Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King (46183 Views)

Tiwa Savage Rents Entire Cinema For Son To Watch The Lion King / Victoria Kimani Steps Out In Sexy Transparent Outfit (Photos) / Man Slapped For Grabbing Victoria Kimani’s Ass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 17, 2019
Kenyan born, Nigeria based singer, Victoria Kimani has reacted to the exclusion of the Kenyans and other East Africans artists from The Lion King: The Gift, the new companion album spearheaded by Beyoncé for the forthcoming Lion King.

According to Kimani said she is depressed by the exclusion of the Kenyans artists from the Soundtrack.

She wrote on Twitter;

"As much as we celebrate with our fellow Africans... The obvious exclusion of Kenyans / East Africans on this Soundtrack is Depressing... The movie was based on KENYA."

https://twitter.com/VICTORIA_KIMANI/status/1151217394028699648?s=20

Let's not forget Victoria Kimani once dissed Tiwa Savage and Ycee in her fvckyouchallenge song. Where she calls the female Afro-pop artist a grandma, who was turning 45 but was still pretending to be an African bad girl.

She also came for rapper Ycee and accused him of stealing lyrics without giving credits.

According to a series of tweets sighted by MANDY NEWS, fans can be seen trolling Kimani.

Source: https://mandynews.com/victoria-kimani-reacts-to-exclusion-of-kenyans-artists-from-beyonces-lion-king/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 17, 2019
lalasticlala Seun mynd44

2 Shares

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Sundaygeorge: 2:50am On Jul 17, 2019
I think say Victoria kimani na Yoruba babe.. ...

7 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by adewest1999(m): 3:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Q
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by trendymarseey(f): 3:11am On Jul 17, 2019
hmmmmn

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by YungMillionaire: 3:13am On Jul 17, 2019
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by northvietnam(m): 3:14am On Jul 17, 2019
she thinks Queen Bay was looking for Love vendures like her....

I dont blame you shaaaa, i blame Twitter that dishes out verification to every Tom and Dick out there.

Metcheeeeeew

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by COURVOISier(m): 3:14am On Jul 17, 2019
cool
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Businext: 3:16am On Jul 17, 2019
tongue

Make sense like when they produced Troy with Brad Pitt and they did not use indigenous Greeks I watched a video where a Greek woman who went for audition was denied and the role was given to an Albanian instead cool

Imagine if they dare act Queen Amina or Queen Idia or King Jaja or Biographies on Chinua Achebe or Rotimi Williams and they use South Africans or Liberians,
Nancy all of us go carry placards nau angry

I'm still waiting to watch John Wick 3, I beg who don't get am?

#SayYesToIndegenousActorsAndActresses

Check my siggy

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by SAMTOBIJU(m): 3:17am On Jul 17, 2019
You are too controversial for Beyonce liking. By the way, all the stars she featured, Who be your mate among them?

30 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Tifesingz: 3:17am On Jul 17, 2019
Some people can be wicked sha. How can you say Tiwa Savage represented Nigeria and Kenya

Kimani is in sifia pain right now

56 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Prezzkhid(m): 3:18am On Jul 17, 2019
That "go and do your own lion king and feature your Kenya artist" really touched my soul... Its just some minutes past 3 but the guy have made my day with that comment...

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by olassybaba: 3:22am On Jul 17, 2019
K
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by ifiokbenzy(m): 3:26am On Jul 17, 2019
Maybe she's right in as much as "Simba - the Lion king" was a Safari concept. Beyonce knows better who can deliver what she wants...

9 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by boss1310(m): 3:28am On Jul 17, 2019
if the story is based on kenya then Kenya has contributed the settings of the movie while Nigeria is one of the countries that contributed to the soundtrack shikena

46 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by BABANGBALI: 3:29am On Jul 17, 2019
trendymarseey:
hmmmmn
why are you moaning at this time of the day?the thing touch you for throat ni? Abeg sofri sofri ogrin grin

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by namiji2598: 3:31am On Jul 17, 2019
Let me booked a space and sleep lipsrsealed tomorrow morning I will comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 17, 2019
ifiokbenzy:
Maybe she's right in as much as "Simba - the Lion king" was a Safari concept. Beyonce knows better who can deliver what she wants...

Abi! It's a business thing. And she has to make her money.

BTW, that woman too has the right to complain. It's her business.

Nothing to take person in all this, just two business and their interests.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by BerryAnny(m): 3:33am On Jul 17, 2019
Africans and our sense of entitlement or should I say this Kimani is simply being stupid?
You're questioning someone on who and who she selects to work with on her project,her f*cking project not yours.
What happened to you selecting other artistes you feel were 'neglected' and record your album too?
That's how Bonang or what's she called ranting Beyonce didn't feature any South African artiste,forming Pan-African on top another man's work.
Idiats!!!

22 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by jjwaterfalls(f): 3:40am On Jul 17, 2019
Eya!!!! Pls take heart

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Chanchit: 3:40am On Jul 17, 2019
Maybe na Tiwa savage cause that one too.
Even if Beyonce feature her, wetin she wan sing there tori olorun, cos if they tell her to nominate one artist from East Africa now, she wii mention her name.

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Craigslists: 3:44am On Jul 17, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Hugo55(m): 3:52am On Jul 17, 2019
The time is 10 mins to 4 am, what am I doing on NL.
Time to communicate with God.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Hugo55(m): 3:53am On Jul 17, 2019
The time is 10 mins to 4 am, what am I doing on NL.
Time to communicate with God.

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by RZArecta2(m): 3:55am On Jul 17, 2019
Such an album is for talented musicians only not talented long distance runners. Vicky should stick to marathon biko cool

7 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Burgerlomo: 3:56am On Jul 17, 2019
She's right though cool

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by 9jaRealist: 3:56am On Jul 17, 2019
Businext:
tongue

Make sense like when they produced Thor with Brad Pitt and they did not use indigenous Greeks I watched a video where a Greek woman who went for audition was denied and the role was given to an Albanian instead cool

Imagine if they dare act Queen Amina or Queen Idia or King Jaja or Biographies on Chinua Achebe or Rotimi Williams and they use South Africans or Liberians,
Nancy all of us go carry placards nau angry

I'm still waiting to watch John Wick 3, I beg who don't get am?

#SayYesToIndegenousActorsAndActresses

Check my siggy

Some of you are tragically funny...
There are American rappers on the soundtrack but Africans are busy complaining about other Africans. CRABS!
undecided
>

9 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Here we go again......

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by ayusco85(m): 4:21am On Jul 17, 2019
Please who is she? Here in South Korea we don't know who she is, never heard of her

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by MariaAngeles: 4:23am On Jul 17, 2019
It's either she's jealous of Nigerian artistes, especially the females, or she wished she were Nigerian, or both .

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

New Photos Of Davido And Chris Brown At A Concert / Lolo1 Of Wazobiafm Blasts Comedienne Princess / Mompha Buys N130m Lamborghini Aventador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.