Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb (1811 Views)

True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu / THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by supereagle(m): 1:01am On Oct 11, 2010
A group, The True Face of Lagos, has warned former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida (retd.) not to come to Lagos to campaign for presidency because Lagosians will not welcome him.

•Babangida.

The group berated Babangida for nursing the ambition to become Nigeria’s democratically elected president in 2011 after annuling the fairest and freest election ever held in the history of the country and causing the death of the acclaimed winner of the election, Basorun M.K.O. Abiola.

In a statement signed by its chairman, Comrade Adeshina Adebayo, the group said it was not unaware of “the open and surreptitious manouvres of General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida to relaunch himself into political reckoning by making frantic efforts to make backdoor incursion into the Southwest, Lagos especially.”

The group said it was not questioning the right of qualified Nigerians to aspire to any public office of their choice, ”but in view of the prevalent socio-political realities in the country, credibility is of more value than qualification.

“Credibility, we are certain, is one quality strange to General Babangida. But our major concern is that during the struggle for the revalidation of the June 12, 1993 presidential election won by late Chief MKO Abiola, the freest and fairest ever to be conducted in Nigeria, but so criminally annulled by the self-confessed evil genius, Lagos bore the heaviest brunt of human casualty figures.”

It stated further that IBB has not apologised for the inhuman treatment meted to Nigerians by his government.

“He has merely grudgingly accepted responsibility for his misdeeds, but arrogantly remained unrepentant and unapologetic, playing god and abusing our collective sensibilities by even having a remote contemplation of ruling Nigeria again.

“On several occasions, General Babangida contemptuously refused to come to Lagos when summoned by courts of competent jurisdiction to answer to legions of his misdeeds, claiming that he wasn’t safe in Lagos. If Lagos wasn’t safe for him then, it couldn’t be now,” the group stated.

The True Face of Lagos said IBB can only come to Lagos and canvass for votes if he can “reverse the times and de-annul the results of the June 12, 1993 presidential election; bring Chief MKO Abiola to life; resurrect all those Lagosians and Nigerians who died as a fallout of your annulment and clear yourself in court with regard to Dele Giwa’s parcel-bombing which was late Chief Gani Fawehinmi’s supreme wish till death."

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/05/14/you-cant-campaign-in-lagos-true-face-of-lagos-warns-ibb/
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by supereagle(m): 1:03am On Oct 11, 2010
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by jookco(m): 10:24am On Oct 11, 2010
gbam
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2010
Does IBB get to read all these? Can't he see that majority of Nigerians oppose his ambition.

If I were in his shoes, I will forget about the race
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by tpiah: 2:13am On Oct 12, 2010
and who are they?

cheap publicity seekers?
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by slap1(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2010
tpiah:

and who are they?

cheap publicity seekers?

I think not, madam. They merely voiced their opinion. It's good the warning was timely, before his campaign is disrupted and people start screaming GEJ! all over the place.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by chosen04(f): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2010
These Yoruba groups are funny. If their kinsmen OBJ was allowd to campaigned in the state where ODI Village belongs to even after destroying the whole village, then these guys are Joking . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by supereagle(m): 7:51am On Oct 12, 2010
dappssee:

Does IBB get to read all these? Can't he see that majority of Nigerians oppose his ambition.

If I were in his shoes, I will forget about the race

IBB will not let go. He is power drunken, he wants to be in charge always . IBB= I'll  Be Back . He step aside with intention of coming back. He will fail woefully this time around .
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by icare1: 8:18am On Oct 12, 2010
Lagos is nobody's house, its a state in Nigeria governed by the constitution.
the best way to DISGRACE ibb is the ballot not threats.

are some people afraid ibb can win elections? i don't want to think so.

at least ibb constructed the third mainland bridge, he can campaign there.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by rhymz(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2010
supereagle:

A group, The True Face of Lagos, has warned former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida (retd.) not to come to Lagos to campaign for presidency because Lagosians will not welcome him.

•Babangida.

The group berated Babangida for nursing the ambition to become Nigeria’s democratically elected president in 2011 after annuling the fairest and freest election ever held in the history of the country and causing the death of the acclaimed winner of the election, Basorun M.K.O. Abiola.

In a statement signed by its chairman, Comrade Adeshina Adebayo, the group said it was not unaware of “the open and surreptitious manouvres of General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida to relaunch himself into political reckoning by making frantic efforts to make backdoor incursion into the Southwest, Lagos especially.”

The group said it was not questioning the right of qualified Nigerians to aspire to any public office of their choice, ”but in view of the prevalent socio-political realities in the country, credibility is of more value than qualification.

“Credibility, we are certain, is one quality strange to General Babangida. But our major concern is that during the struggle for the revalidation of the June 12, 1993 presidential election won by late Chief MKO Abiola, the freest and fairest ever to be conducted in Nigeria, but so criminally annulled by the self-confessed evil genius, Lagos bore the heaviest brunt of human casualty figures.”

It stated further that IBB has not apologised for the inhuman treatment meted to Nigerians by his government.

“He has merely grudgingly accepted responsibility for his misdeeds, but arrogantly remained unrepentant and unapologetic, playing god and abusing our collective sensibilities by even having a remote contemplation of ruling Nigeria again.

“On several occasions, General Babangida contemptuously refused to come to Lagos when summoned by courts of competent jurisdiction to answer to legions of his misdeeds, claiming that he wasn’t safe in Lagos. If Lagos wasn’t safe for him then, it couldn’t be now,” the group stated.

The True Face of Lagos said IBB can only come to Lagos and canvass for votes if he can “reverse the times and de-annul the results of the June 12, 1993 presidential election; bring Chief MKO Abiola to life; resurrect all those Lagosians and Nigerians who died as a fallout of your annulment and clear yourself in court with regard to Dele Giwa’s parcel-bombing which was late Chief Gani Fawehinmi’s supreme wish till death."

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/05/14/you-cant-campaign-in-lagos-true-face-of-lagos-warns-ibb/
. . I just hope that their threat remains just words, they ve d rights to voice out against IBB but to go further than that will be an infringement on IBB's right and a dangerous precedent too. Obasanjo is hated by the people of Odi whom he ordered to be wiped out just as IBB is hated by the yoruba race for annuling the june 12 elections, I dont see ppl in Odi making threats of raining fire and brimstone to OBJ's campaign over there. . .let us all be fair.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by omojand: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2010
just hope that their threat remains just words, they ve d rights to voice out against IBB but to go further than that will be an infringement on IBB's right

A right he denied many! They are absolutely spot on. If he claimed he feared for his safety in Lagos when summoned to answer to charges by the courts, he should be equally petrified to campaign in the same city. How can he so blatantly take people for fools. He is a major league bas.ta.rd.

Don't see any contradiction in the position taken by these people.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by seunmsg(m): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2010
Good one coming from the true face of Lagos. IBB should be told that we in Lagos are not ready to welcome is campaign team. If he refuses, the treatment that was given to is campaign team in Abeokuta awaits him.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 12, 2010
Trust Nigerians to always come up with some mis-guided sense of jungle justice! undecided
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

Trust Nigerians to always come up with some mis-guided sense of jungle justice! undecided

Like the kind Evil genius thrived upon during his years of terrors.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
I heard that the "Evils men do go after them"

But in IBB's case, The Evils are round about him hunting him all-around.

Lagos says, Gusau, Atiku, Buhari, Ribadu, Saraki can come to campaign in her domain.

But IBB, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I support this motion "gbogboaramically".
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2010
Olaolufred:

Like the kind Evil genius thrived upon during his years of terrors.

So what is this? t1t for tat    undecided
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

So what is this? t1t for tat undecided

I think so.

I do not want others to suffer injustice.

But If IBB is the one to suffer it, I do not mind.

IBB did worse to others.

Even If many Nigerians had wanted to forgive him, He hadn't ask for the forgiveness.

Even when he is forgiven, Nemesis will raise a tyrant that will pay him back in full.

It had been delayed, but seems to be close in view now.

I'm sorry if I have offended you. But IBB deserves worse than that.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
I'm not a supporter of IBB so my sensibilities are fine! cool

But what I worry about is people's tendency to focus on irrelevant things. Banning him from campaining in Lagos? C'mon . . . how is that even going to stop him?

Lagosian are the biggest tribalists in Nigeria and I bet if MKO was from the east, they wont be so quick to judge IBB!

They are trying to blame all the evils in this Country on him when one of their own (OBJ) is till date wrecking the country even more.

I'm sorry, but they don't have a case! undecided
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2010
Think we could rub minds together.

OBJ is bad.

I had never cast my vote for him.

He did not rule well. Truth.

But can I say because Obasanjo ( a yoruba man) is bad, so therefore absolved IBB of being Bad?

They are both General who ruled authocratically during their reigns.

Killings characterizes their regimes except that one is worse than the others.

My take is that they are both bad, so should both forget about rulling this Nation.

OBJ died with 3rd term, so also IBB should remain dead with his June 12.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by rhymz(m): 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2010
Homey you are getting it all wrong, this is not abt what he did in the past as a military HOS or getting back at him for thwarting Abiola's ambition( Abiola was a victim of his own dealings). This is about setting the right precedent and playing according to democratic norms. First and Foremost, who is true face of Lagos, what do they stand for, who and who comprise of the group-as usual group of misguided and bitter Yoruba politicians-as far as I am concerned, Lagos is not a monolithic state for any one group to dictate and speak for the very many other groups and tribe who were actually the ones affected by the catastrophe caused by June 12. I hate IBB as much as this group does and will stop him with my vote not just because he annulled Abiola's( who was a victim of his own dirty dealings with the Khaki boyz), election but because he was the achitect of the begining of our problems, from corruption in ignoble scale, very flawed economic policies, murder to setting a bad precedent in virtually every problem we are having in this country.
However, since he has not been tried and found guilty in any court of law, he deserves thesame right to campaign anywhere, Let the people decide they dont want him at the polls, causing unneccessary civil unrest will only earn the !diot undeserve sympathy and make him more porpular and feared.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

Lagosian are the biggest tribalists in Nigeria and I bet if MKO was from the east, they wont be so quick to judge IBB!

I think this could be too generalized.

If they had not said Atiku, Gusau, Ribadu etal should not come to Lagos, Then it is not about Tribalism. It is more about a Personality.

Think that is understandable.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by rhymz(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
Olaolufred:

If they had not said Atiku, Gusau, Ribadu etal should not come to Lagos, Then it is not about Tribalism. It is more about a Personality.

. . . Guy your arguement is seriously flawed in this regard, I mean who the hell is "True face of Lagos" a Law court or what? They have no legal right to dictate who and who are qualified to campaign in Lagos that is bullcrap! Those ppl whose names they mentioned are no different 4rm IBB is just the degree of their involvment that is different, if it is all abt personality like they claim, then none of those names qualify, Like I said before, this is just some group of bitter yoruba politicians using "Lagos" as an excuse to get back at IBB for the annulment of Abiola's mandate, simple, even though that is justifiable, it is still parochial and tribalistic, Nigeria should come first before any other parochial bitterness, stopping his campaign because he annuled one of Ur kinsmen's election is a very dangerous precedent that must not be allowed to prevail if this country is to remain one.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2010
Olaolufred:

I am telling you, this is just a huge tribal war!

Ribadu et al did not anul an election won by one of their own and that's why they are all foaming thorugh the mouth!

Who are they anyways? Who made them the judge? Who gave them the authority?

For OBJ, all sisns are forgiven cos he's one of their own. But for IBB, the reverse is the case! undecided
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by tpiah: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
the group seems more like a terrorist one.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ujujoan,

Thought you deserved some level of respect but discovered you aren't such.

OBJ is a criminal. IBB is same. While it may not be right to stand against a man in such a way.

His actions is his Probs. He is part of how OBJ came back in 1999. Thinking it is a way of compesation.

I accept the Igbo as my Brother, but if I choose to distance myself from the Igbos doing dubious scams, will you say that is tribalistic?

No, a Yoruba or Igbo 419er remains a threat. So, a bad person is bad. wherever he comes from.

Obasanjo has committed sin against Nigeria like IBB.

OBJ has done something bad against the people of Odi town.

They can launch a protest against his visit to their land if they wish to.

So, also is any one from any part of Nigeria.

For your Info. Yoruba is not Igbos Problem, your problems lies within your folks that can be bought over with any ammount.

I did not want to go this way, but saying some people foams is foolish of someone who deserves respect.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2010
This group is going too far. I hope the right authorities steps in if they try in any physical way to stop the campaign.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Epiphany(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

This group is going too far. I hope the right authorities steps in if they try in any physical way to stop the campaign.

To them, getting physical may be the only way their grievance can be heard. A lot of things in Nigeria are only solved through industrial actions and peaceful protests (which sometimes become violent).
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
If and when they do get violent, I hope the police is on hand to put them where they belong then. No one can stop even IBB from campaigning in Lagos, as long it is a state in Nigeria and nigerians live there.

My honest assessment is that the man is not the problem - the people are. Are they really willing to make sure that he does not come back or are they, like so many others out there just willing to talk the talk but do nothing -- not even vote to show they are serious.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by olafolarin(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

They are trying to blame all the evils in this Country on him when one of their own (OBJ) is till date wrecking the country even more.

I'm sorry, but they don't have a case! undecided

Are you serious?I really dont know how old you are or your level of education but you seem to be distorting truth for unknown reasons.Lagos is the most untribalised place in Nigeria followed by all Sw states.
Yorubas hated OBJ since 1976 and till today he is still the most hated man in Yorubaland after Akala and Gbenga Daniel.
Get your facts right before hiding under the anonimity of your laptop to type rubbish.

Ujujoan:

I am telling you, this is just a huge tribal war!

Ribadu et al did not anul an election won by one of their own and that's why they are all foaming thorugh the mouth!

Who are they anyways? Who made them the judge? Who gave them the authority?

For OBJ, all sisns are forgiven cos he's one of their own. But for IBB, the reverse is the case! undecided

It is no tribal war but verbal war which is allowed under Nigeria's constituition.
IBB is a persona non-grata in Lagos  state because of the June 12 watershed.
Get that right.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by rhymz(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
olafolarin:

Are you serious?I really dont know how old you are or your level of education but you seem to be distorting truth for unknown reasons.Lagos is the most untribalised place in Nigeria followed by all Sw states.
Yorubas hated OBJ since 1976 and till today he is still the most hated man in Yorubaland after Akala and Gbenga Daniel.
Get your facts right before hiding under the anonimity of your laptop to type rubbish.

It is no tribal war but verbal war which is allowed under Nigeria's constituition.
IBB is a persona non-grata in Lagos  state because of the June 12 watershed.
Get that right.
. . . The problem with many South westerners is that you make flawed judgement based on the fact that you lots don't leave the SW region. . . Lagos & other SWestern states are the most detribalised states, duh? Where did you pick that from. . .Yorubas hate OBJ? Am not aware of that, the last time I checked, the ol man is still referred to as an elder states man amongst his kinsmen, which hate are you blabbing about.
Dont cover your ignorance in the guise of stating the facts, everything you ve said here are baseless assertions that are petty and ve no substance.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by revolt(m): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2010
If he's so unpopular why don't we watch and see if people would come out for his campaign this would be a true test of his popularity.ppl here claim he's really unpopular and they'd be shocked. Let's put my premise to the test. Forget nothing dey happen we in lagos would love to watch his campaign.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by olafolarin(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dude ask before you start wriing rubbish.I have been to every part of Nigeria.
I've schooled,worked, visited and have relations in all regions of the nation and I can tell
you without doubt that Lagos is the most untribalised place in Nigeria followed maybe by Abj.
OBJ is loved so much in SW enough for him to lose not just right in front of his house in Abeokuta but the entire SW.
You need to listen to constructive discuss on SW issue and you will realize that people like OBJ,Ooni et all are political lightweights in the region.If he is that popular and respected in the region, he would have conveniently won he entire SW for PDP but instead rigged the likes of Agagu,Oyinlola,Akala,Gbenga Daniel and lastly(and most brutal) Segun Oni in as Gobenrs in heir respective states before Courts sent some away.
Till today Oabaj can never win a councilorship election in his ward.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels / Pictures Of Lee Rigby Soldier Murdered By Michael Adeboloja! / Abuja's New Taxi Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.