Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant (1700 Views)

Appointment Of Bakare: Buhari Starts Presidency With A Lie! / Bakare:buhari Is The Most Honest Person I Know / Northern Leaders Berate Ciroma, Bakare, Buhari Over Utterances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by mbulela: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2010
commenting on the 2011 presidential race yesterday, Convener of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Pastor Tunde Bakare, described the aspirant on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, as “the most respected presidential aspirant from the North”.

Bakare who made the remarks on Buhari, during a state of the nation broadcast in Lagos, solicited support for Buhari, describing him as the best presidential aspirant because his track records as a former head of state and Chairman of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) portray him as an incorruptible individual.

He added that he is the only presidential aspirant from the North who does not have a label of corruption hanging on his neck.
He dismissed calls for a generational shift from the old to the younger generation as invalid, arguing that what Nigeria needed at the moment was not a generational shift, but rather “a leadership and paradigm shift as well as generational integration”.

According to him, given the magnitude of support that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) commanded across the country, only alignment of forces among other political forces could stop the ruling party from seizing power again next year.

Bakare, who is also the pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, emphasized the need to encourage Buhari’s party, CPC, to become a national party, so that it could be easier for the party to wrest power from the ruling PDP, which he alleged had ruined the country in the last 11 years.

He called on all and sundry to commence the process of national reconstruction, warning that by 2014, when the country would be due to celebrate the centenary anniversary of its emergence, the country might have ceased to exist if there are no spirited efforts to rebuild the country now.

Bakare said the task at the moment was to ensure that the best of the North (Buhari) and the best of the South, whom he said had not yet been identified, are fielded at the forthcoming general election.

The clergy man explained that his support for Buhari was a product of a survey carried out on all presidential aspirants which he said singled him out as a man of integrity and character even though he had records of blunders when he was head of state.

He expressed shock at the insinuation that former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, will run on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), saying it sounds so ironic that Ribadu who investigated the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and made allegations of corruption against him now chooses to run in Tinubu’s party.He said a corrupt tree “cannot bear good fruit”.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2010
@OP, This is a good news, pls try and include the source
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by ayo84(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2010
Why is he castigating nuhu ribadu,ribadu has support in the south west and has a better opportunity of winning votes in the north and south.
Im for ribadu ,all the way[img][/img]

Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2010
http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=184936

Dokpesi Lied, Says Jonathan Campaign
•Bakare: Buhari’s best Northern aspirant
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja and Omololu Ogunmade in Lagos, 10.10.2010

The Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation has dismissed claims by the Director-General of the Ibrahim Babangida Campaign Organisation, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, that he was being persecuted for refusing to head the president’s campaign.

In a statement by the Director of Media and Publicity, Mr. Sully Abu, the organisation said the claim defies “political commonsense” as “a position is normally given to someone outside the geographical zone of the aspirant. Dokpesi, being from the South South as is President Jonathan, could never have been considered for such a position”.

And commenting on the 2011 presidential race yesterday, Convener of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Pastor Tunde Bakare, described the aspirant on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, as “the most respected presidential aspirant from the North”.

The statement debunking Dokpesi’s claims: “The attention of the Goodluck/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organization has been drawn to certain utterances by the Director General of the Babangida Campaign Organization, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, to the effect that he was suffering an imagined political persecution because he declined to head our campaign organization.

''Nothing could be farther from the truth. At no time was Chief Dokpesi considered for such a role. He never made it to anybody’s short list or long list.”

Dokpesi, who once said the president’s men were after his life, had alleged at the weekend that it was his refusal to head Jonathan’s campaign that led to his being quizzed by the State Security Service (SSS) over the October 1 bombings.

He said: “My point of departure with Goodluck Jonathan as it were is the fact there is a zoning policy in the party and that zoning policy envisages that we will have eight years of presidency for the North, eight years of presidency for the South.”

In the meantime, Bakare who made the remarks on Buhari, during a state of the nation broadcast in Lagos, solicited support for Buhari, describing him as the best presidential aspirant because his track records as a former head of state and Chairman of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) portray him as an incorruptible individual.

He added that he is the only presidential aspirant from the North who does not have a label of corruption hanging on his neck.
He dismissed calls for a generational shift from the old to the younger generation as invalid, arguing that what Nigeria needed at the moment was not a generational shift, but rather “a leadership and paradigm shift as well as generational integration”.

According to him, given the magnitude of support that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) commanded across the country, only alignment of forces among other political forces could stop the ruling party from seizing power again next year.

Bakare, who is also the pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, emphasized the need to encourage Buhari’s party, CPC, to become a national party, so that it could be easier for the party to wrest power from the ruling PDP, which he alleged had ruined the country in the last 11 years.

He called on all and sundry to commence the process of national reconstruction, warning that by 2014, when the country would be due to celebrate the centenary anniversary of its emergence, the country might have ceased to exist if there are no spirited efforts to rebuild the country now.

Bakare said the task at the moment was to ensure that the best of the North (Buhari) and the best of the South, whom he said had not yet been identified, are fielded at the forthcoming general election.

The clergy man explained that his support for Buhari was a product of a survey carried out on all presidential aspirants which he said singled him out as a man of integrity and character even though he had records of blunders when he was head of state.

He expressed shock at the insinuation that former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, will run on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), saying it sounds so ironic that Ribadu who investigated the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and made allegations of corruption against him now chooses to run in Tinubu’s party.He said a corrupt tree “cannot bear good fruit”.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Jakumo(m): 9:40am On Oct 11, 2010
As a Nigerian military tyrant during the early 1980s,  Ayatollah Mullah Buhari rode roughshod over human rights, jailing, torturing and murdering real and imaginary dissidents with equal relish, before being unceremoniously booted into the dustbin of history by a succeeding military regime that proved no better.

Calling in old political favors a decade after being removed as Nigerian dictator, Mullah Buhari landed a gig as head of the Nigerian Petroleum Trust Fund, an organisation created explicitly as a fast flowing conduit for embezzled state funds, to which Ayatollah Buhari helped himself generously, later deploying that loot to bankroll a string of FAILED bids to run for election as Nigeria's civilian head of state.

A self-avowed Islamic fundamentalist of the most extreme and depraved variety, Ayatollah Mullah Buhari is on record as having REPEATEDLY bellowed his rabid support for the forcible imposition of Islamic Sharia amputation law on Nigeria in its entirety, presumably after an envisioned Jihad holy war to exterminate all Christians and animists from that conquered nation of 120 million souls.   The destabilizing repercussions to the entire subregion, that could result if a sadistic and pathological Islamist demagogue like Buhari were EVER allowed to grab power in Nigeria, would be immense, to put it very mildly.

The endorsement being voiced by a CHRISTIAN miracle pastor, of all people, for yet another FAILED presidential toilet run by Mullah Buhari, is hardly a surprising development in the realm of African "politics", where the rush for possible future access to free embezzled cash makes for mighty strange bedfellows indeed.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2010
mbulela:

commenting on the 2011 presidential race yesterday, Convener of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Pastor Tunde Bakare, described the aspirant on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, as “the most respected presidential aspirant from the North”.

Fair enough. But he'll sing a different song by the time President Buhari clamps him into jail & proscribes his church for his political statements grin
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by LouisThoru(f): 10:51am On Oct 11, 2010
who is he for us to believe? The man who said there will be blood in 1999 if OBJ was sworn in as President.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 11, 2010
LouisThoru:

who is he for us to believe? The man who said there will be blood in 1999 if OBJ was sworn in as President.
And there were blood. Go and ask the people of Odi
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Gbawe: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2010
I respect Bakare as he stood up for what was right recently while cowards hid away but I am , first and foremost, a supporter of Ribadu. While I agree that Buhari may be more credible overall I think Ribadu is not far behind. I think Buhari is a harder sell accross Nigeria than Ribadu. Buhari may not signify enough of a departure from the past to raise the revolutionary zeal in Nigerians that will get them to go out, vote and protect their vote. We must remember that Buhari has tried twice to become President recently. Nigerians need something/someone new they can believe in with total passion .  Nothing less will be require to defeat the PDP . I think Ribadu can deliver a sense of hope better than Buhari and I think this is why the likes of Akeredolu (former NBA boss) and many respected individuals endorse Ribadu with gushing enthusiasm . That is my opinion and I expect that others may think otherwise.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by mbulela: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2010
Gbawe:

I respect Bakare as he stood up for what was right recently while cowards hid away but I am , first and foremost, a supporter of Ribadu. While I agree that Buhari may be more credible overall I think Ribadu is not far behind. I think Buhari is a harder sell accross Nigeria than Ribadu. Buhari may not signify enough of a departure from the past to raise the revolutionary zeal in Nigerians that will get them to go out, vote and protect their vote. We must remember that Buhari has tried twice to become President recently. Nigerians need something/someone new they can believe in with total passion .  Nothing less will be require to defeat the PDP . I think Ribadu can deliver a sense of hope better than Buhari and I think this is why the likes of Akeredolu (former NBA boss) and many respected individuals endorse Ribadu with gushing enthusiasm . That is my opinion and I expect that others may think otherwise.

i respect your views and the way you put them across, although i am hesitant in supporting your candidate.
he has to work harder to earn my vote.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by icare1: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2010
i do not understand bakare, is talking about what God's will or his own will.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 08, 2011
Bakare is very right, Buhari may be just the tonic Nigeria needs
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Arosa(m): 11:37am On Jan 08, 2011
A self-avowed Islamic fundamentalist of the most extreme and depraved variety, Ayatollah Mullah Buhari is on record as having REPEATEDLY bellowed his rabid support for the forcible imposition of Islamic Sharia amputation law on Nigeria in its entirety, presumably after an envisioned Jihad holy war to exterminate all Christians and animists from that conquered nation of 120 million souls.
This is the only reason I am hesitant about Buhari. lipsrsealed
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2011
@Arosa,
If you remember that he has be proven and tested as president and PTF chairman, governor and none of those public office has he acted in a way to suggest he is a religous fanatic; You should be able to conclude that those charging him with religious fanaticism, are his enemies who want to decieve people about him.

Below is a link to a video interview where Buhari speak candidly about the accusations made against him.

http://www.saharareporters.com/video/general-muhammed-buhari-speaks

Arosa:

This is the only reason I am hesitant about Buhari. lipsrsealed
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Arosa(m): 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2011
GenBuhari, thanks for the video clip.
Re: Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2011
you are very welcome Arosa.

The video shows Buhari is modest about his achievements and praises our first generation of leaders after independence.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Scams Surpass Nigerian Scams?! / Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola / Occupy Nigeria Protest : Akure Ondo State Protest (pics And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.