Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding (15314 Views)

Shop All You Need For Your Wedding With Myusabuy4us . / What You Need For Your Next Occasion / What You Need For Your Events (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by ollypass: 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2010
LeoMax:

Traditional marriage wont be higher than 5m in the East, 1m in the West and about 50,000 in the North.

grin grin grin Haba na oxfam or gallup polls abi which organization reveal this survey?
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by engrksa(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
My bros, what is wat doing is worth doing best.
I married in july dis yr. for a medium marriage i.e court, plus traditional & church, 1.2M will be ok for u. because u will call caterers & der price starts from #900-#1500 per plate per person. Imagine if ur guest is close to 300. Italian Suit standard cost from 35k, her gown cost 55k, rings cost 75k, hall rentage, say 50k, shoe 10k, her shoe 15k, chairs & hall decorations 50k, the list is end less it depends on u. Try & do ya planning with ur partner. Finally, do spend more than u get. Marriage is the aftermath result of the ceremony not d chop chop.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Ranoscky(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2010
sexy74:

no matter how much you spend for a wedding that does not make it succesful but good planning and organization.

Tozilly:

You are not yet ready as no amount is too big or small. You're the one that knows what and how you want it to be.

MOD, pls close the thread for the answer to the so called 'REGULAR' weddin has been provided !!!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by engrksa(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2010
My bros, what is wat doing is worth doing best.
I married in july dis yr. for a medium marriage i.e court, plus traditional & church, 1.2M will be ok for u. because u will call caterers & der price starts from #900-#1500 per plate per person. Imagine if ur guest is close to 300. Italian Suit standard cost from 35k, her gown cost 55k, rings cost 75k, hall rentage, say 50k, shoe 10k, her shoe 15k, chairs & hall decorations 50k, the list is end less it depends on u. Try & do ya planning with ur partner. Finally, do spend more than u get. Marriage is the aftermath result of the ceremony not d chop chop.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by anon2: 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ poster

Sexy74 has given you the basic and crucial things you need to do or think of in planning for your wedding. Whether Traditional or church, you would need a place for the event, think about the food , your guest and so on e.t.c

So i suggest the following in addition to sexy74

a) Get your budget and try to work round it like what others have rightly said; you do not want to get broke after the wedding

b) Decide on whether you wish to conduct a traditional or church wedding. If the two, then decide on which of the two you want to concentrate on

c) Remember, you can work round it; you do not have to be rich to get married.

Most often than not, people spend more because of the number of guests they have to take care of. You do not have to follow the crowd if you are looking for a budget wedding then curb the number of invites to your wedding.

Check more of budget busters and other interesting wedding info on www.myweddingnigeria.com
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Meldrick(m): 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2010
africanist:

We must change our orientation as Africans. Today, we celebrates double wedding ceremonies due to our colonial experience. The engagement i.e. the traditional wedding is original to Africa. However, the church or registry was borrowed from Europeans. Spending on double-wedding is a waste. U can register your marriage with little or no cost at the registry and go to church for marriage blessing without crowds, and later do the main thing "African traditional wedding". BEST OF LUCK.

Great point bro
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by 3pac(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2010
It'll be heavily dependent on where you're marrying from as well.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by suedoh2006(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2010
It all depend how small or big you want the event to be. The bigger it is the more expensive it become while on the other hand, if is small the lesser the cost.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by latepa(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2010
atleast hold up to 200,000 CFA smiley then your family will help too.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
Depends on the location and your guests.

Put in mind:

Your friend's friend's friend's friend's etc will also be there.
Your family's family's family's family's friend's friend's friend's etc.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by akinmacaul: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
O boy !!!
It seems people are now cutting costs on wedding as it attracts unnecesary attention. Cant imagine spending 3 million on a wedding when i can buy a house in Ibafo for the same amount.

Shine your eye for whether u like it or not, people will still complain about what wasnt done right on your wedding day (2-day event).

Planning to give my fiancee of a choice to make; Flambouyant wedding or a 2009 IV-Tec?

Sure, u know ma preference,
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Babosa: 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
Contact JODOT EVENTS for reasonable prices. 0802 310 3460
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by tkb417(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2010
assuming a 350k budget. can u help split d money on every thing the money should be wisely spent on ( assuming its to be held in ph )
shocked shocked shocked shocked

350k?

u no go buy suit? rent hall? abi den no go chop?

abi u wan borrow suit?

if u have just 350k, just go to the registry with your papa and mama and siblings on both sides and y'all march on to your house afterwards

share taste fried chicken packs amongst the 2 families ( a pack shd go for 800 naira), buy la casera for the 2 families and take fotoshots (at the court)

you can now proceed to your village for your honeymoon.

with your 350k, this itinerary is bang on order
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2010
Contact event planers and make sure you check you account balance before getting into anything.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by apoti(m): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
My own is that you should cut your cloth according to your size and material.
Don't run into debt so you can enjoy your honeymoon.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by judebeyou: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2010
take you babe to paris, hawaii, ajegunle.
show are what she has not seen bf
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by sulakishop(m): 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2010
Go thru dis, it might help u,

Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by denzel2009: 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2010
Depends on how flamboyant and demanding your wife-to-be and in-laws are.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Centino: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2010
what u need is a wife not a wedding

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by r231(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2010
sulakishop:

Go thru dis, it might help u,

nice

but how long ago is dis
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by babaowo: 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2010
plan your wedding as if you need the certificate for visa runz,whalai you wont spend than 125k, oko iyawo lol
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by marcus1234: 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
if u can bring out 2 million u don try at least they maybe other people that will support in one way or the other but 2 million is average budget to do just fine
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by baslone: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2010
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by feelme3(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2010
Dear "Average Lagos Worker",

TRANSPORTATION: if in the "not so urban" Local Councils, any Okada you give #500 per hour will thank you, so 4 okadas to convey u, ur wifey and 2 witnesses to the registry = #2000. But in the urban Councils u will not need to pay per hour. u will always find another okada after the registry ceremony. cost of 4 okadas (assuming u no wan "lap"wink #200 each =#800.

Ceremony: Suits and gowns are not mandatory for registry weddings. any of ur "Church" clothes will do.
Refreshment: You should have food in the house. If not, she should demonstrate her "wifeability" by making you a good pot of soup or Rice with #2K (as per wedding day o!) when you guys come back home.

What else? Ok, Budget #2k for the registry officials (you may also need to photocopy the certificate).
Total (assuming worst case scenario) =2K Okada+2K Soup+2K Miscellaneous =6K.
NB: Anybody that comes to your "wedding" should bring you gift no vice versa!
*scratches head* Now, go ask anybody, which is more valid: the jamboree that you will get onto debt for so that you will have a "talk of the town" wedding; or just going to the registry and doing your thing, after which if God blesses you later in Life, you can take her to Disney or Monte Carlo and re-enact a fairy tale wedding for her?

"Average Lagos worker" If wedding matter don worry you sotaay u post am for NL, na fraud or kidnapping dey drag you so o! Shut that OVATION magazine and get back to work! grin
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by dayokanu(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2010
In Naija, I had a colleague who came to work in the morning and left at 10am for his wedding the same day. By 8am the following day he was back at work.

I am sure he took his laptop to the wedding self
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2010
tkb417:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

350k?

u no go buy suit? rent hall? abi den no go chop?

abi u wan borrow suit?

if u have just 350k, just go to the registry with your papa and mama and siblings on both sides and y'all march on to your house afterwards

share taste fried chicken packs amongst the 2 families ( a pack shd go for 800 naira), buy la casera for the 2 families and take fotoshots (at the court)

you can now proceed to your village for your honeymoon.

with your 350k, this itinerary is bang on order
i wwill better not listen to u and ur type cos i will remain single.some response made more sense
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by shesco24(m): 12:06am On Oct 14, 2010
Just try and visit the event planners because we don't know the kinda wedding you will be having and how many guest and all that. But i will advice normally, the smallest wedding i have known of will consume atleast 300k. Just plan it out and it might even be more or less for you.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Arysexy(m): 12:30am On Oct 14, 2010
if u be yoruba, u cant run away from OWAMBE party, so u need a least 1m to block the road with assorted orishi rishi! Gudluck!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Arysexy(m): 12:38am On Oct 14, 2010
if u be yoruba, u cant run away from OWAMBE party, so u need a least 1m to block the road with assorted orishi rishi! Gudluck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Used Event Centre In Ojodu/ikeja / FoodClique Feeds Over 1000 Residents of Ebute Meta - Community Kitchen / National Peace Awards 2019 Holds In Style In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.