Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court (966 Views)

Saraki’s CCT Trial Adjourned Till 18 March As He Storms Court With 30 Senators / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Tambuwal Storms Court With 68 Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Beaf: 12:02am On Oct 12, 2010
[size=14pt]ABUJA BOMB BLAST: Dokpesi Storms Court[/size]
Author: Date: Oct 11th, 2010.

Embattled founder of African Independent Television; AIT, and Director General of the IBB Campaign Organization this morning stormed the Federal High Court Headquarters building in Abuja in company of two file- clutching lawyers from the Chambers of Chief Kalu Agabi; an Abuja based constitutional lawyer and former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice for a yet to be confirmed purpose.

Chief Dokpesi who drove into the court premises at about 9: 46 am in a black colored Toyota Land cruiser SUV with tinted glasses and an armed mobile policeman in tow, dashed straight to 3rd floor of the court complex where the Registrar’s office is located. He spent about 23 minutes at the desk of a court staff in charge of signature verifications for affidavits before storming out of the court premises in a hurry.

Attempts by newsmen to ascertain the purpose of his visit was greeted with a repeated “Thank you very much” from the embattled media mogul.

The Edo state high chief was arrested, interrogated, detained and released penultimate week over an alleged complicity in the “Independence Bomb Blast” which rocked the capital city of Abuja during the celebrations marking the nation’s 50th Anniversary. Lives of hapless Nigerians were lost and many more injured as a result of the bomb blast.

Dokpesi’s lawyers who were left behind also declined to divulge their mission at the court and stated that in due course it will be made known. Both left minutes later after Chief Dokpesi.

Investigations by PM News at the IBB Campaign Organization revealed that the visit at the court this morning may not be unconnected with the decision of the embattled media mogul to stave off further “harassment” by security operatives through fundamental rights enforcement proceedings. Inside sources at the IBB campaign office who spoke on the condition of anonymity stated that the Chief has a right, like every other Nigerian, to put a stop to the “incessant harassment” which operatives of the State Security Services are dishing out to him.

Soon after his release, Dokpesi planned a media briefing which was later rescheduled as he was requested to return back to the Headquarters of the SSS for further interrogations less than 24 hours after his release. He has been reporting at the SSS and may have become exhausted from series of interrogations that he is seeking a legal option to a stop to it.

By Nnamdi Felix / Abuja

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/11/abuja-bomb-blast-dokpesi-storms-court/
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 12, 2010
I'm not sure he can get a court injunction that will bar him from being investigated.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Olaolufred(m): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2010
He can't get that.

I can not really rely on Nigerian Police, sss or NIA for this Investigation due to some Insinuations from IBB fans that it was political.

However, I await the result from CIA,UK,M15 and Interpol.

After that, I will go with the result.

But only a mad Jurist will grant an Injuction to a person under Investigation for a grave crime.

Sooner or later, we shall know the truth.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Beaf: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2010
^
The foreign intelligence agencies will not give a separate result from SSS and NIA. They have provided Nigeria with tip offs, warnings, cash movements etc and continue to aid Nigerian investigations, ultimately though, the result will be provided by Nigeria and the culprits will be dealt with by Nigeria.

People crying about the efforts being driven by politics will find that the evidence is of an international nature, backed up by foreign intelligence services, so there will be very little wriggle room. All they are doing now is attempting to get public sympathy, but govt must press on and not be drawn into their shenanigans.

Dokpesi is obviously wasting his time. I see the case being thrown out.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by SegzyJoe(m): 9:48am On Oct 12, 2010
@ When it is a national security issue, there is no court that can stop state from investigating you, even in ordinary criminal case. If it were to be under the military, he would have been detained for months under the
notorious "Decree 2"
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Charlesook(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2010
I see high chief Dokpesi going down and AIT becoming a tale for up-coming generations. The story will be like this " I used to hear there was a TV station called AIT", I pity the poor employees who are going to be affected by this heinous, wicked and heartless act from their Boss. Sorry, Nigerians would have pleaded on your behave Chief but it's quite unfortunate that innocent lives of poor Nigerians were involved in this issue. You reap what you sow man. IBB being so wise and conny has used you now you are to face it.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by seunmsg(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2010
Afterall, Dokpesi said he knows nothing about the bomb blast, how come he is now running to the court to prevent the state security service from investigating him. He is running out of time and very soon, his deeds will catch up with him.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 12, 2010
Court can not stop SSS from investigation but they can stop SSS from harrassing or intimidating Dokpesi unnecessarily and hence enforce |Dokpesi's fundamental human rights.

I think this is a good move.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Olaolufred(m): 11:26am On Oct 12, 2010
mikeansy:

Court can not stop SSS from investigation but they can stop SSS from harrassing or intimidating Dokpesi unnecessarily and hence enforce |Dokpesi's fundamental human rights.

I support your comment here in part.

While he should be Investigated if there is link suggesting such.

He must not be Intimidated or brutalized in any way.

I believe that Dokpesi is Innocent until proven otherwise.

However, court can't stop our security agencies from brutality or Intimidation,

It has to be a social change to erase such.

IBB, Abacha and OBJ had used the security apparatus in Nigeria in brutalising people.

They are used to it. But Dokpesi must be brave enough to get audio/video records of anytime he is imtimidated or brutalized.

This will be hard, but I believe that man's right should not be Infringed.

"Even Inmates still have their right".

It is a pity that IBB who is against people's right is the man Dokpesi sits with.

I pray he doesn't regret this decision. IBB only uses men.

Pray he doesn't bring Dokpesi down flat.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Beaf: 11:27am On Oct 12, 2010
mikeansy:

When national security is in question, those things tend to be detrimentally balanced with practicality. In simple words, if one threatens the state, they have effectively declared an act of war; therefore, if the slimmest evidence points at Dokpesi, he is wasting his own time. SSS won't even need to turn up in court, the judge can simply declare the matter to be beyond the courts jurisdiction.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by nex(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2010
Maybe he went to submit a signed confession and tried to broker a plea bargain.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by icare1: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2010
how can someones phone lines be monitored without deadline all in the name of investigation

i will not be suprised if jonathan wants to keep tabs on the man in the name of we are investigating booooom blast.

every nigerian has a right to his privacy.

anything is possible
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Olaolufred(m): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2010
i care:

how can someones phone lines be monitored without deadline all in the name of investigation

i will not be suprised if jonathan wants to keep tabs on the man in the name of we are investigating booooom blast.

every nigerian has a right to his privacy.

anything is possible

I-care,

Seems you don't really care. Your views put one person above National security.

3-months ago, Dokpesi's phone call was not monitored.

Why did that change now, sometin has happened.

We've read some links. Not yet conclusive.

While Investigation is on, you can't assume that such people should be left to cover up or muddle up Investigations.

Let us remove emotions and follow the path of dignity.

If he was arrested like this in IBB days, he wouldn't even making calls again by now.

He would have been in a solitary underground cell.

Let us be patient a bit. Truth will be out soon.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by na2day(m): 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2010
The chicken is coming home to roost!
We all know the brain behind
THE GENIUS HIMSELF tongue

Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
Beaf:

When national security is in question, those things tend to be detrimentally balanced with practicality. In simple words, if one threatens the state, they have effectively declared an act of war; therefore, if the slimmest evidence points at Dokpesi, he is wasting his own time. SSS won't even need to turn up in court, the judge can simply declare the matter to be beyond the courts jurisdiction.

sounds like beaf and al mustapha have a lot in common

if these are the sounds coming from aso rock, then gej is simply abacha in civilian garb
Re: Abuja Bomb Blast: Dokpesi Storms Court by Olaolufred(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2010
I am sure Dokpesi would not be granted to stop Investigation.

If Bomb blast is an act of Terror, then it direct against the state.

Constitution is there to protect the state.

So, the court would only allow him to be investigated without his right being infringed upon.

I support that the man must not be intimidated. But would definitly not be relaxed as he used to be.

(1) (Reply)

The Governor Imo State Ikedi Ohakim Declares His Intention To Rule Again / Man Gets 27 Months In Nigerian E-mail Scam- Scammed Woman Out Of $150,000 / Jos Crisis: Day Women Rioted Against Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.