pass away.

Now that's love to me!

nosillA xx
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by aniffy4eva(m): 1:12am On May 12, 2007
Definition of love can be found in the bible like the earlier posts have indicated,
However, my viewpoint is that love is simply placing the other person before yourself, now tell me , in Naija , who wants to do that?

@ N'landers,

Secondly, i don't think i am capable of the "love thing", (u know,can't sleep, can't think, nah! it aint just my style) undecided
Is there something wrong with me?
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by BBoy3(m): 1:36am On May 12, 2007
True Love - No such thing, love in itself is rare nowadayz.
People just get comfortable with eachother and learn to trust, accomodate and appreciate eachother - As for being selfless (not alwayz)!
So what is True Love?
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by vronnie(f): 4:24am On May 13, 2007
True love is alive and well it's just that people are not willing to work at there relationship.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by BIKINI(f): 2:07pm On May 13, 2007
YES
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by Aniomaman(m): 2:43pm On May 13, 2007
It does exist but like a previous poster rightly said, people are not just willing to work towards it.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by osegwu(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2007
It does exist but we are not patient enough to see

come to us so out of haste we right pass it.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by niyooo(m): 6:49pm On May 13, 2007
There's no true love. Just selfishness. If it's going well you stay. If it ain't u hit the freeway the moment something better comes along.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by hotchic1(f): 7:28pm On May 13, 2007
I think true love still exist,keep an open heart and you will definitely find one.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by desertboom(m): 7:48pm On May 13, 2007
true love may still exist
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by IBDat(m): 3:18am On May 14, 2007
drrionelli:

With all due respect, IBDat (and all others of Christian sensibility) the verse you quote really doesn't DEFINE love. The only words on the other side of the verb "is" in the first sentence are adjectives, not nouns. Thus, they only describe and not define love. The remainder of the verse says what love is NOT and what love does. There is really no definition of what love IS to be found in the verse.

Now, please be aware that I'm not baiting or flaming, here. Far from it. I, too, have for the better number of my years sought the answer as to what love IS. Surely, if there is a word for something, that word must have a meaning.

So what is the meaning of love? Or, as the posters in the jazz thread might ask, what is this thing called love?

Okay let me clarify those are the qualities and acts that i belief should be displayed when some is Truly in Love.
If that also relates for True Love fair enough, but if True Love defers from Love someone please educate me - As it is also my understanding that Love also transcends and of course not limited to just those intimately involved. undecided
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by dremoney(m): 11:37am On May 16, 2007
desertboom:

true love may still exist

mayb , mayb not wink
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by naggib(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2007
hi nairalanders,i surely know that true love exist becuse "true love is a feeling that can not be hidden where it truly exist
and cannot be found where it does not exist"y i said this is i now have a beautiful cousin that marries a guy that is not even working talkless of having money,she is an ond holder better than her husband and emerging the worst she has lovers that are of the working class and are rich in  wealth and money.[so do u tell me she does not love her husband?and one last thing the leave at our uncle's BQ,SO I THINK WEN U DONT HAVE A SOME THING U REALLY THINK IT DOES NOT EXIST!!
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by kike001(f): 12:05pm On May 16, 2007
yeah true love exit its just hard 2 find and really hard to keep so dats y most marriage end up in divorce u dont get true love like dat aswell u work towards true love
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by asema646(m): 8:26am On Aug 26, 2014
true love? I dnt think it exist, if u mean like the one in Titanic
Re: Does True Love Really Exist Now Adays. by mymissingrib(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2014
it exist but its scarce since the love of money has taken over these days

(1) (Reply)

Hello Cixluv / Womens English Translation / Can I Ask Him Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.