Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! (34397 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids / Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 3:53am On Jan 17, 2010
Wow, Henry101,
You live in Los Angeles and you're preaching to me about being Igbo. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and head back to Igboland and live the real Igbo life?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by henry101(m): 4:33am On Jan 18, 2010
Edruezzi:

Wow, Henry101,
You live in Los Angeles and you're preaching to me about being Igbo. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and head back to Igboland and live the real Igbo life?

What is the real Igbo life if I may ask?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by topup: 1:53am On Oct 20, 2010
Interesting!!
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by bashr4: 3:18am On Dec 31, 2010
that is why nigeria is lackin progress instead of us discussin how more research can be done aroun the area and on the pyramid some people are spilling hatred and even bringing in biafra into the matter. God help Nigeria ,we hate to see or hear good things about our brothers or neighbours.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by aljharem11(m): 3:29am On Dec 31, 2010
bashr4:

that is why nigeria is lackin progress instead of us discussin how more research can be done aroun the area and on the pyramid some people are spilling hatred and even bringing in biafra into the matter. God help Nigeria ,we hate to see or hear good things about our brothers or neighbours.

i know but the pyramid is not worth it because it is made out of mud and also very very short all most human height

if it was even taller, it might attract interest undecided
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Obiagu1(m): 1:31am On Jan 01, 2011
alj harem1:

i know but the pyramid is not worth it because it is made out of mud and also very very short all most human height

if it was even taller, it might attract interest undecided

You're turning into a real lunatic. It's a gradual process and you are progressing in it.

Kindly remove Anambra from your location.

Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by aljharem(m): 3:25am On Jan 01, 2011
Obiagu1:

You're turning into a real lunatic. It's a gradual process and you are progressing in it.

Kindly remove Anambra from your location.

how am i turning into a lunatic

why should i remove it when it the location of the family house undecided

what is wrong with my statement undecided undecided
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by aljharem(m): 3:28am On Jan 01, 2011
bashr4:

bashr2,,also it is not a pyramid but a cone like structure

but yes nigeria should investigate it but it would not really attract attention per say undecided but it is better used for history books wink

thank you smiley
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by macjive01: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2011
@alj harem, the structure is nt a mere cone rather a complex, kind of cyclic structure with a cone top.

And it is not small in height as u said earlier. I know of someone who has seen it, he said it is about ten time the size of an average man. Also u can see in the photos posted above, in the photo of the oyibo standing beside one of it, that particular structure is about 5 to 6 time height of the oyibo.

Also as has been written, the structure are mostly located on hill tops. So ur argument of "the re small henc insignificant " falls flat. The structure is not really magnificent but definitely imposing.

I really wish ohaneze wud get it's fingers out from her arse and start cataloging our heritage and history.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by aljharem11(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2011
macjive01:

@alj harem, the structure is nt a mere cone rather a complex, kind of cyclic structure with a cone top.

And it is not small in height as u said earlier. I know of someone who has seen it, he said it is about ten time the size of an average man. Also u can see in the photos posted above, in the photo of the oyibo standing beside one of it, that particular structure is about 5 to 6 time height of the oyibo.

Also as has been written, the structure are mostly located on hill tops. So your argument of "the re small henc insignificant " falls flat. The structure is not really magnificent but definitely imposing.

I really wish ohaneze wud get it's fingers out from her arse and start cataloging our heritage and history.

i totally agree with you,, let ohaneze ask the governor in our states(SE) to look into it, if it can be used as a source of tourist attraction hopfully it should work good for us and nigeria

but you also have to take a look at the pyramids in the north

thanks for your time smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Akhenaten: 5:25am On Jan 06, 2011
Could this mean an Egypt (Kemet) - Igbo connection? The pyramids represented in the picture look like a miniature version of the Step Pyramids that are found in Egypt and Nubia. As a matter of fact, the Igbo pyramids resemble the Pyramid of Djoser.

Here is a picture of the Pyramid of Djoser:

Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by aljharem(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^^^^^

i am starting to think that we igbos are egyptian jews undecided
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:01am On Jun 12, 2011
its just aa coincidence ppl. tongue
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by toboy: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2011
nna ee the way some us (igbo) are diving into this egypt origin of a thing. i tire o . a na-atadi ndi egypt ata?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by NegroNtns(m): 4:39am On Jun 26, 2011
Alhaji,

It just dawned on me, that the Igbo-Jewish ancestral link maybe true afterall. The Jews built the pyramids in Egypt. Who built the one in Igboland, Jew labour or Igbo?

In any case, I want to know why these damned fools headed south into the African continent when Moses was leading the exodus across Sinai to Jordan.

Were they high and thought Red sea was southbound, or could it be they were rebellious and Moses did not want to cohabit with them?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by NegroNtns(m): 4:58am On Jun 26, 2011
Hhmmmm, make dem thank their Chineke say Pharaoh no pursue behind so their forefathers made it to Nigeria and built these pyramid altars.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Ngodigha: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Hhmmmm, make dem thank their Chineke say Pharaoh no pursue behind so their forefathers made it to Nigeria and built these pyramid altars.
So this male slag anuss lover extended his hatred here.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by NegroNtns(m): 12:20am On Jun 27, 2011
I'm everywhere, aint I? Lmao!!!

You have a new awakening. . . .his name is Negro-Nations.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 2:38am On Jun 27, 2011
Somebody recently lost their job. . . . their mind was already lost.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by lachimdummaga: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
Jen33: Nsude Pyramids in Abaja, Northern Igbo land

''The Nsude pyramids in 1935. These ten circular stepped pyramids were associated with the Uto deity and were made of mud. Their reconstruction is needed.'' - Bournemouth University Archaeological team.

[img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/arunsi10.JPG[/img]

Source:
http://csweb.bournemouth.ac.uk/africanlegacy/culture.htm
hello everyone, do anyone here have any informetion concernig the new pyramid dicoverd in niger republic by manu gabar from niger and i often wonder where the native of the community in Enugu state got the idea of building a pyramid.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Fabrepass(m): 8:11am On Jun 30, 2014
Negro_Ntns: Alhaji,

It just dawned on me, that the Igbo-Jewish ancestral link maybe true afterall. The Jews built the pyramids in Egypt. Who built the one in Igboland, Jew labour or Igbo?

In any case, I want to know why these damned fools headed south into the African continent when Moses was leading the exodus across Sinai to Jordan.

Were they high and thought Red sea was southbound, or could it be they were rebellious and Moses did not want to cohabit with them?

Negro, the Jews didn't build the Pyramids in Egypt. All the Pyramids have already been built before any hebrew entered Egypt. Pls do your research very well.

Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by photoshoot(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
E dun tey wey una dey beat chest sha undecided
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by LilTyRoNe: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
ElodyAnn:
Stop it. The ancient Egyptians were of Hamitic stock. It is extremely unlikely, near to impossible for an Igbo or anyone in Africa outside of the East African population (cradle of mankind) to have built any pyramids. Stop trying to take the credit for something that is not yours.

Then how did the pyramids walk from wherever they came from to igboland. go do your research and get your own yoruba pyramid period.

Dancing Igbo Egedege Music With My Russian Girlfriend / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria / Somali Food!