Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

How You Know Whom To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How You Know Whom To Marry? (2468 Views)

Advise-he Is In Love With Two Girls But Don't Know Whom To Marry / Is It Advisable To Marry A Non Virgin Girl? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Know Whom To Marry? by estrella(f): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2010
There seems to be a lot of confusion about who to get married to these days.People are getting married for the wrong reasons and the divorce rate is shooting through the roof, People in the house who are married Christians should please let us young blood know, How did you guys know whom to marry? Did you seek God? Did he talk to you and say 'this is the one? were prophets who 'see' involved? gut instinct? How? and are you dead right about your choice at the end of the day? Please help! I'm about to end a six year relationship because I'm not sure God wants me to be with him; I've prayed and even fasted but i think what i want is getting mixed up with what God wants so i don't hear clearly.Your accounts might help me out, please, sad
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by Creamish(f): 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2010
if u pray n fast n d pix still isnt clear . . u guyz r prolly not meant to b together . when u meet your partner, u will know . . u'l av dis conviction deep down inside dat he/she is d one ure meant to spend your life with. As per fights, they'll happen but u need to know that divorce or a life long relationship all depends on u two.  wink
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by Woke4all(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2010
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2010
Have u prayed and fasted about it?When u r praying about somebody, take ur mind off the person and God will speak to u.Am very sure in 6yrs God has spoke only that u didnt hear.Dont consult anybody abt the issue so as not to get more confused.
As for me, i am very sure of the guy cos God has spoken to me on several occassion even when i was almost heading to the altar with another guy, God spoke again and be4 u know it that wedding plans collapsed on 2days or less.
The reason we have long courtship atimes is becos to me i believe God is working out somethings mayb in u or the other person if u r have prayed abt it and u r meant fro each other.After the marriage u guys become best of friends not only couples.
The reason why there are some many divorce rates is becos pple married  for wrong reason like impatience, selfishness,pressure and so on.
So u still have work to do about this ur rship.
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by 190: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2010
should i give my opinion
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by Gera1980(f): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
Hi Estrella,
I would like to say something even though I am not married yet. But at least I am a Christian.
From my point of view the duration of a relationship does not really tell you something about whether you should get married or not. I was in a relationship for more than 8 years and we were never talking about something like getting married. And I have always been asking myself if God really wants me to be with this guy. About 1 year ago me and some other girls met a group of "foreigners" and it just kicked me out of my shoes. I tried to talk to as many of them as I could (because that was why we met), but to be honest there was one boy I could barely take my eyes off. And the moment we started talking I was lost. He was so kind, so prudent. We were talking the rest of the day and in the end he asked me if he can give me his number and if we can meet again. I was very happy about that.
And even though I could not imagine to have a relationship with him then (as we were told that these boys are 16/17 years old and I was 29), I just knew that God held something else for me. I just quit my relationship the same day after more than 8 years in which I have been trying so hard to keep it going and forgiving any possible thing.
After about 1 month and countless times we met I found that the boy was 28. We both believe that it was destiny that we met this day and since then we are very happy together talking about having a happy family for about 10 months now (which unfortunately is not so easy as he is not in Germany legally).

So what I want to say is: Lisen to your gut feeling. If something does not feel right, I am sure this is not what God wants for you.
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by Enockia(m): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2010
u just know
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by Yorisb: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Topic

I didn't choose her, She choosed me!

However I learnt that She fasted/prayed for 21days, so you might as well use this route undecided
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by chiteny(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2012
Hi OP. you are the first beautiful lady (at least facially) that I have seen on NL. Kudos.
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by JohnsonElex(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
All you need to do is pray @poster
Re: How You Know Whom To Marry? by kepstone: 11:57pm On Apr 07, 2012
When it comes to choice of whom to marry there are 2 specific things involve. Ur choice and Gods choice and 4 me i prefer Gods choice. Lets look at it this way in ur mothers womb u did nt choose ur face, ur parent ur siblings, ur nationality, ur skin and so manythings God did i think he knows wats best 4 u dearie. However God respect ur choice if u decide to go ur way he wil guide u to d right person but if you totally surrender and let go and let God if u c Gods choice 4 u, u will run and abandon ur own. Note 1st available does nt necesarily mean best available. I hav had experience counselling ladies on issues partaining to there choice of a life partner. A very good example i wil like to use is in the case of my choir sister i wil call Dora. At 19 she was already an ND holder working in a reputable firm in Abuja. 1day she told me she was getting married @ 19 i was kind of suprise i knew ths babe did nt knw wt she is going in2. I strongly advice that she should nt go in. My words fell on deaf ears as the guy asking her hand in marriage was rich and very well 2 do he own some outlets and a fuel station... Woh dats money she the babe knew she would be stopd went ahead got pregnant 4 d guy the guy her heart fell for and a sharp sharp marriage was arranged. While al this happened i was in school. I got home my frnd told me do you knw that Dora is now a widow @ 19, that she got married to guy who later died in a ghastly auto crash while she was carrying his son in the womb. I garnered more info that the guy was not a christian but just came 2 church to get Dora. Now God has to use death to seperate them becos her choice of husband did not line up with Gods choice 4 her life. I was there when my pastor her pastor ask her to go into that marriage. Singles marriage is such a huge decision u can not make 4 urself alone u need Baba God. Some times it looks as if when we wait on God we think he we give wt we do not like so we take the lead ourselves. Let God take the wheel then he will lead u into his will. Its ur choice to let him in or shut him out.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Stop My Girl From Nagging? / Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before / Ladies Who Would You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.