Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem (3273 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by 12large1: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2010
Nigeria lost to guinea 1-0 yesterday, but the thing that pain me past is the bad selection of the team by eguavor losing to guinea is not a suprise even in the days of okocha,finidi and co we still did not win guinea at conery so wat makes us think losing to guinea with these corrent players is a suprise. in this current super eagles team i would say this again and again, whether siasia,keshi,eguavor or amodu is hired if we cannot find a good traditional attacking midfilder or playmaker we are nothing just imagine this game against guinea with ayila and sunday worse of all instead playing kalu in the middle he plays him as a winger, the man now has the excuse of saying if mikel and etuhu was there it would have been different as if to say mikel or etuhu is a midfield creator now to our options in midfield i have 5 in my mind that should be in this current team

1. rabiu ibrahim
2. haruna lukman
3. joel obi
4. emmanuel ekpo
5. stanley okoro

for nigeria team to suceed we need to give one of these five players a big role in the team.
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by 12large1: 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2010
also al these talk about homebase team is totally nonsense and rubbish nigeria current homebase suck. a team that cannot win niger don't deserve a chance in main eagles, homebase is definetly not the answer just look at the way ahmed musa dump kano pillars for a small club in holland
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by Kennyblues(m): 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2010
John Mikel Obi is the answer
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by Chicent(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2010
12large1:

also al these talk about homebase team is totally nonsense and rubbish nigeria current homebase suck. a team that cannot win niger don't deserve a chance in main eagles, homebase is definetly not the answer just look at the way ahmed musa dump kano pillars for a small club in holland

dey all want to play abroad&not to be called homebase.wel i see ahmed musa as d best option for an attacking midfilder,then maybe a lukman aruna can come in.stanley okoro not really ripe for eagles, i think
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by denitro(m): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
I think Stanley okoro should have been taken to the world cup to gain experience.
Messi, Ronaldo etc were taken to their 1st world cup when they were very young and even those they didn't play
a major role, they gained immense experience.
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by mbmania(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2010
Probably Mikel
cool
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by babaowo: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2010
well why you talking about s/e again,focus on your life,MAN
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by Ranoscky(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2010
^
My broda, dat guy lyf taya walai. just even check d comment wey im make below:

12large1:

Sombody left nigeria for a better european football and environment, naim dis one com hia dey yan tube & tire !!!

12Large, u need to get a pair of balls !!!
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by chukwudi06(m): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
Wilson Oruma can do d magic
Mikel Obi is more or less a defender.
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by adexchamp(m): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
I think Ahmed Musa will make a good attacking midfielder in near future for the super eagles and time to use him is now,let's just stop all this hullabaloo about mikel obi who is just not ready to play for Nigeria but insist on playing for money at chelsea, he just a piece of S.H I.T
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by EmekaJs(m): 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
lso al these talk about homebase team is totally nonsense and rubbish nigeria current homebase suck. a team that cannot win niger don't deserve a chance in main eagles, homebase is definetly not the answer just look at the way ahmed musa dump kano pillars for a small club in holland

GBAM
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by samstels: 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
We already have the answer and we are still searchin

MIKEL OBI IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by orangemen: 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
@12large1,
is this poster same as the 12large? are u in a kind of promotion or what? is there any possibility that u were blocked? if they have blocked ur original id, it means u will soon be 12large12.
as usual, u can't stay away from useless topics.
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by 12large1: 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
bros stop all this mikel nonsense from 2007 to 2010 mikel was given chance as a playmaker but he fumbled so lets leave at his best position dm
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by Ranoscky(m): 6:22am On Oct 14, 2010
orangemen:

@12large1,
is this poster same as the 12large? are u in a kind of promotion or what? is there any possibility that u were blocked? if they have blocked your original id, it means u will soon be 12large12.
as usual, u can't stay away from useless topics.
grin grin grin

I didn't even notice it, i guess he was banned before.

The guy need to get a pair of balls really !!!!
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by medjai(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2010
12large1:

this same Niger defeated Egypt that have won the last three editions of AFCON. I guess almighty Egypt "sucks" too. There are no minnows in African football anymore, havent you heard?
I think the problem with our play is not the lack of a creative midfielder but the lack of a playing pattern. Our players just get on the pitch and freestyle that's why their play is always disjointed and uncoordinated
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by mystikal(m): 9:03am On Oct 14, 2010
Playing with a play maker is NOT the only effective way of playing football
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by oweniwe(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2010
12large1:

bros stop all this mikel nonsense from 2007 to 2010 mikel was given chance as a playmaker but he fumbled so lets leave at his best position dm
you no de learn. Compare the results of eagles matches with and without mikel and tell us which have better results. During the world cup, mikel no play, what's the result? Leave mikel alone jor. I wonder why u hate that guy so much. He kidnap your mama?
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by Ranoscky(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2010
medjai:

this same Niger defeated Egypt that have won the last three editions of AFCON. I guess almighty Egypt "sucks" too. There are no minnows in African football anymore, havent you heard?
I think the problem with our play is not the lack of a creative midfielder but the lack of a playing pattern. Our players just get on the pitch and freestyle that's why their play is always disjointed and uncoordinated

Lecture him !!!
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by real4jesus: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2010
mschewwwwwwwwwww! USELESS TOPIC!
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by PurestBoy(m): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2010
Mikel for Ballon'dor grin grin grin
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by PurestBoy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2010
[size=16pt]Jack Wilshere is better than Mikel Obi[/size]
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by manblaaque(m): 12:19am On Oct 15, 2010
i dont know y u ar all clamoring 4haruna lukman.we all saw d guy at d world cup,he kept playin 2d gallery,wtout makin any contribution 2d team(offensively&defencively).cant rememba him completn a single pass!he would fall like a pack of cardz under any pressure watsoeva 4rm d opponent etc, play mikel in defensiv mdfld,&use a dynamic, hungry homebased attackn midfilder!
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by mensdept: 12:44am On Oct 15, 2010
samstels:

We already have the answer and we are still searchin

MIKEL OBI IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on what? You've been watching too much ChelseaTV
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by mensdept: 12:45am On Oct 15, 2010
manblaaque:

i dont know y u ar all clamoring 4haruna lukman.we all saw d guy at d world cup,he kept playin 2d gallery,wtout makin any contribution 2d team(offensively&defencively).cant rememba him completn a single pass!he would fall like a pack of cardz under any pressure watsoeva 4rm d opponent etc, play mikel in defensiv mdfld,&use a dynamic, hungry homebased attackn midfilder!

Dont know about hungry homebased midflr but clearly Haruna is not Okocha, nor Donovan. Right on!
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by 12large1: 3:17am On Oct 15, 2010
well haruna was not that good in the world cup, but he can be forgiven maybe world cup pressure got to him, because he was very impressive against korea and colombia. although haruna can never be a new okocha he has the potential to be a new essien. please don't even mention homebase they are totally rubbish there might be ur average one good player there but overall they suck.
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by 12large1: 3:19am On Oct 15, 2010
also haruna was playing two roles at the world cup since that dunce "largerback" was already playing 2dm why not let haruna be the out and out playmaker instead he played him as a defensive and attacking midfilder
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by Ranoscky(m): 4:10am On Oct 15, 2010
^^

I would advice u to stop creatin and contributin to sports topic b'cos, you'r of same with mama gee !!!

(No expirience in football analysm)
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by orangemen: 8:34am On Oct 15, 2010
well haruna was not that good in the world cup, but he can be forgiven maybe world cup pressure got to him, because he was very impressive against korea and colombia. although haruna can never be a new okocha he has the potential to be a new essien. please don't even mention homebase they are totally rubbish there might be your average one good player there but overall they suck.

also haruna was playing two roles at the world cup since that dunce "largerback" was already playing 2dm why not let haruna be the out and out playmaker instead he played him as a defensive and attacking midfilder

@12large1,
i wonder where you are and how u come into existance. how on earth do u wish in ur whole wide dream compare haruna to essien? in what aspects? essien is like 3 in 1 player. he is called a box to box player meaning he can run from his 18 yard box to that of the oponent every now and then and for a clearer definition, he defends as well as attacks. where do u see haruna operate with energy? haruna's major problem is stamina of which many soccer pundits are saying he is an old man and as such lack the power of a young man.
must you comment? like someone said above, u have to stop discussing football because u know nothing abt it.
b4 world cup u were here making noise abt haruna and now u have accepted his was swalloed by the world cup preasure.
haruna lacks football exposure at big stages.
at a point u were here to announce that inter was going for haruna. how do u make up these rubbish news of urs?
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by 12large1: 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2010
look at this "mikelrapper" i guess u did not watch haruna last season please go and watch him he played like essien as a midfilder he was everywhere "mikelrapper" haruna is definetly not like someone that would pass the ball sideways all the time the guy has already scored about 4 screamers one against lille,sochaux,colombia all of them from 25yards wetin mikel don do sidepass back to terry or sidepass back to drogba. haruna is even better than essien as an attacking midfilder
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by mystolad(m): 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
everybody is commenting basing on likeness and hates, Haruna,Mikel,Musa and others are good. What can this people offer us? I'm happy Nigeria has got a new defensive midfielder in Mikel. Do you guys think we need someone who only wants to play for Nigeria because of international recognition? The solution to our problem is the Federation,Technical crew and players. Do u think Midfield is the only problem we have? agree with me all our indigenous coaches had failed us. we need a coach who will know how best to use the players not how they are been used? We need football federation who are determined and goal oriented. Mikel,Haruna and home based players are not our problem.
Re: Who Can Solve Super Eagles Playmaking/attacking Midfield Problem by 12large1: 2:04am On Oct 16, 2010
yap brother midfield is our biggest problems. center back there is apam and adeleye, wingers there is osaze,obinna,okoro forward there is uche,obasi,chrisantus,martins but midfield there is nobody how can nigeria coach have the odersity to say mikel and etuhu was missed thats how low nigeria midfield has gone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pogba Latest Tweet Made United Fans Angry! / Why Is Bet9ja Site Down Since Yesterday!! / Premiership Fixtures For 2008/2009 Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.