Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

What Is Your Favourite Php Framework - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Your Favourite Php Framework (1589 Views)

Best PHP Framework For Application Development? / Which Php Framework Will You Recomend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by xcelmind(m): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2010
Hello Devs,

What is your favourite php framework when it comes to developing web 2.0 applications. I'm currently working on an e-voting system and i found codeingniter to be a good start.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by lojik(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2010
Codeigniter, cakephp, zend, Yii, Symfony e.t.c This is gonna be another generation of framework arguments.
I'm outta here before i get slaughtered for preferring one framework to another.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
Non wink
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2010
Well i use PEAR but i tried getting down with CakePHP and i hated it but i feel more comfortable with Zend because it's similar to the way i create Web application, each model having it's own view like Cake, so it's Zend for me my favourite
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by chiryphp: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2011
Vote:Cakephp
CakePHP is a rapid development PHP framework that provides an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying applications.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by joefazee(m): 10:55am On Jan 19, 2011
Use Codeigniter, learn PyroCMC. i will be moving to FuelPHP when Phil is done.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by goldincome(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
I prefer 3 of them in this order:

Codeigniter
CakePHP
Kohana

I love Codeigniter because, it is very small in size, has a good documentation and very easy understand,
even a newbie can start developing an application with it from day one.

It also has an active forum, tools and resources to be downloaded and used.

I am also organizing a training on it at: http://www.training.itraindirect.com
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by kodewrita(m): 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2011
Codeigniter. Started with PEAR but got tired of its issues. Zend seemed too "establishment" for me. RoR got me thinking of CakePHP (but got tired of code-generating sphagetti code that I would still have to walk through and edit) but I settled for the le petit feu (codeigniter).

I love the idea that I can do so much with so little.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2011
@kodawriter Zend Framework is not Bad at All plus its quite easy to grab best part you can extends and create ur classes if u dont feel comfortable with its Zend's. coupled with dojo and its a bliss.though tried CakePHP couldnt understand but i tried zend last am guessing the experience from cakephp made zend seem easy.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by kodewrita(m): 7:44am On Feb 17, 2011
@pcguru Zend's not bad. am actually planning on importing Zend Lucene into Codeigniter to handle the search part and maybe a Zend_Flickr component too. I view it as a supermarket nowadays. Go there for shopping but dont live there grin .
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 17, 2011
@kodawriter My Belief is that is CodeIgniter is what u good at and as long as it does the Job its the same stuff cuz at the end of the day it's all PHP we are all coding.trying to write more tutorials on Zend but no free time.i got a CakePHP pdf,i dont use it but if you don't mind.i could send it to you will make more sense to you anyway than me.take care
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by bobjr: 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2011
Hi guys, greetings all

I just joined this forum, newbie smiley
Re: What Is Your Favourite Php Framework by kodewrita(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2011
@kingsleyuk2003 codeigniter is already OOP. Your controllers and models are classes, your drivers are classes and abstract classes. only your views are procedural and infact they can also inherit attributes from each other. check http://toys.lerdorf.com/archives/38-The-no-framework-PHP-MVC-framework.html and http://blogs.sitepoint.com/2008/08/29/rasmus-lerdorf-php-frameworks-think-again/ to know what Rasmus Lesdorf (PHP inventor) said about Codeigniter's speed and efficiency.

it allows you to do what you want with the least bit of effort.

(1) (Reply)

Dennis Ritchie, Inventor Of C Programming Language, Dies At 70 / Android Programmers: Problem In ACTION_CALL / Unreal Engine Vs Unity Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.