Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

"agbo Gbo-gbo-nse" Bitter Medicine - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "agbo Gbo-gbo-nse" Bitter Medicine (1409 Views)

Beyond Medicine / Essay Competition - Information On 2010 FBN And NSE Essay Competition / The 2009 Nse And Fbn Essay Competition. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"agbo Gbo-gbo-nse" Bitter Medicine by Orikinla(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2007
Kindly oblige to read the Parables of the Sower and Talents by Jesus Christ in the Holy Bible and you can go on Google and search for the post Seven Reasons Why I Fell in Love With Jesus Christ.

America and the developed countries are ahead of us, because they have the keys of wisdom into the Kingdom. But we are confused masses of hypocrites wallowing in ignorance and corruption, the cause of our poverty.

That is why the eighth largest oil producer in the world is lagging far behind among the poorest countries on earth.

Millions of us troop to the churches and mosques, claiming to know God and His prophets, but as Jesus Christ rightly said, "by their fruits, you shall know them", the rest of the world cannot be fooled by our lies and hypocrisies and heresies in the dubious guise of religion.

When Helon Habila was here, he was relatively unknown and the best Nigeria could do was to imprison him for writing the truth. Then the Western world gave him the Caine Prize for his literary genius and took him away from Nigeria.

Chris Abani also went through the same ordeal for his writing and left for America where he is now a multiple award winning novelist and poet and recites his poetry and prose to packed halls.

The only time our halls are packed in Nigeria is when they are having another “Owambe” merrymaking over perishable things or having a hip-hop party where the No Future Ambition (NFA) crowds of youths indulge in defeatist and escapist acts of wanton ignorance and corruption. But the 17 years old, Folake is winning award as one of the most extraordinary young people in America.

Our talents are wasting away in Nigeria, in neglected campuses with the worst toilet facilities I have ever seen and in deposit and withdraw workplaces just making ends meet.

The greatest ambition of our girls and young women is to con a rich man into a relationship or marriage and finis.

The greatest ambition of our boys and young men is to get their degree by desperate measures and get a job to earn a seven-digit salary and finis.

No wonder Nigeria is a nation of consumers. And the main source of revenue is the crude oil that the White oil workers help us to pump and export.

While we in the Niger Delta produce the oil, the rest of the lazy majority in the north share contracts and oil blocs and are rigging elections for elective posts to squander our oil wealth while they have abandoned their groundnut and cotton plantations, except for their sick cattle and fowls spreading mad cow disease and avian flu.

This is the bitter truth. I have no apologies or regrets.

The writers who are faithful patriots live like friars and even beg the ignorant masses to read their books.

In America and the other developed countries, writers are seen as the beacons of civilization. The celebration of writers is the celebration of life and so while their life flourish, we languish in anguish in Nigeria and the rest of the underdeveloped world, groping in the darkness of our perpetual ignorance.

We celebrate our mediocrity shamelessly in all strata of the routines of our life from Lagos to Abuja. And those who claim to be rich, live in their fool’s paradise.

The rich man in Nigeria is wanted for financial crimes. His families, cronies, and dogs are fasting and praying him to escape from trial. Bloody crooks, rogues, liars, hypocrites; vipers, and prostitutes.

What we sow we reap.

Now I have to be happy, because I have to go to where I am celebrated, even by those who are not Nigerians, welcoming me to come and stay to write in the International House at UC Berkeley and other readers in America want me to spend Autumn with them. Others are sending letters of appreciation and commendation. But what do I get from my fellow Nigerians and other Africans, Yahoo-Yahoo spam mails and other frivolities or backbiting me and plotting how to cheat and outsmart me. The same thing the rest of Nigeria is doing to our Niger Delta.

Wait and see what they will do, when we cut off our oil supply to the rest of Nigeria.
While you chew the cud, I am going to Baltimore in Maryland to spend sometime with my muse and write a new book.

God help you to repent while I am on vacation.

N.B:
Please, shake the bottle before taking one spoonful of my Agbo Gbo-gbo-nse Bitter Medicine. It will purge you to cleanse you. But if you refuse to take this medicine, you will never recover.

1 Like

Re: "agbo Gbo-gbo-nse" Bitter Medicine by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 11, 2007
wtf

(1) (Reply)

Love And Guilt (an Extract From My Manuscript) / Xxxxxzz / Project Topics And The Materials For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.