Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,364 members, 7,780,997 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:12 AM

How Can I Quote Other's Words: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Quote Other's Words: (2279 Views)

How Do I Quote Multiple Pple / How Do I Quote Thread Or Comment On Nl? / How Do You Quote Someone In Ur Nl Comment Abeg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Quote Other's Words: by muhsin(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2007
Hello! A warm greeting to all,

There is something I've been trying to do but always I couldn't. And this is simply qouting other's words in reply to his/her reply. It seems simple to some of you here as it's to me in other Discussion Forums.

Please, I need you responce.

Thanks
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by cuteass1(f): 12:46pm On May 10, 2007
This is what you do dear, when you click on "reply" and get to the reply page, scroll down and you'll see the posts of at least 15 persons before you.

Above each person's post to the right, is an "insert post" underlined, click on it and you'll be telling a new story wink

Now if you want to quote someone that made a comment ages ago, or the person's post has been followed by lots of people making it not appear on the page, simply "copy and paste", then above our smileys there is a button with a "light yellow", would i say piece of paper in the middle

Highlight the post you pasted, then click on the yellow button, it will come out as a quote, but not with time, date and name as it would have if you used the first method, so to specify whom you're talking to, just write something like "quote from so so person" above

Hope i made some sense, Holla back if you're still wondering wink I'm at ya service!!!
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by muhsin(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2007
Am gonna try it soon. Thanks for the concern cute-ass.
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by cottonx: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2012
cute-ass:

This is what you do dear, when you click on "reply" and get to the reply page, scroll down and you'll see the posts of at least 15 persons before you.

Above each person's post to the right, is an "insert post" underlined, click on it and you'll be telling a new story wink

Now if you want to quote someone that made a comment ages ago, or the person's post has been followed by lots of people making it not appear on the page, simply "copy and paste", then above our smileys there is a button with a "light yellow", would i say piece of paper in the middle

Highlight the post you pasted, then click on the yellow button, it will come out as a quote, but not with time, date and name as it would have if you used the first method, so to specify whom you're talking to, just write something like "quote from so so person" above

Hope i made some sense, Holla back if you're still wondering wink I'm at ya service!!!

Thanks for this. I just learnt something new today
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by MissGoldie007(f): 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hello all, how can I delete a quote I made on somebody's post? As my reply was inside the person's word...
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by ibitomisi: 3:24am On Sep 23, 2013
Hello all, how can I delete a quote I made on somebody's post? As my reply was inside the person's word...
[/did i get it?]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by ibitomisi: 3:25am On Sep 23, 2013
ibitomisi: Hello all, how can I delete a quote I made on somebody's post? As my reply was inside the person's word...
[/did i get it?]
ibitomisi: Hello all, how can I delete a quote I made on somebody's post? As my reply was inside the person's word...
[/did i get it?]
[/did i get it?]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by ibitomisi: 3:26am On Sep 23, 2013
[am practising with it]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by ibitomisi: 3:27am On Sep 23, 2013
I don't seem to get it
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by ibitomisi: 3:28am On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=ibitomisi]Hello all, how can I delete a quote I made on somebody's post? As my reply was inside the person's word...
I don't seem to get it[not at all]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Ukutsgp(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2013
smiley[i dnt understand u][/quote][quote authoribitomisi]Hello all, how can I delete a quote I made on somebody's post? As my reply was inside the person's word...
I don't seem to get it[/quote][quote][/quote]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by daddysgurl(f): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2013
cottonx:

Thanks for this. I just learnt something new today
[quote author=cottonx]

Thanks for d info
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by mindovamatter: 8:04am On Oct 18, 2014
[/quote]dont get
[quote author=cuteass1 post=1105283]This is what you do dear, when you click on "reply" and get to the reply page, scroll down and you'll see the posts of at least 15 persons before you.

Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Inkredible(m): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
I don't seem to get it
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Inkredible(m): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
muhsin:
Am gonna try it soon. Thanks for the concern cute-ass.
MissGoldie007:
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Inkredible(m): 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
Inkredible:
[/quote][quote author=muhsin post=1105428]Am gonna try it soon. Thanks for the concern cute-ass.
Tried it already.
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by aadoiza: 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
ibitomisi:
I don't seem to get it

Hmm
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by aadoiza: 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
aadoiza:

Hmm

Hmm hmm
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by DenisDSquare(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2015
cuteass1:

Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by EzicoBrown(m): 12:41am On Jul 24, 2016
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2016
muhsin:
There is something I've been trying to do but always I couldn't. And this is simply qouting other's words in reply to his/her reply. It seems simple to some of you here as it's to me in other Discussion Forums.

Thanks
[color=#000000][/color][quote][/quote]

£
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2017

Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Smartphil(m): 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Smartphil(m): 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
ibitomisi:
[am practising with it]
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by haywizzy007(m): 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
aadoiza:

Hmm hmm
aadoiza:

Hmm hmm
aadoiza:

Hmm hmm
hi
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by haywizzy007(m): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Inkredible:
Tried it already.
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by aadoiza: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2018
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Gracchus: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
muhsin:

Ok

Thanks
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Limassol(m): 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
ibitomisi:
Hello all, how can I delete a quote I made on somebody's post? As my reply was inside th e person's word...
I don't seem to get it
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Limassol(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
muhsin:
Am gonna try it soon.
Thanks for
the concern cute-ass.
Re: How Can I Quote Other's Words: by Aostle: 9:35am On Mar 29, 2022
ibitomisi:
[/did i get it?]
[[/color]quote author=Gracchus post=95758610][/quote]

[color=#000000][/color[color=#000099]
]

Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have The Olden Days Pendulum Clock ? / Fire At Oando Filling Station, Nkpor, Anambra / Google Has Been Upgraded.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.