Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Cake Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cake Recipe (10902 Views)

Any Cake Lovers In The House-chocolate Cake Recipe-very Easy / Fruit Cake Recipe / Please Can Someone Give Me The Traditional Nigerian Cake Recipe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cake Recipe by onyiii: 3:47pm On May 10, 2007
Please, I will appreciate it if any one of you can tell me how to bake cake including the recipe and iceing without oven.
Re: Cake Recipe by cuteass1(f): 10:29pm On May 10, 2007
onyiii:

Please, I will appreciate it if any one of you can tell me how to bake cake including the recipe and iceing without oven.

You mean baking it on a bowl with sand above a lit hip of fire wood??

Regards the recipe, you have to be specific Cos i have a bunch, but if you're in naija then i dont know if i can be of help, because i'm not used to the nigerian cake recipe

But i can assure you that the cakes here in europe can be baked down there as well. I've done that a million times, you just have to use more time in getting the necessary items wink wink

Holla back, whatever you decide to do!!!
Re: Cake Recipe by onyiii: 8:36am On May 11, 2007
Thanks Cute-ass.

I am very grateful.

yes, baking on bowl with sand as you stated. Note that i have not done it before, even I don't know what it requires like ingredents.

waiting for your prompt response
Re: Cake Recipe by cuteass1(f): 12:50am On May 12, 2007
@ Onyii

Well i only tried it once and swore never to do it again. Don't you have an oven??

Well this is what you do: You light a hip of firewood, and cover all around it with some aluminium or zinc (this is to make sure the smoke doesnt go to ruins)
Thel fill a bowl with sand, let it not be too deep, so the heat can reach through to the cake, the place it on the fire (you should have some thing like blocks for it to stand on, just like ordinary cooking on firewood)

Do this some hours before the baking, Cos the fire sand needs to be heated before you place the cake or else you'll spend two day at it lol grin

Then make a mixture of your cake dough, pour it into the desired form and place it on the fire, you should also cover the cake with something since this is taking place in the open wink

Cake recipies: which cake do you desire to have the recipies on . .
chocolate cake(one of my favourites)
orange cake (tastier than the name makes it sound)
banana cake ( i love banana to death, but the cake? not my taste at all)
norwegains call it "marmor kake" ( i love this one too, has two whiter layers and a chocolate coloured layer in the middle)
bløt kake (too much crea, if you're in naija then you might want to forget this one Cos of the sun)
muffins (these might be a perfect choice, they're tasty and you dnt have to cut it, its already divided)
Re: Cake Recipe by AlRaheem(m): 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2007
Who remember Nigeria's birthday cakes and Pound cakes,  JEEEEEEEEEZus Christ!
Re: Cake Recipe by omoge(f): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2007
yeah taste of Nut Meggish. seems oyinbo don't use that nut meg on their cake. cake in nigeria eh, everywhere go dey get aroma of nut meg cheesy
nice taste sha.
Re: Cake Recipe by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2007
omoge:

yeah taste of Nut Meggish. seems oyinbo don't use that nut meg on their cake. cake in nigeria eh, everywhere go dey get aroma of nut meg cheesy
nice taste sha.

only nutmeg smell?
naija cake is so hard,it can double as a murder weapon grin
Re: Cake Recipe by omoge(f): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2007
lol. one thing that seems to put me off eating cake was that there will be this raw eggish smell too. i hardly eat cake in Nigeria. i like puff puff more. even the buns too, the yellowish buns got that smell of raw eggs.

so i just focus on the J rice at bday parties.

@ poster you can find info on cake online. just goggle it. and if you can't let us know  cheesy also if you got idea how bread is baked in nig, you should be fine i think. you may need alot of charcoal and real hot ashes undecided
Re: Cake Recipe by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 22, 2007
omoge this one you just dey smell raw eggs,do you have something cooking in the oven?
Re: Cake Recipe by omoge(f): 11:40am On Jun 22, 2007
grin nah. planning to bake banana bread this weekend o. Just have to go shop for the pan to use.

@poster, have you got the recipes? cheesy
Re: Cake Recipe by ajbunmi: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2008
what amount of baking powder can i put to 8tins of flour to bake cake
Re: Cake Recipe by yesboss20(m): 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2010
Cake making, that's cool.
Can I have a slice when you're done?
Re: Cake Recipe by mamagee3(f): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2010
ajbunmi:

what amount of baking powder can i put to 8tins of flour to bake cake
Add about I cup of baking powder. . .I think it would be enough.

Do you need anymore procedures?
Re: Cake Recipe by Saddam: 1:55am On Dec 20, 2010
Start Printing picture on cakes like Ben 10, Hannah Montana

Call 01 7328442

The Complete System and Package consists of

1 unit Canon IP3600 printer = 25,000

25 sheets A4 Edible Frosting Sheet = 10,000

5 sets Edible Ink Printing = 15,000

Total Cost = 50,000

1 Like

Re: Cake Recipe by loisella(f): 9:56am On Jul 07, 2015
Do you have an event coming up and need cakes, drinks and small chops? Or do you need a dessert cake which does not require an occasion?
Call cakella for your wedding cakes, 3d cakes, birthday cakes, dessert cakes, snacks and assorted drinks on 08136550987

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Hawks Plantain in Suit / Do U Stil Eat Nigerian Food In Yankee? / How To Prepare Jollof Without Tomatoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.