Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread (10016 Views)

Poll: So what do you think?

Pre-ordered: 9% (2 votes)
Must Buy: 42% (9 votes)
I'll borrow the game: 23% (5 votes)
I'll pass: 4% (1 vote)
*sighs* Who Cares?: 19% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Official Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 Community For PS4 / Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games / FIFA 13 / PES 13/MASS EFFECT3/BLACK OPS II Now Available For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by omagames: 12:27am On Nov 12, 2010
@ibro911 thanks for your kind words and insight, however it would appear that you have not really done business in Nigeria or if you have done business in Nigeria you probably have never done importation.

To send a letter by courier within Nigeria cost a minimum of N1500 by any courier, you asking how much to send 350gms from UK ? the cheapest courier from UK to Nigeria for a letter is a minimum of £70!!!!

Have ever tried to buy foreign exchange, do you how the prices changes everyday, if you are a businessman I am sure you will have a' mallam' who will tell you the cost of £'s and $'s and the daily changes. How many times have tried to send money abroad to UK or US to buy something? How easy was it?

Have you ever imported anything into Nigeria? how much did you pay customs? How long did your goods stay at NAHCO shed?

£20 PCN for N6500, £4 profit is a rip off?? do you know much it costs to advertise on Google and Facebook every day, do you how much salary one pays in Nigeria to our staff?
When you buy a car in Nigeria is it exact equivalent in dollars to naira?  Like you, the more I think of your response, the more it's obvious you have no concept of business in Nigeria.

Fortunately 'omagames' is not the only online provider of games in Nigeria and all our prices are similar, why? Are we all of rip offs?

Anyway you are probably lucky, you have someone who brings games for from abroad for you that’s why you can afford to sell second hand games for ₦5000
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Bawss1(m): 1:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
This thread has started to derail. It was all about Black Ops in the begining now the focus is on Omagames. What the heck! angry

Me I'm waiting to get a used copy of the game like I said earlier. cheesy cheesy I've spent way too much on FPS.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by omagames: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2010
@Bawss1 Fair comment smiley I beg get what you can afford, I hear you my brother smiley
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Cougar: 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
ibro911:

Oga dont even go there.

http://www.omagames.com/productlist.asp?latest=true&paging=1

Let's even just say you ship from the UK which has relatively more expensive games than the US.

Black Ops in the UK is sold for £40 (₦10,000) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-PS3/dp/B0036ORNUC
You sell yours for ₦16,500. Are you trying to tell me that the shipping and custom costs for a game that weighs about one quarter of a kg is anywhere near ₦6,500??!!
What the hell kind of profit are you trying to make?? That sir, is plain cheating.

Heavy Rain, a game that came out in February and is being sold for £25 pretty much everywhere. Proof? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Heavy-Rain-PS3/dp/B002BWONF8
£25 = ₦6,250
You're selling it ₦14,500. That is an ₦8,250 difference! Is that business? No, that is exorbitance and exploitation.

You sell your £20 Playstation Network Cards for ₦7,500 and ₦6,500 if delivered by email.  These PSN cards are £20. £20 = ₦5,000.
Are there courier or custom costs for anything delivered by email? NO, but yet you choose to settle for a ₦1,500 profit for doing nothing but just buying something with very little effort and e-mailing it.

Please don't let me go on. It is sad that you are playing on the ignorance of your customers that probably work for their money. Unlike you, who wants to collect ₦1,500 for barely doing anything at all. You probably have it going easier where you are than many of the Nigerians in Nigeria, yet you still choose to extort them of the money they sweated for.  The more I think about it, the more disgusted I am.
Your conscience cant even stop you from telling me to list one overpriced game. Shame on you.

if you think you are being ripped off, why don't you start your own business and sell at the rate at which you buy them. omagames is not a charitable organization. they are there to make profit while providing quality service to their customers. you shot yourself in the foot comparing amazon prices with the prices on the high streets. if you think you are being robbed, dust your visa, buy a ticket to the ukk/usa, buy your game and go back to nigeria.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro911(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

if you think you are being ripped off, why don't you start your own business and sell at the rate at which you buy them. omagames is not a charitable organization. they are there to make profit while providing quality service to their customers. you shot yourself in the foot comparing amazon prices with the prices on the high streets. if you think you are being robbed, dust your visa, buy a ticket to the ukk/usa, buy your game and go back to nigeria.
HAHA I am not being robbed. I get my games for 11,000 regular release and sometimes 12,500 pre-release and it's from a guy that also ships his games from the US/UK. Now that's a fair price.
I get my PSN cards emailed to me at no additional costs for being a customer. That is a fair price. Not some 1,500 extra BS for doing nothing but just purchasing online and sending an email.
Are you really supporting these kind of crazy "profits"?? And sorry but what the hell is the "high streets"? Is it logical to buy your games for resale from somewhere that charges higher prices?

Wait, imagine being London(as you probably are) and getting your games for your fine and dandy £40(which is a tad bit higher than the regular American $50-60 but still acceptable) and you see another guy selling games for £70-80. Please be reasonable, what will be your reaction?

Cougar:

they are there to make profit while providing quality service to their customers.
*shaking my head* I'm trying hard not to say anything offensive here.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro911(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

HAHA I am not being robbed. I get my games for 11,000 regular release and sometimes 12,500 pre-release and it's from a guy that also ships his games from the US/UK. Now that's a fair price.
I get my PSN cards emailed to me at no additional costs for being a customer. That is a fair price. Not some 1,500 extra BS for doing nothing but just purchasing online and sending an email.
Are you really supporting these kind of crazy "profits"?? And sorry but what the hell is the "high streets"? Is it logical to buy your games for resale from somewhere that charges higher prices?

Wait, imagine being London(as you probably are) and getting your games for your fine and dandy £40(which is a tad bit higher than the regular American $50-60 but still acceptable) and you see another guy selling games for £70-80. Please be reasonable, what will be your reaction?

Cougar:

they are there to make profit while providing quality service to their customers.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro911(m): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

Wait, imagine being London(as you probably are) and getting your games for your fine and dandy £40(which is a tad bit higher than the regular American $50-60 but still acceptable) You see another guy selling games for £70-80; please be reasonable, what will be your reaction?

Cougar:

Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro911(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

Wait, imagine being in London(as you probably are) and getting your games for your fine and dandy £40(which is a tad bit higher than the regular American $50-60 but still acceptable) Then you see another guy selling games for £70-80; please be reasonable, what will be your reaction?

Cougar:

Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro911(m): 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

Wait, imagine being London(as you probably are) and getting your games for your fine and dandy £40(which is a tad bit higher than the regular American $50-60 but still acceptable)Then you see another guy selling games for £70-80; please be reasonable, what will be your reaction?

Cougar:

Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro911(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

Wait, imagine being in London(as you probably are) and getting your games for your fine and dandy £40(which is a tad bit higher than the regular American $50-60 but still acceptable) Then you see another guy selling games for £70-80; lease be reasonable, what will be your reaction?

Cougar:

Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Bawss1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2010
Cougar:

Well said. Its not like Omagames is charging the high heavens for their games, his prices are competitive.

omagames:

@Bawss1 Fair comment smiley I beg get what you can afford, I hear you my brother smiley

No problem man. Cheers smiley
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Bawss1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2010
Where did my posts go? angry
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Bawss1(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2010
Back to topic:

Activision and Treyarch have made a killing with Black Ops - $360million dollars generated on launch day sales alone! I'm curious, does this alone justify the GOTY title, is it really that great a game or are we seeing another example of excellent marketing.

Either way I know this game owns 2010. Completely.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro911(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2010
Cougar:

Wait, imagine being in London(as you probably are) and getting your games for your fine and dandy £40(which is a tad bit higher than the regular American $50-60 but still acceptable) Then you see another guy selling games for £70-80; please be reasonable, what will be your reaction?

Cougar:

Bawss1:

Back to topic:

Activision and Treyarch have made a killing with Black Ops - $360million dollars generated on launch day sales alone! I'm curious, does this alone justify the GOTY title, is it really that great a game or are we seeing another example of excellent marketing.

You seem to be forgetting Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2. Strong contenders for the GOTY title.
Even in the FPS genre, there's Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Another strong contender.
About Black Ops, i think it's both excellent marketing and giving the audience what they want. They looked at Modern Warfare 2, fixed its flaws and made some very nice additions.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ritchboy(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2010
you shot yourself in the foot comparing amazon prices with the prices on the high streets. if you think you are being robbed, dust your visa, buy a ticket to the ukk/usa, buy your game and go back to nigeria.

THIS! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro9111: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2010
Cougar:

Cougar:

Bawss1:

Back to topic:

You seem to be forgetting Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2. Strong contenders for the GOTY title.
Even in the FPS genre, there's Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Another strong contender.
About Black Ops, i think it's both excellent marketing and giving the audience what they want. They looked at Modern Warfare 2, fixed its flaws and made some very nice additions.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by lbro911: 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2010
Cougar:

HAHAHA I[ am not being robbed. I get my games for 11,000 regular release and sometimes 12,500 pre-release and it's from a guy that also ships his games from the US/UK. Now that's a fair price.

Cougar:

Bawss1:

Back to topic:

Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by ibro912: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2010
Hahaha being banned for not breaking any of the rules. I post one message and they say it's "spam".
Anyway, anyone supporting these kind of crazy profits is clearly insensible and also part of the cancer that is killing Nigeria. Even more so when you are not in Nigeria and you're still in support of crap like this.

Cougar:

Here is one dumb Nigerian.
ritchboy:

THIS! grin grin grin grin grin
Here is his brother.

First of all, I am not being robbed. I get my games 11 grand regular release and sometimes 12,500 pre-release from a guy that also ships his games from England/America. That is a fair price.
I get PSN card codes emailed to me at no additional charge for being a customer. That is a fair price.
Not some 1500 naira extra BS for doing nothing but just purchasing online and sending an email.

By the way, sorry but what the flying f[size=1pt].[/size]uck is the "high streets"?? Does it make sense to buy games you plan to resell from somewhere that charges higher??
Because you're probably in the UK and you're purchasing games for your fine and dandy £40. What will you say if you saw another person selling the same games for £70-£80?

"Shot yourself in the foot" my arse.
You're the ones Goodluck Jonathan calls "unpatriotic elements"   grin
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Bawss1(m): 8:15am On Nov 15, 2010
OK something weird is happening on this thread, people's posts are being eaten up by some mysterious being. First it was mine then Ibro911's. Moderator should either undelete the posts or fix the bug. Thank you. angry

Hope I don't banned for this now. smiley
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Mobinga: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2010
Sorry, its the Nairaland spambot. I have no control over that one. sad

Black Ops Graphics SUCKS!!!!
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Vacora(m): 12:07am On Nov 19, 2010
I have to agree : Call of Duty Black Ops graphics sucks. The gameplay is slow and the killstreaks are a tad childish and funny, Hunting dogs?? Don't mention spawning issues and host or initial game joining issues. People moaned about campers on MW2, hell!! It's worse on Black Ops!! Don't get me started about some of the weapons. Sorry but i think Infinity Ward won in the end.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Mobinga: 12:18am On Nov 19, 2010
Arrghh God Bless You! Thank God you ain't biased smiley wink
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Bawss1(m): 8:28am On Nov 19, 2010
Did you guys expect the game to be flawless? I don't know about the other issues raised but the graphics of Black Ops looks OK. Not terrific or terrible just OK, inline with the other COD titles.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2010
erm - working hotfile/rapidshare repack links? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by pinkysegun(m): 12:28am On Nov 21, 2010
i think most of u guys are black alaba edition of black ops anyways any ps3 gamer pes 2011 or call of duty can add me 'pinkeysegun' (ps3), would b fun playin along side nigerians rather than britons n americans lmao
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Dolemite(f): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2010
oyb:

erm - working hotfile/rapidshare repack links? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Thou not knowesth how to use Google?
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by GAR3TH(m): 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2010
the single player storyline was pretty good, if you tie all the clues together you'll find out that mason actually killed john F Kennedy.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Bawss1(m): 9:33am On Dec 14, 2010
Here's an interesting video made about Black Ops multiplayer lego style
[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smETLCCPTVo&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by teeboyseve(m): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
pinkysegun:

i think most of u guys are black alaba edition of black ops anyways any ps3 gamer pes 2011 or call of duty can add me 'pinkeysegun' (ps3), would b fun playin along side nigerians rather than britons n americans lmao

Check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-540894.0.html  we play PES2011 on there , we have a NAIJA community for NL players.
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by Mobinga: 10:50am On Dec 19, 2010
angry BLACK OPS SUCKS!!! MAJOR arse!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry

Modern Warfare 2 shits on this by miles angry angry angry angry
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by beeyee18: 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
Store Games On your Ps3 Harddisk Or Buy An Already Hacked Ps3
« on: Today at 07:54:56 PM »
Modify message

dude if u wanna hack your ps3(store games in the harddisk and play them witout the cd holla at me asap)15k per ps3 plus al give u 3games inside your harddisk plus i have an already hack ps3 fat 80gig wit 2 games inside it n 1 pad(45k) call me 08080187158 email beeyee18@gmail.com

U will pick any 3 games frm the list below and al put it in your harddisk buying or hacking

army of two)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Mortal Kombat vs DC

Super Street Fighter 4
PGA Tour 2010
Afro Samurai
Bourne Conspiracy
God Of War 3
Need for speed-pro streets
hell boy(final fantasy 13)

dark void
uncharted 2
smackdown vs raw 2010
The incredible hulk
boarderland
fifa 10

also if u wanna trade holla at me , any of the games listed above,

i also got a brand new xbox 360 S(slim) 250gig with 2 pads and headset,its brand new in the box very clean,
Re: The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread by pinkysegun(m): 1:13am On Jan 27, 2011
ps3 cant b hacked dnt b fooled only xbox can

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WIFI.COM.NG ...........what Is The Quality Of This Internet Service Provider / What YouTube Gaming Channels Do You Watch? / Illuminati Card Game Nwo:the Future On Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.