Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: (2190 Views)

Confused About My Masters Program / I Want To Do My Masters Abroad / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by cutey23: 4:18pm On May 10, 2007
Is anyone here in the process of applying to the embassy for a student visa to study in sept? its a mega stressful experience, post your replies here, lets compare notes, thanks!!
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 5:57pm On May 10, 2007
Geting Canadian Visa shouldnt be dat stressful if u gat all da documents they want you to and they are okay with them. They are firm with students visas now as from the new policy regarding it
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by cutey23: 2:22pm On May 11, 2007
Well, wot new policy is dat? u mean the study questionnaires and stuff?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 5:49pm On May 11, 2007
nope, itz easier 2 get in now with student visa dan b4 cuz they have opened their doors
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Einstein(m): 7:58pm On May 13, 2007
Hi Cutey,

I am also running along to make the Fall semester by September. Could you tell what hitches you got with your visa application?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by cutey23: 11:16am On May 15, 2007
well, not hitches as such, but all the bring this, bring that. im supposed to submit by the end of the month. so till then tho, have u submitted ur visa application yet?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by ymx(m): 9:25am On May 16, 2007
@ cutey 23

I am also applying for fall semester, i intend to submit my application by the end of this month. Do you think its necessary to include my transcript mith my application if i am applying for a masters program? because my school (unilag) wouldnt give transcript my hand. Since i have my certificate i really think its not neccessary. and the deadline is fast approaching. What do you think? wat are the documents you are submitting>? can i have your no? mine is 01-8198545

Cheers
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 3:28pm On May 17, 2007
YMX, u can't apply for the fall semester again because da deadline is ova and admissions will soon be ova again. Try looking for skools that take Winter application or perhaps spring or till next fall, I hope u know fall is September. Contact the school you want to apply to and ask them their requirements. I know my aunty used her transcript and she went to UNILAG and she got admission into UNI. of TORONTO.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by ymx(m): 3:39pm On May 17, 2007
I already have my admission for fall semester. I am applying to the embassy by the end of the month. I need to know if i need to include my transcript to my application to the embassy. cos unilag wouldnt give transcript to me. they insist they have to post it.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 3:46pm On May 17, 2007
you do not need unilag's transcript to go the embassy. didnt the skool which offered u admission, give you a letter for the embassy? I know they gave 3 to my cuzzin, Ryerson University to be precise
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by ymx(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2007
I had already sent my transcript to the school and the school sent my admission letter. Are your cousins applying for the fall semester?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 4:05pm On May 17, 2007
yes he is coming for the fall semester, he will be going to the embassy with the letters specially prepared by the school. which skool did u get admission into?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by ymx(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2007
I applied to Lakehead Uni. can i have you cousin tel no? you can send it to my email. okestra@gmail.com
I think i need to talk 2 someone.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 4:18pm On May 17, 2007
i will get his number 2morrow cuz i dont have ma phone here with me, Lakehead is kinda new skool, itz in Thunder Bay, Ont, am suprised they didnt give u letter for the embassy which is clearly started, but i know 4 sure that the embassy does not require ur unilag transcript for anything instead, they require ur offer of admission 4rom da skool
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 4:19pm On May 17, 2007
i will get his number 2morrow cuz i dont have ma phone here with me, Lakehead is kinda new skool, itz in Thunder Bay, Ont, am suprised they didnt give u letter for the embassy which is clearly started, but i know 4 sure that the embassy does not require ur unilag transcript for anything instead, they require ur offer of admission 4rom da skool
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by ymx(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2007
Thanks so much, I would be expecting it. Are you also schooling in Canada? if yes! what school. Yeah Lakehead is in Northern Ontario
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 4:25pm On May 17, 2007
yes, i am skooling at York University which is also in Ontario, precisely Toronto, I finished last month just waiting for my grad.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by PapaBrowne(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2007
Best of Luck in your application people. Remember 2 Pray
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by ymx(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2007
@ Ezinwannem
HI, I have a friend who is schoolling @ york university too. He is studying Business Management.
I am waiting for you response today as promised.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 3:16pm On May 18, 2007
what is the name of your friend@York?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by ymx(m): 3:24pm On May 18, 2007
my friend's name is Femi Adeleke, Do you know him?

Is your cousin applying as a graduate student?

I Would give him a call.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 3:26pm On May 18, 2007
no, undergraduate, if i see ur friend, i might know jim, infact, i will ask after him
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Einstein(m): 11:45am On May 19, 2007
Cutey23,

Since you alma mater will not give you the transcript by hand, it will make a lot sense you include your certificate or statement of result. At the same time, ask Unilag to forward your official transcript to CDHC, Lagos. It's compulsory you suggest in your visa application that your alma mater will send your transcript. This way, the embassy guys wouldn't assume you have stylishly shirked including your transcript.

Do this on time and turn in your application latest the last week in this month. Wish you the best.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by cutey23: 2:06pm On May 23, 2007
What documentation can u use to show strong ties to nigeria? thats my weak link now. someone said its mostly the interviewer's gut feeling about you, so u shouldnt seem desperate, lol any ideas?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Einstein(m): 1:22pm On May 25, 2007
Cutey23,

Strong ties to Nigeria can best be reflected in your replies on the accompanying "Q&A" form.  Your expressions should inherently suggest you have a keen interest in ploughing back your newly acquired skills and experience to develop your country.  Then, in case you are invited for an interview, never show that you are only interested in jetting out, but make them realize your ambition(s) are tailored towards moving Nigeria forward.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by cutey23: 1:19pm On May 26, 2007
thanks @einstein, have u submitted yet?
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Einstein(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2007
Cutey23,

I hope to submit mine latest Thursday this week. It's nice to know my little suggestions did a pretty good work for you. Wish to meet you in Canada --- you might call that an outright optimism, but I am more than convicted all would work out fine. Be at your best!
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by cutey23: 4:26pm On May 29, 2007
lol, it pays to be optimistic, someone i know had his appl rejected, they just told him that he wasnt a bonafide student, can u imagine, lets hope for the best in ours. my number is 08024584437, incase u want to keep in touch thru out the process, thanks,
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Einstein(m): 5:30pm On May 30, 2007
That was a disaster, I suppose. But what could have warranted that affirmation? Wasn't his acceptance letter genuine or were there conflicting documents in his application? It would pay us good to know his weak points. Nonetheless, God will help us. You can reach me on 0803 363 5387.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by eteski(m): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2007
I am waiting to get my admission letter. Does anyone know what is expected of me at the embassy? My school resumes in sept.
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by oIo(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2007
Pls, does anyone know how good this school - Malaspina University-College, Nanaimo- is? Pls do reply ASAP especially those of you in canada,
Re: Canadian Visa: Going For My Masters In The Fall: by Ezinwannem: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2007
well all Canadian skools gat quality so no probs, da skool is in BC, BRITISH COLUMBIA,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where To Buy Law Books By Nigerian Authors / Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep / The Polytechnic Ibadan,2010/2011 Post- Utme Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.